Flag issue - New design needed!

JustMike

Nice, I agree with everyone else that we don't need the badge. Makes it look a little amateurish otherwise. We know we're Saints.

As we're planning on keeping this flag and taking it for years to come (we are, aren't we?) I also think that removing the "Thank you" would be a good idea... I think we need to take a leaf out of Liverpools book and remember that the simpler the better. Had a quick play with the one above...

saintmarkus.jpg

Like That alot. ^^^ Just think it's a bit too much of a pinky red. Needs to be darker IMO.

liebherrwide.jpg

Another little go, still sh*t.

Edited by saintscottofthenortham

liebherrwide.jpg

Another little go, still sh*t.

It's good, but it's too complex for a flag. By the time it's been blown up to flag sized and waved around by thousands of fans, the crest in the background will be all distorted. Would be pretty good without the crest IMO.

With the badge removed.

16jrn0w.jpg

This, however FOREVER A SAINT will do, No Saint Markus, No Thank You, No Badge, No nothing else. As already mentioned, and God knows why, but the scallys get it right every time. SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE.

EVERYTHING ELSE SUGGESTED ON HERE HONESTLY LOOKS FREAKIN AWFUL. SORRY, APPRECIATE YOUR TIME AND EFFORT BUT IF IN THIS DAY AND AGE OF IMAGE IMAGE IMAGE, IT WOULD BE QUITE FRANKLY EMBARRASSING TO HAVE ANYTHING ELSE OTHER THAN THE MOST SIMPLISTIC OF DESIGNS WITH THE MOST SIMPLE OF MESSAGES

This, however FOREVER A SAINT will do, No Saint Markus, No Thank You, No Badge, No nothing else. As already mentioned, and God knows why, but the scallys get it right every time. SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE.

EVERYTHING ELSE SUGGESTED ON HERE HONESTLY LOOKS FREAKIN AWFUL. SORRY, APPRECIATE YOUR TIME AND EFFORT BUT IF IN THIS DAY AND AGE OF IMAGE IMAGE IMAGE, IT WOULD BE QUITE FRANKLY EMBARRASSING TO HAVE ANYTHING ELSE OTHER THAN THE MOST SIMPLISTIC OF DESIGNS WITH THE MOST SIMPLE OF MESSAGES

Absolutely agree. This image with the text 'Forever a Saint'.

This.

FFS get a professional to do it.

These p1sspoor home made efforts are an embarrassment :facepalm:

The design we use will be done professionally but need to give them an idea of what it will look like. Unless you want to pay for a graphic designer

Mike I do hope the size has been really been thought about. it has to be carried and also if the crowd is not as big as sometimes it will look pretty alame as it gets handled from row to row

is for the first game of the season..?

if so, im sure it will be a big crowd...always is with leeds in town

Any good?

OA-R8_hKLkB7M40FuJSan2EA_45FRp3hB9FaDMLyzwrMBxHgbwhznpl4x4ldRqSpbTGe_y_an7BzXbauIpmkxqKvGA=s512

This is by FAR the best design so far. The selective black tinting on eyes and that little bit emphasising his smile (captures his personality well) and behind the kneck and shirt are exactly right as are the proportions of the white stripes. The caption is well balanced, and the black outlining makes up for the well balanced type being smaller than some of the garish other designs on here and will stand out ok on the large flag. Just needs the red background stretching either side to fit the format.

Go for this.

25fkh01.jpg

We have a winner. I believe the below might be the next step..?

One of the biggest problems will be that there's not going to be a photo of Markus in existence with an adequate resolution for printing straight onto a flag. If somebody could step up to the bat and draw a grayscale or black and white vector version based on one of the photos we'd be cooking with gas.

25fkh01.jpg

If noone's got an issue with this one, can we not go with this one? Time is of the essence! We just need someone to do a black/white vector version of the picture (ie. simplify it so it's not as grainy in places) and we're almost good to go! I suppose the only debate from then is whether we go for portrait with FOREVER A SAINT in one line across the top or, if we do go for landscape, whether to have the FOREVER A SAINT in three lines or two (ie. the A SAINT in one line below forever)..

I think agboola's design is great, but I really, really wouldn't want us to have a "cartoon-style" image of Markus.

The blending of two or three of the others, especially The Kraken's suggestion, is my favourite choice.

Anyway, is it worth running some sort of poll for a couple of days due to the diversity of opinion?

I think agboola's design is great, but I really, really wouldn't want us to have a "cartoon-style" image of Markus.

The blending of two or three of the others, especially The Kraken's suggestion, is my favourite choice.

Anyway, is it worth running some sort of poll for a couple of days due to the diversity of opinion?

I have ordered a smaller (6' x 3') version of the combination of yours and The Krakens (dont worry, I am paying for it and not the fund). Mainly because I like it and will use it for away games etc but will also give us a better idea of what it's going to look like on a flag

I have ordered a smaller (6' x 3') version of the combination of yours and The Krakens (dont worry, I am paying for it and not the fund). Mainly because I like it and will use it for away games etc but will also give us a better idea of what it's going to look like on a flag

I'm not sure exactly what time constraints you're on Mike, but I'm sure everybody would far rather a bit more time was taken to get the right design, than have a slightly rushed one due to the Liebherr tournament.

I'm not sure exactly what time constraints you're on Mike, but I'm sure everybody would far rather a bit more time was taken to get the right design, than have a slightly rushed one due to the Liebherr tournament.

i havent ordered the big one.

What we have seen from both this thread, the facebook page and previous threads is that we will all never agree but the general consensus is that its a combination of 2 designs that the majority seem to like.

agreed

How about this?

tumblr_lmzu55kf0y1qk4lgro1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1308499722&Signature=egm0takRHFoBVBWjwM2VMG6cyRw%3D

Like this one alot: has him waving with the scarf which is pretty iconic, though would be nicer in a darker red (as used by the other designs) and a higher res and could probably drop the liebherr and just keep 'forever a saint' in larger type.