Pitch announcer

Saint_clark

Every match he is required to announce ticket details he always get the figure and info wrong. For example last night he said in the 2nd phase of Wembley tickets you could buy direct from the ticket office in person. He also said that the Southern Final of the JPT only had one leg.

Just a couple of countless **** ups during the season he has made.

Then why shout it out to the whole stadium with the pictures of the players on the screen? :(

I think the aim is to sell as much merchandise on the back of the Wembley trip as possible. This is one of their ploys. Not going to work on me but it will for a lot of people.

I think the aim is to sell as much merchandise on the back of the Wembley trip as possible. This is one of their ploys. Not going to work on me but it will for a lot of people.

not convinced i think the merchandise would be brought anyway

Every match he is required to announce ticket details he always get the figure and info wrong. For example last night he said in the 2nd phase of Wembley tickets you could buy direct from the ticket office in person. He also said that the Southern Final of the JPT only had one leg.

Just a couple of countless **** ups during the season he has made.

He also said before the game that we'd sold 34,500 wembley tickets , and then at half time he said 38,500.

Selling 4000 tickets during the first half was pretty good going I thought. Well done the ticket office. Now was that by phone, or on line?

But after last night I'm prepared to forgive even him.

Beginning to think Cloud 9 really exists.

K.

What is his name anyway? I always think of him as a failed newsreader who loves the sound of his own voice and his face on the big screen.

Stewart Dennis is his name. Used to do the breakfast show on The Saint/Radio Hampshire. To be fair to him it's a tough gig - he's probably just reading a script forced on him by the club. He did look a ***** though just before the second half when he started reading the "multi ball" nonsense and then obviously got told to shut up, since the ref had stopped it midway through the first half !

He's not the worst though - who was that young guy who did it for one season early on after the move to St Marys ? I remember he made some inappropriate joke about a deaf charity who were sponsoring the game. He did one season and then was replaced by Mike Osman I think (may have been other way round).

No-one tops Dennis Rofe's half time pitch announcements at The Dell though - legend.

Reading this thread makes me glad I arrive in the ground right on kick off and leave my seat on about 40 mins to get a beer.

Used to Love Rofe. He'd wind up the away fans and then sing "Oh When The Saints" like a mad old tramp while everyone in the Archers laughed. Bring him back.

He's not the worst though - who was that young guy who did it for one season early on after the move to St Marys ? I remember he made some inappropriate joke about a deaf charity who were sponsoring the game. He did one season and then was replaced by Mike Osman I think (may have been other way round).

That was some guy called Fisher, cant remember his first name. I think he was something to do with Radio Solent. He was awful.

Definitely Dennis Rolfe and his shorts... was quality, This bloke combined with the euorpop remix of "oh when the saints" is cringe worthy!

BTW does anyone have a copy of the remix (I want to **** everyone off in the minibus on the way to wembly, by leaving it on repeat!)

Personally the pre/halftime entertainment doesn't appeal to me but...you're never gonna please everyone with a crowd that ranges in age from 5-95. I'd be quite happy to see a topless troupe gyrating on the pitch to some raunchy ol' tunes but obviously old Doris wont feel the same.

Stewart Dennis is an Exeter fan BTW.

From Wiki:

"Since leaving The Saints, Rofe has been engaged as a match summariser on BBC Radio 5, and spent the summer of 2006 working in the Bahamas alongside Luther Blissett at the annual Premier League Soccer Camp.[6]

He is also working as the Football League's regional youth development officer.

"

Personally the pre/halftime entertainment doesn't appeal to me but...you're never gonna please everyone with a crowd that ranges in age from 5-95. I'd be quite happy to see a topless troupe gyrating on the pitch to some raunchy ol' tunes but obviously old Doris wont feel the same.

Stewart Dennis is an Exeter fan BTW.

Doris is a lesbian, she'll love it.

Reading this thread makes me glad I arrive in the ground right on kick off and leave my seat on about 40 mins to get a beer.

Used to Love Rofe. He'd wind up the away fans and then sing "Oh When The Saints" like a mad old tramp while everyone in the Archers laughed. Bring him back.

Agreed!