Our Position Or Pompey's?

Daren W

Er no, not £60 million of debt. £27 million. Apparently. Not great, but not large by Premiership standards.....

Which is still 4000 MORE than you managed to get for the Hearts game. Touche...;)

Your right!!!!!

but we had 2000 more today than you will get for any game this season.

Wifes family all live in Wymering and they are very worried at moment because of Catch 22 you are in

No Ground , therefore no Income so any Buyer needs to fund both team and Stadium

Er no, not £60 million of debt. £27 million. Apparently. Not great, but not large by Premiership standards.....

Not according to the Mail. The season starts in 10 days at home to Fulham and the transfer window closes on August 31, a significant date at Fratton Park. It is when £36m of bank loans — the majority of which are owed to the Standard Bank of South Africa — must be repaid.

According to them there's still £67 million outstanding, probably including the above sum and the wonderful £24m loaned to the club by owner Gaydamak at an annual interest rate of 15 per cent.

Touche... methinks...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1204358/The-dream-nightmare-Portsmouth-plummet-oblivion.html#ixzz0NcWbHa4U

Which is still 4000 MORE than you managed to get for the Hearts game. Touche...;)

oh, our second friendly at St Marys in a week? The first one we drew 22,000, well over double your attendance, and that for a League One club, that you did for a Premiership club...

Touche that...

lolol

Seems that some of those professing to prefer the Skates' prospects against ours might well be having a slight rethink since I was last on here late morning.

Oh and thanks Daren for clarifying that you meant the mid to long term prospects of both clubs rather than the here and now. I knew what you meant.

I would love to see Pfc go tits up, after the **** taking we endured a few months ago. YSB's have no idea what is really happening at your club. Dr Al is pulling out of buying because he won't assume control of the club fully until Sasha was paid off. But he would assume liability for the debt to the banks. £27m is to 1 bank. There is £65m in total owed. Sasha is also taking half the sky money. I believe the sale is for a nominal fee! (ie £1). I am rational and normally wouldn't wish it on anyone but you smug barstewards have brought it upon yourselves!

I would love to see Pfc go tits up, after the **** taking we endured a few months ago. YSB's have no idea what is really happening at your club. Dr Al is pulling out of buying because he won't assume control of the club fully until Sasha was paid off. But he would assume liability for the debt to the banks. £27m is to 1 bank. There is £65m in total owed. Sasha is also taking half the sky money. I believe the sale is for a nominal fee! (ie £1). I am rational and normally wouldn't wish it on anyone but you smug barstewards have brought it upon yourselves!

Sultan Bin Trump is pulling out? No never, surely not

people didn't know about it until few weeks before - when some would have other plans, many more probably felt one preseason friendly enough for a week - not a good crowd tho however you look at it.

Yours?

Probably a combination of disillusion at the protracted (or even cancelled) takeover, the knowledge that Rangers were going to play mostly reserve players, £20 admission for a nothing game, people on holiday? Who knows? Apathy overall I suspect, so not a great crowd for us either really....

I would love to see Pfc go tits up, after the **** taking we endured a few months ago. .....I am rational and normally wouldn't wish it on anyone but you smug barstewards have brought it upon yourselves!

You have no idea of the concept of 'endured'. We listened to 40 years of ****taking from you lot. FORTY. Almost my entire life. Think about that...

99% of you never thought it was going to end did you? Pompey would ALWAYS be below you. After all, that's all you'd ever known, so why should it ever change?

So then, the last 7 years have been a bit of a shock. And to call us 'smug barstewards' after the previous 40 years, well, 'pot' and 'kettle' are the two words that come to mind.

What goes around comes around. Just pray very hard that you haven't got another 33 years to 'endure'.

Glad most of you are content to be in League 1 on minus 10 rather than being in our terrible situation. It depends which way you look at it, the team is clearly not as good as last year but that level of spending was unsustainable. If on the other hand one applied the saints dream test of promotion to the premier league. Would I be content to be in the premier league and:

1) Have the England goalkeeper between the posts.

2) Experienced defenders like Distin and Herman

3) The superb Younis

4) Good young players like Ritchie and Wilson breaking into the team

5) the magician Kranjcar

6) Piquionne-did you see his goals

7) premier status

8) premier income

9) just beaten the scottish champions 2-0

10) Matin Crainie England u-21 player

Well God stopped at 10 points and so will I

Funniest thread ever on here you've got to admit. The above or 2 seasons in Div 3, now let me think...................

Glad most of you are content to be in League 1 on minus 10 rather than being in our terrible situation. It depends which way you look at it, the team is clearly not as good as last year but that level of spending was unsustainable. If on the other hand one applied the saints dream test of promotion to the premier league. Would I be content to be in the premier league and:

3) The superb Younis

5) the magician Kranjcar

7) premier status

8) premier income

Funniest thread ever on here you've got to admit. The above or 2 seasons in Div 3, now let me think...................

I hate to agree with a Skate but you're right. Most fans posting in this thread are seriously deluded and seriously over estimating the chances of Poopey going bust. It simply won't happen, sadly.

I hate to agree with a Skate but you're right. Most fans posting in this thread are seriously deluded and seriously over estimating the chances of Poopey going bust. It simply won't happen, sadly.

They wont go out of business.

But they face administration, relegation and hurtling down the league.

Comparing the two clubs isn't just about where we are now....its about the direction we're heading.

I honestly believe that we will be a division or two above Portsmouth in 4 years time.

They wont go out of business.

But they face administration, relegation and hurtling down the league.

So the worst case scenario is they get to exactly what we're experienced!

Comparing the two clubs isn't just about where we are now....its about the direction we're heading.

Our -10 points and lack of decent signings hardly inspire we we're going straight back up. And Poopey still have a squad capable of staying in the Premier League.

I honestly believe that we will be a division or two above Portsmouth in 4 years time.

I hope you're right but I would only give that scenario a 10% chance of happening. We need 2 promotions and a relegation for that to happen in 4 years.. I honestly can't see us in the Premier League in that time, nor can I see Poopey in League 1.

You have no idea of the concept of 'endured'. We listened to 40 years of ****taking from you lot. FORTY. Almost my entire life. Think about that...

99% of you never thought it was going to end did you? Pompey would ALWAYS be below you. After all, that's all you'd ever known, so why should it ever change?

So then, the last 7 years have been a bit of a shock. And to call us 'smug barstewards' after the previous

the last 7 years i think not try 4

3) The superb Younis

5) the magician Kranjcar

7) premier status

8) premier income

First of all will he still be at pompey for the start of the season? Secondly these days saying you have englands number 1 isnt all its cracked up to be. Back in the 80's and before it would truely have been something to shout about with the likes of clemence and shilton were between the posts.

Yeah true but again will they be there at the end of the transfer window?

3) The superb Younis

Attracting interest from spurs i believe

Cant comment, never heard of them. I hope they are as good as you say as you will need them.

5) the magician Kranjcar

Rabbits and hats. Has been touted - i predict a move to europe is on the cards here.

lol no i didnt. Will reserve judgement until Christmas and we can look at his goal haul then if we may.

7) premier status

yep cant argue with that. Thats a fact. For one more season anyway.

8) premier income

Well it seems Mr Gaydamak is taking his fair share of that before the club sees it. So how much of that you will see and how much will be used to strengthen a depleted squad is up to question.

Yeah another Fact but Scottish champions are only the equivalent of a mid table Prem side.

Cant disagree with you there - another quite bizare fact. However, this does offer an opportunity for you to raise some cash for your club. Sell your house, put the cash on a 5 year bet that Craine will not make it to the full england squad.

Another good bet could be that Pompey will be relegated with an all time low pts total. I know thats really gotta be quite special to beat Derbys and Boro's recent displays but hey. Surely worth a fiver........

..why should it ever change?

So then, the last 7 years have be.en a bit of a shock. ..

Typical skate - can't count.

Seven years takes us back to 2002/3. That season saw the Skates in the fizzy pop with us at the Cup Final and ending up eigth in the Prem.

The biggest shock is you trying to claim that the recent hiccup in the natural order of things started 7 years ago!!

And how long will he last there with your lot shiping in goals left right and centre? Your whole season rests on David James? That's the funniest thing I've ever heard... lol

Distin's off to Villa. Don't you know what's happening at your own club?

3) The superb Younis

Who?

And again, who? lol

5) the magician Kranjcar

Another one guaranteed to be on his way...

Yes, on You Tube where the man is a world wide joke lolol

Just in case you've not seen this cracker... lolol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J16f1Z4-IDU

7) premier status

This season, enjoy it whilst you can...

8) premier income

Shame Gaydamak's taking half of it, arab or not.. lol

Sort it out! PFC123 thinks they're lower league, you think they're Real Madrid! And you watched them with a crowd of 9,000 !! lolololol

Are you really a Pompey fan? You're now reduced to boasting about Martin bloody Cranie??? Priceless!!! Funny as ****!!!

ask me again next season... You may well be playing us. And if this thread is funny, your reply is absolutely priceless!!!!

Your club's a joke and so, quite frankly, is your post...

Cheers! You've made my day....

Edited by Daren W

ding, ding, the end is nigh!

Holed beneath the waterline, HMS Pompey has a madman on the bridge and he's sold the lifeboats.

Are they waving at us or drowning?

Don't know, but whatever happens in the next three weeks it's going to be spectacular and memorable - there will be tears......but mainly laughter.

its been pretty difficult for me being a saints fan living in pompey recently, but not as difficult as when saints were above them! i think most pompey fans, when not trying to look good in front of saints fans, realise what a precarious position the club is in, and actually expect the worst. they have seen what has happened to saints and can see the same heading their way. however my opinion, which was the same during the saints takeover, is that the club WILL survive, someone, maybe not the Dr, WILL buy it and as for their performance this season, well football is a funny old game and who knows.... but at the moment i think they are hoping the premier league turns into t 5 a side league.... as thats pretty much all they have.... COYR

So the worst case scenario is they get to exactly what we're experienced!

No. If everything came to pass that happened to us, they are nowhere near as attractive a proposition as we were. We have a Premiership standard stadium, a decent training ground, a good youth academy set-up, other assets that meant there was a decent infrastructure that could form a decent foundation for rebuilding the club. They have a crappy old and small stadium, a shortage of land available to build a new one on and a local authority not very helpful granting planning permission. They don't have their own training ground. Their debt levels are much higher than ours were. If Fahim withdraws, it will discourage others from having a look.

Our -10 points and lack of decent signings hardly inspire we we're going straight back up. And Poopey still have a squad capable of staying in the Premier League.

Do they? With what they are left with currently they might just do it, but if expectations that they will lose any further quality in the team prove true, then they don't stand a snowballs chance in hell of staying up. Furthermore, if Fahim doesn't proceed, they'll quite possibly be in administration and the -9 points will make their survival in the Premiership almost impossible too.

I hope you're right but I would only give that scenario a 10% chance of happening. We need 2 promotions and a relegation for that to happen in 4 years.. I honestly can't see us in the Premier League in that time, nor can I see Poopey in League 1.

Saintbobby said that we might be a division or two above them in 4 years. Whereas the two divisions lead is a bit optimistic, I can well see that we might be a division above them by 4 years.

Seems one simple question killed the thread. Has there been any statement from the league or club on the matter either way? Don't see how we can answer the original question until we know if you're on -10 and in with an outside chance of the play offs or on -25 and favourites for relegation. Does nobody know?

Thats all done and dusted we're on -10

Source?

The League did say the club and SLH were inextricably linked. Under those circumstances you would expect a further points fine unless you can produce a CVA. However, it sounds from what you're saying as if Rupert got something right at last and circumvented the Leagues rules. Surprising other clubs arn't kicking up more of a fuss about it. Still it seems the final result stands Southampton 1 Football League 0.

Source?

The League did say the club and SLH were inextricably linked. Under those circumstances you would expect a further points fine unless you can produce a CVA. However, it sounds from what you're saying as if Rupert got something right at last and circumvented the Leagues rules. Surprising other clubs arn't kicking up more of a fuss about it. Still it seems the final result stands Southampton 1 Football League 0.

Yes. Good, isn't it? But I suspect that you blue few aren't best pleased that the media have it in for you, according to Storrie teller.

Source?

But however hard the League try and imagine the loophole wasn't there, they can't deny the reality that the club did not go into admin - only SLH did. SLH no longer exists, so how can you produce a CVA? It's not actually possible - ever. And the club can't produce a CVA either, because it was never in admin.

This little mess is probably a lot to do with the League's insistence that we don't appeal the -10. They don't want to dwell on it. The -10 is as bad as it will ever get.

You, on the other hand....

3) The superb Younis

5) the magician Kranjcar

7) premier status

8) premier income

1-5 You could be setting yourself up for a terrible fall here, how many of these players will still be around if the takeover doesn't go through very soon?

No 7, you win.

No 8 is a non sequitur, why would we envy your income, weighed aginst your net value compared to ours?

No 9 is a friendly, give us a break.

No 10 you surely meant as a joke.

So then, the last 7 years have been a bit of a shock. And to call us 'smug barstewards' after the previous 40 years, well, 'pot' and 'kettle' are the two words that come to mind.

What goes around comes around. Just pray very hard that you haven't got another 33 years to 'endure'.

I don't think any sensible fan thought it 'was never going to end'? Football, like most things in life, runs in cycles, and when you are up, the only way is down. But it does seem - right now at least - that your period of dominance will be far shorter than ours.

No Brian Kid either a **** park thsi season. Oh dear.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8193109.stm

Could be a fatal blow for them this season, Kidd is one of the top assistants in the country (IMO) and I'm not sure that Hart has the nouse to get a decent squad out of trouble, let alone the remnents that they have left.

Do I detect a hint from Hart's comments that he doesn't know if he will be able to appoint a replacement as theres no cash???!!!

Could be a fatal blow for them this season, Kidd is one of the top assistants in the country (IMO) and I'm not sure that Hart has the nouse to get a decent squad out of trouble, let alone the remnents that they have left.

Do I detect a hint from Hart's comments that he doesn't know if he will be able to appoint a replacement as theres no cash???!!!

time for HARTE to resign and take up the post of youth development officer at SFC.

we are all excited about tomorrow and the season,

they are dreading it and not wanting the football to start,

sure most of them would love to be in our position

Well, from my perspective that is simply not true.

I cant wait for it to start. A win at home to Fulham and all will seem so much better.

I know everyone is predicting gloom BUT if you are really honest and compare our First eleven to that of Stokes, Burnley, Hull, Wolves and Brum you would be lying if you did not admit that ours is better.

So the next question is will we hold on to them or not? 50/50 I would say.

So, you have a choice -

*50/50 chance of a good chance of being in the prem next season albeit with no infrastructure (Bricks and mortar!) - our academy is good.

*No chance of being in the prem next season but with lots of lovely bricks and mortar!

Many years ago we regularly celebrated your demise from the top flight only for it never to happen. I wouldnt quite count your chickens yet.

If we stay up (yes I know its a pretty big if), we will be debt free and able to spend all that sky money. Do you really think it is that nailed on we are about to swap places?

If we stay up (yes I know its a pretty big if), we will be debt free and able to spend all that sky money.

lolololol

You might not even make september without going into admin, let's not start talking about being debt free. PMSL

BUT if you are really honest and compare our First eleven to that of Stokes, Burnley, Hull, Wolves and Brum you would be lying if you did not admit that ours is better.

Lets compare your [possible eleven with Stokes shall we:

James Sorensen

Hreidersen Higginbottom

Distin Shawcross

Kaboul Faye

Cranie Wilkinson

Hughes Whelen

Mokena Delap

Krankjar Etherington

Diop Lawrence

Nugent Fuller

Pasualle BT

I'd say there is not much between you and if I'm honest they have more threat going forward as BT and Fuller just seem to be able to grabs goals even when not offered chances on a plate.

True, but he doesn't appear to want to spend any of it. We need a Markus Liebherr with the money burning a hole in his pocket :D

It would appear that his pockets do have holes in after all, £M1+ fell out today, and it looks a if another wedge is about to drop as well...! Happy days over here, how about your end? ;)

Lets compare your [possible eleven with Stokes shall we:

James Sorensen

Hreidersen Higginbottom

Distin Shawcross

Kaboul Faye

Cranie Wilkinson

Hughes Whelen

Mokena Delap

Krankjar Etherington

Diop Lawrence

Nugent Fuller

Pasualle BT

I'd say there is not much between you and if I'm honest they have more threat going forward as BT and Fuller just seem to be able to grabs goals even when not offered chances on a plate.

So then, this 'Pasualle'....who he?

I know everyone is predicting gloom BUT if you are really honest and compare our First eleven to that of Stokes, Burnley, Hull, Wolves and Brum you would be lying if you did not admit that ours is better.

Many years ago we regularly celebrated your demise from the top flight only for it never to happen. I wouldnt quite count your chickens yet.

If we stay up (yes I know its a pretty big if), we will be debt free and able to spend all that sky money. Do you really think it is that nailed on we are about to swap places?

Here you are trying to second guess whether you'll hold onto even the remnants of your current squad before you've even kicked a ball in anger this season!

What has become crystal clear during the course of the past few weeks is that your fake sheik doesn't have the money behind him that you lot thought made you mega rich. On the other hand, our new owner does have that sort of financial clout. Sickening, isn't it?

Despite assurances that Fahim is going to proceed with the takeover, it now appears to be a takeover for a nominal amount, but I bet it doesn't even go ahead on that basis, as it requires the repayment of the loan to the South African bank of a considerable sum and even then you are still left with a small crappy stadium and no money to buy a new one.

What is 50/50 is whether you go into administration or not by the end of the month. If that comes to pass, -9 points virtually guarantees relegation, as those teams you mention aren't -9 points worse than you, even with the squad you have now, let alone if others are sold.

Are you putting money on avoiding that?

Well, from my perspective that is simply not true.

I cant wait for it to start. A win at home to Fulham and all will seem so much better.

So, you have a choice -

*50/50 chance of a good chance of being in the prem next season albeit with no infrastructure (Bricks and mortar!) - our academy is good.

*No chance of being in the prem next season but with lots of lovely bricks and mortar!

Although one or two chose to deny it, most on here last season knew damned well that we'd end up in administration. The numbers just didn't add up and we had beyond useless team and board management.

By the same token, it's blindingly obvious that you will (a) lose more of your better players before the end of August; (b) lose your dodgy property developer buyer; © miss your payment deadline to Standard Chartered; © get relegated with possibly a record low number of points; and (d) go into administration.

(d) may happen before © because someone at the club may see sense and take the points deduction before the end of the season.

Either way, though, all of the above WILL happen. Trying to find comfort by comparing yourselves to Brum, Wolves, Stoke or Hull misses one very important point. All of those clubs are united in their desire to survive. Morale at your club is in the gutter.

Here you are trying to second guess whether you'll hold onto even the remnants of your current squad before you've even kicked a ball in anger this season!

What has become crystal clear during the course of the past few weeks is that your fake sheik doesn't have the money behind him that you lot thought made you mega rich. On the other hand, our new owner does have that sort of financial clout. Sickening, isn't it?

Despite assurances that Fahim is going to proceed with the takeover, it now appears to be a takeover for a nominal amount, but I bet it doesn't even go ahead on that basis, as it requires the repayment of the loan to the South African bank of a considerable sum and even then you are still left with a small crappy stadium and no money to buy a new one.

What is 50/50 is whether you go into administration or not by the end of the month. If that comes to pass, -9 points virtually guarantees relegation, as those teams you mention aren't -9 points worse than you, even with the squad you have now, let alone if others are sold.

Are you putting money on avoiding that?

Yeah, that small crappy stadium thats gonna hold a World cup group games LMFAO