Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I heard it was the pie bill that sent them under.

You are sending out the wrong impression, All the pony boys reading this thread will conjure up an image of a skip load of streaming hot snake and gridlys, When in reality it was just a few trays of seasonal mince, Oh and the deceased owners son filling the Bentleys boot up with the turnstile moneys,,,,,He wanted to go skiing, bless him,:smt059

I heard it was the pie bill that sent them under.

You are sending out the wrong impression, All the pony boys reading this thread will conjure up an image of a skip load of streaming hot snake and gridlys, When in reality it was just a few trays of seasonal mince, Oh and the deceased owners son filling the Bentleys boot up with the turnstile moneys,,,,,He wanted to go skiing, bless him,:smt059

Just by way of a quick summary,

It started off with a FAKE owner, Gayda Junior

Then came the FAKE Doctor, with his FAKE consortium of wealthy men

Then came the FAKE Sheikh, with another FAKE consortium of wealthy men

Then came the Saviour, with his FAKE loans

And they've ended up with a FAKE administrator

Has anybody else noticed a bit of a trend here, or is it just me being overly suspicious?

Yes, I think they are all faking FAKED.

Just by way of a quick summary,

It started off with a FAKE owner, Gayda Junior

Then came the FAKE Doctor, with his FAKE consortium of wealthy men

Then came the FAKE Sheikh, with another FAKE consortium of wealthy men

Then came the Saviour, with his FAKE loans

And they've ended up with a FAKE administrator

Has anybody else noticed a bit of a trend here, or is it just me being overly suspicious?

Yes, I think they are all faking FAKED.

So, more than a week down the road, and still not a sign of any administrating being done. Isn't that "curious"? I was staggered a couple of minutes ago to hear Avram Grant on Sky News saying he hasn't even met the administrator yet. I had to rewind it to make sure I hadn't misheard him. And "curiouser"?

It's almost as if the whole administration thing isn't real, but just some kind of ruse to avoid a Winding Up Petition.

I'm watching the front page of the UHY Hacker Young website. The PR statement announcing their appointment is still on there, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it disappear sometime soon, followed shortly afterwards by a "Fugleresque" meeting of the Senior Partners.

So, more than a week down the road, and still not a sign of any administrating being done. Isn't that "curious"? I was staggered a couple of minutes ago to hear Avram Grant on Sky News saying he hasn't even met the administrator yet. I had to rewind it to make sure I hadn't misheard him. And "curiouser"?

It's almost as if the whole administration thing isn't real, but just some kind of ruse to avoid a Winding Up Petition.

I'm watching the front page of the UHY Hacker Young website. The PR statement announcing their appointment is still on there, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it disappear sometime soon, followed shortly afterwards by a "Fugleresque" meeting of the Senior Partners.

To be honest Hutch, I'm not sure what the administrator can do right now. If he makes people redundant, how does he stand if he then found to be appointed incorrectly?

There are so many grey area's around this case, a cynical person might come to the conslusion that these grey areas have been brought in to delay things long enough for PFC to get to the end of the season & get the sky money before dying.

To be honest Hutch, I'm not sure what the administrator can do right now. If he makes people redundant, how does he stand if he then found to be appointed incorrectly?

There are so many grey area's around this case, a cynical person might come to the conslusion that these grey areas have been brought in to delay things long enough for PFC to get to the end of the season & get the sky money before dying.

UHY Hacker Young will carry indemnity insurance. Andy will be indemnified by the firm, provided that he acts within the law and the appropriate procedural rules applicable to the administration. I would expect them to be covered against pretty much everything short of "deliberate negligence".

And HMRC are only dotting the i's and crossing the t's, after all.

If any body was to suffer inadvertently, provided everything is above board, they will be compensated.

On that basis, there is no reason NOT to proceed, and, conversely, every reason TO proceed, as quickly as possible. Every day that passes without cutting costs is increasing the debt, and diminishing the return to the creditors.

UHY Hacker Young will carry indemnity insurance. Andy will be indemnified by the firm, provided that he acts within the law and the appropriate procedural rules applicable to the administration. I would expect them to be covered against pretty much everything short of "deliberate negligence".

And HMRC are only dotting the i's and crossing the t's, after all.

If any body was to suffer inadvertently, provided everything is above board, they will be compensated.

On that basis, there is no reason NOT to proceed, and, conversely, every reason TO proceed, as quickly as possible. Every day that passes without cutting costs is increasing the debt, and diminishing the return to the creditors.

I heard they were making staff redundant on Monday.

I heard that too.

I also heard a week ago last Friday that the administrators would IMMEDIATELY address the significant cash burn, and cut costs to the bone.

I heard that too.

I also heard a week ago last Friday that the administrators would IMMEDIATELY address the significant cash burn, and cut costs to the bone.

If the Administrator is confident of his position then he has a fudiciary responsibility to run the business and make cost savings immediately to the benefit of all Creditors. If, I suspect that his position is insecure then that would explain the inertia. Furthermore, the funding of the Admin is coming from Chanrai and if, as everyone suspects, that Chanrai is not a Prefferred creditor then I would expect the Admin team to pull out pdq, even before the court date of the 15th.

If the Administrator is confident of his position then he has a fudiciary responsibility to run the business and make cost savings immediately to the benefit of all Creditors. If, I suspect that his position is insecure then that would explain the inertia. Furthermore, the funding of the Admin is coming from Chanrai and if, as everyone suspects, that Chanrai is not a Prefferred creditor then I would expect the Admin team to pull out pdq, even before the court date of the 15th.

No more tea lady, canteen staff and unimportant posts like the CEO and the finnace staff who do the bank reconciliation!

Saw O'Hara on Sky lamenting that staff like the tea lady are going on Monday.

She must be a well paid tea lady (Mrs Storrie?) to make any impact on saving significant costs.

I would expect O'Hara and other loanees to be the first out if the Andy the Bubble is serious.

No more tea lady, canteen staff and unimportant posts like the CEO and the finnace staff who do the bank reconciliation!

Saw O'Hara on Sky lamenting that staff like the tea lady are going on Monday.

She must be a well paid tea lady (Mrs Storrie?) to make any impact on saving significant costs.

I would expect O'Hara and other loanees to be the first out if the Andy the Bubble is serious.

These would be necessary, prudent and unpleasant, measures whoever was running the club.

These would be necessary, prudent and unpleasant, measures whoever was running the club.

So how did everyone manage to get paid on time then for February? Did Chanrai put up the money knowing that if staff hadn't got paid it would have looked bad with the court appointment up at the beginning of the week?
I suspect they were paid out of the residue transfer payments for the two who left for Stoke & Spurs

So how did everyone manage to get paid on time then for February? Did Chanrai put up the money knowing that if staff hadn't got paid it would have looked bad with the court appointment up at the beginning of the week?
I suspect they were paid out of the residue transfer payments for the two who left for Stoke & Spurs

IMO they will select the Driver employed on the Horton Heath run, and the bloke who is paid £250 a time to put out the cones.

After her comments in the SoA / Court the other day it will be interesting if they select Tanya. I bet she has some other storries to tell ?

IMO they will select the Driver employed on the Horton Heath run, and the bloke who is paid £250 a time to put out the cones.

After her comments in the SoA / Court the other day it will be interesting if they select Tanya. I bet she has some other storries to tell ?

Or was it the £4m that PCFC told the Judge in February that they'd offered to pay to HMRC, but HMRC had refused to accept it?

Robbing Peter to pay Paul (and Ethel, and Mavis, and ......).

Or was it the £4m that PCFC told the Judge in February that they'd offered to pay to HMRC, but HMRC had refused to accept it?

Robbing Peter to pay Paul (and Ethel, and Mavis, and ......).

(storries to tell). very good

(storries to tell). very good

Would be the ex mayor of southamptons son, the basketball king?

Would be the ex mayor of southamptons son, the basketball king?

Not SKATING then?

Lol @ Chainrai paying for some Indian drummers out of his own pocket to try and get some sort of atmosphere at Fratton Park!!

I reckon they'll be piping in crowd music soon ;)

I chuckled at that too. Glad the fans are contented so easily. Would much rather have 7 indian drummers than a club to support!? Surely bells are better than drums anyway!

I don't get so annoyed when the commentators bang on about their "amazing" support. It just shows what a poxy club they are really, as it's said in a "awwww bless 'em, look they're still singing, look..." kind of way.

If we ever get these sort of comments from commentators, you know we're officially a tin pot club.

I want one, just one, commentator to comment on the FACT that Pompey (and allegedly their CEO) have evaded taxes...

JUST ONE

think hell will freeze over before that. doesn't make for good tv pointing out that the taxes not paid could have been used in our schools & hospitals to help people and not line the pockets of a bunch of shisters.