1st game of the season predictions.

bjk

Bournemouth at home 3-1, with them scoring first.

We seemed to like that result last season ;-)

Absolutely zero chance of us playing Bournemouth home or away on the first game of the season.

Then again, our dear old football intelligence officer is not that intelligent... he was at Southampton Airport yesterday looking for Saints fans flying to South Africe. :lol:

Tranmere Away 0-0

Certain posters make the main board a no-go-zone for non-wrist slitters for a week. The rest of us enjoy the sun, relax with beers and BBQ's and recognise that it's not the start we wanted, but equally it's not a disastrous result.

Absolutely zero chance of us playing Bournemouth home or away on the first game of the season.

Then again, our dear old football intelligence officer is not that intelligent... he was at Southampton Airport yesterday looking for Saints fans flying to South Africe. :lol:

makes sense, fly somewhere else in europe and then on to South Africa rather than out of one of the main airports.

So they have the brains to avoid Gatwick or Heathrow but instead fly out from their local Airport?!

If they had brains they'd ferry to Eire, then fly to somewhere like Amsterdam or Paris for a connecting flight. But then had they brains they wouldn't have a banning order in the first place.

Franchise FC away. We have to listen to a week of that Nob-head assistant-turned manager telling the world that he has us all worked out and we were so lucky to beat them 4 times last season, etc etc.

0-4 Saints. Lambert 2 Hammond and as yet, unknown signing.

Saints Vs. Bournemouth, 25k crowd

Us losing 1-0 at half time to the chants of 'Scummers' and 'We're gonna walk this league' and 'We're going to Saints Mary's' from the Bournemouth faithful

Fulltime 6-1

to the chants of 'Scummers' and 'The ref was biased against us' from the 6 of the Bournemouth faithful, the other having left after the score got to 4-1 at 52 minutes.

Lambert 2, Antonio 1, Barnard 1, Llalana 2

As long as it's a home match I'll be happy. off on holiday the next day so would like to go having seen the first win of the season.

Seperate question - what records do you think Saints could break this year? Most wins in a season, most points, most goals scored, most goal scorers, best goal difference? Not sure what our club records are for those stats but we must have a great chance of beating some of them.

Franchise FC away. We have to listen to a week of that Nob-head assistant-turned manager telling the world that he has us all worked out and we were so lucky to beat them 4 times last season, etc etc.

0-4 Saints. Lambert 2 Hammond and as yet, unknown signing.

I would like that one in the spring coinciding with our promotion weekend. We could take as many fans as we'd like. I'm reminiscing over Fulham, Luton and Orient away in 1978 and would appreciate similar days out. Thank you.

I saw that on the news made me giggle too.....

Oldham at home

We win 8-0 after Oldham going down to 7 men , after the half time team talk from Paul Dickov.

Errr??...... With Oldham going down to 7 men does than not mean that the game is abandoned and we have to replay the game??

Dagenham & Redbridge away we lose 2-1 thanks to 2 shocking refereeing decisions giving them penalties in added time. The second of which is saved 4 times after Kelvin is judged to have moved before the ball was struck; all this despite each of the last 4 attempts being shot straight at him with no power. Saints look very dimly on this and both Pardew and Cortese's post match comments get them into such hot water with the FL that despite Saints winning the next 10 games at a canter building up a goal difference of +49 we are deducted 30 points to teach them both a lesson, with a further 10 points suspended but applied should any of our players get booked before Christmas just for questioning the ability of the Football League to run the game after the -30 was applied.

Would probably top the night after we lost to Palace 4-1 on the opening day.

I'm going for a 0-1 loss against Colchester.

Followed by a week of blame and reprisals on this forum.

(in advance of this calamitous event, I'll refer people to Norwich's first game last season and leave it at that).

We'll lose 7-1 to Colchester, then turn our season around.

No wait, that was Norwich.

I would like the toughest possible test away as our first game - whatever happens we can put it to the back of our minds.

Sheffield Wednesday or the like, away, and we'll draw. 3-3.