Ricardo Vaz Te

RoundHill-Saint

A tall 23 year year old striker/winger with 60 games in the Premiership and a former Portuguese Under 21 that could be a mate for Fonte and backup for Lambert and you say "no thanks". We are in League One remember and Vaz Te would be a great signing.

58 appearances 3 goals?

78 appearances 6 goals according to somewhere else I looked. Probably worth a trial though.

He only started 11 league games for Bolton.

As I said before most of his appearances were coming on as sub and it is hard to make an impact in the scoring charts and the actual time he spent on the pitch is much less than you suggest.

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,1004~27950,00.html

At this level i would take him, although, a renewed bid for Antonio is more likely IMO.

Reading are skint, just got off the phone to my mate, apparantly they are trying to get a load of fans to put money in to buy zurab kizinishvili(sp?) as they can't afford him.

lets buy gilfi sigurdsson as well whilst we are at it ;)

He's a very pacey winger. I'd take him actually, he'd a good job. Was very highly rated when he first started playing regularly for Bolton.

Point is though,that he has never played regularly for Bolton.

Why that is no idea,injury,less talent than they thought - he was highly rated when he first joined them- or perhaps he is just too skilfull for them as they prefer cloggers.

Saw him in a few games for Bolton, at times looked like he could develop into a decent player in the Prem but then other times flattered to deceive and ultimately didn't live up to the promise.

Dropping down a league or two and playing regularly could kickstart his career, definitely worth a look at least.

I'd take him like a shot. When I saw him he looked excellent. Genuine pace and decent on the ball. Two divisions lower he'll score goals IMO. I thought we might loan him whilst in the CCC. Yes please.

Was tipped as 'one for the future' when he first came onto the scene with Bolton but hasn't lived up to the hype.

Still, he could be worth having a look at despite his injury problems, although I'd rather we looked at alternative options.

At this level i would take him, although, a renewed bid for Antonio is more likely IMO.

Reading are skint, just got off the phone to my mate, apparantly they are trying to get a load of fans to put money in to buy zurab kizinishvili(sp?) as they can't afford him.

lets buy gilfi sigurdsson as well whilst we are at it ;)

And Simon Church too

Would prefer Antonio to Vaz Te anyday...

Antonio has all the attributes to develop into a very decent player - And I have watched him get better and better as the weeks go by. Has a decent finish on him too..

Vaz Te has fallen off the radar rather and I don't ever recall him being that good ( Premiership or not).

Anyone that played Championship Manager 03-04 would fuel this rumour - he grew into a very good striker. Sadly life isn't like CM/FM, otherwise Brett Ormerod would have gone on to play for England and be the best striker in the world.

Perhaps worth a look, no more so than any other free agent though - the Bolton stats aren't too impressive. Would also prefer Antonio to come back - yes he's a known entity, but we all know his potential, and on a freebie would be a great bit of business.

I think we're more likely to be in the market for proven lower Prem / CCC Playoff standard players rather than never-was kids, we're still trying to get rid of enough of them...

If he's 23 and hasn't got a kick for Bolton in the Prem for about 3 years he's a massive gamble at best. As others have said, may as well sign Antonio or Waigo if that's the alternative, better the devil you know.