Frankie Boyle

thesaint sfc

Obnoxious unfunny ****, or hilarious comedian?

I think Mock the Week has REALLY suffered since he's left. He pushed things too far quite often, but that was still funny. Just shows how PC this country has become getting rid of him IMO. That said I find Jason Manford equally as funny, and he doesn't have to be obnoxious or nasty to anyone to achieve that.

Obnoxious unfunny ****, or hilarious comedian?

I think Mock the Week has REALLY suffered since he's left. He pushed things too far quite often, but that was still funny. Just shows how PC this country has become getting rid of him IMO. That said I find Jason Manford equally as funny, and he doesn't have to be obnoxious or nasty to anyone to achieve that.

Then you are an idiot and you have no right to post about comedy.

Jason Manford's comedy is like the 1970s but without the racism.

He seems to be saying normal things but in a Northern accent; and I don't find Northern accents amusing (at least not in that way) so I don't get the lolzz.

I thought he was hilarious on Mock The Week, although I could hardly ever say it was worth switching channels. I've seen him on various programmes where he does his standup act, and I have to say, I barely chuckled. Some comedians are like that. Very funny in comedy quiz/comment shows, but very unfunny when facing an audience with 10 or 20 minutes to fill.

Hmmmm he basically relies on shock-tactics to get laughs, which isn't particularly intelligent comedy, not that I could do any better. But if you gave me the choice between him and Michael 'point out things that everyone else can see and shake my head like a c*nt' Mcintyre, I'd choose Boyle every time.

Hmmmm he basically relies on shock-tactics to get laughs' date=' which isn't particularly intelligent comedy, not that I could do any better. But if you gave me the choice between him and Michael 'point out things that everyone else can see and shake my head like a c*nt' Mcintyre, I'd choose Boyle every time.[/quote']

I have recently seen Frankie Boyle, Michael Mcintyre and Milton Jones and found them all extremely funny in their own different ways. I like Jason Manfords style am am looking forward to seeing him at The Guildhall in December. I also have tickets for Dara O`Briain, Reginald D Hunter and John Bishop. All funny men.

I can see why people don't like him but he is refreshingly politically incorrect. Mock the week was always gonna go downhill once he left, BBC told him he had to tone down his act which was a bit like inviting Bernard Manning on the show and then telling him to be less racist. .

Is it just me or are the MTW producers trying to get Russell Howard to mimick Boyle's act now?

I have recently seen Frankie Boyle, Michael Mcintyre and Milton Jones and found them all extremely funny in their own different ways. I like Jason Manfords style am am looking forward to seeing him at The Guildhall in December. I also have tickets for Dara O`Briain, Reginald D Hunter and John Bishop. All funny men.

I do love Milton Jones!

I saw Dara O`Briain last week. It was very good, one of the best stand up shows I have seen.

Has anyone seen Tim Minchin live? I watched one of his shows that I had downloaded and thought it was very funny.

I was at university with Frankie. Nice fella, if supremely strange.

Strange in a 'I'll sniff you pants darling, then bury you under my floorboards ' or a 'lick his lips, "do you want some sweeties and a story" kind of a way'?

Read his book thought it was quite funny.

I thought he left Mock the Week because BBC told him to tone it down? After saying something about one of our olympic swimmers. Said something like she looked like someone looking at the back of a spoon, and she and her mates complained about it?

So he said fook that and quit.

I thought he left Mock the Week because BBC told him to tone it down? After saying something about one of our olympic swimmers. Said something like she looked like someone looking at the back of a spoon, and she and her mates complained about it?

Fair point, IMO

Rebecca-Adlington.jpg

He also made a comment about the Queen's vagina being haunted or words to that effect which drew quite a few complaints.

He left MTW because he wanted them to focus on proper news stories and not people like Adlington months after the Olympics had finished, and because the beeb were telling him to tone his act down.

What did the BBC expect?

funny on MTW but ive seen him live at a stand up gig, really poor, the jokes were way OTT at times and the guys in the front row got an absolute tanking. If you need to pick on people of the front row to make people laugh your struggling imo. He just came accross as a horid arse hole.

I like him, he seems to realise it doesn't take that much talent and doesn't take his comedy career that seriously. Has he quit comedy yet? Didn't think he'd do it that long, but I've liked what he's done. But I like that style of humour.

I'm not sure if it's a geographical divide thing, but there are so many northern comics I just don't find funny. Worst of all, Peter Kay. Fair enough, I can barely understand him, but when I do, it isn't funny.

Southern comics (and scottish and irish) are clearly the best.

I wholeheartedly agree. F*ck knows why he's such a popular comedian. Not a comedian, or really in any way related to this thread, but I think Chris Moyles is a c*nt too.

I like him, he seems to realise it doesn't take that much talent and doesn't take his comedy career that seriously. Has he quit comedy yet? Didn't think he'd do it that long, but I've liked what he's done. But I like that style of humour.

I'm not sure if it's a geographical divide thing, but there are so many northern comics I just don't find funny. Worst of all, Peter Kay. Fair enough, I can barely understand him, but when I do, it isn't funny.

Southern comics (and scottish and irish) are clearly the best.

Saw Peter Kay at the Apollo a few years ago and it has to be said, he was bloody funny. Having said that, he has certainly gone off the boil over recent years.

Hmmm, he's OK but I have to say my favourite is Rhod Gilbert :)

Haven`t seen Rhod Gilbert live, although I think that he is in Southampton later this year. People that I have enjoyed seeing live recently are Stewart Francis, Lee Mack and Milton Jones. Worst "comedian" by far was Paddy McGuiness at The Guildhall last year. A very short unfunny act.

Anyone seeing any comedy this year? I was tempted to see Gervais again, but it's too expensive really. I love seeing Dylan Moran, always brilliant.

As I posted earlier on this thread I have tickets for Dara O`Briain, John Bishop, Jason Manford and Reginald D Hunter for later this year. Really looking forward to all of them.

Saw Peter Kay at the Apollo a few years ago and it has to be said, he was bloody funny. Having said that, he has certainly gone off the boil over recent years.

I have the dvd filmed at Bolton Albert Halls, it is one of the funniest things I have seen.

Along with Phoenix nights & Max and Paddy, they are some of my favourite comedy moments.

Agreed about him going off teh boil, needs new material.

He's funny at times, and not funny at other times. Just like all comedians. People say they think one comedian or other is unfunny, but it must be prejudice. All comedians are funny or they wouldn't be comedians. I don't like Billy Connolly, he's not my taste, but some of his material still makes me laugh.

Frankie Boyle is very quick, but I've not seen MTW since he hasn't be on it so I can't judge. I have met Andy Parsons though briefly. It didn't amuse him that I couldn't remember his name...

Saw Stuart Lee in a tiny comedy club a couple of weeks ago.

Top draw - not an easy comedian to watch and you have to put the effort in to get his jokes.

He ripped it out of Russel Howard and Frankie Boyle.

Very very Funny. Popular comedian without having to appear on panel shows all the time.

Having said that I am seeing Boyle in October and do like him.

Steven K Amos is another one. Saw him in Feb.