Ryan Smith

Dazza82

Don't suppose they are taking Pulis as well are they ?

And if they need a GK then there's always Tommy Nofingers. Although underestimated on here I recall reading that Tottenham did not really want to let him go.

This just goes to prove that if you have a good enough agent and "Arsenal Youth Team" on your CV there will always be opportunities no matter how one-footed and shart you are.

Doesn't say much for MLS either.

Ryan Smith - one of many players that the great minds of Saintsweb have written off, yet given a different time, place, age, manager, formation, position, morale, fitness, application etc. can turn out to be half decent.

Yes, Pulis may be crap, but this doesn't prove the rule. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. But I suppose it's far easier to be smart ass keyboard warrior than play professional football.

Ryan Smith - one of many players that the great minds of Saintsweb have written off, yet given a different time, place, age, manager, formation, position, morale, fitness, application etc. can turn out to be half decent.

Yes, Pulis may be crap, but this doesn't prove the rule. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. But I suppose it's far easier to be smart ass keyboard warrior than play professional football.

I know a crap, lightweight, embarrassingly one footed player when I see one. AND I've been paid to play football, FWIW.

The Poolis thing was an illustration that just because we're no longer watching Smith make Neil McCann's legacy at Saints look glowing, it doesn't mean he's turned into a better player. If anything, as his strengths, were he to have any, would be agility and pace, he'll probably have lost some of that with injury and age.

Which is not to say he couldn't have spent every second of the last 4 years working on using his other foot, and then he might be worth a game in League Two.

I am amused that he's leaving MLS to be nearer his family, but apparently a TRIAL at Zaragoza is as near as he can get, despite there being around 100 professional clubs in the country his family is actually located in. He was a teammate of ex-Zaragoza player Jermaine Pennant's at Arsenal I presume, and that's somehow how that offer came up.

One of the worst players i have ever seen in a Saints shirt in the last 30+ years. And i have seen some rubbish in that time.

Utter drivel, hogwash and horse spit.

the term gutless appears to not have been used by anyone on here, so I want to add that into the mix as that was my biggest gripe about him. He showed absolutely no desire whatsoever other than to flash his shiny boots when he got the ball. The ability to stand and watch as an opponent goes for a dropping ball are not assets I want any of my players to display on a regular basis. If he is going to Spain then he is displaying similar levels of desire to actually be close to his family.

the term gutless appears to not have been used by anyone on here, so I want to add that into the mix as that was my biggest gripe about him. He showed absolutely no desire whatsoever other than to flash his shiny boots when he got the ball. The ability to stand and watch as an opponent goes for a dropping ball are not assets I want any of my players to display on a regular basis. If he is going to Spain then he is displaying similar levels of desire to actually be close to his family.

This.

Remember one of many woefull displays away at Birmingham when Saints might as well have played with ten men he was that bad. Bottled out of tackles, gave ball away constantly and the game just passed him by. I can put up with less talented players who put in some effort playing for Saints but not wasters like Smith who didn't show any effort/commitment/desire etc

However he did have "world class skills" according to Wotte.

That list of excuses for a sh*t player is way too short.

I think that the nickname 'Bambi' summed him up perfectly !

'A lightweight creature that skips around with no real purpose'

The first time that some big hairy Spanish full back puts in a sliding tackle he'll be on the next plane home !!

I think that the nickname 'Bambi' summed him up perfectly !

'A lightweight creature that skips around with no real purpose'

The first time that some big hairy Spanish full back puts in a sliding tackle he'll be on the next plane home !!

They actually slide tackle in Spain?! I thought football was pretty much a non-contact sport over there by now - tackle = falling down = foul

Ah I see the classic "worst player to pull on a shirt" has made an appearance, how often that comes to bite the arse that speaks it?! Kenwyne Jones is the highest profile recipient I remember but there are others too.

Look, Ryan Smith might be crap (I've mentally blocked that period when the whole team was ropey), but my point stands, given a different time, place or circumstance, players can be better than they appear.

But if you don't think that the majority of Saintsweb forum members are reactionary jihadists, then I guess you're part of the problem.

Saw Pulis playing as a trialist for Aldershot on Saturday.

Funnily enough, Aldershot are playing Stoke in a friendly soon. Love how his old man has to do a club a favour in order to get his son a game!

Aldershot's manager Dean Holdsworth also happens to be Newport County's previous manager, and he set up Stoke's friendly with Newport which is happening on Saturday, Tony Pulis being a Newport boy and all... On Sunday Stoke are actually playing the Welsh League side who I was playing against when their left back scythed me knee-high from behind and wrecked my ligaments, so I kind of hope Stoke absolutely batter them.

As Newport County are my other team, I am desperately hoping that young Anthony doesn't pitch up at home for a trial as well, because I don't think he'd offer much to a top half Conference side.

From Millwall's reserves to Zaragoza, not a bad effort!

Agreed Colin. There are always the inevitable lists of the "ones that got away" but someone has to make a decision at the time and

to be fair the team we had at the time he was on loan was pretty poor and no-one looked very good. No wonder we didn't sign him .

Good luck to him.