Response from club re: Installment Plans

StuRomseySaint

He is obviously the intelligent one then.

He runs on the pitch, Saints announce they will ban anyone who ran on the pitch... so he splashes himself all over the Echo and chucks his name in their just incase Saints haven't caught up with him yet.

:lol:

What a 'tard.

Ooh. A "Saints Chairman is uniquely evil in the whole of football" post. We havent had one of those for over a year.

Rather than doing your normal sarcastic sh!te, listen to the post.

No other chairman in the country treats season tickets with such contempt.

Are they all wrong and Cortese is right? Is that what you are saying?

still going on..

what next in your plans to over turn this..?

Are you still going on DullDays?

Still commenting on a subject which not only you have no interest in, as someone who does not have a season ticket holder, it doesn't even affect you.

Oh...

has not stopped you going on about people going to jail...unless, you are one of them...

again, for the benefit of others..what are you going to do about it...seeing as you so passionately disagree with what is going on..

No. Im waiting for the prize fight you set up between Lowe and Cortese for the unified world title of 'Meanest Footie Chairman who treats fans with most contempt....ever'. Perhaps you could lay on the buffet and sell bus tickets to the venue, on instalments obviously. Thanks Stu, you are what being a real fan is all about.

Ooh. A "Saints Chairman is uniquely evil in the whole of football" post. We havent had one of those for over a year.

Are you 12 years old or just being deliberately obtuse? I find it hard to believe that you are as stupid as you seem.

If you are none of those could you please explain how Corteses' policy on season tickets encourages more people to renew.

Are you 12 years old or just being deliberately obtuse? I find it hard to believe that you are as stupid as you seem.

If you are none of those could you please explain how Corteses' policy on season tickets encourages more people to renew.

It doesn't. For what its worth I think its a mistake not to have an instalment plan, the costs of which should be set so that it neither costs the club money nor makes additional profit out of fans. The problem I have is with one person pretending 1. The vast majority of club schemes arent a loan agreement designed to wring more money out 2. Cortese is somehow as bad as the other worst ever chairman - Lowe.

I have no idea why there isnt a scheme - but Im damn sure its much more likely to be because of either ****up, or a reasoned decision for valid reasons we havent been told - not some stupid greed or conspiracy plot.

Edited by buctootim

No. Im waiting for the prize fight you set up between Lowe and Cortese for the unified world title of 'Meanest Footie Chairman who treats fans with most contempt....ever'. Perhaps you could lay on the buffet and sell bus tickets to the venue, on instalments obviously. Thanks Stu, you are what being a real fan is all about.

Don't dodge a very simple question.

Every club in the land has installments for season tickets* and every club in the land pro-actively tries to sell these season tickets.... apart from Southampton.

Are you suggesting that Cortese knows something that Man Utd, Spurs etc etc and every single club in the Championship apart from Doncaster don't know?

If so please can you explain your reasoning for this rather than avoiding the question. I am genuinely interested to know your thoughts.

Don't dodge a very simple question.

Every club in the land has installments for season tickets* and every club in the land pro-actively tries to sell these season tickets.... apart from Southampton.

Are you suggesting that Cortese knows something that Man Utd, Spurs etc etc and every single club in the Championship apart from Doncaster don't know?

If so please can you explain your reasoning for this rather than avoiding the question. I am genuinely interested to know your thoughts.

See post 211. It answers your questions.

It doesn't. For what its worth I think its a mistake not to have an instalment plan, the costs of which should be set so that it neither costs the club money nor makes additional profit out of fans. The problem I have is with one person pretending 1. The vast majority of club schemes arent a loan agreement designed to wring more money out 2. Cortese is somehow as bad as the other worst ever chairman - Lowe.

I have no idea why there isnt a scheme - but Im damn sure its much more likely to be because of either ****up, or a reasoned decision for valid reasons we havent been told - not some stupid greed or conspiracy plot.

They said it was due to costs. Which was a lie.

They didn't even approach Zebra of Premium. This is a FACT

If there was a geniune reason, they could have told us rather than lie? Don't you think?

If there was a geniune reason, they could have told us rather than lie? Don't you think?

I dont know it was a lie, and Im not sure you do. It may well have been down to costs - for the club, for the fans or both. Since both Zebra and Premium are widely used in football Im sure the club already know what the costs of each scheme would be.

The fact that you disagree with the decision doesnt make it a lie.

Edited by buctootim

I dont know it was a lie, and Im not sure you do. It may well have been down to costs - for the club, for the fans or both. Since both Zebra and Premium are widely used in football Im sure the club already know what the costs of each scheme would be.

There is no set cost. Every plan is completely bespoke... there is no 'book' cost, the clubs cannot guess what the costs are without at least approaching Zebra and Premium, because they are not available in the public domain.

The have not approached Zebra, they told me that on the phone and they have not approached Premium, who confirmed that to me by email.

Not sure what more proof you need really?

There is no set cost. Every plan is completely bespoke... there is no 'book' cost, the clubs cannot guess what the costs are without at least approaching Zebra and Premium, because they are not available in the public domain.

The have not approached Zebra, they told me that on the phone and they have not approached Premium, who confirmed that to me by email.

Not sure what more proof you need really?

Id imagine, since Saints are one of the few clubs to not use either company - that sales from both have approached the club on more than one occasion. If you have proposal docs, Im sure the club do too.

Id imagine, since Saints are one of the few clubs to not use either company - that sales from both have approached the club on more than one occasion. If you have proposal docs, Im sure the club do too.

No... you're not listening, both Premium and Zebra told me they have not spoken to SFC about running an installment plan this season.

I admire your resistance to the truth though, you are a true super Saints fan. xx

No... you're not listening, both Premium and Zebra told me they have not spoken to SFC about running an installment plan this season.

I admire your resistance to the truth though, you are a true super Saints fan. xx

stu..what are your plans then...what are you doing to right this wrong..?

Ask both Zebra and Premium whether there has been any contact between them and the club in the past two years. If the answer is still 'no' - then clearly I wont believe you - but I do promise to stop posting on your thread xx.

Neither have been approached to run an installment plan for the 2010/2011 season. There wasn't the time last year. So there... they haven't been approached. Could it be any clearer? I don't know if you didnt realise, but our new owners have only been here for 11 months.

Doubt it.

They did a zero interest scheme administered by themselves, right? That is incredible. What a deal! Of course it came with associated admin costs. If you believe that by not doing it you won't see a decrease in ticket revenue then you would be mad to continue it. Clearly the club feels that is the case. That is why they have made this decision. When they talk about not offering the scheme because of costs they are clearly bang on. If a sizeable proportion of our ST holders used it then I doubt they would have cancelled it.

Who has access to the relevant figures? SFC or StuRetardSaint?

Yes, they could approach some third party finance provider. You claim that has no cost. I find this very unlikely. Of course it has costs - if not direct charges made by the finance company then associated administration and management time. Anyway, they are not beholden to fans to offer this. If fans want to buy a season ticket using third party debt finance they are perfectly at liberty to do so.

Our STs are tremendous value. If you don't want to go to 14 or more games then don't get one. If you want one but can't afford one then tough luck. Add it to the list.

Clearly a commercial decision has been made. You won't know if it was the right one until you see the financials at the end of the season. You might never see them, so you might never know. Now go and find something else to do.

Neither have been approached to run an installment plan for the 2010/2011 season. There wasn't the time last year. So there... they haven't been approached. Could it be any clearer? I don't know if you didnt realise, but our new owners have only been here for 11 months.

And David Luker. Has he only been here for 11 months, or does Cortese run the ticketing operation himself now? Maybe, just maybe Cortese takes advice from the Heads of his departments.

Edited by buctootim

Doubt it.

They did a zero interest scheme administered by themselves, right? That is incredible. What a deal! Of course it came with associated admin costs. If you believe that by not doing it you won't see a decrease in ticket revenue then you would be mad to continue it. Clearly the club feels that is the case. That is why they have made this decision. When they talk about not offering the scheme because of costs they are clearly bang on. If a sizeable proportion of our ST holders used it then I doubt they would have cancelled it.

Yes, they could approach some third party finance provider. You claim that has no cost. I find this very unlikely. Of course it has costs - if not direct charges made by the finance company then associated administration and management time. Anyway, they are not beholden to fans to offer this. If fans want to buy a season ticket using third party debt finance they are perfectly at liberty to do so.

Our STs are tremendous value. If you don't want to go to 14 or more games then don't get one. If you want one but can't afford one then tough luck. Add it to the list.

Clearly a commercial decision has been made. You won't know if it was the right one until you see the financials at the end of the season. You might never see them, so you might never know. Now go and find something else to do.

Oof! Hit the nail on the head though. The whole 3rd party things appears to be a smokescreen to draw out having a pop at the club. Most people agree that the loss of the instalment option is not nice for those it has effected. But neither is it the biggest conspiracy the footballing world has ever seen. Club in looking to maximise matchday revenue shocker!

Doubt it.

You think announcing Season Ticket details 3 months late, removing a payment option without giving any prewarning, then demanding up front payment in 28 days time is the right way to treat the most loyal supporters?

how was it 3 months late when we all thought we could bloody well go up...

and how was it 28 days to pay up..?

if you are going to have a pop then dont make crap up..

They could easliy have announced prices dependent on what league we were in and told us in January that there was no installments.

I don't know the exact date they announced the details but I'm pretty sure it was early June and the deadline to renew is Weds so 28 days is not far out if it's wrong.

Try to engage your brain before you start thumping your stumpy fat fingers down on the keyboard in future.

They could easliy have announced prices dependent on what league we were in and told us in January that there was no installments.

I don't know the exact date they announced the details but I'm pretty sure it was early June and the deadline to renew is Weds so 28 days is not far out if it's wrong.

Try to engage your brain before you start thumping your stumpy fat fingers down on the keyboard in future.

your first point...never seen that before...other clubs dont do this (stu likes them examples)

ahhh..so we are talking about renewing.....still able to get a ST long after the 28th june (more like a few days after)

maybe you should try engaging your brain and calm down..

your first point...never seen that before...other clubs dont do this (stu likes them examples)

ahhh..so we are talking about renewing.....still able to get a ST long after the 28th june (more like a few days after)

maybe you should try engaging your brain and calm down..

You don;'t even have a Season Ticket so your opinion counts for nothing anyway.

And you are a c@ck.

And David Luker. Has he only been here for 11 months, or does Cortese run the ticketing operation himself now?

I very much doubt that David Luker had anything to do with the pricing and structure of the tickets. Reason? Because someone of Lukers skills and experience ( he is one of the best in his game at his job ) would not have made such a schoolboy error as to try and encourage people to buy tickets in advance, yet make it cheaper for them to buy on the day.

Also, the last time SFC would have had the need for any contact with Premium/ Zebra would have been around January 2008. Do you think that any half decent business would assume the same costs are applicable, or do you think that seeing as it's more than 2 years ago since they last got a quote, that they might go back to these people and get another quote, even if to see if the market has changed?

There is half a dozen or so of you on here... Nick G, Dulldays Matthew Le God, yourself and a few others who are just arguing for the sake of arguing, you're not really adding anything to the debate, you cannot honestly tell me that it's because of the high administration costs when every other similar sized club in the country has a scheme... even ones in administration like P*mpey and Palace... who really do need to cut their cloth.

I would not even think about stating things which are not the truth, because the club would not think twice about taking legal action against me ( as they have threatened to do against certain individuals and organisations for things as tedious as 'using the club crest' on independant websites etc etc... I can promise you on my childrens life, there is no cost to a payment plan, I am certain of this... so whatever reason the club have pulled it, it's not cost.

All of the other events, the late announcement, the 30 renewal period, the removal of half-season tickets, the removal of payment plan, the complete lack of press and media advertising and coverage on their website... it all points to the club not wanting to have season ticket holders and trying to get as much revenue on a match by match basis. They certainly are not that bothered about having season ticket holders, that is clear to see and I do not know how anyone can say any different ( maybe that makes me sound arrogant, and maybe it's more obvious to me because I work in sales and have worked in marketing/advertising and membership sales )

I think this thread and all the others are going round and round in cirles now, with the Cortese 6 determined to fight to the bitter end. I think I have made my point enough times for me to be able to come back on and say " I told you so " though...

Also, if I was you... I would question why people like Steve Grant, Nick Illingsworth, Darren W etc all seem to be making hints that all is not well... remembering that all of them are alot more ITK than us to be able to make their judgements on the situation.

Anyway, I will request this locked now as we are going round in circles, and as DullDays stated, there's not alot we can do about it now...

and how was it 28 days to pay up..?

If you want the renewal price then you only had until the end of the month otherwise the price goes up. Mine would have risen from £277 to £382 a rise of 38%.

Fine if you are buying just one perhaps but not if you're a family with multiple.

It's this lack of notice regarding the withdrawal of the payment plans that really irks. I know people with kids who simply can't afford to renew without the plan that they used for the last few years and can't access the ready cash before the renewal deadline.

If you want the renewal price then you only had until the end of the month otherwise the price goes up. Mine would have risen from £277 to £382 a rise of 38%.

Fine if you are buying just one perhaps but not if you're a family with multiple.

It's this lack of notice regarding the withdrawal of the payment plans that really irks. I know people with kids who simply can't afford to renew without the plan that they used for the last few years and can't access the ready cash before the renewal deadline.

I agree..the lack of notice was daft..and stupid...

but to say they should have posted ST prices in march when it looked quite good for going up....is a silly pop at the club...

but to say they should have posted ST prices in march when it looked quite good for going up....is a silly pop at the club...

It's not as if publishing ST prices in March is such a hugely innovative step though is it? As a club we've done it plenty of times before. We were massively late in announcing our prices, I believe the 23rd team in our league to do it, which made the news of the scrapping of the installment plan all the more mystifying and frustrating for many.

Or they could have done what Colchester did, and given 2 sets of prices depending which league they were in.

I didn't want to get embroiled in this but I need a few questions answered that don't seem to have been answered elsewhere.

• SRS you say that the Payment plan by Zebra finance (and I assume the other one, Premium??) is free to the club, if that is the case then they would need to charge the fans a premium.

So what is the total price of a ticket (including interest/admin fees) for a fan if the club went down the 'free' route say on a Adult Wings/Goals renewal of £328

I notice that on the Zebra site that, out of the first 10 club crests I clicked on, 9 of them say something along the line of "Both options are for a 5/10 Month Interest Bearing Finance", The only club giving an interest free option (whether this is over both the 5 and 10 months options is unclear) is Portsmouth

• Secondly, if the club were feeling gregarious and decided to bear the cost of the Payment Plan so that the fans wouldn't have to pay any interest, how much would/does Zebra charge the club to run the plan for them?

• Can you clarify an earlier post in which you stated that Zebra don't pay the club the whole amount for the Season tickets up front but over 4 staged payments!

Also can you confirm that if you applied for a Zebra/ANOther finance you'd have to be credit checked. So if you can't get a credit card you might not get a Zebra finance (or if you do it would be at vastly exaggerated interest rates)

Thanks awfully

I don't see how it can be free to the club to do this. If it really is, it must be costing someone.

But assuming you are right and it is free, why would the club then stop doing it? What is there to gain other than reducing costs?

Forcing fans to buy tickets on a match by match basis means the club get more cash per ticket as our ticket prices are quite high, especially when you add on the new booking fee.

I don't get the issue with the finance either, if you pay by installments you should expect to pay a bit more - that's how Lowe originally had it set up, it's quite easy to do and is obviously cost effective as it had run for years and virtually all other clubs do it.

If we have a good start the club might profit from what Cortese has done because SMS will probably be packed out regardless. But even if that's the case I think the way it has been handled is disgusting. I certainly will spend as little as possible on anything SFC if this is their attitude.

Forcing fans to buy tickets on a match by match basis means the club get more cash per ticket as our ticket prices are quite high, especially when you add on the new booking fee.

I don't get the issue with the finance either, if you pay by installments you should expect to pay a bit more - that's how Lowe originally had it set up, it's quite easy to do and is obviously cost effective as it had run for years and virtually all other clubs do it.

If we have a good start the club might profit from what Cortese has done because SMS will probably be packed out regardless. But even if that's the case I think the way it has been handled is disgusting. I certainly will spend as little as possible on anything SFC if this is their attitude.

but the club would know that there is a lot of games that are not appetising and so fans may not turn up for those games and so counter productive

Pretty sure Swindon announced their season ticket renewal prices depending on which league they'd be in, and we did the same in the 06/07 season when we were unsure if we'd go up. It's easy enough to announce both prices early.

Stu, I have always been an installment payer for my seat ever since we moved to St Marys,and I applaud you campaigning and standing up for the Saints fans that have been affected by the short renewal time issued by the club. Unfortunately it seems most on here are arguing with you because they have a personal issue with you rather than agreeing what the club did was harsh.

Stu, I have always been an installment payer for my seat ever since we moved to St Marys,and I applaud you campaigning and standing up for the Saints fans that have been affected by the short renewal time issued by the club. Unfortunately it seems most on here are arguing with you because they have a personal issue with you rather than agreeing what the club did was harsh.

I agree. Respect to Stu.

Unfortunately a small but determined number of 'so-called' Saints fans on this forum don't care about the issue other than to disrupt and sabotage.

Will we ever be a united fanbase?

I agree. Respect to Stu.

Unfortunately a small but determined number of 'so-called' Saints fans on this forum don't care about the issue other than to disrupt and sabotage.

Will we ever be a united fanbase?

I agree. There are one or two people, namely Matthew Le God and Nick who should have been told to wind their necks in by the moderators.

Although it doesn't affect me, I fully understand why some people might feel very agrieved about having a benefit removed with no warning which has now prevented them from getting a season ticket.

I do not understand for one minute why there are people like DellDays, who admits to not having a season ticket nor living in the area, can have such an objection for the people who have suffered wanting a change of heart from the club.

These are people just happy to come online and shout the odds... generally people like Nick, Matthew Le God, Dune, Delldays, Wiltshire Saints who have no opinion in the real world, they have nobody who respects their opinion nor listens to them, so the only way they can get anyone to listen to their opinions is logging into a forum and disagreeing with anything that might be deemed controversial and desperately try and shout their opinions louder than anyone else. Nick G's childish obsession with trying to make SRS look foolish is a prime example of this.

Nick G, does it really give you satisfaction coming on a forum and having such an obsession with one poster on here? The only person that looks foolish is yourself, you need to get out and speak to some people, join a club, go down the pub, go on a date. You come across as someone with serious personal issues and very childish ( you act 12 but I imagine you are about 40? )

It's a sad state of affairs that people have probably felt inclined not to stick up for the people on this thread who are questioning the club about a blatant disregard towards the supporters. The harsh reality is that the club would have looked on this thread, and others, and because of the very few but determined people determined to disrupt and sabotage, may have got the view that it is only a couple of people who are upset/affected by the removal of the installment plan, which could have played a part in them not to do anything.

Edited by Dave Benson Phillips

Read the chronology of it.

Most, including me agreed with Stu's general point.

However, he does make things up at times and when corrected resorts to calling others c*nts.

My response to his 12 year old in play ground pm was to try to agree common ground and suggest we are boring others and should move on.

He is not man enough to deal in proper debate.

Fair enough Nick.

But if you agree with Stu's general point and you concede that is the consensus of most posters why has this thread degenerated in the usual playground antics?

The whole point has been lost in a sea of mud-slinging.

Therefore I ask again....... Will we ever be a united fanbase?

Years of factions and in-fighting has conditioned certain people into a confrontational mindset where they will argue a position without having belief in it to the extent that their posturing negates the value of the original argument.

All IMHO of course.

Fair enough Nick.

But if you agree with Stu's general point and you concede that is the consensus of most posters why has this thread degenerated in the usual playground antics?

The whole point has been lost in a sea of mud-slinging.

Years of factions and in-fighting has conditioned certain people into a confrontational mindset where they will argue a position without having belief in it to the extent that their posturing negates the value of the original argument.

All IMHO of course.

we will never have a united fan base as fans find it impossibel to agree on most things....at this club, it seems almost tradition to debate everything that goes on behind the scenes...even which tea lady is employed is hottly debated on here..?

then again...only a small, minute section of SFC support that get "outraged" on here...

stu..what are your plans then...what are you doing to right this wrong..?
to be fair to him he is raising awareness of this crAP decision and he has discovered an alternative and made the club aware, what more do you want? Or are you just fishing for some sort of protest reply?

Not while Cortese continues to make unethical business decisions. That said I think most are united in thinking the withdrawal of the installment plan and the Ryanairesque booking tax are wrong.

Not while Cortese continues to make unethical business decisions. That said I think most are united in thinking the withdrawal of the installment plan and the Ryanairesque booking tax are wrong.

What on earth are you talking about? Unethical?!

What on earth are you talking about? Unethical?!

It's not ethical to introduce a booking fee of £3 in the same way as it's not ethical to charge customers to use the toilet on an aeroplane. When you buy a ticket for a football match that should be it - you buy a ticket. The wthdrawal of the installment plan was unethical because it contravened the fans charter and was done with no notice given. If the club had announced in January that there would be no installment plan available that would have been reasonable, but to show utter contempt for fans by withdrawing the scheme like they did was wrong.

It's all the inflated, and often offensive language and the conspiracy theories that **** me off. Who knows even if it was NC's decision alone, given ML's aversion to expensive borrowings? Perhaps the thinking was along these lines:

- are there many people who use the installment plans? NO

- are there costs involved? YES *Note: whether to the purchaser and/or the club

- are these specialist schemes cheap? NO

- are there cheaper ways of getting credit? YES * authorised overdraft, credit card, cheap bank loan, piggy bank, rellies

- given the above will that leave many people exposed? NO

- do we want to sell a product to people who can't really afford it using expensive third party providers NO

Should they have given people more warning of the withdrawal of the facility so they could organise their own affairs? YES