TDD - Boos, I can clear this up once and for all

Winchester Red

I can clear this up once and for all...... because I was sitting in middle of those booing

The camera was on ML, people cheered, he looked up and saw the camera was on him and gave a big cheesy grin (lovely fella). The camera then moves to NC and he doesn't notice. ML gives him a 'the cameras on you' type nudge, and NC glances up and looks straight down again - that got him the boos. Takes himself very seriously is all.

It was exactly the same as when we sing 'Pardew, give us a wave' - if he waves back he gets a big cheer..... if he doesn't then he gets silence of a good natured boo

Simple as that - mountain..... molehill.....

Now, back to that fantastic win :D

Well I was booing Lord Malwhinney. (?)

If you didn't want to kick this off again, why did you create another thread?

Because it needs putting to bed without people needing to read 100's of posts to see if there wea a good reason or whether it's all bull****.

Simple as that

(in the same way as I couldn't be ars*d to read the whole thing to see if someone else had pointed out what I did :D

(Mods - delete if you like!)

A friend of mine who watched on sky said he could hear no boos, just cheers when the camera went on ML and silence when it went to NC. The commentators highlighted the difference in the 2 reactions as opposed to saying we were booing.

From my block in 543 I heard no boos and just a few muted cheers.

Looks like this one was overplayed.

There was booing of NC as soon as he went on the big screen around block 529

No no. Winchester Red was in the exact right spot to declare without fear of being wrong in any way exactly what happened in all parts of the ground and what was in all peoples minds. Its cleared up now.

A friend of mine who watched on sky said he could hear no boos, just cheers when the camera went on ML and silence when it went to NC. The commentators highlighted the difference in the 2 reactions as opposed to saying we were booing.

I wouldnt be suprised if the silence was because some people didnt recognise Cortese. I know he's been in the press a bit (not much really) but I dont think his face has been plastered about, and he certainly isnt as noticable as Marcus. Some may even have assumed the camera would pan to the Carlisle owner/chairman rather than another Saints representative.

I didnt even hear any booing to be honest.

Yes, but no-one has said "I booed NC" everyone just thinks that it might be aimed in that direction. The fact is that his face was on screen when Lord arseypants was walking onto the pitch.

90% of people around me were looking at the screens and not the pitch, as ML had just been up (cheers) then cut to NC (boos)

It's nice that we're trying to deflect the attention away from the idiots who booed, but some people can categorically say that Cortese was given a bad reception as soon as he came on screen.

We have a small minority of fans who are morons (just like every club). Let's not try and pretend that we're all perfect.

Some people booed Cortese (probably tabloid subscribers), the majority didn't, it didn't ruin the day. Let's move on.

I was in 543 and definitely heard boos when NC came on the screen. Couldn't understand why though.

no-one has said "I booed NC".

This. You'd think if loads of people booed NC one or two of them might admit to it, wouldn't you.

For what it's worth, I heard some booing and wondered who it was aimed at. Then I looked at the pitch and saw the man who pushed through our points deduction, so I figured it was aimed at him.

I can clear this up once and for all...... because I was sitting in middle of those booing

The camera was on ML, people cheered, he looked up and saw the camera was on him and gave a big cheesy grin (lovely fella). The camera then moves to NC and he doesn't notice. ML gives him a 'the cameras on you' type nudge, and NC glances up and looks straight down again - that got him the boos. Takes himself very seriously is all.

It was exactly the same as when we sing 'Pardew, give us a wave' - if he waves back he gets a big cheer..... if he doesn't then he gets silence of a good natured boo

Simple as that - mountain..... molehill.....

Now, back to that fantastic win :D

How long have you been at this mind reading business?

Could we have a poll please?

- I booed NC because I don't like him

- I booed NC because he didn't wave when he was on the big screen

- I booed Lord Mawhinney's appearance on the pitch (which just happened to be as NC appeared on the big screen)

- I booed Carlisle fans for ending the Mexican wave

- I booed for none of the above reasons

- I didn't boo

That should just about clear things up once and for all! :D

Could we have a poll please?

- I booed NC because I don't like him

- I booed NC because he didn't wave when he was on the big screen

- I booed Lord Mawhinney's appearance on the pitch (which just happened to be as NC appeared on the big screen)

- I booed Carlisle fans for ending the Mexican wave

- I booed for none of the above reasons

- I didn't boo

That should just about clear things up once and for all! :D

How about :

- Please no more threads on this very trivial point !

Well I was booing Lord Malwhinney.

Me too

If you didn't want to kick this off again, why did you create another thread?

Quite - done to death.

Boo Lord Mal whinney! Boo! Doesn't care about footy at real clubs at all. Not just penalty at Saints, but lots of other clibs that really need FA help, and they just shaft them

BOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord Mawhinney did not walk onto the pitch at the exact five second moment Cortese was on the big screen. Christ almighty.

Mawhinney got booed when his name was called out. Not before, not after.

Cortese got booed (a lot fewer boos mind) when he came on the big screen just seconds after people cheering Markus when he was on the screen.

Or were those cheering Markus really cheering Lord Mawhinney, because the two noises were seconds apart?

I know this is fuc king with people's heads, but the two occurances of booing happened at different times.

Lord Mawhinney did not walk onto the pitch at the exact five second moment Cortese was on the big screen. Christ almighty.

Mawhinney got booed when his name was called out. Not before, not after.

Cortese got booed (a lot fewer boos mind) when he came on the big screen just seconds after people cheering Markus when he was on the screen.

Or were those cheering Markus really cheering Lord Mawhinney, because the two noises were seconds apart?

I know this is fuc king with people's heads, but the two occurances of booing happened at different times.

can you explain that again please

It's nice that we're trying to deflect the attention away from the idiots who booed, but some people can categorically say that Cortese was given a bad reception as soon as he came on screen.

We have a small minority of fans who are morons (just like every club). Let's not try and pretend that we're all perfect.

Some people booed Cortese (probably tabloid subscribers), the majority didn't, it didn't ruin the day. Let's move on.

I was more interested in the exchange of words/hug between AP and NC at the end to be honest. Nothing to do with press reports but I wasn't 100% convinced Cortese really backed Pardew but there seemed something genuine about that exchange which made me think I was wrong, I hope so. Really nice to see the beaming smile on the face of Markus, boy we are so lucky to have him !

what u idiots who boo NC have got to remember is that NC made ML buy the club, so respect him for that, if there was no NC there would be no ML making there be no SFC. what do u booing fools want, rupert lowe back? get real. these guys have the club at heart and they wanna take us to the premier league. and i for one would like to see saints back in the top flight. remember how bad things were after 2003 and now start to be grateful for NC and dont believe cr*p in the papers.

No no. Winchester Red was in the exact right spot to declare without fear of being wrong in any way exactly what happened in all parts of the ground and what was in all peoples minds. Its cleared up now.

LOL! Such is Winchester Red's arrogance it deserves a muted boo.......

Cortese was booed in blocks 120-123 and only has himself to blame for his badly timed and worded press releases. I have no doubt in the man's business ability but most would consider it churlish to suggest we have not achieved as much as Charlton or Noriwch and probably more given where we started. MLT on TalkSport after the game made some well made points so much so that perhaps he may have joined in with a murmured boo?

Mawhinney, the Mexican Wave and all things Carlisle are all red herrings. The Mexican Wave was about 60 minutes afterwards anyway! Cortese got a small wake up call, that is all and needs to take that into inconsideration when he starts outlining us as the English Barcelons and with the long term stability of a top 6 Premiership club.

Has anybody told him our turn out for finals and major games never matches our turn out for more hum drum games so in the face of some poor PR where is the revenue going to come from? Or will he now retract his comments and publicly back Pardew or was the post presentation hug some recognition of the boos? Or was he still doing the Mexican Wave and slipped?

Who knows except the majority of Saints fan are at best unreliable witnesses or unable to see or hear the reality as normal. Its no big deal so why deny it and we all know why he was booed - a trophy for seeing off competition from 47 teams that in general were very mediocre, doesn't detract from his comments or Pardew's significant acheivements. Cortese to me looked like an embarrassed outsider against the clearly elated Liebherr. The only person I saw looking more sheepish was Crouch followed by the mawkish looking McMenemy. See you at the Orient game men?

All in all a very enjoyable day.