Saints 2 - 0 Cherries - Post match reaction

Baj

I'm off to Egypt tonight a very happy man. Well done. Season starts here.... maybe.

Season started at Shefffield IMHO.

2-0, 7 from 9 positive GD now.

Would have been great to see goals from open play, but I'm sure that will come.

Happier days are here again!

2-0. An excellent performance, from what I could hear while cooking all afternoon. Here's hoping this really gets the team underway for the season. Come On You Saints.

This'll be my last post on The Saints Web. I'm leaving after 10 years of Keith Legg/Saints Forever/The Saints Web. Wishing you all the best of success and luck. Cheers.

2-0. An excellent performance, from what I could hear while cooking all afternoon. Here's hoping this really gets the team underway for the season. Come On You Saints.

This'll be my last post on The Saints Web. I'm leaving after 10 years of Keith Legg/Saints Forever/The Saints Web. Wishing you all the best of success and luck. Cheers.

More positives from today!

Sorry to see you go. Best wishes!

Seemed like we kept the ball really well.

I just want to add:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha Bournemouth. You blue-rinsing, deluded, chip-on-shoulder fantasists. Feck off back to Dorset and I hope you implode, with only Marc Jackson returning to save you and install that much anticiptated Monkey chicken petting zoo.

*** EDIT*** Bizarre... appears there is some gracious Cherries fans on Solent :S

Edited by Crab Lungs

Why?

Don't do it ... 3 posts a day such keep you going surely.

St Landrew can't reply to tell us why he's leaving... or else that previous post wouldn't have been his last post... so if someone else could shed some light.

Best of luck St L.

Good result today. Don't know much about the match, was watching the golf

The bornmuff fans broke through the divide in the northam concourse swinging their fists and spouting "scum" all over the shop, then when outside broke through the police barrier again, hurling "Scum". I actually feel sorry for them.

Meanwhile .... Presumably the police will have arrested 100 Saints fans for rattling fences and lobbing bottle tops at 30 yards.

Were the Bomo geriatics and youth kept in afterwards or both lots let out at once ...... lightening striking twice ... surely not.

A good win agreed , but without 2 pens would we have won , Lambert looks terrible . Our overall passing and possession was 1st class. But infront of goal the keeper made 1 save in the first half nothing else to do .

Barnard was great full of energy but with a lack lustre partner he was a one man show up front .

Hopefully we can push on from here v Tranmere , how many games do you give Lambert with performances like that week in week out .

Once i managed to get to the game, then find a spare seat after someone had nicked mine, then it was quite a good afternoon....

I felt we controlled about 80% of the game, but we got a little shaky in the last 15mins as they came onto us a bit...but that's the only time i really felt worried, we were in control other than that.

We didn't create as many clear cut chances as we can, but we still scored goals and i don't really care how we get them - as long as we win the game! I liked the way we kept the ball, we passed it around well and had them chasing shadows at some points. It was great to see Lallana start and i thought he was brilliant for about 60 or so mins, then obviously he tired as you'd expect. The same happened with Lambo, i thought he was back to his form of last season at times - his hold up play in and around the box and his ability to bring players into the game was coming to the fore again - and we will always create problems for the oppo when he plays like that.

Bournemouth huffed and puffed but i was a little surprised by them, i thought they'd have been more of a threat but our defence was on top of its game. Fonte was back to his best and Seaborne continues to impress this season, i thought he was very assured. - and Harding also had his best game for us this season IMO.

All in all a good win, we can probably play better than that but the league table is getting really tight now - and another win next weekend could paint a different picture on our chances this season.

My first game under NA. A lot better. More shape, playing out from the back, players supporting each other. The first performance this season where our players looked a better class than the opposition. Just need a bit more of last seasons form from Lambert and we should rise through the league pretty quickly.

The Managers thoughts on game: Adkins said we should of scored several in first 15 minutes but then Howe reckons we didn't create anything. I wasn't at game so couldn't say which manager's thoughts were more accurate. I will side with Adkins though as Howe probably had bit of sour grapes syndrom.

thats a shame good luck in whatever you do,

The Managers thoughts on game: Adkins said we should of scored several in first 15 minutes but then Howe reckons we didn't create anything. I wasn't at game so couldn't say which manager's thoughts were more accurate. I will side with Adkins though as Howe probably had bit of sour grapes syndrom.

A bit in between really. Barnard could and maybe should have scored on 3 minutes. Lambert has a header from a corner which just missed, maybe should have done better. A few other half chances here and there, Puncheon called back for an earlier foul to us when clean through (but debatable as their defender seemed to be slowing up anyway so Punch might not have got in). Also Lambert's free kick towards the end which the keeper pushed away, but seemed a bit like one for the cameras.

We dominated the game; yes we needed pens to win it but after the 2-0 lead we stopped really going for it and consolidated the victory. A good professional performance. Apart from inside the first minute Bournemouth did aboslutely nothing at all.

MOTM: Barnard, such a brilliant outlet, tireless running and always looked a threat if we could just get him in. When Lambert finally shifts some bulk and gets back to last season's form those two will cause havoc.

A bit in between really. Barnard could and maybe should have scored on 3 minutes. Lambert has a header from a corner which just missed, maybe should have done better. A few other half chances here and there, Puncheon called back for an earlier foul to us when clean through (but debatable as their defender seemed to be slowing up anyway so Punch might not have got in). Also Lambert's free kick towards the end which the keeper pushed away, but seemed a bit like one for the cameras.

We dominated the game; yes we needed pens to win it but after the 2-0 lead we stopped really going for it and consolidated the victory. A good professional performance. Apart from inside the first minute Bournemouth did aboslutely nothing at all.

MOTM: Barnard, such a brilliant outlet, tireless running and always looked a threat if we could just get him in. When Lambert finally shifts aome bulk and gets back to last season's form those two will cause havoc.

By all accounts Adkins was leading the applause as he made his way off the pitch. Nice to see.