Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just to compound matters, Wimbledon, Accrington and Plymouth are all winning as well, so as things stand they're 8 points off 3rd, while a goal for Wycombe and a turnaround for Exeter would see them looking over their shoulders as well.

Just goes to show what I know about L2... York are dismal, but I guess the motivational factor of not being relegated at home if at all possible is greater than "maybe making the playoffs".

I do wonder what effect a Newport goal at home (to top 3 Oxford ffs) might have on the "then-relegated anyway" York side. I'm happy for County to lose if it means York delay their relegation for another few days...

The thing I like is that with Accrington, Plymouth and Bristol Rovers all playing for 2 automatic places none of them are likely to be caught by a side 8 points off the automatic places (and 5 points ahead of the team outside the playoffs) with 4 matches left.

Finished 3-1 to York. And Newport 1-1 so York not down yet and Newport still need a point for safety. :D

Just looked, Pompey have Wycombe at home next. Huge game!!!

Their last 4 games:

Wycombe home - still going for the playoffs, but have drawn 4 of the last 5

Wimbledon away - another direct rival

Hartlepool away - midtable, nothing to play for

Northampton home - already champions, still going for 100 points.

Not easy by any means...

Their last 4 games:

Wycombe home - still going for the playoffs, but have drawn 4 of the last 5

Wimbledon away - another direct rival

Hartlepool away - midtable, nothing to play for

Northampton home - already champions, still going for 100 points.

Not easy by any means...

They could quite easily bugger all of those up. Fingers crossed they do.

POL quotes :lol:

What p!sses me off is that crappy piddling teams like Accrington Stanley are doing better than us, when we have much more resources at our disposal than them.

On the flip side, we are not that far away from a great team.

Would rather not make the play offs than lose in them

For all those people saying we are having our best season in years, well with all due respect, so we bloody should for a club our size in this division.

I want promotion and sucess as much as the next man/woman, but we have to realise it may take longer thanb we would like, we have 2 options, sit, moan and ***** and demand X, Y & Z or we take a deep breath suck it in and suck it up

Finishing sixth or seventh in this garbage league is nothing to be pleased about. It should be a source of shame and embarrassment.

The good thing is we wont be playing these next season

There is nothing wrong with the way the club is being run. We shouldn't need extra investment to get us out of this league

And another interesting quote from POL, if it is true...

What worries me more is what I heard happened in Janaury and interested to know if anyone else heard the same. Reliable source informs me that the High net worth directors were willing to put serious cash in to buy Lavery and 2-3 other players but the trust blocked it due to not being prepared to give them more shares for their cash. So they didn't invest the money.

If this is true, I really fear for our ambition as a club, while its never going to be me having a pop at the trust I do question just how far we expect to go under that model.

In fairness if I was a Pompey fan I would be fuming. They don't need "extra investment" or "ambition" to get out of pigging league 2. They have huge gates and income meaning they should be strolling it. They can save the ambition for when they need to clamber out of (or stay in) League 1.

By any measure they should be top 3 all day long this season. Simply hilarious they haven't even nailed down a play off place yet.

I listened to a bit of it on the radio driving up to London.

1) the score line reflects how p!ss poor the skates were, York could have got at least two more

2) Guy Whittingham spent a fair bit of time taking the p!ss out of the skates

3) Champagne Ian was less than amused

@ The9...... I know what I said about York, however I did agree with you - I thought they wouldn't really put up much of a fight. Quite nice to be proved wrong really.

So then.... 12 points up for grabs.... Technically anyone down to 15th could catch them up.....

. Wycombe will be a tough game as they will want to be back in the playoff spots

So will Wimbledon

Hartlepool should be 3 points for them..... Should be....

Northampton won't be giving anything away.

Do you know, their run in is far from easy all of a sudden. I think they can forget an automatic promotion spot now, dropping out of the playoffs is actually the most likely scenario if they don't win the next two games.

I do hope they didn't put everything on promotion this season.....

In fairness if I was a Pompey fan I would be fuming. They don't need "extra investment" or "ambition" to get out of pigging league 2. They have huge gates and income meaning they should be strolling it. They can save the ambition for when they need to clamber out of (or stay in) League 1.

By any measure they should be top 3 all day long this season. Simply hilarious they haven't even nailed down a play off place yet.

Don't believe a word of this Liverpool take over by The Next Fake Sheikh, the real target is of course the chance of an investment of a lifetime .... Portsmyth.

Exactly what they'll spend the other 699,950 million quid on is anybody's guess!!

Just seen the score. 'Kin hilarious! It's bad enough they haven't got anywhere near top 3 but to miss out on the play offs would unbelievable.

Comments on the snooze article suggests Mr Cook is a full on villain in the swingometer.

If they miss out this year it could really fall apart and they could be on for another scrap to keep their football league status.

What a lovely surprise, I didn't realise they were playing last night.

A skate capitulation always gives me a nice boost, today I will walk with a swagger and whistle a jaunty tune.

I heard the score line, tuned in to Solent because I couldn't quite believe it. From what the commentators were saying it wasn't even a capitulation they were absolutely dire. York barely got out of second gear. The goal they scored only happened because the keeper fumbled it.

This is turning into a real banana skin for them. It's almost like an exquisitely devious plot thought up by some criminal mastermind.

The resources everyone keeps going on about them having should mean that they would be battling Northampton for top spot with third a long way behind. I'm beginning to doubt that they actually have much of anything at all.

The only other explanation is that the back room staff are really crap at player analysis and they've blown their money on the wrong players. They could be in serious trouble if they don't get promoted - there's only so much loyalty in the fanbase beyond the hardcore group who will go to games no matter what. We saw it with Saints on our short trip to League One.

If they stay down for next season I think gates are going to start falling which is going to put a serious dent in their ability to buy the players they need to get promotion.

Astonishing result. Wycombe will no pushovers - literally, their game at Home Park ended in a brawl and an away victory. Their record at Wimbledon is not the best and Ardley has got them on a strong run of form. They should win at Hartlepool but if they can lose at York.....and Northampton won't want to finish on a low note and 100 points may still be on.

Automatic definitely gone and if The9 is right, a home first leg play off game may leave them vulnerable with their tactics this season. There's also the pressure from the 'Bestest' to handle.

The villain-ometer on Cook must into the red zone.

The resources everyone keeps going on about them having should mean that they would be battling Northampton for top spot with third a long way behind. I'm beginning to doubt that they actually have much of anything at all.

Oh, how quickly you forget!

They have a portakabin with a table tennis table from Sports Direct. You don't get that combination in the premier league!

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})