Franchise [MKDons] Build Up.

Appy

Might as well get things rolling after last night.

Seaborne in for Jaidi for me.

He looked very tired last night.

Will we do the quadruple over them?

Also, a few of their fans seem to think that Puncheon picked up his 10th booking of the season last night, is this true?

Edited by Appy

I'm going, taking my son for his first away game so we better win. Having sat through last nights dire display (my sons first every evening match) I'm execpecting a back lash against the Dons after AP has put a rocket up some arses.

Not bothered about Puncheon first time I've seen him play last night and he was awful. Antonio always does well against the Dons (their left back must hate playing against him) so I'd stick him back in the side. Having beaten them three times already our players really shouldn't be worried about this one. Everyone has a boggey team (ours is Swindon apparently) I reckon we're the Dons. We need as many wins as we can before the end of the season to give us momentum for next season.

Don't judge puncheon just on last night..

He is a class player, as he's shown against Huddersfield and Leeds. Last night he was not allowed the space to operate, and im sure he'll even admit he had a bit of a stinker.

He is still one of our most important attacking players and it will be a blow if he's out.

Not bothered about Puncheon first time I've seen him play last night and he was awful. Antonio always does well against the Dons (their left back must hate playing against him) so I'd stick him back in the side. Having beaten them three times already our players really shouldn't be worried about this one. Everyone has a boggey team (ours is Swindon apparently) I reckon we're the Dons. We need as many wins as we can before the end of the season to give us momentum for next season.

Puncheon has been brilliant in recent home games. Last night he had two and occasionally three Swindon players closing him down every time he got the ball.

When that happens (and it will again) the rest of the team need to step up and exploit the spaces it leaves elsewhere, but last night they were unable to.

People need to stop and think before they post things on here. On the first half match thread, someone said that Puncheon will play for England one day, and various others said that he was having a blinder. On the second half thread, he was being lauded as sh!t. Puncheon has shown in the few games that he's been here that he is a quality player for this level, and he will serve us very well going forward. People have bad games from time to time, it happens.

As for the MK Dons game, we cannot get complacent. I think they'll be looking to exact some sort of revenge on us for knocking them out of the JPT and the team will be desperately looking for a good performance against a big side to take some of the heat off them and to halt their slide down the table. Having said that, MK Dons have failed to impress when i've seen them this season, so if we play half as well as we did against Walsall, Huddersfield and Leeds, we will come away with a good result.

I think we will get beaten 2-1

They will be definitely out to get us and I think they will try to muscle us out of the match.

Its the manner in which we play that matters to me. As long as we work hard and keep the ball on the ground.

It is in the hands of the God of Football but hopefully not the God of Hoofball

I predict a festival of yellow(perhaps red as well) cards. Have you seen how many MK Dons players are on 9 yellows already, must be 4 or 5. Puncheon needs to watch his step as well he's on 9 yellows ; Don't know if he got a 1 match suspension for when he was with them though. If he didn't and gets another one he may be on a 2 match ban.

Don't judge puncheon just on last night..

He is a class player, as he's shown against Huddersfield and Leeds. Last night he was not allowed the space to operate, and im sure he'll even admit he had a bit of a stinker.

He is still one of our most important attacking players and it will be a blow if he's out.

Totally agree, he is quality and will be a key man next season. Leeds fans were seriously singing his praises after last Saturday's game. I can't make midweek home games but I do get to most of the Saturday ones and I assure doubters he is quality.

My concern is Hammond, sounds like yet another poor game. Morgan has been outshining him for a while now. We do lack pace in the centre of the team, bar Fonte, and it does put a lot of pressure on the full-backs and wide players to be on-song.

Pardew has to ring in the changes in preparation for the JPT final - some of the players he will need to play in that havent had a look-in for a couple of months. And if he leaves it to the last minute, we play sh*te in the JPT final and have nothing to show for MLs millions, NC will slaughter him.

I expect us to lose.

Pardew has to ring in the changes in preparation for the JPT final - some of the players he will need to play in that havent had a look-in for a couple of months. And if he leaves it to the last minute, we play sh*te in the JPT final and have nothing to show for MLs millions, NC will slaughter him.

I expect us to lose.

Isn't it only Puncheon & Barnard that can't play in the JPT? Assuming Otsemebor is still injured and Jaidi starts ahead of Seabourne. Can't see Pardew leaving Puncheon & Barnard out tomorrow. Perhaps DC will get 25mins ready for the JPT final.

Either the team will get their act together and perform with a will to win after Tuesday night, or they'll realise we're not in the running for anything now and ease up. I sincerely hope it's the former. Our form at the tail end of this season can sometimes dictate whether we start next season more positively.

It'll be a draw IMO, 1-1.

Totally agree, he is quality and will be a key man next season. Leeds fans were seriously singing his praises after last Saturday's game. I can't make midweek home games but I do get to most of the Saturday ones and I assure doubters he is quality.

My concern is Hammond, sounds like yet another poor game. Morgan has been outshining him for a while now. We do lack pace in the centre of the team, bar Fonte, and it does put a lot of pressure on the full-backs and wide players to be on-song.

Yup, not signing Danns in January, for whatever reason, is IMO the reason we will not put together a real push for the playoffs this season.

Yup, not signing Danns in January, for whatever reason, is IMO the reason we will not put together a real push for the playoffs this season.

Ah yes, the old "if we just had a creative midfielder/midfield general/commanding centre back/winger with pace/target man everything would be solved" arguments.

We always seem to need just that one more player.

Personally, I think we have the players, and now it's about how they work together and turning them into a consistant unit.

Ah yes, the old "if we just had a creative midfielder/midfield general/commanding centre back/winger with pace/target man everything would be solved" arguments.

We always seem to need just that one more player.

Personally, I think we have the players, and now it's about how they work together and turning them into a consistant unit.

Well yeah but buying Rooney couldn't hurt could it;)

All so I thought Danns wasn't interested in playing for us if so it's a moot point really.

They haven't been able to live with us in the three games we've played already this season and 2 of them was with JP playing for them. Why do you think they'll all of a sudden be any more successful with JP playing for us.

Precisely. We've got the beating of them.

I expect us to lose.

Well what a surprise

I suspect you would prefer the word "want"

need to win tomorrow ' date=' for many reason but mainly to stop NC's Fiver offer being a damp squid on for tuesday[/quote']

damp squib, squids are always damp in the nature of things.A kind of firework in it's day although they are probably banned nowadays.

Believe me a squib up a drainpipe caused more amusement to the young and stupid than any modern video game nasty.

Although we won't make the play offs these are not 'maningless' games. We have to keep a winning mentality and see the rest of the season as preparation for our promotion push next season.

Next year we have to go up and we need a top two place.