"Guly" Signing Confirmed

Nexstar

awesome. not a big fan of nicknames being used on football shirts but that's not really a big issue :lol:, hope this turns out to be a great signing.

the following is so great to read, so strange that good players are talking like this about us:

I was looking forward to what was going to be a very exciting season playing in Serie A, and although there was interest in me from other Serie A clubs, as soon as I heard Southampton were interested I knew that I had to come here.

"I have always wanted to play in England and at the highest possible level. The Chairman sold me his vision for where this Club is going and I wanted to be a part of that and help take this Club through the divisions."

Interesting it is a 5 month loan. Maybe being Brazilian there are question marks whether he can adapt to lower league English football. Could be the player we need when playing at St Mary's and opposition playing with 10 men behind the ball. Not sure if he would be the right player on a cold Tuesday night at Hartlepool.

or maybe question marks over whether we'll be on track or promotion by then.

let's hope both are unfounded.

Is his nickname pronounced "Gooley" or "Gully" ???

Also, if it is only a 5 month loan is there a risk we could lose him like we did antonio? Can we claim him for definate if we want him after 5 months?

Article says we have the option to sign him permanently in the January window, so it sounds like a very good low-risk deal.

welcome Guly, the youtube video looks promising. I'll hold my excitment a bit though. I remember how excited people where about Papa last year followed by less excitment when he hadn't scored six goals in two matches. Hopefully he can can adapt to league one football on a cold tuesday night and turn out to be that sort of spark player we need when things need shaking up a bit.

Interesting it is a 5 month loan. Maybe being Brazilian there are question marks whether he can adapt to lower league English football. Could be the player we need when playing at St Mary's and opposition playing with 10 men behind the ball. Not sure if he would be the right player on a cold Tuesday night at Hartlepool.

Lucky we're playing Hartlepool away on a Saturday afternoon. Cold Tuesday night in...i am learning to hate this saying.

This! (which doesn't make sense as the quote didn't work for some reason :p)

Against Plymouth and Orient's packed defensive midfields Morgan and Hammond struggled in the centre leaving the burden of attacking on Lallana and Puncheon (who as noted wasn't having the best of days).

I'd like to see someing like

Davis
Butterfield  Fonte   Jaidi      Harding
               Schinderlinn
Puncheon   Guly   Lallana    Dickson
                  Lambert

Quality signing on the face of it. As stated above just depends how he adapts to english life and a winter in the English lower leagues. Not sure who will be dropped for him, my choice would be Puncheon, but will be interesting to see. Anyone know if he will be playing tomorrow night?