Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Nugent didn't celebrate his goal against us as he did against you last night.

Ref your other meanderings, do you really think that if Pompey sell players that HMRC would allow any proceeds to go to Chainrai before they got the money we owe them first? Also, why would anyone need to find £20m to buy Pompey? Let's say Chainrai accepts £5m, what else would a buyer have to pay? The £1.6m to HMRC, small creditors valued at £150 - £200K. CVA is covered by parachute payments. Only other thing I can think of is the money owed to CSI. However, that debt will probably be included as part of the deal to buy PFC and that purchase price will probably include the CSI debt as a peppercorn - maybe £1. So, in theory, depending on Chainrai not being willing to let PFC be liquidated and see liquidators appointed by HMRC meaning he risks getting nothing someone could buy PFC and be effectively debt free (apart from the CVA which is covered anyway) for something like £7 - £8m.

What other "toxic debt" am I missing Nick Nack?

PMSL, what a load of nonsense! When you used to post stuff like this before Steve Grants stunt I often assumed you were a Saints fan trolling Saints fans by pretending to be a typical deluded fool who didnt get it... now I just think you are insane!

Chinny will not wipe out 75% of his debt, he didnt last time and he certainly wont this time! That is £19m and rising Corporate.

£1.6m to HMRC and counting, plus the on going unsustainable wage bill which could be as high as £16-20m P.A

No idea on the small creditors and charities you shafted - £200k is still £200k nonetheless

£10.8m CSI loan to be peppercorned to £1?! Do you really think its that simple? You owe WRC £3m dont forget, let alone any outstanding installments to Chinny that may crop up...

The CVA isnt fully covered by parachute, you are at least £1m short, your CEO pointed out last night that you are trying to get advance payments at present just to get through the day to day.

Dont forget Gadymacks debt too!

All of that for no ground, no infrastructure - just a bonkers wage bill and and a Winding Up Petition

Sorry Corporate but you certainly are toxic - Moneyfields for you my little pony

It appears that Andrew Andronikou, Adminstrator of Portsmouth's parent company CSI which went into administration in November last year following the arrest of it's major shareholder Vladimir Antonov on fraud and money-laundering charges, is locked in last-minute talks with a new preferred bidder.

Although Andronikou refuses to divulge any details, the preferred bidder is understood to be one Rosie Redknapp, a very wealthy individual with previous links to Portsmouth, who has for the past several years been living in exile on the French Riviera. Sources close to Andronikou say that he does not envisage that Rosie will have any difficulty meeting the requirements of the new stringent Football League Fit and Proper Person test, and is substantially more wealthy than any of the other bidders who have so far shown interest.

Any more leads on this story? the dogs b0llicks if true!

It appears that Andrew Andronikou, Adminstrator of Portsmouth's parent company CSI which went into administration in November last year following the arrest of it's major shareholder Vladimir Antonov on fraud and money-laundering charges, is locked in last-minute talks with a new preferred bidder.

Although Andronikou refuses to divulge any details, the preferred bidder is understood to be one Rosie Redknapp, a very wealthy individual with previous links to Portsmouth, who has for the past several years been living in exile on the French Riviera. Sources close to Andronikou say that he does not envisage that Rosie will have any difficulty meeting the requirements of the new stringent Football League Fit and Proper Person test, and is substantially more wealthy than any of the other bidders who have so far shown interest.

Well theres no legs in that story. Rosie is deceased.

Ref your other meanderings, do you really think that if Pompey sell players that HMRC would allow any proceeds to go to Chainrai before they got the money we owe them first? Also, why would anyone need to find £20m to buy Pompey? Let's say Chainrai accepts £5m, what else would a buyer have to pay? The £1.6m to HMRC, small creditors valued at £150 - £200K. CVA is covered by parachute payments. Only other thing I can think of is the money owed to CSI. However, that debt will probably be included as part of the deal to buy PFC and that purchase price will probably include the CSI debt as a peppercorn - maybe £1. So, in theory, depending on Chainrai not being willing to let PFC be liquidated and see liquidators appointed by HMRC meaning he risks getting nothing someone could buy PFC and be effectively debt free (apart from the CVA which is covered anyway) for something like £7 - £8m.

Even if we were to accept your figures (and clearly no one on here does), you still have to explain to me why anyone other than a money launderer would want to buy portsmouth FC. Given that CSI put c£10.6 million in to just cover the losses of part of a season, the club is obviously still leaking money dramatically. If you offered anyone sane the club for £1 with no outstanding debts, they'd still turn you down. Your expenditure far exceeds your income. Redknapp left you with this legacy of overpaid players on long contracts and to everyone else's amazement Lampitt etc have carried on with that. (eg £19 k a week for Lawrence! Madness.)

With no income flow from outside of football, a stadium that costs money just to stop it falling down and is no use for other lettings (eg concerts , international matches, conference use or similar), no other assets, and crowds likely to be in the low teens or even below 10,000 as things get worse, PFC just isn't a viable championship club on a day to day basis, never mind having the debts to pay off.

Your only hope is to sell Ward, Pearce, Henderson and anyone else that any club offers for, asap, to pay off the tax bill to stay afloat. Then offer to cancel the contracts of any other players on high wages so they can sign for someone else on a free. ..not that many will take the offer, but a few might because as a free they might be able to negotiate a decent wage. Then you need to stop this bleating drivel about having a small squad and promote some of your youngsters into the first team squad like any other club would, then lose lots of games, be relegated, and lurch on from crisis to crisis till you reach L2 or maybe the conference, with the rest of the expensive players contracts finally run out. Then, finall,y you can start to re-build back to about the L1 /championship borderline level, which is the natural home for a club of your size and support.

Watching tweets come in under the Redknapp search is quite enlightening. Unless they are all from Saints fans it does appear that a lot of people really don't like him.

https://twitter.com/#!/search/redknapp

brilliant lol'age:

22 Jan » Etihad_Stadium Etihad Stadium

Apparently Harry Redknapp wants Mancini fined for waving an imaginary tax return at him

23 hours ago » FootballAgenda The Football Agenda

'I don't want to talk about other people's bank accounts, but Rosie 47 is a triffic bank account.' - Harry Redknapp #thfc

Booneyboone Boo

How come Harry Redknapp can open a bank account in his dogs name yet I need 3 forms of ID to rent a carpet cleaner from B&Q?

7 hours ago

ronniejoice Ronnie Joice

Good luck to Harry Redknapp today. And by "good luck", I mean I hope you get 6 years, you thief.

5 hours ago

5 hours ago » TwopTwips Twop Twips

'ARRY REDKNAPP. When opening a bank account in your dog's name, Jack Russell raises the fewest alarms. (via @Jaffo)

briankettle Not Brian Kettle

Redknapp verdict likely to turn on what Patrice Evra thinks he heard and whether Alex Ferguson can corroborate him thinking he heard it.

2 hours ago

scotwilliams Scot Williams

SSN REPORTER: Harry, any transfer news for us? HARRY REDKNAPP: Yeah, I've transfered £189,000 into my dog's bank account in Monaco. Triffik!

1 hour ago »

bbcHIGNFY HaveIGotNewsForYou

There’s disbelief that Harry Redknapp opened a bank account in his dog’s name, when he could have put the money in one of his offshore chins

1 hour ago

LeeMarkDavies Lee Davies

tried to be like #redknapp but got it wrong and named my pet after my bank account, you try shouting 28-63-48 6502657 after a few beers!

1 hour ago

Edited by anothersaintinsouthsea

/QUOTE]

To be fair, he didn't take £8m in wages from us for his 16 goals. I'd imagine he's quite grateful to your lot. £8m buys you quite a lot of loyalty, until you feck off for free having strung out the last 12 months of your contract, of course. Let's be honest, he never played against us for you, he's a northerner born and bred and a cocksure, gob****e. You lot don't mean anything to him either. He's merely the kind of bloke that wants to ingratiate himself to the fans that are too thick to realise that he took them for a ride.

Stick in the £6m fee up front and all the other agents fees, cuts for *cough* 'other parties' etc, and lets round it to £1m per goal.

Bargain - you must be so proud. If ever there was a great example of everything that's gone wrong with your club, here it is.

Edited by Chin Strain

Lampitt is worried, Appleton is resigned to no new players, AA has said the situation is very serious, the few are planning a new club yet Ho is quite happy that there is no problem.

Say no more.

The lone voice of reason in a sea of madness....must be a lonely place to be.

And mind the herd of elephants on your way out, yes, about 15 of them, over there by the door...

Sad to hear that little Rosie is no longer around to enjoy her wealth, I don't know how long it is since the little cutie 'passed over' but I'm guessing that she might be down to the bare bones by now.

Nothing on London Gazette today ... did the Guardian speak out of turn? Perhaps HMRC are only threatening WUP, and haven't issued yet?

They haven't updated their site with 24th Jan WUPs yet, have they? (still showing latest as 23rd Jan here)

Edit: ignore...just seen 24th's

Edit(2): most of today's WUP have the following line: "A petition to wind up the above-named Company presented on 15 / 16 December 2011 by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx". Does that mean the actual notice doesn't appear until, what looks like, 5 weeks after the actual petition was "presented"? Or am I reading that wrong?

Edited by trousers

Paul Foster @Paul_A_Foster (Deputy news editor at The News, Portsmouth)

Pompey winding-up petition is about to be published. Experts our reporters have been talking to don't hold up too much hope

BBC_Solent_Prop_RGB_normal.jpg BBC Solent Sport @solentsport

HMRC issue winding up petition against #pompey for tax bill of £12.6 million

Edited by trousers

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16706372.stm

Portsmouth issued winding-up petition by HMRC

Page last updated at 15:30 GMT, Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Portsmouth are currently searching for new owners Portsmouth have been issued with a winding-up petition by HM Revenue and Customs over an unpaid £1.6m tax bill.

The club's chief-executive David Lampitt told BBC Radio Solent on Saturday that Pompey had failed to meet their last two payments of £800,000.

Edited by trousers

BBC South understands that any purchaser would need to provide £12m as proof of funds, and assurances they could meet another £20m in repayments to former creditors, Balram Chainrai and Alexandre Gaydamak.

Seems that Corp and BBC South didn't have the same maths teacher.

Meanwhile....back at the courthouse....

James Pearce @Pearcesport

Mandaric told police that the money in Rosie47 was a loan and that he had asked Redknapp to pay it back. R told police it wasn't a loan

Redknapp told police reason he hadn't told his accountant about existence of Monaco account was because he thought there was no money in it

To start with you have another wage payment coming up in the next few days. So on best available sources it looks like another 1.6mil added to the 1.6 you owe to HMRC. Therefore if you were to draw forward on your (Ring fenced) parachute payments, as Lampitt has suggested. That is putting a big hole in your CVA payment immediately! You then have to add on another 4-months payments at 1.6-mil to keep you stumbling forward until the end of the season. Therefore another 6.4-mil this is without any other running costs. All this with very little income coming through the gate. so so far we are at 9.6-mil at best case scenario.

Going of your extremely hopeful figures as to what people would except to walk away. Another 5 mill to buy the ground back of Chinny/CSI.

You seem to be under the assumption that AA is here to help you again, but in fact he is the administrator for CSI to get the best deal for them. Therefore he will not give the club/assets (he said very loosely LOL). Unfortunately you have a debt to CSI for 10.8-mil so even if you agree a % payment lets just say 20p in the pound that's another 2.1-mil approx.

So based on very loose figures & your own very optimistic reasoning we already have 16.7-mil just to keep you going until the end of the season. So Nicks estimate of 20-mil is a pretty decent effort on what an investor would have to have up front as a bare minimum to purchase your DFSCB of a club. That's without all other running costs & CVA.

Simples.

P.S See the WUP is in now. The Secret is out OH!

Redknapp owes 1.6 mill to HMRC and latest news is that Pompey have turned down offers from a large brewery as it was discovered the formula they were using for purchasing was based on K9p. Or perhaps I am just confued between CSI, CVA,PROS,CHANRAI,WUP,PUP,SUP,CUP that this thread has become on the last four pages !! Mod please help us !!

Redknapp owes 1.6 mill to HMRC and latest news is that Pompey have turned down offers from a large brewery as it was discovered the formula they were using for purchasing was based on K9p. Or perhaps I am just confued between CSI, CVA,PROS,CHANRAI,WUP,PUP,SUP,CUP that this thread has become on the last four pages !! Mod please help us !!

Oh do keep up. :lol:

The means to an end is the same. :lol:

So with Milan and Arry telling different storries to diferent people the tax evasion is starting to look more like some kind of cover up between them or at least by one of them. The money so far looks like its believed to be to do with players in and out of the club, although I thought there were 2 counts of evasion and so far we've only heard about 1 to do with Crouch???

I know we havent heard the rest yet and the defence has yet to make its case but just based on what we have heard so far it sounds like the club are implicated at least and this will leave the FL to make a decission right? Im sure Luton and prob a few others would be watching with interest as to how the FL handle it should whats been said so far get the guilty verdict.

Then back to Pompeys current situation, the realisation that the debt is actually allot more than the blue phew care to admit to and its becoming more obvious that they need a complete mentalist to empty their own bank account in a bid to save them!

At what point does someone down that way actually start trying to sort out an AFC pompey? Is there such an outfit already? If so I would like to offer my words of encouragement to such a project and wishes of good luck. Web link anyone? Contact email or something? Anything?

It doesnt look good for them so I guess AFC pompey is on the back burner hidden away somewhere or something.

When is the next web chat thing? :D