Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Right, It's Friday night (well our version)

The Boys have decided to annoy Eric (he's on shifts) and go off and have a few Ales at The Seaview with Rosie & her band to chew over this week's entertainment and celebrate the extra weeks' stay of Execution this thread was granted by Judge Norris.

Live Long & Prosper Team

Another nice quote from the comments on the recent "News" article:

"
I doubt there is any truth in the rumour established by HMRC that the administration has a cloud hanging over it - simply another piece of dirt-mongering. I wonder what the cost of last Tuesday's hearing and the subsequent one-day hearing still to come will be? The Revenue and Customs would think twice about taking this course of action if they were not using public money...
"

They aren't. If they win, they're using Pompey's money (if they had any).

Sam Hammam is, IMO an odious piece of work. For those interested in the history of Wimbledon FC and a study on how to screw a football club, this article by David Conn is a good read:

In 1988, Hammam applied for, and was granted, outline planning permission by the London Borough of Merton to move Wimbledon from their Plough Lane ground to a new stadium in the Wandle Valley. But Hammam did not proceed with a planning agreement which required him to make improvements to the area, and the plan died. Plough Lane was subject to a restriction imposed by the council that it should always be used for sport or recreation. In 1990, Hammam bought out this covenant, leaving Plough Lane free for development, reportedly for between £300,000 and £800,000. The following year the club moved to share Selhurst Park with Crystal Palace and have been stuck there, homeless, ever since.

Hammam himself, rather than the club, owned Plough Lane, via his holding company, Rudgwick Limited, which charged Wimbledon rent. Rudgwick, which is registered at the London offices of Kennedys solicitors, is wholly owned by Sam Hammam; he and his brother Nijad are the sole directors. In 1998, he sold Plough Lane to Safeway for a price reported to be £8m – the Rudgwick accounts for that year show a £5m profit on the sale of a property. Then, in 1997, Hammam sold 80 per cent of the club shares – which he held via a company registered in the British Virgin Islands, for a reported £28m to the Norwegians Kjell Rokke and Bjorn Gjelsten. He sold the rest for a reported £1.2m three years later. His fortune from the former Fourth Division club: around £36m.

I agree entirely. I said in my post that, IMO, the Court will NOT appoint Andy & Co. I said that I expect them to ask for that.

From the report on the proceedings in the Portsmouth News at http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome/Pompey-to-go-back-before.6115398.jp

"
There was also questions raised over money transferred between Balram Chainrai and Falcondrone - the company which owns 90 per cent of Pompey - which the judge said could lead to the administration becoming invalid.

The judge has now ordered the club to produce evidence of the payments Portpin ltd has loaned to the club and money paid to Portpin Ltd or Chainrai by Friday, March 12
"

I think it's common ground that, in the absence of their own bank account, PCFC were "transacting" via their client account at Fuglers at the time in question.

Have to say chaps that most Pompey fans agree with pretty much all of the points that Hutch quoted in this post. The point about Chainrai's money never actually going into the club has been raised repeatedly by Pompey fans and is clearly the issue that could not only **** his plan to fleece us of even more cash than he already has but, God willing, actually see him sent down along with some of the other ******s who have been using the club for their own ends.

We tried to point out to Gormless Missile when he posted his "scoop" about Chainrai's ownership of the club and the dates he took charge of Fratton as a potential problem that this wasn't the issue. The problem was that the money he "loaned" the club never actually seemed to reach us (he also denied being a "scummer" and insisted he was a Pompey fan when he posted on POL).

Most of us are praying that the judge boots Chainrai's little lapdog administrator out and appoints a completely independent one. If they agree we can go into administration and not decide to liquidate us that is.

Some "Comments" in the Jerusalem Post re Daddy's money laundering trial

http://www.jpost.com/Business/Article.aspx?id=157079

" As the facts of the case come to light in the coming months ...."

IMO I wonder which end of the chain will complete its court case first.

Perhaps the Skates have been stalling all this time in the hope that Daddy's Bank Accounts suddenly get unfrozen ?

Interesting comment towards the end "... Bank employees forged documents to help Gaydamak in his subterfuge ....".

First of all a big thank you to the posters who explain everything so that even dim people like me understand this whole saga.

Perhaps one of them could answer these maybe silly questions ?,

Will Fuglers have serious legal problems because of what Mark Jacobs did whilst employed by them ?

Could HMRC or the Police fraud lot take them to Court ?

We tried to point out to Gormless Missile when he posted his "scoop" about Chainrai's ownership of the club and the dates he took charge of Fratton as a potential problem that this wasn't the issue. The problem was that the money he "loaned" the club never actually seemed to reach us (he also denied being a "scummer" and insisted he was a Pompey fan when he posted on POL).

This is what you "pointed out" to me and it does make you look like a bit of a tw @t now, doesn't it?

ROTFPMSL. That has to be one of the funniest things I've ever read. I bet Man Utd fans still consider you their rivals too. :D What a mong. This from someone who doesn't consider us his rivals but spends time and money getting reports from company house to post on here with a ridiculously sense of self inflated importance finding a legal flaw in Chainrai's plan only to be shown up as completely wrong. Not only that but as we're not your rivals, why post the same findings on Pompey Online posing as a Pompey fan no less.

Just for the people interested in what the clueless bunch you have on your site, here's a sample of their thinking, prior to the court hearing:

22-02-2010, 11:39 AM

However, there is a game of brinkmanship being played between two sides here and it could still go either way.

I believe that Storrie, Fahim, the Trust and everything else merit not a gnats chuff of interest from either party here. Its a business negotiation between two groups of people who both want to come out with the best deal for them -

and what Chanrai is really saying here is that there is a plan b and they aren't the only game in town - which is how you negotiate.

Let's get this straight. What you are saying is that if the South Africans refuse to take on Portsmouth Football Clubs' debts, Chanrai is threatening to place the club in administration, which may mean that the South Africans only have to take on some or none of the debt.

He sounds like a smart guy...

He is clearly smarter than you:icon_lol:

If someone buys the club now then they have to pay something to all the creditors - £5m to Sasha, £18m to the Revenue, £7m to Chainrai.

If the club goes into administration Chainrai would be able to buy it back out again because he owns the ground and represents the best chance for the business to go forward.

He doesn't have to enter into a CVA if he doesn't want to, he just takes the further 10 point deduction. If the club went into admin and came out before March 14th you lose 10 points but also about £50m of debt - ie everybody elses bar the football creditors.

Then you have a debt free football club, you can sell it to someone and let them lease back the ground at £1m a year. And all for an outlay of £0.

I don't think he's smarter than me, as I didn't loan the club £17M and risk losing it all. The danger is that the court will probably rule that any asset transfer of Fratton Park to Chanrai is invalid as it occured after the winding up petition was served. In the absence of South African gold, the court will liquidate the club, the liquidator selling the assets to the highest bidder.

Chanrai will get the square root of f*** all, which serves him right for trying to cheat the UK taxpayer out of revenue to pay for our hospitals, schools, etc.

..and finally from the banned list:

GuidedMissile - purely for being a scummer on a wind up.

:smt022

Edited by Guided Missile

This is what you "pointed out" to me and it does make you look like a bit of a tw @t now, doesn't it?

Just for the people interested in what the clueless bunch you have on your site, here's a sample of their thinking, prior to the court hearing:

22-02-2010, 11:39 AM

..and finally from the banned list:

GuidedMissile - purely for being a scummer on a wind up.

:smt022

I'm banned for 2 years from P.O.L. after posting once, i asked " what was the attendance today? " that was the whole post..fragile those skates.

I was just about to report a growing sense of reality and intelligent debate on Skatey 606 after reading several interesting theories on the money-churning, then I go to the next thread and this....!!

If the FA refuse to pay us our FA cup money, should we serve them with a winding up order?

NEWS-poopey have sensationally turned down a 7 million shirt sponsorship deal with a well known dog food company.Fans said the thought of the team wearing a shirt with WINALOT on the front was taking the Pi-$$. LOL :smt040

ffs - read the thread please. Think that was mentioned a few days ago / around 3,500 posts before but was a bit better because it was trading standards that wouldn't allow them to put WINALOT on their shirts.... :D

Makes me look a **** how Gormless? The whole thrust of your argument was that Chainrai's preferred creditor status would be overturned due to the date he took a charge on Fratton Park. But that's not what the judge is saying, is is? He might lose his preferred creditor status but not due to the reason you said but because he allegedly loaned money to Falcon Drone and not PFC. That's nothing to do with what you were frothing on about so why are you blowing your own blue veined trumpet about something you got completely wrong?

As for the Pompey poster you were trying to ridicule (it's not me by the way), I reckon he was pretty much spot on. Chainrai, as a preferred creditor, would have got most of his (supposed) £17m loan back PLUS he would have got Fratton Park to lease for 15 years all for an outlay of £0.00. The "loan" he supposedly made to PFC will no doubt be untraceable. You got the end result right but were way off beam as to the reason why.

Finally chaps, for something really embarrassing have a look at post 26 in the thread I've posted the link to where Gormless says on POL "I'm not a scummer". What a ****

http://www.pompeyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55949&page=2

Most of us are praying that the judge boots Chainrai's little lapdog administrator out and appoints a completely independent one. If they agree we can go into administration and not decide to liquidate us that is.

The court may not liquidate you but an independent admin without Chainrai's safety net (that will disappear faster than you can say 'not a preferred creditor any more') might. In your case it may unfortunately be better the devil you know.

"Maradona's lawyer Angel Oscar Moyano claims his client has players lined up to join Al Fahim's Fratton Park revolution and that he is ready to quit the Argentina post he only accepted last October.

"He has got top players ready and he is even ready to leave the Argentine national team," Moyano told Arabian Business.

Support

"He wants to build a strong team for which he offers his mediation for signing players of top level, who with the support of Diego Maradona, will be ready to come to Portsmouth."

So then, actual quotes from the guys lawyer. And lawyers are very careful what they say aren't they? Still, nevermind- if he comes in I'm sure he'll look jealously at the third division team down the road :D

LOL

The bottom line is that despite the title of this thread, the takeover has NOT collapsed, Al Fahim has NOT failed the FPPT, we are NOT going down and we are NOT going into administration.

You might as well lock this one down, because remember: "It's the hope that kills you".

Another beauty!

It's been widely reported that the al Faraj takeover is a consortium so no suprise that others are involved.

I think you'll also find that I've mentioned a few times on here that I've been told that he has backing from a branch of the Saudi royal family. Whether that's true or not we'll have to wait and see.

Incidentally, given how secretive Faraj has been it's amazing to see how many papers are intimately aware of his plans, don't you think? Also, how amazing that all these people should be allegedly interested in investing in Pompey when everyone on here told me we'd struggle to find investors.[/QUOTE]

Its like shooting fish in a barrel!!

Ho, your credability is lower that a rattlesnakes ****** so forgive us whilst we laugh at you.

Now, how is your Arab billionaire that you were gloating about last summer?

Riqualme signed yet?

I'm always perplexed when you keep banging on about me saying we';d sign players like Riquelme when I clearly said that type of player wouldn't sign for us:

"Not going to happen, certainly not signing Eto'o/ Villa etc"

Post 699: http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=391322&highlight=maradona#post391322

I might have posted it as gossip from one of the papers or Tribal but that's because it was GOSSIP. Did you never manage to grasp that?

I wouldn't register to go on a Pompey messageboard. Would you register to go on a Saints' one?

Oh...

You missed the point. I've never come on here posing as a Saints fan, but Gormless was on a Pompey board pretending to be a Pompey fan. What a ****.

Is Corp just acting thick or cannot he not understand that we'd sussed out the loan was to Falconedrone and not pcfc ages ago and it was the dates on the charges that we believed to be the crux of the matter?

If that's ever been posted I've not seen it and my point was that's not what Gormless was saying. He was saying Chainrai would lose preferred creditor status because of the date of the charge over Fratton. No mention by him of any loan to Falcondrone. Pompey fans have been saying for months that the "loan" never actually happened and hopefully the latest court request will prove that.

The court may not liquidate you but an independent admin without Chainrai's safety net (that will disappear faster than you can say 'not a preferred creditor any more') might. In your case it may unfortunately be better the devil you know.

Most Pomepy fans want an independent administrator appointed. The current one is too close to Chainrai. You've only got to read Swindon fans' comments about him and his relationship with their chairman to know he's dodgy and the relationship's too cosy. There are people interested in buying Pompey. Whether they'll follow it through I don't know but if Andronikou stays as administrator it will end in favour of Chainrai, you can be sure of that.

Fahim has secured finance already Clapham but it's not as much as is being reported and he's paying a ridiculous rate of interest.

However, for once I'm hoping you're right because I was told at the weekend that if we go into administration the Faraj Bros would still buy us and they have very heavy backing.

I suggest you develop a different set of contacts!!

This one always makes me chuckle....

The new stadium is planned as a 36,000 seater. I'm sure we won't fill that week in week out but see no reason why we wouldn't average the same sort of crowds as you did at St Marys and even sell out for the big games. Also, it would enable us to offer decent corporate facilities to generate more cash.

I am glad I agree with him on something, because I'm sure they won't (in their hour of need) fill FP week in week out.

Another Gem....

But your ridiculous, childish statement that Gaydamak might "scoot off" is so laughable it's untrue. Do you really think that a man who clearly bought Pompey to make money would walk away with nothing when he could sell the club very easily to any number of foreign investors who would be keen to buy a Premiership club relatively cheaply? Why would he do that Dazza? It's just extremely wishful thinking on your part.

Edited by Johnny Bognor

Most Pomepy fans want an independent administrator appointed. The current one is too close to Chainrai. You've only got to read Swindon fans' comments about him and his relationship with their chairman to know he's dodgy and the relationship's too cosy. There are people interested in buying Pompey. Whether they'll follow it through I don't know but if Andronikou stays as administrator it will end in favour of Chainrai, you can be sure of that.

The thing is, as I tried to explain, that with the current administrator there is probably more of a chance that you will get out of this with a club. Without Chainrai's promise of paying for admin no one would take it on and if it becomes clear he will have to join the rabble of unsecured creditors who is going to pay from this independent administrator?

I blame Poorsmouth for this:

HMRC has today (24 February 2010) posted the following message on its website:

HMRC recommends that you make your VAT payments electronically as this is safe and secure and, in most cases, gives you up to seven extra calendar days to pay or, if you pay by Direct Debit, at least ten extra calendar days. Please remember that if you file your VAT return online you must pay electronically.

Pompey cant..... they havent got a bank account LOL

I am sure I read the other day (can't remember where). But Harry & Storrie have worked together before at West Ham. (And look at the issues they had after Harry left). And it was also Harry's recommendation that they employ Storrie at Portsmouth. (Again financial Mess)

If this is the case. Rather interesting. What I want to know is why no investigative journo has ripped this all apart by now?. This would be the biggest scoop in years in sport.

I am sure I read the other day (can't remember where). But Harry & Storrie have worked together before at West Ham. (And look at the issues they had after Harry left). And it was also Harry's recommendation that they employ Storrie at Portsmouth. (Again financial Mess)

If this is the case. Rather interesting. What I want to know is why no investigative journo has ripped this all apart by now?. This would be the biggest scoop in years in sport.

You're quite right JonnyLove, that they worked together at West Ham and about all that went on there too. Storyteller is hanging on like grim death now trying to ensure nobody uncovers all that's been going on. You'll note that Mandarec is stearing well clear, knowing full well he could easily get sucked into the mire. That today, 2010, such criminal activities can continue right under the noses of government, sports bodies and the law, defies all belief. I would have thought the mere fact that Storyteller is up for tax evasion, he'd be asked to step aside, would not be recognised to continue in his current or past rolls. I expect to see the day when the sh it e hits the fan, when it all blows up in their faces.

The whole thrust of your argument was that Chainrai's preferred creditor status would be overturned due to the date he took a charge on Fratton Park. But that's not what the judge is saying, is is? He might lose his preferred creditor status but not due to the reason you said but because he allegedly loaned money to Falcon Drone and not PFC. That's nothing to do with what you were frothing on about so why are you blowing your own blue veined trumpet about something you got completely wrong?

Corp, I'd read the following two quotes and learn. I know you might think you have developed some degree of intellect, posting on your Pompey site, but mate, you've come from "Are You Smarter Than a 10 Year Old" to "University Challenge".

Keep posting, though. Your posts have that window-licking quality you only get from years of inbreeding, on Portsea Island...

01 March 2010, 07:38 PM

The points here, I think, are as follows:

Falcondrone borrows £17M from Portpin which is secured by the shares, Falcondrone own, representing 90% of the share capital of Portsmouth City Football Club.

Additionally, Portpin registers a charge on Fratton Park, owned by Portsmouth City Football Club.

Falcondrone fails to repay Portpin so Portpin takes ownership of the shares in Portsmouth City Football Club.

Portpin charge is satisfied by share transfer.

Fratton still owned by Portsmouth City Football Club because Falcondrone borrowed the money from Portpin, not PCFC which is not in default for the original £17M. It was Falcondrone.

Chanrai/Portpin is thus not a creditor of PCFC, but the majority shareholder.

The additional charge on every asset, current and future of PCFC was registered by Marc Jacobs on the 6th January, when he realised that Chanrai/Portpin were exposed. Fuglers realise that Marc Jacobs has done something that is dodgy, whilst under a court order, following the WUO and they fire him.

HMRC want to see the loan instruments that were deposited with Companies House that make Chanrai/Portpin think he/they can march into the sweetshop and empty the till...

All pure conjecture...

02 March 2010 'It will be necessary for it to be established that new money was given for the charges when granted.

'Unless that can be established the charges will be voided. The Revenue are concerned that no new money was given.

The basis for that concern lies in evidence filed by the company in answer to the winding-up petition.The company is owned as to 90 per cent by a company called Falcondrone Ltd. The ownership of Falcondrone itself has changed hands on a number of occasions.'

'The grantee of the charges on October 6, 2009 and the January 7, 2010, is a British Virgin Islands company called Portpin Ltd, in the ownership of a Mr Balram Chainrai, a welathy Hong Kong businessman.

'In evidence which the company itself filed in response to the winding-up petition, the company's head of finance (Tanya Robins) said Portpin Ltd, Mr Chainrai's company, had provided "initial short-term funding to Falcondrone".

'Although Portpin is a grantee of the two charges, on the evidence it would appear that it advanced no new money to the company but instead advanced money to the owners of the company.

'If that is right, then the charges would not be valid and would not support the appointment of the administrators

Just by way of a quick summary,

It started off with a FAKE owner, Gayda Junior

Then came the FAKE Doctor, with his FAKE consortium of wealthy men

Then came the FAKE Sheikh, with another FAKE consortium of wealthy men

Then came the Saviour, with his FAKE loans

And they've ended up with a FAKE administrator

Has anybody else noticed a bit of a trend here, or is it just me being overly suspicious?

Is Corp just acting thick or cannot he not understand that we'd sussed out the loan was to Falconedrone and not pcfc ages ago and it was the dates on the charges that we believed to be the crux of the matter?

If that's ever been posted I've not seen it and my point was that's not what Gormless was saying. He was saying Chainrai would lose preferred creditor status because of the date of the charge over Fratton. No mention by him of any loan to Falcondrone. Pompey fans have been saying for months that the "loan" never actually happened and hopefully the latest court request will prove that.

It has been explicity posted on here recently.

But, much more worryingly for the Blue Few, it was floated on here many months ago. But at that time it was as part of an "off the wall" and ludicrous conspiracy theory. As a result of what has transpired since, it is now not only part of the mainstream debate, but most probably true.

Any guesses who actually owns Falcondrone? I well remember the comments about where the Falcon in Falcondrone may have come from. The Judge doesn't know. Ali Al-Faraj is one possibility.

Corp, I'd read the following two quotes and learn. I know you might think you have developed some degree of intellect, posting on your Pompey site, but mate, you've come from "Are You Smarter Than a 10 Year Old" to "University Challenge".

Keep posting, though. Your posts have that window-licking quality you only get from years of inbreeding, on Portsea Island...

I believe there's an innernet term for what you've done there. Now what's that other expression - oh yes, shooting fish in a barrel. Most apt. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for Corp's comeback; I'm sure it will be most enlightening. :smt044

Edited by Fowllyd

A word of caution! There are a lot of allagations being posted on this board. Thake care what you type.... especially about solicitors... it may come back to bite you or the owners of the board...

I'm assuming that solicitors are afforded more protection under our libel laws than the rest of us peasants?

Point one HO ho ho, you never saw it because you have been on gardening leave!!!.

Point two, this has been discussed for the last couple of months. It was always said that any transactions after the issuing of the WO, would be declared invalid. This also applies to transfers, appointments etc etc. The truth, you have a tangled web of lies and deceit at your sorry excuse of a club. When you go bang, you will have done this country a favour.

Second time round, and you've learnt nothing in your ten year history.

A word of caution! There are a lot of allagations being posted on this board. Thake care what you type.... especially about solicitors... it may come back to bite you or the owners of the board...

I'm assuming that solicitors are afforded more protection under our libel laws than the rest of us peasants?

They are far more likley to know how to action it and dont have to pay someone.

They are far more likley to know how to action it and dont have to pay someone.

I can't say the thought of Daniel Azougy suing me for posting that he is a convicted fraudster fills me with any great fear, nor the prospect of Marc Jacob issuing a writ because we have speculated that he was fired by his law firm for improper conduct.

If I was GM, I would be more worried about Save the Whale. Watching GM toy with the scaled one is tantamount to cruelty to fish.

Maybe Corpy will sue GM for causing mental distress and suffering. He'll need to find a solicitor, of course, but I've heard there's a chap by the name of Jacob who's at a bit of a loose end right now...