Celtic after Lallana

RoundHill-Saint

Don't forget, only Thrush has the powers to work out that other clubs may want to buy our better players in the same way that we may want to buy other clubs better players.

We'd be lost without his knowledge.

You are just being abusive for the sake of it - I actually am in agreement with you !

It's in the Scottish Sun, so not worth giving it the time of day.

If he is getting carried away with the rumours, tell him to give Surman a call.

He`s not that stupid plus he probably hasn`t even seen or even heard about the speculation,as i said happy to carry on playing week in week out for Southampton.

I think you are completely whacko if you see Celtic as a good career move for Lallana.

For once Alpine, I am in complete agreement with you. Here's the article if anyone wants to read it

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2921494/Land-Lalla.html

(Sorry to the OP - hadn't realised that the link was already there!!)

Edited by Gorgiesaint
Still half asleep

why is it dramatic ? All I have done is commented on the bigger picture.

No you didn't your too narrow minded to see the bigger picture. IF you did see the bigger picture you would understand that we have improved, are now one of best teams in league & that confidence had a major role to play in why we haven't got there as results in first 12 games let us down.

It has passed the writer of this article by that we are now in a financially sound position and have absolutely no need to sell players. This means that we can ask a price for any of our players that most clubs, except the wealthiest, would baulk at. Even the wealthiest would still have some notion of the value they attach and will only continue if they accept that they are paying over the odds. The only real determinant is whether the player wants to go. I doubt if we would keep anyone against their will - but we wouldn't let them go cheap. Celtic can't afford Lallana and I don't believe that he wants to go anyway. I don't really detect any wanderlust on the part other players either.

Based on what I witnessed yesterday Llallana, whilst skilfull and a huge talent for the future, is too lightweight. He needs to build his strength as he was knocked off the ball too easily yesterday. Until then he should stay put.

Certainly not the SPL - thats an absolute joke of a league.

Frankly, if they did offer 2m quid for him I'd bite their arm off. Not that its going to happen obviously.

I think we have to give 25% of whatever we get for him to Bournemouth anyway. We shall no doubt learn his attitude towards the whole affair when

contract talks commence as he just has 1 year left on his present one.

different case, Williams was sold by McMenemy in a fit of pique for some dressing room row or other.

Also he had just got into the England team and probably had his head turned by those from "bigger" clubs.

Happened to Mark Wright as well.

Lallana is not going anywhere. He wants and needs at least another season of regular football, not warming a bench. He has a year and a bit left of his contract and it would not suprise me if he was not offerred a new and better one in the close season.

He is happy here.

I am glad that you are not one of our negotiators. No doubt you would have sold Kenwynne Jones for 500k

No, I always rated Kenwyne and thought we sold him cheaply. He hasn't really set the world alight in the Premiership though.

Not been much this season obviously.

I just think 2m is way more than he's worth - he's a third division player and I know he's quite good but seriously. Think what we paid for Hammond, Fonte and Lambert. There are very few clubs with money to spend at the minute and I can't see anyone forking out 2m for him. To my knowledge its a very long time since anyone from this division went for that sort of money.

I just think 2m is way more than he's worth - he's a third division player and I know he's quite good but seriously. Think what we paid for Hammond, Fonte and Lambert. There are very few clubs with money to spend at the minute and I can't see anyone forking out 2m for him. To my knowledge its a very long time since anyone from this division went for that sort of money.

Fabien Delph - £8m wasn't it last summer?

It's in the Scottish Sun, so not worth giving it the time of day.

If he is getting carried away with the rumours, tell him to give Surman a call.

Really? When I lived up that way it was always, "ach... Kris Boyd... aye" every day.

You won't replace a player like him for £2m. So why would we sell him for that? Lallana is worth three Hammonds in my view. How many goals has Hammond crafted/scored for us?

Surely the manager would tell the chairman which players he wanted. If so, why would Celtic be interested in Lallana when they've not appointed a replacement for Tony Mowbray yet.

in this crazy world of modern football...sometimes clubs will still buy talent with or without a manager

We signed Lambert from Bristol Rovers and to them 1.2m is a massive amount, I doubt they will sell another player for 1m+ for a while. Fonte was from a club in admin so they don't have much clout in transfer dealings. Hammond isn't even in the same class as Lallana, players like Hammond are ten a penny compared to Lallana.

Has Durham had any Celtic fans bite yet?

Not yet, too busy talking about Barca-Arsenal.

Either that or the Celtic fans are still trying to read this mornings Sun.

Joke for you all from up here - What does a Celtic fan do when his team beats Barcelona - Switches off his playstation & goes back to bed with his sister. Feel free to insert Pompey & Milan!!

lol

First Celtic fan phones up but wants to talk about Newcastle. Durham asked him and he just said well of course its better. Durham asked him to convince him, and he just went I'd rather talk about the point I'd phoned about. Durham just went ok - so you can't convince me that Celtic are better than Saints!!