Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Apart from The News not knowing which is Pearson and which is his assistant, comments from the Skates following their article on the forthcoming Leicester match confirm that the few are as delusioned as ever.

hugo

Friday, November 25, 2011 at 09:03 AM

I am really fed up with all the carp about Antonov, CSI's other directors have stated that his troubles will have no effect whatsoever on Portsmouth Football Club....why is this not good enough for some people.....time to stop speculating about something we know very little about ....at this moment in time

Rob in Suffolk

Friday, November 25, 2011 at 08:44 AM

Lottery winners aside, is there such a thing as a multi millionairre or billionaire who is NOT corrupt? Particularly a young one. I really am fed up with this saga.

So Hugo, you carry on believing that the arrest and probable imprisonment of the main shareholder of the group who own your poxy club will mean that nothing changes. Naive or just plain thick?

And yes, Rob in Suffolk. There is such as thing as a billionaire who is not corrupt. And you don't need to look far along the M27 to find an example either.

Ok, to clarify, if were soon going to be on the Market again as part of some sort of Lithuanian government asset recovery sale, we just want someone straight to come in. If it means an owner with no real money to spend on ground and the team so be it- were just sick of being pawns in someone else's game of monopoly- and right now it feels like we've landed on Mayfair with a hotel on it and it's not ours...

Excuse me more like "the old Kent Road" with a brothel

Well conversemoney has had a fantastic day £2300 lent to 13 people ar 2562% APR

https://www.conversmoney.com/

Even better today so far...

Money lent today £9350 Customers 32

Just struck me that if we're talking money laundering, wouldn't this be a pretty good vehicle to be using?

Another question that struck me as they seem to have plenty of business, when is pay day?

I think a fans consortium or an enthusiastic but not necessarily megabucks individual is the best we can hope for really. If the worst comes to the worst we'll survive in some reduced form or another, and gradually work our way back up. It's too big a club to just be left to die. We'll be ok...
Lol too BIG a club to die.

You are a small provincial club that has had some recent success on the back of bad debt and perhaps corruption. If you were a big club you would have the fanbase to show it in bad times.For decades you were wallowing around the lower leagues, only after your club took on wages and exes that you could not sustain did you float to the surface again.

I do not say Saints are a big club, but have the fanbase and foundations from being established in the top league for decades, we are the bigger club with probably a larger fanbase due to our high profile for longer period of time.Neither can ever be classed as a big club IMO. Of course if we do go up to the PL and then florish and get a larger stadia that is filled my attitude may change on who is a big club. I believe your chance of being seen as a big club went when you ere on a crest of a wave and it looked like you may get a big stadium. Had you stayed up, had a new stadium and kept the team of world stars you would have been a big club, bigger than us, as you would have filled it and got a new influx of fans who are not as ingrained to either club as the diehards.

If you do ever get an Afcp Iwould wish you well, but I doubt it would attain a high league status. Therefore you are stuffed if Chanrai does pull the plug, I have always said you will get away with it, but it is looking decidedly difficult if your owners are indeed financing the club. If Chanrai has to come back he will at least now have a club that is not leaking as much money and so he may bear that cost until the parchute money has been eaten up (Iassume you still have some to come)

If you form

If Chanrai has to come back he will at least now have a club that is not leaking as much money and so he may bear that cost until the parchute money has been eaten up (Iassume you still have some to come)

Welcome NewNick. Where's OldNick?

Just hypothetically, of course, but what if Chainrai was quite a clever businessmen, and had set up an arrangement so that he has registered charges over the club and it's assets such that he would get what's left (if anything) of the parachutes anyway if the club was liquidated?

Just hypothetically, of course, but what if Chainrai was quite a clever businessmen, and had set up an arrangement so that he has registered charges over the club and it's assets such that he would get what's left (if anything) of the parachutes anyway if the club was liquidated?

I would imagine the Premier League has covered its arse there, so if the club went bankrupt, they would simply keep the money.

Even better today so far...

Money lent today £9350 Customers 32

Just struck me that if we're talking money laundering, wouldn't this be a pretty good vehicle to be using?

Another question that struck me as they seem to have plenty of business, when is pay day?

I'm liking the look of Convers Money's headquarters.....very classy: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=159a+Chase+Side,+Enfield,+Middlesex,+EN2+OPW&hl=en&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=13.127023,28.256836&vpsrc=0&hnear=159A+Chase+Side,+Enfield,+Middlesex+EN2+0PW,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=16. Next to the Funeral Services too...

And, does the Office of Fair Trading logo on their website indicate that they are endorsed by the OFT....?

oft-logo.gif

Edited by trousers

Someone on one of our boards yesterday posted that he's so sick of lurching from one disaster to another he'd take demotion to the Conference or lower just to wipe the slate clean and start afresh. Difficult to disagree with him.

Like I've said all along, the club itself will probably be ok, but if it isn't there are plenty of us who right now would almost welcome implosion followed by renewal.

F*ck it, if AFC Wimbledon can come back from the dead, anyone can....

Blimey! I'm actually starting to feel a bit sorry for some of the blue few. It all goes back to Mandaric letting Redknapp overspend then selling you down the river to whoever he could find to give him some of his money back really doesn't it?

But you do have an alternative to waiting for yet another dodgy owner to come along and/or slow death. Why not start an 'FC of Portsmouth', like some disenchanted Man U fans did http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/home.php ? You could play at Havant's ground and try to work slowly back up the leagues.

Amusing that google imaging 'Lituanian Fraud' Vlad, Fratton and the clubs crest pop up on page one!

So Vlads up against the beak today, I imagine last night wasnt much fun for him... must have been an exciting ride, however he has robbed a nation of peoples savings, pensions and dreams...

Serious_Organised_Crime_Agency_logo_w_400.jpg

image_aboutsoca2.jpg

Serious-Organised-Crime-Agency.jpg

One of these spotted flying around the Peoples Republic of Portsea, according to Corporate Ho's very well placed source, whom he sees socially every two weeks:

Police-drones-used-in-arr-001.jpg

41570_92515156668_6877643_n.jpg

27_Lithuania_police_woman.jpg

41580_128420713847043_8944_n.jpg

4090515814_c2739e5862_o.jpg

It brings a tear to the eye, and a lump in the throat... im welling up!

[/img]

Ok, to clarify, if were soon going to be on the Market again as part of some sort of Lithuanian government asset recovery sale, we just want someone straight to come in. If it means an owner with no real money to spend on ground and the team so be it- were just sick of being pawns in someone else's game of monopoly- and right now it feels like we've landed on Mayfair with a hotel on it and it's not ours...

Change of tone, why is that then?

1.07-08-2010 08:05 AM#32167 pfc123 Full Member Join Date Feb 2008 Posts 514

Don't care if it's 'wrong' that we've escaped. Don't care what anyone else thinks of us to be honest. All I know is that we've got a managable debt level and 48m in parachute payments to help us stabilise and regroup on a more sound footing, before getting back into the Prem

Also hows the house?

1.06-11-2011 10:15 PM#43560

pfc123 Full Member Join Date Feb 2008 Posts 514

No, to be fair no evidence at all, just a hunch. But one I'd put my house on- were turning things around and were going to be ok....

http://www.pompeytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=347%3Apst-statement-25112011&catid=34%3Ademo-category

How ironic it would be if it was down to us Saints fans to educate them.....I honestly think we have a far clearer picture of their situation than any of them given the comments you read on their various fishboards.

Lol think that was all nailed down and proven on about page 400 and something

http://www.pompeytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=347%3Apst-statement-25112011&catid=34%3Ademo-category

How ironic it would be if it was down to us Saints fans to educate them.....I honestly think we have a far clearer picture of their situation than any of them given the comments you read on their various fishboards.

I was just going to say, can't we just email them this thread?! :lol:

Yet another Pompey relate website that returns 'server unavailable' on my iPhone.

to many http:'s in the quoted link I fear, try:

http://www.pompeytillidie.com/

Which gives this when you try and enter their forum

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@pompeytillidie.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Yet another Pompey relate website that returns 'server unavailable' on my iPhone.

It's not just your phone mate, that website is gone, dead, passed on, is pushing up the daisies, expired.. etc...

All that remains is the front page, it's shell, it's lifeless dead husk.

Over 2 years.... 891 pages... 44,506 posts and now, finally, the thread hits top gear! ;)

Holy Karp.

You mean Clarkson now posts on here as well?

Just back from the beach, which reminded me of something I once was told and let's face it we all worked out back in June when this lot first appeared.

If it looks like a fish, smells like a fish, tastes like a fish, then it is probably a safe bet that it is actually fishy.

Meanwhile back to the deluded this doesn't affect us view of the few.

I left Blighty a long time ago, but I seem to recall that there are laws about handling stolen goods, and quite possibly laws about handling stolen money. In fact if I recall, a defence of I know nuffink Gov never seemed to work very well

FYI Pompey News reporter inside court:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/webchats

Comment From ash1987 i think it will all be sorted anyway. It shouldnt be too hard to sell PFC, we are now making a profit and there is still great potential at the club. Ive got my ticket for tomorrow for 3 pts :) pupppu

One of us on a wind up or a deluded Pompey fan....?

FYI Pompey News reporter inside court:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/webchats

Comment From ash1987 on that webchat

i think it will all be sorted anyway. It shouldnt be too hard to sell PFC, we are now making a profit and there is still great potential at the club. Ive got my ticket for tomorrow for 3 pts :) pupppu

Really? :facepalm:

Comment From pompeycal

I should think he'd reappear if requested? Hope the guy is innocent, really do. National press jump all over Pompey at the smallest thing and hopefully this has been blown out of proportion. Would like to see him at the game tomorrow, and we should all show our support!

Comment From pompeycal surely cant get a points deduction, Snoras bank have nothing to do with CSI and it was the football league that did all the checks for the fit & proper persons test.... So, they could be held accountable. That process was put into place to protect clubs!
:facepalm:

Change of tone, why is that then?

1.07-08-2010 08:05 AM#32167 pfc123 Full Member Join Date Feb 2008 Posts 514

Don't care if it's 'wrong' that we've escaped. Don't care what anyone else thinks of us to be honest. All I know is that we've got a managable debt level and 48m in parachute payments to help us stabilise and regroup on a more sound footing, before getting back into the Prem

Also hows the house?

1.06-11-2011 10:15 PM#43560

pfc123 Full Member Join Date Feb 2008 Posts 514

No, to be fair no evidence at all, just a hunch. But one I'd put my house on- were turning things around and were going to be ok....

The tone changes with events doesn't it? As I said earlier we'll probably be ok, but nothings certain other than the hunch I've always had. Wishful thinking? Yeah, probably. As to not giving a stuff about "getting away with it", sometimes you do feel like that when you get pushed into a corner- belligerence sometimes takes over.

The one thing I'll give you is that this thread has been given a new lease of life. Just hold back a little on the crowing, eh? Were not quite dead yet you know....

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})