Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-23/lithuanian-prosecutor-lists-snoras-shareholders-as-wanted.html

Lithuanian prosecutors issued an arrest warrant for Vladimir Antonov and Raimondas Baranauskas who are former shareholders of Bankas Snoras AB. (SRS1L)

Both former shareholders are suspected of embezzlement and document forgery, the Prosecutor General said in a statement on its website today. Baranauskas is also suspected of accounting fraud and abuse of authority, it said.

The Baltic nation’s government took over Snoras on Nov. 16 after the central bank discovered at least 300 million euros ($402 million) in assets were missing.

Antonov’s spokeswoman Natalja Olesik couldn’t be reached on her mobile phone by Bloomberg for a response to the allegations.

The illegal deal, which triggered the current Krajbanka situation took place back in mid-August, 2011. Neither the Financial and Capital Market Commission (FCMC), nor Krajbanka board members could have noticed that, Janis Brazovskis, deputy chairman at the Financial and Capital Market Commission, told LNT broadcast 900 sekundes.

According to him, there is only one copy of the deal and it has not been registered in Krajbanka accounting records. “Mr Prieditis did not inform anyone about the existence of such a document,” Brazovskis says.

“Mr Prieditis told me that it was meant as a temporary solution, practically, for a couple of days, in order to ensure funds for other Antonov’s projects. Krajbanka President hoped that it would be possible to recover the money,” he adds.

Brazovskis explains that Antonov needed money, because the FCMC had asked to increase the bank’s capital. Another reason could be the take-over of the car concern SAAB.

As to the chronological sequence, on November 17, the FCMC imposed limitations that only LVL 100 000 could be withdrawn from a single account.

“If the sum had be smaller, it would have meant recognition of unavailability of deposits and we would have had to launch the guaranteed deposits fund immediately. The idea was to shake off the fuss around the situation,” he says.

According to him, on November 18, the FCMC asked Krajbanka to accumulate its free assets on another account, which was not done and, therefore, it was concluded that the bank simply did not have the money.

Brazovskis explains that the funds that have been transferred to another bank are owned by Krajbnaka, but it has established a financial pledge. “This should not have been done. Krajbanka does not have any documents proving the pledge, therefore, it has asked other banks to send the documents. One bank has already responded – the term of the pledge comes into force in mid-December, while the deal was signed on August 11.

Starting from today 9.00, physical persons will have four days to withdraw 50 lats.

BNN already reported, payment of guaranteed deposits to Latvijas Krajbanka clients might need about LVL 350 million, Irena Krumane, head of the Financial and Capital Market Commission, told Latvian Television.

The guaranteed sum of deposits totals 100 000 euro (LVL 70 000) per person. Krumane fears the guarantees will be paid out, because Krajbanka is in a really bad situation and she has nearly lost any hope it could restart operating.

However, she adds that we still need to look forward to the decision of the Lithuanian government to see what it intends to do with Krajbanka parent bank – Snoras.

Funds will be drawn from the Deposit Guarantee Fund, which is made up by payments by banks. At the moment, LVL 149 million are available in the fund, while the rest of the necessary money will be borrowed from the State Treasury, not taken from the state and tax payers. When Krajbanka assets are sold, the loan will be repaid. Tax payers money will not be used to bail out the bank, she says

http://bnn-news.com/illegal-krajbanka-deal-place-mid-august-41867

If this thread was offered to a publisher as a work of fiction it would be rejected for being too far fetched!

Keep the laughs coming skates.

That all depends on where the money ends up after it's European Tour.

Vlad gets nicked but the cash washes up past the Gosport Ferry. We know they won't mind where it came from as long as it smells fishy

Just had another reply from David Conn, as follows

Actually I am a bit behind on some of this, can you summarise or point me to articles regarding the concerns over the CVA and the administration?

I will try to do something on this

There are many of you much more able to do this for him than am I. Any offers of help? If so, PM me and I'll send you my email address.

Or if any of you want to contact David directly, his email address is david.conn@guardian.co.uk

Forgive me for bumping this - I didn't want it to get buried at the foot of the previous page:

Actually I am a bit behind on some of this, can you summarise or point me to articles regarding the concerns over the CVA and the administration?

There are many of you much more able to do this for him than am I. Any offers of help? If so, PM me and I'll send you my email address.

Or if any of you want to contact David directly, his email address is

Or if any of you want to contact David directly, his email address is david.conn@guardian.co.uk

Just point him at this thread!

Forgive me for bumping this - I didn't want it to get buried at the foot of the previous page:

Or if any of you want to contact David directly, his email address is

I think the main things to point him at is rumafia site and their description of what was being arranged and how the facts now coming out tie in exactly with that account.

I think the main things to point him at is rumafia site and their description of what was being arranged and how the facts now coming out tie in exactly with that account.

Yes, I've given him a lot of links but, from his reply to me, it seems that he's looking for information on the actual administration process and the CVA. I don't have either the memory or the time to recall all that information but I'm sure that one of you is far more on the ball than me and could summarise what happened all those months ago (CVA rigged to exclude HMRC etc).

Just in on twitter

Pompey to be sold to a consortium made up of Polly Peck, lehman Bros, Barings, News Corps, Enron, Northern Rock and the Conservative Party

OK things to watch out for now.

Airbrushing of Vlad?

Now it will be all about Roman.

CSI will release more info on their structure proving that Vlad has nothing to do with them - was only a lowly manager at wfb.

Roman is of course the power and the money man, he has his good friend Roman Ab

May be worth storing some cahced pages of web sites to check against sudden changes of Director or Shareholder to employee.

CSI never involved with Bank Snoras

As for BTF's David Conn comments.

The points to dig up will be the comments about acquiring the club debt Free but some of the guys got some really good details on the CVA they must remember where they got those from.

Also The discrepancy between the financial statement made at Court by Storieteller to disprove insolvency and the final CVA numbers

The link between the consultant for FAPP & Vlad

And BTF - oops - your name will now go on the list. Look out for men in dark suits wearing sunglasses with no necks.....

May I take this opportunity to congratulate all contributors on this thread for their fine, fine work... the authorities cant do it without us. A big shout out must also go to the chaps at rumafia.com, well done guys!

Its not just about pompey, its about what is right and wrong, standing up for honesty and integrity and championing good governence, morals and ethical code... pompey have been operating without a whimper of those values, and it is our duty to protect them before they get corrupted by people such as their last 7x odd owners...

they may not want the Wessex League and Moneyfields just yet, but it will be for the best eventually... they will look back on what has happened with utter shame but also there will be light at the end of the tunnel as they eventually find sustainability and a level playing field.

it may seem cruel to the skates now, but this thread is hugely necessary for safeguarding their existence, albeit at a much more realistic level.

possibly the 'Tune Group' which is headed by Tony Fernandes, owner of QPR... the Malaysians think he is dodgy and stole their airline from them, could he be wrapped up in the skate criminal saga?

pompey could well be the tip of the ice berg... ive been talking to an associate (whom I see socially every two weeks or so) who has been doing some business with CFC... in his words "in the offices, everyone is russian... it is clear to any body with a bit of intelligence to see what they are up to... thats what all these clubs are doing now, money laundering..."

Pompey are up to their necks in money laundering and tax evasion, and the whole world knows all about that, but who is next?

On a side note, perhaps that teenager from oop north with the bankrupt father might want to take another look at poopey... unless the Lithuanian & Latvian government consortium want to seize all the scrap metal!

PMSL

Oh and here's another one to watch out for.

Statement from the FL on Vlad.... Words to the effect

We have no comment on the matter. We can however confirm that Messrs XYand Z have never been the subject of any FAPP test.

We can confirm that in the case of poopey no human being was tested for FAPP. We only tested a Company, CSI. It is not up to us to investigate any individuals who are not owning actual shares

Why are any of you celebrating / laughing? they haven't really been punished yet and continue to operate in mid-table in the championship and are still "getting away with it"

our time for celebrating will come when they have been through what Luton have.

possibly the 'Tune Group' which is headed by Tony Fernandes, owner of QPR... the Malaysians think he is dodgy and stole their airline from them, could he be wrapped up in the skate criminal saga?

Dont mix Lotus Renault with Team Lotus. The latter are Tony's lot, the former is the old Benetton team.

Although Mr Fernandes does own Tune and QPR. And Tune sponsor the Prem refs I believe, which I always found interesting...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/industries/lithuania-issues-arrest-warrant-for-russian-banker-as-troubled-bank-probe-intensifies/2011/11/23/gIQAfdc8nN_story.html

LOL!!!

Janis Brazovskis, an official with Latvia’s Finance and Capital Markets Commission who was appointed to oversee Latvijas Krajbanka, said Wednesday that the attempt to take over Saab might have triggered the downfall of the two Baltic banks.

He told LNT television that the approximate 100 million lats ($200 million) siphoned from the bank were used to increase its charter capital and finance Antonov’s investment projects — including the failed attempt to buy out Saab.

That would include the blue few then....

I'm guessingh the proof of funds that was provided for the FAPP test was using embezzled cash then.... OOPS!

Just got this:

Thanks ********, I will hope to write about this, so keep in touch

best wishes

David

Maybe, just maybe this will eventually receive some serious press attention. Although I still reckon journalists are on a news blackout until a) the tax evasion case comes to court and b) Antonov is ACTUALLY extradited.

Edit

Oh and he REALLY likes the rumafia link :)

Edited by bridge too far

Another e-mail off to the Football League.

Andrew,

Is this now deemed to be something that is worth looking into?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/industries/lithuania-issues-arrest-warrant-for-russian-banker-as-troubled-bank-probe-intensifies/2011/11/23/gIQAfdc8nN_story.html

Key bit in the story, 'He told LNT television that the approximate 100 million lats ($200 million) siphoned from the bank were used to increase its charter capital and finance Antonov’s investment projects — including the failed attempt to buy out Saab.'

Could it be that the proof of funds shown to your legal department came from the same source?

Also on the BBC as well so there is no hiding.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-15859800

Kind regards

Last week CSI released a statement saying: "In the light of the recent events at Snoras Bank, Convers Sports Initiatives (CSI) would like to reassure its companies, staff, and the fans of its teams and events, that it remains very much business as usual.

'Very much business as usual' is that what they should be doing!!!

Last week CSI released a statement saying: "In the light of the recent events at Snoras Bank, Convers Sports Initiatives (CSI) would like to reassure its companies, staff, and the fans of its teams and events, that it remains very much business as usual.

'Very much business as usual' is that what they should be doing!!!

Business as usual = shifting currency that you don't own or has been illicitly purloined around between various insolvent organisations, car companies and the odd shyte and run down football club....allegedly:lol:

And right on cue;

http://www.converssport.com/about-us

Complete mystery, they were all there earlier in the week.... I was reading it :) :)

Antonov not included in their 'structure' either. Fecking tinpot outfit, wonder why they bought the skates.....

http://www.converssport.com/structure

Damn you Gemmel, I'll make you pay for this.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})