Our Position Or Pompey's?

Daren W

Please... tell me you haven't just boasted that your attendance against Rangers isn't 4k but 9k?

For, funnily enough, a Premiership club, that is appalling....

It's a pre season friendly you numpty. The Premiership doesn't start until next week! Not only have you been shot down in flames by most of your own in this thread, you also can't even get basic facts right......

It's a pre season friendly you numpty. The Premiership doesn't start until next week! Not only have you been shot down in flames by most of your own in this thread, you also can't even get basic facts right......

Actually retard, get it right, we all know it's a pre season. You obviously don't seem to know as you're on a Saints messageboard when all 9,000 of your fellow fans are watching a game!

You get all prissy and accuse Delldays of lying but if anyone's been lying about attendance's it's been you and your "You seldom sold the Dell out" bullsheet which is an out and out lie. We operated at 95% capacity in the Premiership.

The fact is you're a Premiership club and you've racked up a mighty 9,000 at home for an attractive pre season game aginst Rangers! And just can't see how utterly ridiculous you look by saying "Actually it's 9,000" as if it's something to boast about!!

Your club's a joke, your support's a joke and when the hardcore blue few are at Fratton you're on a Saints messageboard debating sh1t...

And as for shot down in flames, can you not read you moron? Read the original post and then call me names. It's about position, not league postion but overall position. Your position is 9,000 for a high profile pre season game. Thanks for proving my point.... I'd much rather be in our position than yours... lol

You couldn't make it up...

Perhaps it's best to rephrase the question as I did to pfc123 (I've added stadium):

Suppose someone were to give you the offer for P*mp*y and Saints to switch positions 3 years from now (owner, league position, facilities and debts). (Your decision of course must be made now, not 3 years from now.) Would you take the offer?

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/sho...&postcount=260

Actually retard, get it right, we all know it's a pre season. You obviously don't seem to know as you're on a Saints messageboard when all 9,000 of your fellow fans are watching a game!

You get all prissy and accuse Delldays of lying but if anyone's been lying about attendance's it's been you and your "You seldom sold the Dell out" bullsheet which is an out and out lie. We operated at 95% capacity in the Premiership.

The fact is you're a Premiership club and you've racked up a mighty 9,000 at home for an attractive pre season game aginst Rangers! And just can't see how utterly ridiculous you look by saying "Actually it's 9,000" as if it's something to boast about!!

Your club's a joke, your support's a joke and when the hardcore blue few are at Fratton you're on a Saints messageboard debating sh1t...

And as for shot down in flames, can you not read you moron? Read the original post and then call me names. It's about position, not league postion but overall position. Your position is 9,000 for a high profile pre season game. Thanks for proving my point.... I'd much rather be in our position than yours... lol

You couldn't make it up...

Hmmm, touched a nerve there methinks...

Perhaps it's best to rephrase the question as I did to pfc123 (I've added stadium):

Suppose someone were to give you the offer for P*mp*y and Saints to switch positions 3 years from now (owner, league position, facilities and debts). (Your decision of course must be made now, not 3 years from now.) Would you take the offer?

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/sho...&postcount=260

No, because there's a good chance that we'll still be in a higher league than you...

Hmmm, touched a nerve there methinks...

hmmm Not answered the point there methinks...

You've not touched any nerve, that would indicate you have a point or anything approaching a brain cell or two.

9,000 and as Scally so eloquently out it, half of them probably Rangers fans..

In the meantime, thank you for your input, it is most amusing if not embarrassing...

And your point is what? We're still bottom? So what?

I've had enough of misery and moaning. I'm actually happy about my club for the first time in a long time. I've had enough of skates sticking their oar in and taking the p1ss, now it's their time to get some stick.

If you don't like it, tough.

And your point is what? We're still bottom? So what?

I've had enough of misery and moaning. I'm actually happy about my club for the first time in a long time. I've had enough of skates sticking their oar in and taking the p1ss, now it's their time to get some stick.

If you don't like it, tough.

Without sounding like a skate, they had to put up with us being in the PL for a good few years while they scraped around the lower leagues, and the stick that came with it...

We have nothing to shout about yet.

I am hopeful, but not optimistic it will get better.

Without sounding like a skate, they had to put up with us being in the PL for a good few years while they scraped around the lower leagues, and the stick that came with it...

We have nothing to shout about yet.

I am hopeful, but not optimistic it will get better.

True but right now they are shocking and in a terrible downward spiral and for all the obvious negatives I'd seriously rather be in our shoes over the next few seasons.

Blimey

Worrying times for them. This is so pinnacle-esque it's untrue. Wonder if they have a ML type waiting in the background if this fails?

Dunno. We should be able to attract new money, but as cash is tight and our facilities aren't exactly *cough* pristine, it might be difficult.

The Prem status is the main thing that makes us attractive. Watch this space I guess :confused:

My mate's Dad played for them in the 60's, I just texted him taking the P(My Mate, not his dad) and he reckons the staff were told today, that the deal's off.

So then, this property developer bloke who still lives with his mum and dad, anyone got his phone number?

Dunno. We should be able to attract new money, but as cash is tight and our facilities aren't exactly *cough* pristine, it might be difficult.

The Prem status is the main thing that makes us attractive. Watch this space I guess :confused:

TBH, i wouldn't want you lot to go out of business. I'd love us to both be in the premiership again one day - those games were great (ok, not the one at fratton)

So then, this property developer bloke who still lives with his mum and dad, anyone got his phone number?

Yep, we can give you him, tommac, Helpmerhonda, the 'other' wacko jacko, Wilde, Lowe, Askham...

Any one of them could do a job for you.

The point here that no one's touched on is how much it would cost to make Pompey even slightly competitive in the Premiership...

New stadium? £50/60 million?

New training ground? £2-3 million?

New players required for a mid table finish? £30 million?

That's nearly £100 million before you start. That's an awful lot of money with very little chance of clawing any money back...

I seriously can't see anyone wasting that sort of money... but then again you never know.

Just don't write off the value of having all that stuff already there for you.

Edited by Daren W

The point here that no one's touched on is how much it would cost to make Pompey even slightly competitive in the Premiership...

That's nearly £100 million before you start. That's an awful lot of momney with very little chance of clawing any money back...

I seriously can't see anyone wasting that sort of money... but then again you never know.

Maybe no one's touched on it because, no matter how much we might take some glee from their misfortune, there's bound to come a time - especially these days - when a Prem club faces the unthinkable and is taken out altogether. And the way things are going, P*mpey look like being that team. I really hope not - I'd miss the rivalry, such as it is at the moment. But...

That's nearly £100 million before you start. That's an awful lot of money with very little chance of clawing any money back...

Think we'd be happy to just see someone, anyone, come in with the £30m to keep us up. Might not need quite that much, but without new money, we are almost certainly going to struggle around the bottom 6 I would imagine...

Think we'd be happy to just see someone, anyone, come in with the £30m to keep us up. Might not need quite that much, but without new money, we are almost certainly going to struggle around the bottom 6 I would imagine...

£30m won't even touch the sides. Sasha is looking for an exit leaving all the remaining debt after he has been recompensed for his loans to the club. Rough estimates have it at £65m to pay off the banks before you start spending on the team. Nobody with any sense would buy into that. Gaydamak has screwed the club over in a way that Lowe couldn't even have imagined. Also remember you will only have half the sky money, gate reciepts for less than 20k, no lucrative hospitality packages and still a large wage bill. Only an idiot would do it and by all accounts the 'Dr' has pulled out. Looks like admin unless you can find another rich idiot.

£30m won't even touch the sides. Sasha is looking for an exit leaving all the remaining debt after he has been recompensed for his loans to the club. Rough estimates have it at £65m to pay off the banks before you start spending on the team. Nobody with any sense would buy into that. Gaydamak has screwed the club over in a way that Lowe couldn't even have imagined. Also remember you will only have half the sky money, gate reciepts for less than 20k, no lucrative hospitality packages and still a large wage bill. Only an idiot would do it and by all accounts the 'Dr' has pulled out. Looks like admin unless you can find another rich idiot.

Hold your horses, I can tell from the tone of the post and the numerous pretty wild statements within it that you're keen to see us dead and buried, but it hasn't happened just yet. All we can do is just wait and see. We don't have much choice really...

I can see Gaydamak seriously ****ing pompey over. This is a guy who used money made by selling old russian weapons to third world countries. People like that don't care about annoying a few in-bred football fans.

If this deal falls through they will be lucky if they have a club left, there is nothing stopping him selling all the players and leaving the creditors to fight over the ground.

Hold your horses, I can tell from the tone of the post and the numerous pretty wild statements within it that you're keen to see us dead and buried, but it hasn't happened just yet. All we can do is just wait and see. We don't have much choice really...

Far from it, I don't he's hinting at anything other than the way Gaydamak has right royally screwed you. A £20 million loan at 15% p/a? Still £60 million in debt? It's effing horrendous...

Still on the bright side, you only need to build a 9,000 capacity stadium... ;)

I am finally feeling more comfortable with things, OK Pardew may have left a few people s******ing in the Premiership camp but I honestly think he is as good as we could get at this stage, better than L1 certainly.

He said in an interview we will do well to finish mid-table. I think we can do better than that, teams have been promoted with points differences of more than 10. It's not impossible.

Far from it, I don't he's hinting at anything other than the way Gaydamak has right royally screwed you. A £20 million loan at 15% p/a? Still £60 million in debt? It's effing horrendous...

Er no, not £60 million of debt. £27 million. Apparently. Not great, but not large by Premiership standards.....

Still on the bright side, you only need to build a 9,000 capacity stadium... ;)

Which is still 4000 MORE than you managed to get for the Hearts game. Touche...;)

Hearts was a late arranged, 2nd preseason friendly against team who didn't bring corwd of note with them.

So for second game in 7 days just arranged against worse opposition -probably comparable home fans.

Please give up on defending blue few

Hearts was a late arranged, 2nd preseason friendly against team who didn't bring corwd of note with them.

So for second game in 7 days just arranged against worse opposition -probably comparable home fans.

Please give up on defending blue few

Oh right, no-one knew about it then. Yeah, that'll be it...