Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Info about warrants:

For those who don't know, under the rules of a EAW the person indicted either has to turn themself in or be arrested within 10 days - assuming he or she is in an EU country. He or she then has to be extradited within 90 days of issue of the warrant. This is regardless of the indicted person's nationality - he or she does not have to be an EU citizen.

An EAW cannot be issued if a case is just under investigation, the issuing authority has to have sufficient evidence to justify criminal procedings. In effect, the EAW is part of those criminal procedings. I assume from this the indicted person is not being arrested for questioning but to be charged with a criminal offence.

There are only 5 reasons for not granting extradition; a) the arrested person has already been convicted or acquitted of the same offense, b) the person's trial could be prejudiced due to race, religion or political opinions, c) too much time has passed since the offence, d) the person is below the age of criminal responsibility, e) the person has a physical or mental condition that prevents attendance at trial.

Expanding on Saint Si's 'Wayback webcache' post, Vlad's mugshot was gracing CSI's website much more recently than July of this year - here's a snapshot of the page from 17 November..

2prv0a1.jpg

Nice work Gruffalo :-)

And welcome to the the SWF...we do like new mystery posters on here.... ;-)

Edited by trousers

Russian millionaire Vladimir Antonov, the former owner of Lithuanian bank Snoras and Latvian bank Latvijas Krajbanka, could face a ten-year prison sentence if convicted in Lithuania, and a three-year prison sentence if convicted in Latvia, the newspaper Diena reports today.

111124_antonov_vlad.jpg[TABLE=class: pic]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Antonov has been declared a suspect in Latvia in connection with LVL 100 million that has gone missing from Latvian bank Latvijas Krajbanka, writes LETA.

On the other hand, Lithuanian media report that approximately LVL 200 million has gone missing from Snoras bank.

As reported, yesterday, Lithuanian Prosecutor General Darius Valys signed a European arrest warrant for Antonov and his partner at Snoras bank Raimondas Baranauskas.

Both former Snoras bank executives were named suspects in the case on large-scale misappropriation of assets and document forgery. Baranauskas is also suspected of fraudulent bookkeeping and abuse of authority.

LETA also reported, Snoras holds a 67.9% stake in now-troubled Latvian bank Krajbanka.

Last week, Snoras was nationalized as Lithuanian authorities shut down the bank after it observed irregularities in the bank's operations.

Earlier this week, Latvian State Police Chief Ints Kuzis reported that the assets discovered missing at Krajbanka totals about LVL 100 million.

Krajbanka co-owner Antonov has been classified a suspect in the case, and a decision will come soon whether he will be sought and a warrant issued by Latvian authorities.

Nice work Gruffalo :-)

And welcome to the TSW forum....we do like new mystery posters on here.... ;-)

Thanks for the welcome, trousers and others. No mystery really, just a long time lurker who decided to join in the fun..

Have to say this thread has been one of my active tabs for close to a year now - and it never fails to raise a smile.. ;)

There are only 5 reasons for not granting extradition; a) the arrested person has already been convicted or acquitted of the same offense, b) the person's trial could be prejudiced due to race, religion or political opinions, c) too much time has passed since the offence, d) the person is below the age of criminal responsibility, e) the person has a physical or mental condition that prevents attendance at trial.

Well he bought Pompey... :o

Info about warrants:

For those who don't know, under the rules of a EAW the person indicted either has to turn themself in or be arrested within 10 days - assuming he or she is in an EU country. He or she then has to be extradited within 90 days of issue of the warrant. This is regardless of the indicted person's nationality - he or she does not have to be an EU citizen.

An EAW cannot be issued if a case is just under investigation, the issuing authority has to have sufficient evidence to justify criminal procedings. In effect, the EAW is part of those criminal procedings. I assume from this the indicted person is not being arrested for questioning but to be charged with a criminal offence.

IMO, option e without a doubt; as it would be for anyone who willingly associates themself with PFC. ;)

Thanks for the welcome, trousers and others. No mystery really, just a long time lurker who decided to join in the fun..

Have to say this thread has been one of my active tabs for close to a year now - and it never fails to raise a smile.. ;)

Not a Guardian reader per chance! :rolleyes:;)

Hmmm....I just went to read a news article on Convers Sports news page....coincidently the one they published on 1st June about Convers Sports taking over a certain South Coast football club.....but they seem to have deleted it for some reason.... :suspicious:

Here's the original URL: http://www.converssport.com/news/convers-sports-initiatives-complete-takeover-portsmouth-fc?page=1

Now, if only Google had cached the aforementioned news page....

convers_takes_over_pompey.jpg

Doh....

Edited by trousers

Hmmm....I just went to read a news article on Convers Sports news page....coincidently the one they published on 1st June about Convers Sports taking over a certain South Coast football club.....but they seem to have deleted in for some reason.... :suspicious:

Here's the original URL: http://www.converssport.com/news/convers-sports-initiatives-complete-takeover-portsmouth-fc?page=1

Now, if only Google had cached the aforementioned news page....

Doh....

http://web.archive.org/web/20110722043749/http://www.converssport.com/news/convers-sports-initiatives-complete-takeover-portsmouth-fc

Conflict with FSA

In May 2006 Bankas Snoras, Vladimir Antonov and Conversbank received FSA approval to

purchase Pointon York. This fact has not been publicized in the media.

According to Vladimir Antonov in August 2006 the FSA issued a supervisory notice against the

new shareholders of Pointon York, in which they blamed them for non disclosure of material

information. “Convers Group” objected to this interpretation on the grounds that the FSA’s

position was based on a 15 June 2006 meeting between Vladimir Antonov and the FSA, which

Vladimir Antonov attended without a lawyer or a translator. Vladimir Antonov’s command of the

language in which the meeting was conducted was not sufficiently developed at the time, and

he therefore believes that a genuine misunderstanding may have arisen. He denies not having

disclosed material facts to the FSA.

So you go into a meeting with the FSA to set up a bank or whatever, and you turn up without a lawyer, accountant, translator or anyone else and without being able to speak the language properly??? Hmmm. Smells like bull's hit to me, because I can't imagine anyone is that stupid or naive.

Edited by angelman

well i think we could all see that coming from the first day he entered skateland... i wonder where he will run off to? I guess Russia is his safeland, or maybe live out his days in Panama

[video=youtube;Dy-beH62-l0]

once again we see the consequences that come from getting involved with pompey, the disease spreading across the continent corrupting everything as they go...

he really is the perfect match for poopey and the phew; corrupt, careless, deluded, criminal, fantasist, no morals, no ethics, insolvent, a thief...

angola_01.jpg

still has a lot to prove to live up to pompeys former hero - daddy the child maimer

Pompey Takeover Saga - The TV Movie

Staring...

Martin Freeman as Vladimir Antonov

tumblr_lp05syxGcq1qdi6cao1_500.png

Antonov.jpg

Omid Djalili as Sulaiman Al-Fahim

pa704058_175x175.jpg

Sulaiman-Al-Fahim-Portsmo-001.jpg

Still to cast...

Peter Storrie

Daniel Azougy

Ali Al Faraj

David Lampitt

Steve Cotterill

Milan Mandaric

Harry Redknapp

Avram Grant

Chris Akers

Tanya Robbins

Michael Appleton

Balram Chairai

Roman Dubov

Andrew Andronikou

Sasha Gaydamak

Arcadi Gaydamak

Have I missed anyone of note? Help cast the rest...

Looks like some of the skates (the decent ones) are falling on their swords. I have to say I do feel just a tad sorry for them ...

A sad decision for me.

After 55 years of supporting Pompey I have decided that if Pompey are heading for troubled waters they`re going there without me this time. The last 2/3 years have been pretty nightmarish for supporters and just when things appeared to be improving we have talk of arrest warrants for the clubs `new` owner. I`ve supported Pompey from the 4th Division to the Premiership but sadly I can`t face the prospect of again watching Sky every minute of the day for news about Pompeys plight, scouring The News, will they win the case?, will they survive?, will they be sold? It almost brought me to a standstill and I`m not going there again. Hopefully it wont reach that stage but it`s not looking very promising. So there you have it Pompey will always be my team but there has to be life away from football!

re: A sad decision for me.

Over-dramatic but not quite worthy of an Oscar.

Posted 23 Nov 2011 18:02

Understandable.

And as Queen would sing

Another one bites the dust :blue:

I reckon more than one fan is going to feel this way. Not sure that Pompey resides at FP any more, think its only to be found in the hearts of the fans these days.

The organisations that have taken over at Fratton these past few years seem more interested in fraud, theft and dragging our proud name through the gutter than rebuilding our club.

I have a lot of sympathy for the stance that BitM is taking. It is admirable that the fans stick with their team through the bad times but I am thinking that their loyalty is misplaced and certainly not reciprocated by a series of crooked owners.

In my view the club I have supported since the 1940s has gone, and in its place is something dedicated to screwing as much money as possible out of me whilst salting away any profits into private bank accounts.

Over drematic? Maybe. But somebody give me a more hopeful (and plausible) version of the scenario we find ourselves dropped in. :blue:

Posted 23 Nov 2011 18:22

Gotta be honest, I feel pretty similar. I have a ticket to the Scum game, god knows when I'll return to Fratton after that.

Overpriced tickets to watch overpaid players for a club I barely recognise.

I really do think relegation would do us wonders. We become a cheaper club to buy and might actually be taken on by someone with an interest rather than another crook. You then use cheaper players with something to prove and start winning games. The feelgood factor returns and so do the fans.

But at the moment, only an exodus will happen and it's happening quickly.

Staring...

Still to cast...

Peter Storrie

Daniel Azougy

Ali Al Faraj

David Lampitt

Steve Cotterill

Milan Mandaric

Harry Redknapp

Avram Grant

Chris Akers

Tanya Robbins

Michael Appleton

Balram Chairai

Roman Dubov

Andrew Andronikou

Sasha Gaydamak

Arcadi Gaydamak

Yup - you missed a big one. No movie is complete without a love interest. You need to include a hooker/masseuse.

Staring...

tumblr_lp05syxGcq1qdi6cao1_500.png

Antonov.jpg

pa704058_175x175.jpg

Sulaiman-Al-Fahim-Portsmo-001.jpg

Still to cast...

Peter Storrie

Daniel Azougy

Ali Al Faraj

David Lampitt

Steve Cotterill

Milan Mandaric

Harry Redknapp

Avram Grant

Chris Akers

Tanya Robbins

Michael Appleton

Balram Chairai

Roman Dubov

Andrew Andronikou

Sasha Gaydamak

Arcadi Gaydamak

Corps Ho?

Westwood?

Fred Dineage?

So you go into a meeting with the FSA to set up a bank or whatever, and you turn up without a lawyer, accountant, translator or anyone else and without being able to speak the language properly??? Hmmm. Smells like bull's hit to me, because I can't imagine anyone is that stupid or naive.

I did post this an hour or so before the real big stories broke. Arrogance. Total arrogance. It completely fits the bill of everything I have found. He is always right, makes Rupert appear humble. Probably has not even registered that he has done anything wrong at any step in his life.

That's only analysis, but I have seen an awful lot of people like him in my travels and they are all the same.

I'd like to say I feel sorry for them ..but what the heck ..why lie ?

What happens next? Does the missing Mr. A turn up at Fratton P. at midnight with a suitcase of newly-printed Euros to pay this months salaries, or... ?

..will our near neighbours once again be plunged into an uncertain future with no credible owner at the reins? .

This promises to become the longest-running football " soap" in recent years...Wait for next week's exciting episode.

Looks like some of the skates (the decent ones) are falling on their swords. I have to say I do feel just a tad sorry for them ...

A sad decision for me.

After 55 years of supporting Pompey I have decided that if Pompey are heading for troubled waters they`re going there without me this time. The last 2/3 years have been pretty nightmarish for supporters and just when things appeared to be improving we have talk of arrest warrants for the clubs `new` owner. I`ve supported Pompey from the 4th Division to the Premiership but sadly I can`t face the prospect of again watching Sky every minute of the day for news about Pompeys plight, scouring The News, will they win the case?, will they survive?, will they be sold? It almost brought me to a standstill and I`m not going there again. Hopefully it wont reach that stage but it`s not looking very promising. So there you have it Pompey will always be my team but there has to be life away from football!

Over-dramatic but not quite worthy of an Oscar.

Posted 23 Nov 2011 18:02

Understandable.

And as Queen would sing

Another one bites the dust :blue:

I reckon more than one fan is going to feel this way. Not sure that Pompey resides at FP any more, think its only to be found in the hearts of the fans these days.

The organisations that have taken over at Fratton these past few years seem more interested in fraud, theft and dragging our proud name through the gutter than rebuilding our club.

I have a lot of sympathy for the stance that BitM is taking. It is admirable that the fans stick with their team through the bad times but I am thinking that their loyalty is misplaced and certainly not reciprocated by a series of crooked owners.

In my view the club I have supported since the 1940s has gone, and in its place is something dedicated to screwing as much money as possible out of me whilst salting away any profits into private bank accounts.

Over drematic? Maybe. But somebody give me a more hopeful (and plausible) version of the scenario we find ourselves dropped in. :blue:

Posted 23 Nov 2011 18:22

Gotta be honest, I feel pretty similar. I have a ticket to the Scum game, god knows when I'll return to Fratton after that.

Overpriced tickets to watch overpaid players for a club I barely recognise.

I really do think relegation would do us wonders. We become a cheaper club to buy and might actually be taken on by someone with an interest rather than another crook. You then use cheaper players with something to prove and start winning games. The feelgood factor returns and so do the fans.

But at the moment, only an exodus will happen and it's happening quickly.

Someone on one of our boards yesterday posted that he's so sick of lurching from one disaster to another he'd take demotion to the Conference or lower just to wipe the slate clean and start afresh. Difficult to disagree with him.

Like I've said all along, the club itself will probably be ok, but if it isn't there are plenty of us who right now would almost welcome implosion followed by renewal.

F*ck it, if AFC Wimbledon can come back from the dead, anyone can....

Someone on one of our boards yesterday posted that he's so sick of lurching from one disaster to another he'd take demotion to the Conference or lower just to wipe the slate clean and start afresh. Difficult to disagree with him.

Like I've said all along, the club itself will probably be ok, but if it isn't there are plenty of us who right now would almost welcome implosion followed by renewal.

You don't have to wait for the old club to die before starting a new one - AFC Wimbledon didn't.

The support you'd get right from the start might surprise you ' and I don't think you'd get as much vitriol from this end of the M27.

You don't have to wait for the old club to die before starting a new one - AFC Wimbledon didn't.

Situation is a bit different though, AFC Wimbledon was created as the 'old' Wimbledon was moved to Milton Keynes. Pompey fans starting a new club while the current Pompey is still going...albeit probably dying a slow death would be deserting the club just because its having major difficulties (understatement) at the moment and tbh you should support your local club through thick and thin. IF the club folded then I can see a AFC Pompey or whatever being created.

Dry your eyes you feckin pussy, its just a glitch:scared: We have been toast a dozen times on-ear, Remember Pfc after the court case This site could of been mistaken for the walling wall in Jerusalem, it will all come out in the wash, just ask Nicki,

The way BBC just announced that Antonov has just been nicked in London was quite funny.

Something like:

"Police have announced they have arrested a 36 yo man on an international arrest warrant, but they won't reveal his name".

"Antonov is of course 36"

Edited by um pahars

Dry your eyes you feckin pussy, its just a glitch:scared: We have been toast a dozen times on-ear, Remember Pfc after the court case This site could of been mistaken for the walling wall in Jerusalem, it will all come out in the wash, just ask Nicki,

You are right of course Mack. Chinny will keep things going until all the parachute money has been collected.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})