Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Just catching up on here and that was the one thing that really stood out in that interview - amazed noone picked up on it last night , should come with a points deduction for unfair advantage

That was what I was thinking. My guess would be that other clubs might prefer to avoid the disruption of pompey going out of business (especially those that had got points off them) but that any help would have to come at a price. I would have thought that to avoid legal challenges at the end of the season they would have to be given a points penalty that just about guaranteed relegation. "Yes you can have your next payment early to keep you in business but it will cost you 30 points"

Apparently the ground CANNOT be sold for any other use unless an alternative stadium is constructed somewhere else, so even tho chinny owns the stadium, its worthless without a football club.

Perhaps he could buy waterlooville and then sell FP to Tesco

Surley thats true as long as there is a football club. If PFC gets liquidated by the Administrator and not by word of Chainrai then what happenes? How long before the council allow for something other than a football club to be built there? What if AFC pompey start up without Chainrai at moneyfields or something? I doubt the council will demand that the place stays as a football ground when its not used at all. If Tescos want it then im sure they would also put pressure on the council and give good reason as to why it would be a benifit to the area and so on.

Just dont think it would take much arm twisting if PFC go pop.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Every day Chainrai doesn't sell and we get closer to being wound up the closer he gets to getting nothing for the club. Liquidation sees the player registrations revert to the FL and th parachutes distributed to other clubs. The value of the land that Fratton Park is on is about £3 - £4m tops without Gaydamak's land and there's no way Gaydamak would sell to him. Does he take the risk that he'll get something from liquidators as a credtor - especially as any liquidator is likely to be chosen by HMRC or does he sell now and make sure he gets something - even if it's way less than the figure he really wants.

One bids already in, let's see what happens girls.

PS, Nice work Nuge

Didn't Chinny invest about the same amount of money that he got from daddy Gaydamak (through the courts) in the first place, so if true technically he has lost no money. Plus he has had some money back from interest payments already.

Surley thats true as long as there is a football club. If PFC gets liquidated by the Administrator and not by word of Chainrai then what happenes? How long before the council allow for something other than a football club to be built there? What if AFC pompey start up without Chainrai at moneyfields or something? I doubt the council will demand that the place stays as a football ground when its not used at all. If Tescos want it then im sure they would also put pressure on the council and give good reason as to why it would be a benifit to the area and so on.

Just dont think it would take much arm twisting if PFC go pop.

Extract from the snooze

He added that there is a clause in the Portsmouth Plan which prevents speculators buying Pompey just to sell its land.

He said: ‘Fratton Park can only be used as a football ground so it has no value to a developer who wants to come in and put houses on it. We have told every group that has tried to buy the club that they can’t develop the site unless they provide an alternative venue for a stadium.’

Didn't Chinny invest about the same amount of money that he got from daddy Gaydamak (through the courts) in the first place, so if true technically he has lost no money. Plus he has had some money back from interest payments already.

If thats the case he is more likley to let the club go for a quid just to get himself out of it all. Id guess he wants more than that out of it though.

Extract from the snooze

He added that there is a clause in the Portsmouth Plan which prevents speculators buying Pompey just to sell its land.

He said: ‘Fratton Park can only be used as a football ground so it has no value to a developer who wants to come in and put houses on it. We have told every group that has tried to buy the club that they can’t develop the site unless they provide an alternative venue for a stadium.’

Ok so the club goes pop and there is no football to be played. the council are going to stick by that and make sure there is a football stadium there or somewhere for ever more for absolutley no reason?

As long as there is PFC they are not going to budge but I dont think it would take much convincing to change their views if the club disapears. It may take a year or 2 but if Chainrai can get 3-5 million for the land once the council give in then Chanrai will turn off the electric and lock the doors for as long as it takes IMO

Just catching up on here and that was the one thing that really stood out in that interview - amazed noone picked up on it last night , should come with a points deduction for unfair advantage

I noticed on that article last week (the one that highlighted SFC/SLH accounts over the last few years) that we (SFC/SLH) received a "Football League Loan" during our own 'takeover saga' years. It was 'only' £0.1m (from memory) but maybe this is the sort of thing Lampitt was referring to? (i.e. I assume the FL operates an 'emergency loan' scheme for clubs in trouble?)

Ok so the club goes pop and there is no football to be played. the council are going to stick by that and make sure there is a football stadium there or somewhere for ever more for absolutley no reason?

As long as there is PFC they are not going to budge but I dont think it would take much convincing to change their views if the club disapears. It may take a year or 2 but if Chainrai can get 3-5 million for the land once the council give in then Chanrai will turn off the electric and lock the doors for as long as it takes IMO

Or Tescos could undertake to build a nice little 12000 seater stadium at Moneyfields

Maybe. But it only states an alternative venue for a stadium, Fareham, Leigh Park, Havant, Brighton

According to an email from Gerald Vernon-Jackson (maybe 2 years ago), there are no lawfully enforceable covenants which would impose [must be used for leisure / sporting] restrictions on the land currently occupied by Fratton Park.

GVJ did suggest that the council would likely support the re-housing of PFC before allowing the development of the FP land, but this is not the same as the widely held belief that the land can only be used for sporting purposes.

Or Tescos could undertake to build a nice little 12000 seater stadium at Moneyfields

Maybe. But it only states an alternative venue for a stadium, Fareham, Leigh Park, Havant, Brighton

good points, I suppose it doesnt state how big a stadium needs to be and I doubt they would need to go as big as 12k at Moneyfields or somewhere.

With regard to the Redknapp court case, I may have missed it, but where does Peter Storrie fit into all this? Wasn't he charged at the same time as other two ?

He was on the original 'public domain' paperwork but not directly connected to the specific Manderic/Redknapp payments that this court case is focusing on (IIRC)

James Pearce @Pearcesport

Sorry for delay. Judge has asked journalists to go outside court room when they tweet. I've now done that and here's what's happened so far

Prosecution tell jury that Redknapp didn't tell accountant about his Monaco account for four and half years.

Jury told that Redknapp didn't tell his bank relations manager about Monaco account for five years and eight months

Prosecution say initial civil tax investigation into Redknapp after his £300,000 bonus on Rio Ferdinand transfer found he DID pay tax on it

Edited by trousers

With regard to the Redknapp court case, I may have missed it, but where does Peter Storrie fit into all this? Wasn't he charged at the same time as other two ?

Well, at a guess from a very long distance away...

The opening statement from the Pros (sic) contained an enormous amount of detail about dates and contracts and internal processes and, let's face it, obscure Account Names going back a long time.

We coud assume either they had some incredibly efficient Plods on the case

Or

Maybe

singing-like-a-canary.jpg

?

Thats not a bad shout actually, however I doubt a pheonix skate FC could service a 12k stadium and they would ultimately risk struggling to keep up with costs and end up in the same situation they are in now.

FC United of Manchester ground shared with Bury and had (very impressive) attendences of up to 6k, so I cant imagine the skates achieving such support in the Wessex... FC United are now building their own 5k capacity stadium, so again 12k seems a little optimistic - they are struggling to muster 12k home fans in the NPC after being the second highest net spenders in the division in pre-season, second only to Leicester FC.

Maybe a refurbishment of Moneyfields with subsidies from Tescos get the ball rolling, they could even sponsor them should they wish to put their brand on the stained entity that is poopey.

I envisage TCWTB leading his mob and replicating that current Mars Bar advert where a little community rebuilds their club house - PMSL at the thought but it would be a decent fresh start for a post Chinny era.

Really struggled to keep up with all the latest twists and turns for PFC and Saggy, all of this is absolutely brilliant - Im loving every minute of it. PUP

Jury told that Redknapp only revealed Monaco account when Premier League's Quest inquiry asked him "Do you have offshore bank account?"

Redknapp told Quest inquiry that he had accountant who invested the money in his Monaco account for him

Redknapp allegedly said that his accountant had told him that Monaco account had done "not very well" and half investment had been lost

Quest later received letter from Milan Mandaric saying that HE had opened Monaco account for Redknapp and had invested money there for him

Jury told that Redknapp only revealed Monaco account when Premier League's Quest inquiry asked him "Do you have offshore bank account?"

Redknapp told Quest inquiry that he had accountant who invested the money in his Monaco account for him

Redknapp allegedly said that his accountant had told him that Monaco account had done "not very well" and half investment had been lost

Quest later received letter from Milan Mandaric saying that HE had opened Monaco account for Redknapp and had invested money there for him

We need Jimmy Tarbuck for this - it's like Winner takes All - 'a difference of opinion'

they're so screwed. :lol:

I can't see that Pompey would ever be able to play at Moneyfields. Even if they were to restart in non-league, AFC Pompey would attract a couple of thousand fans and the Moneyfields site is too constrained to ever cope with that amount of people. They'd have to play at H&W or maybe Fareham.

I can't see that Pompey would ever be able to play at Moneyfields. Even if they were to restart in non-league, AFC Pompey would attract a couple of thousand fans and the Moneyfields site is too constrained to ever cope with that amount of people. They'd have to play at H&W or maybe Fareham.

No let them play up at Farlington and make them put coats down as goal posts.

Edited by Toomer

Yes, surely a ground share with Havant is the most likely?

As to thiose bringig up the old "can't sell Fratton for houses" line, I've never seen a convenant on land yet that a big developer hasn't found a way round. If Tescos or a house-builder think the Fratton site is worth it, they'll just make an "amenity payment 2 or something similar to the council, nominally to be used to replace the 'loss' to the community. ;)

From Oliver Holt of the Mirror...

Apparently, tweeting has now been banned at the Redknapp trial. Will have to wait for the lunchtime recess.

There you go....didn't think Arry's friends would let it carry on.... :suspicious:

Not quite banned. Just not inside the court room. Strange decission as a bit of tapping on phones (presumebly on complete silent mode) is surley less distracting than reporters leaving the room every time they feel there is enough to go and tweet? Scribbling down the info must make as much noise as tapping into a phone?

Man's best friend??

That pesky pooch has some questions to answer!

Opening offshore bank accounts behind Harry's back, signing mediocre overpaid players in bulk purely to raise personal cash that she blew on liver and rabbit in a tin?

And the scabby thing is strutting as bold as brass along the beach in Sandbanks while Harry has to pick up the sh!t?

And why did Storrie let Rosie do all that?

Even Pete must have realised that a dog doesn't understand the intricacies of cashflow and contracts, no wonder they overspent.

With Rosie and Storrie there was one poodle too many sat on Harry's lap asking for their tummy to be tickled.

Paw old Harry, he can't be the first bloke whose ended up in court because he has a greedy ***** in his life.

Now he's been collared he's facing ruff justice, I presume the taxman followed leads....

ruff, ruff.

:)

I'm not here all week, it just seems like it sometimes!

Prosecution have been reading to jury excerpts from two taped interviews by News of World. First with Mandaric, then Redknapp

Mandaric told the reporter that Monaco account was "nothing to do with bonuses". "Not money from football".

Mandaric to reporter "I did something for my friend, just to help him"

Then reporter spoke to Redknapp. Redknapp said Monaco payment WAS a bonus. He said was bonus for selling a player

Redknapp told reporter that Mandaric didn't have UK account, so had to pay from a US account and open the account for Redknapp in Monaco

Redknapp "I said I didn't want Monaco, I just want UK". But Redknapp said he then realised wouldn't get money unless he went along with it

Redknapp told reporter he was due 10% on Crouch transfer profit.......

Redknapp "I was due 10%. They paid me 5%. I said to Mandaric you owe me 10% not 5%. Mandaric said don't worry, I'll sort it"

Redknapp to reporter "The money was paid to me as a bonus for selling Peter Crouch"

Edited by trousers

Apparently the ground CANNOT be sold for any other use unless an alternative stadium is constructed somewhere else, so even tho chinny owns the stadium, its worthless without a football club.

Perhaps he could buy waterlooville and then sell FP to Tesco

I would imagine that the presumption would be that there still is a football club...an easy legal challenge if there isn't.

Prosecution have been reading to jury excerpts from two taped interviews by News of World. First with Mandaric, then Redknapp

Mandaric told the reporter that Monaco account was "nothing to do with bonuses". "Not money from football".

Mandaric to reporter "I did something for my friend, just to help him"

Then reporter spoke to Redknapp. Redknapp said Monaco payment WAS a bonus. He said was bonus for selling a player

Oh yes it was

Oh no it wasn't

And I thought Panto season was over for the year

Lol

Reporter tells Redknapp that Mandaric has said it wasn't a bonus. Redknapp: "Then why did he give it to me? If he says was investment then he's wrong"

Reporter tells Redknapp it looks like a bung. Redknapp replies "Don't say bung. How can it be a bung when paid by the chairman?"

Redknapp tells reporter that Mandaric "doesn't know what he's f****ing talking about. It's a bonus"

Edited by trousers

Redknapp told reporter that Mandaric didn't have UK account, so had to pay from a US account and open the account for Redknapp in Monaco

Redknapp "I said I didn't want Monaco, I just want UK". But Redknapp said he then realised wouldn't get money unless he went along with it

Redknapp told reporter he was due 10% on Crouch transfer profit.......

Redknapp "I was due 10%. They paid me 5%. I said to Mandaric you owe me 10% not 5%. Mandaric said don't worry, I'll sort it"

Redknapp to reporter "The money was paid to me as a bonus for selling Peter Crouch"

So US banks can't transfer to the UK but have to go through Monaco. I didn't know that lol. In any case that would stop saggy chops from declaring it.