Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

It will take a hell of a judge to kill them off now. The pressure will be intense from all sections of the media. I understand the law of the land and all that, but they live a charmed life.There seems to be one law for us and special laws for the PL.

I expect a fudge after fudge and time given until they get out of it. We now have the PL and FA needing them to survive, it will be in their interests now to pay the HRMC off to keep both the 'competitions integrity' Lol.

The media are happy for them to carry on and i suspect most people outside So postcodes dont care.

They are playing on an unfair playing field but Brum did not object and the FA have turned a blind eye. they are going to come out of it, as I cant see any toast at present.

It will take a hell of a judge to kill them off now. The pressure will be intense from all sections of the media. I understand the law of the land and all that, but they live a charmed life.There seems to be one law for us and special laws for the PL.

I expect a fudge after fudge and time given until they get out of it. We now have the PL and FA needing them to survive, it will be in their interests now to pay the HRMC off to keep both the 'competitions integrity' Lol.

The media are happy for them to carry on and i suspect most people outside So postcodes dont care.

They are playing on an unfair playing field but Brum did not object and the FA have turned a blind eye. they are going to come out of it, as I cant see any toast at present.

They will struggle on without paying there way till the end of season

but when they are relegated the fa will have em`

I really believe the FA are in waiting to give -15 at least due

to all the dodgy operating that has been going on at the cesspit

Im glad you are so confident. I have read so many times that it is game over and since the day I was on here and saw 'Lol Pompey scored, own goal ' in the last minute at Cov i have had a bad feeling their cup luck had returned.

If no wrong doing is very obvious , i think they will be baled out by the PL/FA

in their desperation to keep their tarnised comps to be saved.

See what all this 'hating' does for you guys that indulge in it? It all blows up in your faces eventually, you only end up hurting yourselves, It does no good I tell you! I wish you all the best for your trip to Wembely I was devestated the wheels finally fell off your Season today. Still the eyes of the world will be on you for the JPT so lets all have great days out at Wemberleeee! As a veteren of 4 trips to see my team in the past 3 seasons I'm telling you, your gonna love it! Happy days!!!

Why?? are you coming to watch us, because I'm afraid you will be wound up/kaput/toast. So as a Poor smouth supporter, you won't be going anywhere. Laugh my fishy friend, it will hurt all the more when you go bang.:)

The FA have nothing to do with points deductions. It will be down to the FL.

So many confuse the FA, PL and FL it is amazing! :D

It will be an interesting showdown if the judge decides that Chanrai wasn't allowed to put the club into admin.

Then from what I understand a week monday it's either, the FA/PL cough up the money to the tax man or Pompey fold. I can see the PL saving them just to see out the season, I can't see Pompey getting a single penny of parachute money after that though.

See what all this 'hating' does for you guys that indulge in it? It all blows up in your faces eventually, you only end up hurting yourselves, It does no good I tell you! I wish you all the best for your trip to Wembely I was devestated the wheels finally fell off your Season today. Still the eyes of the world will be on you for the JPT so lets all have great days out at Wemberleeee! As a veteren of 4 trips to see my team in the past 3 seasons I'm telling you, your gonna love it! Happy days!!!

What a prescient thought. Shame that you apply it to us and miss the delicious irony that it is entirely possible that should you progress any further in the Cup, developments elsewhere might mean that you cannot continue because you have been liquidated.

If I were you, I would be a bit more circumspect about sneering in our direction. We have a great stadium, great training ground, super-wealthy owner and are heading upwards.

You on the other hand are a club on the edge of oblivion, in a crappy stadium that you might not even own, no training ground of your own, massively in debt, probably having illegally traded while insolvent and facing the almost inevitable relegation, loss of half your players, points deductions and a fall down the divisions.

Still, I admire your ability to bluff your feelings to give the impression that you have anything to be happy about.

What a prescient thought. Shame that you apply it to us and miss the delicious irony that it is entirely possible that should you progress any further in the Cup, developments elsewhere might mean that you cannot continue because you have been liquidated.

If I were you, I would be a bit more circumspect about sneering in our direction. We have a great stadium, great training ground, super-wealthy owner and are heading upwards.

You on the other hand are a club on the edge of oblivion, in a crappy stadium that you might not even own, no training ground of your own, massively in debt, probably having illegally traded while insolvent and facing the almost inevitable relegation, loss of half your players, points deductions and a fall down the divisions.

Still, I admire your ability to bluff your feelings to give the impression that you have anything to be happy about.

Poopey got more front than Brighton, innit.

So the Skates win again with players loaned & bought cough cough or not cheat their way through again, I'm really beginning to change my mind & hope they do go under on the 15th, I'm getting so ****ed off with this Poopey love in the best Fans in the world t**ts. The FA & EPL have let them have an unfair advantage over other clubs & continue to let them. Rant over!

sums up my position

the football pundits seem to forget that they are playing players they cannot pay or pay for, the likes of Burnley, Wolves and Hull must hate them.

sums up my position

the football pundits seem to forget that they are playing players they cannot pay or pay for, the likes of Burnley, Wolves and Hull must hate them.

Curious comment. Without us all three of them would be going down.

For those of you with access to BBC Iplayer, we found a very interesting debate on BBC World this evening. The Manc game was boring and click..

BBC Business

Football In The Red.

Interesting Panel discussion, a lot of comments that were just bollix (especially Gordon Taylor & some whingeing Manc Fans) but also a lot of sense spoken, inclduing some guy from the PL, David Gold and at the end the small talk by the Derby Chairman/Owner hit some nails on the head.

Couple of times I wanted to kick the TV screen in, but a lovely dig at Poorsmuff's owners by the PL guy...

Anyway, the reason nobody is making any comments is because of the legal action, but BOY did the PL guy look like he wanted to say some stuff, he kept it to "Decency" when referring to the Few's owners.

Oh and Governance & Compliance (my bugbears) were mentioned a great deal.

Well worth looking up and watching for regular thread followers should be on-line nowish.

Certainly the PL guy's We introduced new rules in September but not a journalist wanted to report them, until now when they are calling for changes which we had already introduced...

You'll like this one - beside Transfer Embargoes they can now FORCE a club to sell players (or words to the effect)

For those of you with access to BBC Iplayer, we found a very interesting debate on BBC World this evening. The Manc game was boring and click..

BBC Business

Football In The Red.

Interesting Panel discussion, a lot of comments that were just bollix (especially Gordon Taylor & some whingeing Manc Fans) but also a lot of sense spoken, inclduing some guy from the PL, David Gold and at the end the small talk by the Derby Chairman/Owner hit some nails on the head.

Couple of times I wanted to kick the TV screen in, but a lovely dig at Poorsmuff's owners by the PL guy...

Anyway, the reason nobody is making any comments is because of the legal action, but BOY did the PL guy look like he wanted to say some stuff, he kept it to "Decency" when referring to the Few's owners.

Well worth looking up and watching for regular thread followers should be on-line nowish.

Certainly the PL guy's We introduced new rules in September but not a journalist wanted to report them, until now when they are calling for changes which we had already introduced...

You'll like this one - beside Transfer Embargoes they can now FORCE a club to sell players (or words to the effect)

Thanks phil i need something to cheer me after today

Thanks phil i need something to cheer me after today

My mate stopped over for the day on his way back to Europe. He's a Bolton fan. Luckily I was only able to listen to a bit of the game but was watching him suffering that pain and strain of being at the bottom...

Anyway made the decision not to even read the post match reaction and we saw this instead....

I must admit that ANY of the regular readers of this thread could have made much better speeches/interjections than a lot of the audience, but there was a nice one from a Burnley Journo/fan to the PL about them breaching UK Competition Law, and a Manc fan at the end who ripped into Taylor..

give Talyor his due though he thinks Rupert Lowe had the answers to players contracts and relegation clauses. :D

Oh and there was an Aussie player who - wait for it - demanded 50% of the GATE receipts of Middlesborough FC to join them....

David Gold clarified his offer to lend Poorsmuff money..

Oh and no way the PL will overturn the points deduction - nothing was said but you could read that clearly between the lines!

Funny you should say that.....;)

Uh no.

The New PL rules that were discussed last August and approved in september have now come into effect from 1st March.

All PL clubs must now provide detail Financial Statements and plans for the forthcoming season. Failure to provide the plans could lead to an expulsion. Should those plans show the business model to be unsustainable then the club will have a number of sanctions applied against them.

The 1st March deadline has now passed. Have PCFC supplied their sustainable business plan to the FAPL for next season SHOULD they make up the 14 point gap?

Let me guess, the answer is wot?

It is one thing being unpopular, it is one thing being unliked, it is one thing to be accused of cheating, but the PL now have you on all of those, plus the ONE thing that will kill you. You have caused a source of funding to PL clubs to be pulled by the banks. It would have removed the issue of "staged payments". That had taken them two years to sort out, they are REALLY unhappy as some of the smaller clubs who are selling clubs by their NON-Cheating business models now have a new financial problem.

Yep and further references to the 'wonderful fans that keep this club alive' :rolleyes:

Funny that- they never said that about your lot last year did they?

They keep on about the Skates support and how magnificent it is. But for crissakes, we are only talking about them filling a 20,000 capacity stadium for a last eight match in the FA. And I must say that listening to the support on the telly, it seemed rather muted to me. Perhaps the commentator ought to visit them on a league match, when the stadium would be nowhere near full. We've had bigger attendances than them for matches in the third division, so our support is actually far better than theirs, if the blind and dumb commentator were to look 20 miles along the M27.

For someone who is supposed to be not in the first flush of youth you do have a selective memory. That cesspit known as the dell barely held 15,000 in all seater form and yet you go on as if you've been paying in the Bernebau for the last 50 years. No one cares that you might get good crowds in a newish stadium- you're a third division club, end of......

Do you know what? We're going to come out of this mess a lot less damaged than you all think. Still, after todays final nail in the coffin for making the payoffs, I suppose all you've got left is to have a go at us. Even that's not working out at the moment is it?

BBC Business

Football In The Red.

Dear oh dear keep up- that was broadcast three days ago.....

There's a classic line from the film 'Wargames' that sums up what it's like for us at the moment:

Colonel Joe Conley: This is Crystal Palace. Are you still on? Is anyone there?

Colonel Chase: That's affirmative, sir.

Airman Dougherty: Yeah, we're here! Jesus H. Christ! We're still here!

We're still here, and we'll continue to still be here whether you like or not......

For someone who is supposed to be not in the first flush of youth you do have a selective memory. That cesspit known as the dell barely held 15,000 in all seater form and yet you go on as if you've been paying in the Bernebau for the last 50 years. No one cares that you might get good crowds in a newish stadium- you're a third division club, end of......

Do you know what? We're going to come out of this mess a lot less damaged than you all think. Still, after todays final nail in the coffin for making the payoffs, I suppose all you've got left is to have a go at us. Even that's not working out at the moment is it?

There's a classic line from the film 'Wargames' that sums up what it's like for us at the moment:

We're still here, and we'll continue to still be here whether you like or not......

Time Zones mate.

Like I said it was BBC World, we don't get the normal stuff we get re-gurgitated stuff puntucated by ADVERTS

I've said all along you'll still be here.

The only thing that will stop that happening is if your so called Directors sleep walk you to extincton in their arrogance.

I dont disagree that the FA Cup is the better trophy -of course it is. The real question is whether you'd rather be in Pompey's position overall and in the FA Cup semis - or our position overall and in the JPT Final. Thats an easy one.

however and lets put whether it was legal aside we have been in a final and an FA cup final and won it

this is just another bonus and our 4th time there in the last 2 years

Can you at least do some research before you post?

The Dell had a capacity of over 30,000 until the early 90s, but due to Hillsborough it was only then it went down to around 15,000 after Maggie's rampage round the football grounds. We had a 15,000 capacity for less than a decade until we moved to St Mary's.

Enjoy the cup run while it lasts, I'm sure the players will enjoy all the bonuses they'll get for getting Pompey so far in the cup . . . oh

Notice that the Blue Few turn up on here after a win....27 years in our shadow and when your big chance to put us in the shadow with your 7 or so years in the Prem, what have you got to show for it?

The same sh1tty little ground that rarely gets filled. You train on our OLD training ground. Your manager frequents massage parlours in SOUTHAMPTON. You have no facilities and no infastructure.

You've had your big chance with the Premier League money to build a future - instead you spunked it on mercenaries and wonderfully run accounting procedures.

I've got Skate mates, they're good blokes, it's give and take on the banter, but they are realistic.

The fact you can revel in the hypocrisy that is Portsmouth Football Club...well enjoy your day out.

At the High Court.

(PS - hope you lot sort your lives out and ditch PFC, start AFC and get your club back.)

LOL

" Do you know what? We're going to come out of this mess a lot less damaged than you all think. Still, after todays final nail in the coffin for making the payoffs, I suppose all you've got left is to have a go at us. Even that's not working out at the moment is it?"

You might (!) escape being wound up, but you'll still be in an ar5ef()ck of a position - probably for years to come. That is, of course, depending on whether you might be able to ensnare another arab 'billionaire' (LOL)

I'm just hoping your odious little club gets what it deserves.

We've still got plenty to laugh at, btw -all anyone has to do to is have a scroll through these 400 odd pages... there is still plenty of material relevant....

We've still got plenty to laugh at, btw -all anyone has to do to is have a scroll through these 400 odd pages... there is still plenty of material relevant....

I think the fact there is 400 pages is more than mildly amusing myself.

ps. I know, I know so why I am on a Saints message board? Sorry but I can't tell you until 24 hours from now....

i often enjoy reading this forum,including the bits from the pompey fans... or most of the pompey fans but pfc123... i really wish his mother/sister/cousin/dog or who ever created him would takeaway his internet access, as the man is a complete knob. I have many a skate mate and dont wish them the pain they are going through... but with pfc123 and the few like him i hope the pain continues (cup semi final wont hide the pain for long)

i often enjoy reading this forum,including the bits from the pompey fans... or most of the pompey fans but pfc123... i really wish his mother/sister/cousin/dog or who ever created him would takeaway his internet access, as the man is a complete knob. I have many a skate mate and dont wish them the pain they are going through... but with pfc123 and the few like him i hope the pain continues (cup semi final wont hide the pain for long)

Yup! Have to agree, Mack Rill, Merovingian (Mongerevian I call him affectionately) are true footy fans. The Ho and PFC just have to get nasty, trouble is you can't wish them the worst case scenario without embroiling the (phew) decent Skates.

Yup! Have to agree, Mack Rill, Merovingian (Mongerevian I call him affectionately) are true footy fans. The Ho and PFC just have to get nasty, trouble is you can't wish them the worst case scenario without embroiling the (phew) decent Skates.

thats the problem i speak to some of the good blue few and feel for them, then come on here and read pfc and ho's commments and just wish for the clubs death.. Problem is when fa cup draw was made it was all i could think of, so if im honest i dont want pompey to die... maybe just suffer and drop to their naturel level.. but pfc and co really do make me want to see them fold... but then im sure the fools would reincarnate them selves as chelsea fans or some other so called big team and still spoute sh!te on here!

thats the problem i speak to some of the good blue few and feel for them, then come on here and read pfc and ho's commments and just wish for the clubs death.. Problem is when fa cup draw was made it was all i could think of, so if im honest i dont want pompey to die... maybe just suffer and drop to their naturel level.. but pfc and co really do make me want to see them fold... but then im sure the fools would reincarnate them selves as chelsea fans or some other so called big team and still spoute sh!te on here!

What do you expect after all the vitriol and hate dished out to us on here? I stumbled across this forum originally and only got involved because I started reading a few posts, and felt that even though it's your board some of the outright lies peddled on here as fact about Pompey needed answering.

I've got plenty of other things I can do with my time. I don't often bite back in a nasty way on here, but today is just one occasion when 400 odd pages of glee needed a few sharp answers. You took my money when I registered. If I'm really that far off beam, withdraw my membership.....

however and lets put whether it was legal aside we have been in a final and an FA cup final and won it

this is just another bonus and our 4th time there in the last 2 years

That's like saying "I'm a millionaire - I robbed a bank, but I'm still a millionaire!"

I can't believe that you can feel any pride now you are aware of the how the FA Cup was won and indeed how you have got to the semis this year.

:rolleyes:

What do you expect after all the vitriol and hate dished out to us on here? I stumbled across this forum originally and only got involved because I started reading a few posts, and felt that even though it's your board some of the outright lies peddled on here as fact about Pompey needed answering.

I've got plenty of other things I can do with my time. I don't often bite back in a nasty way on here, but today is just one occasion when 400 odd pages of glee needed a few sharp answers. You took my money when I registered. If I'm really that far off beam, withdraw my membership.....[/quote

I didn't take your money mate the forum did, I have no probelm reading and exchanging banter with any fan on here--- who ever they support. And yes maybe some things on here bend the truth a little but let's be honest pfc you do come out with a load of sh!te at times.. So feel free defend your club, enjoy any success you may have, just as we do.. But cut out the bull sh!t and **** poor arguments and then you may get a little respect as some of the other Pompey fans do

I've got plenty of other things I can do with my time. I don't often bite back in a nasty way on here, but today is just one occasion when 400 odd pages of glee needed a few sharp answers. You took my money when I registered. If I'm really that far off beam, withdraw my membership.....

Meh, your comedic value far outweighs the vitriol and brainless spite which you sometimes spout. :D

Looks like Corp Ho has taken over PES's membership to this forum.

What happened to the old PES that claimed that he wouldn't come on here to gloat??? The guy who seemed to be quite reasonable for a Pompey fan. Perhaps the strain of WUO 's , court cases and administrators has taken its toll in more ways than one on the nerves of the blue phew???

TBF, I am at my most reactionary at the moment, I think thats understandable, your all big boys. I never directly gloated at the recent game we played as I recognise thats a raw open wound, however I'm not made of wood and if you don't mind, I'll make hay whilst the sun is shining! As someone who will stick around when it all goes tits up and when you do in all probability have the last laugh, I hope you'd forgive me a little enjoyment this weekend? :)

I think you have lots to look forward too Wes, You ARE a club on the up, though obviously not this year. Forgive me for taking a MAJOR positive for my club which has endured a pretty rough time of it. But I can assure you I AM pretty happy at the moment, as should you be. Wemberleee! :)

Edited by PES

The bottom line is that despite the title of this thread, the takeover has NOT collapsed, Al Fahim has NOT failed the FPPT, we are NOT going down and we are NOT going into administration.

You might as well lock this one down, because remember: "It's the hope that kills you".

This is still the best one!

The bottom line is that despite the title of this thread, the takeover has NOT collapsed, Al Fahim has NOT failed the FPPT, we are NOT going down and we are NOT going into administration.

You might as well lock this one down, because remember: "It's the hope that kills you".

My favourite bit too...

PMSL

I think you have lots to look forward too Wes, You ARE a club on th up, though obviously not this year. Forgive me for taking a MAJOR positive for my club which has endured a pretty rough time of it. But I can assure you I AM pretty happy at the moment, as should you be. Wemberleee! :)

Try to enjoy it whilst you can. You will be down for a very very long time and it's how it should be.

I think you have lots to look forward too Wes, You ARE a club on th up, though obviously not this year. Forgive me for taking a MAJOR positive for my club which has endured a pretty rough time of it. But I can assure you I AM pretty happy at the moment, as should you be. Wemberleee! :)

I would say it's still 50/50 as to wether you'll even have a club to support in 10 days time so I wouldn't go buying your Wembley ticket just yet.

Notice that the Blue Few turn up on here after a win....27 years in our shadow and when your big chance to put us in the shadow with your 7 or so years in the Prem, what have you got to show for it?

Sorry, but your being a big baby Channon, It's the same Pompey on here as always. You cant Level that at Me, Mero, Corp or PFC123. We've taken yours and others **** on here for months, mostly in good grace, be man enough to take your medicine for one f****** day at least. Tomorrow will undoubtably see more negative revelations in the press about the running of our club and will put wind back in your sails. Just be big enough to swallow one measly day that goes our way and don't talk s*** about our little PFC crew who brave it on your board through thick and mostly thin. :) x

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})