Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I shouldn't laugh, but it's so difficult not to. From Pompey's message boards:

Just been shown a statement from Lithuania that says they will potentially cease assets abroad. I'm more concerned now. Money alleged to be transferred offshore in last few weeks and Antonov out of country. No comment coming forward. If this wasnt us, let's be honest we'd be sure of guilt!!

The majority of the others are convincing themselves it's nothing to worry about, and won't affect Pompey too much if at all. Bless.

...meanwhile according to BBC south today the DCFSBs were unavailable for comment and where is the corp whore today? ...probably racking his brains trying to put into words how the hell he is gonna explain this away on this forum! lol ( lots and lots ! ) I would dearly loved to have seen the expression of his face when he first heard the news on this latest fiasco that is Skates FC

No no and THRICE no.

Haven't you worked it all out yet?

The Head of the FA's FAPP committee is a massive Saints fan and of course he will be a regular poster on here.

hell in fact he must have rejected at least 500 potential buyers of poopey so that we can keep this thread going and going and going

After all, anything else would be much too far fetched.

OK, OK. But seriously, can you tell me if you know of ANYONE who has ever failed the test?

Ho will have known a couple of days back when he met up socially for his fortnightly update, so no surprise there.

Lampitt running from the building shouting we're fecked wouldn't really help the situation from a PR point of view.

And earlier in the week I believe I was some sort of bedwetting loser for even making jokes at their expense as all their troubles were behind them.

Perhaps Sour Ho will be back to tell us it's officially open season on them again....:)

I do so welcome his approval.

TonyHusband tweeted

#pompey CSI Issue statement on Bank Snoras administration. 'business as usual' and 'operationally unaffected'

Of course, they had no money 2 days ago - they still have no money...so 'business as usual' and 'operationally unaffected'.

However, if criminal charges materialise and asset seizures start to take place....things could get very interesting.

http://www.ir.lv/upload/simple_file/2011_01/76/krollreport_antonov.pdf

This is for the real geeks amoungst us.

I have to say, if I had paid tens of thousands of pounds, I would like a better reference than that!!

When your client pays you to say nice things..... but you simply can't, it says alot.

The irony of course, is that that the chairman of Kroll at the time, is now the administrator of bank snoras

I have to say, if I had paid tens of thousands of pounds, I would like a better reference than that!!

When your client pays you to say nice things..... but you simply can't, it says alot.

The irony of course, is that that the chairman of Kroll at the time, is now the administrator of bank snoras

Quite an interesting read - much in the same way as a fiction crime novel.

For those that can't be bothered to read it through....here's a summary....

1. Vladimir Antonov explains that a whole bunch of dodgy stuff didn't go down the way people think and actually had nothing to do with him.

2. Author states he has been unable to confirm Mr Antonov's version of events.

3. Go back to 1

Reminds me of an old saying about sling enough mud and eventually some will stick. Seems Vlad has had more than his fair share of mud slung in his direction.

Of course, they had no money 2 days ago - they still have no money...so 'business as usual' and 'operationally unaffected'.

However, if criminal charges materialise and asset seizures start to take place....things could get very interesting.

What Pompey-related assets though?

- Ground owned by Chinny

- Land owned by Gady

- Training ground...nope

- Player registrations....Worth maybe £8-10m, worthless when their contracts run down though

- CVA....thats not an asset, its a massive f*ckin' liability.

- The brand....worth about 20p

- The image....ah yes, the penis 3rd shirt and the woman with open legs on all shirts.

What did Vlad the Impaler actually buy?

- Ground owned by Chinny

- Land owned by Gady

- Training ground...nope

- Player registrations....Worth maybe £8-10m, worthless when their contracts run down though

- The image....ah yes, the penis 3rd shirt and the woman with open legs on all shirts.

You owe me a new laptop, this one has been destroyed by tea...........barsteward! :lol:

- Ground owned by Chinny

- Land owned by Gady

- Training ground...nope

Plus if we run with the previously discussed scenario where they have bought the club on HP from Chinny and have only paid a small percentage of the price so far...

I guess that the registrations would belong to CSI but there would be a balancing debt to Chinny?

Plus if we run with the previously discussed scenario where they have bought the club on HP from Chinny and have only paid a small percentage of the price so far...

I guess that the registrations would belong to CSI but there would be a balancing debt to Chinny?

How many will be free agents at the end of the season so will go for nothing or are currently in their penultimate year of their contract so will have to be sold (has anyone resigned recently - it seems like one contract term is enough and out)?

LOL. Never boring being a Pompey fan.

Anyway, if the accusations are true and Antonov has been laundering cash through his bank, does anyone still think they bought Pompey for the same purpose?

of course not, otherwise that would be libellous!!! ;)

Taking a step back and a dispassionate view of things, why would PFC be bought ahead of a myriad of other clubs? Sure any nefarious goings on could be done at other clubs, but i would have thought that the waters are already so murky at PFC, that it might be more attractive for those reasons. As a business, PFC is a basket case. I would rather buy Plymouth cos at least they have a nice ground, albeit their league position isn't, ummm, that good!

A full and thorough read on the journey to work, blimey this guys a bit of a snake eh!

The Antonovs have clearly been very busy mopping up the fall out of the soviet union. All these "grubby little banks" used to move money around, buying toxic banks to get a license through the back door to buy into EU banking, then moving into the highly legitimate world of the lithuanian and latvian markets!

If this was the best profile PR cash can buy, no wonder Saab took one look at this document and hailed 'NO WAY'!

So it looks like he washes his cash through his Panama and Dominican offshore operations (which may or may not be the same), and I guess this is where he has moved Snoras' cash over the last week... perhaps this is how he got in touch with Chinny boy, as he likes to wash his loan sharking through virgin island havens...

interesting that Vlad has told Kroll that "It is also worth noting that these banks are involved in onshore retail banking, rather than typically offshore banking", however a cursory glance at http://www.bancotrasatlantico.dm/ makes it patently clear it is a small operation concerned with nothing other than offshore banking, "a private bank registered and licensed in 1997 according to the offshore Banking act 1996" and it works with people who "are seeking financial liberty"... its a f*cking washing machine and that site is amature... even the sites title is "Offshore Private Banking"... PMSL

It is also good to have confirmation from Antonov that there was indeed an assasination attempt on his father and it is linked to Russian and Chechen mobs known for "notoriously corrupt business dealings"... very interesting that Vlad is in "hiding" from organised crime syndicates in Latvia

from reading this article, that Vlad amazingly commissioned to clear his name, all I can see is clear links to organised crime and money laundering!

Time for another go on the rollercoaster gents... we need to do everything we can to get this into the public domain, it would be great if Brian Swanson of SSN could re-open his investigations into the skates as he was quite on top of things during the winding up orders, and he also reported that SOCA, the serious organised crime agency (UK agency) could "neither confirm nor deny they are investigating the operations of PFC" - which in Policing circles is pretty conclusive that they are investigating...

It makes you wonder how bent the PL, FA, FL really are if they couldnt spot any of this, bearing in mind Antonov and Snoras where refused licenses from the FSA in 2006 and for years the "FSA was forced to publicly defend its decision"... how did they let this guy in? Us lot on here had him rumbled within a day or twos worth of googling, it makes you wonder what is going on and it makes me seriously question the 'FAs HEAD OF INTEGRITY"s moral and ethical compass.

Still the whole world could be wrong and Antonovs version of event - that he is a victim of a "black PR campaign" time and time again - could be right? PMSL

I didnt think they could go much lower than child maiming gun runners, but this is really heating up... PMSL

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-11-18/lithuania-seeks-missing-assets-in-takeover-of-snoras-bank.html

The Prosecutor General’s office started an investigation into Snoras’s operations and froze Lithuanian and foreign assets of some people involved, Darius Raulusaitis, deputy prosecutor general, said in a press conference today. Prosecutors “hope” Snoras’ shareholders and management will show up for questioning, he said. No indictments have yet been made, he added.

I am sure as an upstanding businessman Antonov is probably flying to Lithuania as we speak to clear his name. :rolleyes:

Edited by pedg
missing link... no not me.

Taking a step back and a dispassionate view of things, why would PFC be bought ahead of a myriad of other clubs? Sure any nefarious goings on could be done at other clubs, but i would have thought that the waters are already so murky at PFC, that it might be more attractive for those reasons.

I've asked the question time and time again but if they wanted a club to do anything "dodgy" through why not but ANY other club than Pompey? Our finances are now so strictly monitored by the FL that it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to buy us for that purpose. You'd be better off buying any other club. For example, if you wanted to launder money and owned banks why bother buying a football club? Why not do it through the banks?

I read a post earlier calculating how much of Antonov's personal welath has been lost from Snoras' assets. For such amazingly investigative minds you do seem to miss obvious points such as the fact it's not the only buisness he owns (not even the only bank he owns come to that). Now, before everyone claims I've said he has millions elsewhere because I think he's going to pour it into Pompey let's make it clear I haven't and have never thought they were going to do that. It's just funny that you big yourselves up so much and miss such obvious points.

As for the Rumafia.com article and the Kroll report, these were on POL months before you genius' posted them on here.

And just to point out another (yet another) mistake in a Holepuncture post, SAAB didn't block Antonov from taking over, they were desperate for him to invest. The EIB blocked him taking over. At least get your basic facts right you cock

Anyway, if the accusations are true and Antonov has been laundering cash through his bank, does anyone still think they bought Pompey for the same purpose?

Haven't the foggiest, to be honest.

I'm still struggling to see why they bought the club in the first place. As has been pointed out previously, CSI does have a relatively successful (or at least stable) sporting portfolio, so why buy a club with net liabilities of around £10m (£17m CVA less £7m for the player registrations)?

Clearly so many dodgy characters being associated with the club has tarnished it almost beyond repair, hence why the only people ever linked to the club are equally or more dodgy than the last lot, so on that basis it's not entirely unfair for people to assume that their motives are somewhat dubious. Whether it proves that way or not, only time will tell, and to be fair they seem to be running things infinitely more sensibly this season than in the last 5 years or so.

I've asked the question time and time again but if they wanted a club to do anything "dodgy" through why not but ANY other club than Pompey? Our finances are now so strictly monitored by the FL that it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to buy us for that purpose. You'd be better off buying any other club. For example, if you wanted to launder money and owned banks why bother buying a football club? Why not do it through the banks?

Ah yes the FA who have come out as whiter than white in this with their incisive interventions and crack investigative teams. Though the FA monitor transactions relating to the club into how much depth do they go to check were money is coming from and going to? Given they appear to let opaque virgin island companies own clubs I doubt your average dodgy russian would be quaking in their boots over the prospect of being found out by the FA, especially as they have someone who knows exactly how the FA work in charge.

I read a post earlier calculating how much of Antonov's personal welath has been lost from Snoras' assets. For such amazingly investigative minds you do seem to miss obvious points such as the fact it's not the only buisness he owns (not even the only bank he owns come to that). Now, before everyone claims I've said he has millions elsewhere because I think he's going to pour it into Pompey let's make it clear I haven't and have never thought they were going to do that. It's just funny that you big yourselves up so much and miss such obvious points.

Compare how much it was said he was worth with the value (as was) in his snoras shares and I think we can agree that he has lost a very significant chunk there. Its quite plausible that the authorities may attempt to get at his other assets to cover any missing money if fraud is determined so they are not exactly safe.

As for the Rumafia.com article and the Kroll report, these were on POL months before you genius' posted them on here.

And just to point out another (yet another) mistake in a Holepuncture post, SAAB didn't block Antonov from taking over, they were desperate for him to invest. The EIB blocked him taking over. At least get your basic facts right you cock

head_in_sand_general_desktop_1508x1190_wallpaper-74916.jpg

Okay you've drawn me in again - just don't call me nasty names if you disagree, it's so immature. It was never about money laundering, it was about raising their profile & buying some respectability. But they had very little money to spend and a seriously dodgy history, limiting their list of potential acquisitions to clubs that were both potless and owned by someone who didn't give a sh1t what became of them. That limited the number of clubs available to, er, I'd say, about one. And thus far their modest outlay has probably paid off.

Haven't the foggiest, to be honest.

I'm still struggling to see why they bought the club in the first place. As has been pointed out previously, CSI does have a relatively successful (or at least stable) sporting portfolio, so why buy a club with net liabilities of around £10m (£17m CVA less £7m for the player registrations)?

Clearly so many dodgy characters being associated with the club has tarnished it almost beyond repair, hence why the only people ever linked to the club are equally or more dodgy than the last lot, so on that basis it's not entirely unfair for people to assume that their motives are somewhat dubious. Whether it proves that way or not, only time will tell, and to be fair they seem to be running things infinitely more sensibly this season than in the last 5 years or so.

Like I've always said Steve, I think they just wanted a club to go with their portfolio and we were available at the kind of price they wanted to pay (ie not too much). But the whole thing about they only wanted us for money laundering makes no sense, especially as other keep pointing out, they also tried for Bournemouth and were linked with Rangers. But on your point about net liabilities, there are plenty of clubs with more liabilities than that. The debt we have is the CVA so the figure is known and whether you believe Lampitt or not at least a large chunk of it will be paid by the parachute money. Let's face, buying a football club is never (or rarely) about turning a profit. I think it was more of a branding/ marketing exercise and as a club who's recently been in the PL and two cup finals we have a fairly high profile

oooh get you.

I don't know why but that made me laugh out loud.

Ah yes the FA who have come out as whiter than white in this with their incisive interventions and crack investigative teams. Though the FA monitor transactions relating to the club into how much depth do they go to check were money is coming from and going to? Given they appear to let opaque virgin island companies own clubs I doubt your average dodgy russian would be quaking in their boots over the prospect of being found out by the FA, especially as they have someone who knows exactly how the FA work in charge.

Compare how much it was said he was worth with the value (as was) in his snoras shares and I think we can agree that he has lost a very significant chunk there. Its quite plausible that the authorities may attempt to get at his other assets to cover any missing money if fraud is determined so they are not exactly safe.

The FL have to approve any deal and any monies paid for transfers etc have to go through them. How would that benefit someone who wanted to run something criminal? As for the money from Snoras, whatever Antonov's lost, he wasn't ploughing money into PFC anyway so I don't see how it would impact us greatly. I suppose the Lithuanian government might try and seize us as one of his assets but the best they could hope for would be to sell us on, even if legally they could seize a UK company. I don't see what good liquidating us would do.

http://www.conversgroup.com/

How very odd... Was working fine last week :) :) :) :)

The CSI website (the company that owns PFC) still is working fine.

http://www.converssport.com/

HTH

I'd think the fact that they were turned down by both Rangers and Bournemouth meant that whilst there "appears" to be a massive list of clubs waiting to be purchased, the only one that both fit (I.e they could afford) and would actually go for it left them with but one option. Portsmouth.There was no other choice for them.

Isn't that what I said? They bought us because we were available? And if they wanted those other two clubs (and two more besides them if Dubya is to be believed) the where does that leave the people on here who say they only bought us because we're "dodgy" and they wanted to launder money through PFC?

I'll tell you. It leaves them with a massive hole in their argument

Like I've always said Steve, I think they just wanted a club to go with their portfolio and we were available at the kind of price they wanted to pay (ie not too much). But the whole thing about they only wanted us for money laundering makes no sense, especially as other keep pointing out, they also tried for Bournemouth and were linked with Rangers. But on your point about net liabilities, there are plenty of clubs with more liabilities than that. The debt we have is the CVA so the figure is known and whether you believe Lampitt or not at least a large chunk of it will be paid by the parachute money. Let's face, buying a football club is never (or rarely) about turning a profit. I think it was more of a branding/ marketing exercise and as a club who's recently been in the PL and two cup finals we have a fairly high profile

Perhaps, but surely there's got to be something slightly amiss when the only people ever linked to ownership of the club are those who have been linked to money laundering and other criminal activity.

As the saying goes: fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Isn't that what I said? They bought us because we were available? And if they wanted those other two clubs (and two more besides them if Dubya is to be believed) the where does that leave the people on here who say they only bought us because we're "dodgy" and they wanted to launder money through PFC?

I'll tell you. It leaves them with a massive hole in their argument

Do you delibrately miss the point?? What people are saying is:

- Bournemouth, Rangers and Portsmouth were all available.

- Bournemouth and Rangers turned them down because???

- Portsmouth were the only club that who were avaiable AND wanted to do business with them

They didn't just buy you because you were available, they bought you because you were their ONLY option... no one else wanted to do business with them!

Edited by shirleysfc

From the BBC:

And leading football finance expert Guy Thomas says the news could have a negative effect at Fratton Park until the situation is resolved.

"On the face of it, this is not directly bad news for Pompey or even its immediate owner CSI," Thomas of SA Law LLP, told BBC Sport.

"But whilst any uncertainty hangs over the future of this Lithuanian Bank - and by implication Antonov - then it will hardly be an atmosphere in which Antonov will be keen to either focus on the club or push through any plans - via CSI - to improve the club's future outlook."

Perhaps, but surely there's got to be something slightly amiss when the only people ever linked to ownership of the club are those who have been linked to money laundering and other criminal activity.

As the saying goes: fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

That saying is more like this in Pompey...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMKkQx_dTC4

The FL have to approve any deal and any monies paid for transfers etc have to go through them. How would that benefit someone who wanted to run something criminal? As for the money from Snoras, whatever Antonov's lost, he wasn't ploughing money into PFC anyway so I don't see how it would impact us greatly. I suppose the Lithuanian government might try and seize us as one of his assets but the best they could hope for would be to sell us on, even if legally they could seize a UK company. I don't see what good liquidating us would do.

Now.......where should we start?

A full and thorough read on the journey to work, blimey this guys a bit of a snake eh!

The Antonovs have clearly been very busy mopping up the fall out of the soviet union. All these "grubby little banks" used to move money around, buying toxic banks to get a license through the back door to buy into EU banking, then moving into the highly legitimate world of the lithuanian and latvian markets!

If this was the best profile PR cash can buy, no wonder Saab took one look at this document and hailed 'NO WAY'!

So it looks like he washes his cash through his Panama and Dominican offshore operations (which may or may not be the same), and I guess this is where he has moved Snoras' cash over the last week... perhaps this is how he got in touch with Chinny boy, as he likes to wash his loan sharking through virgin island havens...

interesting that Vlad has told Kroll that "It is also worth noting that these banks are involved in onshore retail banking, rather than typically offshore banking", however a cursory glance at http://www.bancotrasatlantico.dm/ makes it patently clear it is a small operation concerned with nothing other than offshore banking, "a private bank registered and licensed in 1997 according to the offshore Banking act 1996" and it works with people who "are seeking financial liberty"... its a f*cking washing machine and that site is amature... even the sites title is "Offshore Private Banking"... PMSL

It is also good to have confirmation from Antonov that there was indeed an assasination attempt on his father and it is linked to Russian and Chechen mobs known for "notoriously corrupt business dealings"... very interesting that Vlad is in "hiding" from organised crime syndicates in Latvia

from reading this article, that Vlad amazingly commissioned to clear his name, all I can see is clear links to organised crime and money laundering!

Time for another go on the rollercoaster gents... we need to do everything we can to get this into the public domain, it would be great if Brian Swanson of SSN could re-open his investigations into the skates as he was quite on top of things during the winding up orders, and he also reported that SOCA, the serious organised crime agency (UK agency) could "neither confirm nor deny they are investigating the operations of PFC" - which in Policing circles is pretty conclusive that they are investigating...

It makes you wonder how bent the PL, FA, FL really are if they couldnt spot any of this, bearing in mind Antonov and Snoras where refused licenses from the FSA in 2006 and for years the "FSA was forced to publicly defend its decision"... how did they let this guy in? Us lot on here had him rumbled within a day or twos worth of googling, it makes you wonder what is going on and it makes me seriously question the 'FAs HEAD OF INTEGRITY"s moral and ethical compass.

Still the whole world could be wrong and Antonovs version of event - that he is a victim of a "black PR campaign" time and time again - could be right? PMSL

I didnt think they could go much lower than child maiming gun runners, but this is really heating up... PMSL

Sorry Corp, but this thread is the leading innovator in the skate demise, on our magnificent thread we have accountants, middle east IT guys, journos, speculators, academics, people in contact with journos, legalesse people... weve got the whole f*cking lot and we are the number 1 source for all things to do with the skates and theyre downfall... POL will use this thread as theyre key reference point, as does Matt Slater, as does Brian Swanson, as does... CSI, Lampitt and Jacko!

Anywho Ho, its once again a very tough time for you... your club is once again waking up to discover you have been abused by a nasty man from Russian and he didnt even consider protection... this is the problem poopey have, act like the towns bike and people will just use and abuse you... you feel violated and confused, but its ok, the Wessex league is a forgiving place and it will accept you and moneyfields with open arms

its a tough medicine to take but you have been prescribed a fatal dose and you have to take it now...

on balance you may be right about Saab, and that the European Investment Bank refused to let the Russian mafia get in on the deal... lets not split hairs eh?

This is so funny; Milan the Tax Evader, Gadymacks the child maiming gun runner, Dr Al-Fahim the ice cream man, Al-Mirage and Jacobs, Chinny the 'im starting to fall in love with pompey' loan shark, the Russian 'we want to be proper football club' mafia...

what a bunch!

You are questioning why would gangster buy pompey (for the 6th time) due to the scrutiny of the FL... well, through pompey alone the footballing authorities have been exposed as woefully out of touch and out of control, and it seems Vladdy dosent seem that fussed with being accountable to anyone, so you might as well toss that desperate argument aside:

"“These failures are not an isolated instance but are examples of an ongoing pattern of behaviour by institutions controlled by Mr Antonov,” (Financial Services Authority)

'it [FSA} suspected executives didn’t give “straight answers to straight questions” about their dealings with Russian regulators' (FSA)

Just going through the 'controversies' section of Vlad the impalers 'PR Campaign' is enough for most sound minded people to make their minds up (like Saab and EIB, hwom this document was introduced to impress):

Conflict with Andrey Kozlov

Conflict with Russian Central Bank

Conflict with FSA

Money laundering allegations

Assassination attempt on Alexander Antonov

Assassination of Moldavian businessman

Australian pensioners and Trevor Fing

P....M....S....L.... all over the plaice!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-18/snoras-bank-likely-over-reported-300-million-euros-in-assets.html

“Snoras was engaged in gross fraud and knowingly reported false financial statements,” the statement said.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/local/east-hampshire/pompey_s_owner_could_be_quizzed_over_bank_funds_1_3262910

POMPEY owner Vladimir Antonov has been asked to appear to answer questions about the collapse of the bank of which he is a major shareholder.

The Prosecutor General’s Office of Lithuania has issued a request to question Mr Antonov and shareholders of bank AB Bankas Snoras.

It comes after the Lithunia-based bank was placed into temporary administration, as reported in The News yesterday.

Ruta Dirsiene, office spokesman, confirmed the authority wants to ask questions over alleged illegal operations, money laundering, and the falsification of documents.

She said: ‘If the shareholders of Bank Snoras don’t respond to these requests, an international search warrant will be issued.’

Edited by pedg

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})