Should Brighton be investigated for Saturdays game ?

alpine_saint

Perhaps we should also investigate Saints for "gifting" Reading promotion? Or Leeds for deliberately having someone sent off at Reading so they would lose? Or Blackpool for losing at home to West Ham, or Birmingham for giving away a last minute penalty at West Ham?

We should investigate the skates for the 2 wonder goals they scored against us. They've never done that twice in a game before. Doping?

The West Ham v Brighton game was 'just one of those days'.

Just like when we won 6-0 at Molineaux. Everything we hit went in. It happens. There's no conspiracy.

I have answered this twice already. But for the benefit of the illiterate.........

Yes, it is a possibility, because they would have had NO chance in the playoffs.

Your OP stated that the playoffs are a lottery, so how come Brighton have NO chance in the playoffs?

No you haven't. You've conveniently brushed a side Brightons pay off chances as it wouldn't have suited your utterly stupid argument.

Erm yes I did. On another thread. Poyet would get Brighton up for us with spite like Appleton managed with Pompey, then lose to likes of Brum or Blackpool because of the lack of quality in his team.

And yes, I have brushed Brightons play-off chances aside because they aren very good. But they arent a 6-0 to Wham team, imo.

Alpine, I think I speak for everyone who reads this forum when I say the sooner they ban your negative drivel the better. As for Brighton beating saints in the playoffs, we would beat them easily. The only team that would worry me are Blackpool.

What an arrogant post. Claiming to speak for everyone, then claiming we would beat Brighton easily considering that they tw*tted us 3-0 at their place.

Erm yes I did. On another thread. Poyet would get Brighton up for us with spite like Appleton managed with Pompey, then lose to likes of Brum or Blackpool because of the lack of quality in his team.

And yes, I have brushed Brightons play-off chances aside because they aren very good. But they arent a 6-0 to Wham team, imo.

Right. Think I've got. So Brighton threw the game against West Ham because they know they are not good enough to win the play-off's and would gain more satisfaction in seeing us miss out on auto promotion.

Yet Brighton ARE good enough to beat us should they ever meet us in the play off's but wouldn't stand a chance against anyone else in the final as they are not good enough for that.

But they are not so bad as to lose 6-0 to West Ham away as they are too good for that.

Right. Think I've got. So Brighton threw the game against West Ham because they know they are not good enough to win the play-off's and would gain more satisfaction in seeing us miss out on auto promotion.

Yet Brighton ARE good enough to beat us should they ever meet us in the play off's but wouldn't stand a chance against anyone else in the final as they are not good enough for that.

But they are not so bad as to lose 6-0 to West Ham away as they are too good for that.

Wow, there is a brain behind that abnormally thick forehead.

Nah, they're just crap, which is why any half decent team take them apart at home. As we did, as WHU did etc.

They didn't look bothered because they knew the game was up inside 7 minuites.

Right, so they didnt want the playoffs desperately to start with then. I thought they had this massive, burning desire to get to the playoffs and be promoted, that totally precludes any consideration of a bung ???

Sorry, have I captured something incorrectly?

No, it was a good effort. The only thing I would take issue with is "Brighton good enough to beat us". They are not. But, if we meet them in the first playoff round having just f**ked up auto promotion following 8-odd months at the top of the table, we wont be in a fit state of mind to play anywhere near to our potential and so they WILL win. I said they would beat us, not that they are better than us.

Right, so they didnt want the playoffs desperately to start with then. I thought they had this massive, burning desire to get to the playoffs and be promoted, that totally precludes any consideration of a bung ???

Well they probably did, but West Ham's start was so fast that they were caught unawares and by the time they got a grip of it they were 3-0 down. They didn't throw the game, they were just **** in the first 10 mins and were outclassed by West Ham's out of the blocks start.

Brighton are like quite a few teams in this league, always in with a small chance of getting a playoff place but when they get to the crunch they're never quite good enough.

No, it was a good effort. The only thing I would take issue with is "Brighton good enough to beat us". They are not. But, if we meet them in the first playoff round having just f**ked up auto promotion following 8-odd months at the top of the table, we wont be in a fit state of mind to play anywhere near to our potential and so they WILL win. I said they would beat us, not that they are better than us.

How you have audacity to call someone else thick when you sit there argueing about the semantics of how eveyone is supposed to understand exactly what you are thinking in your weird little brain is beyond me.

I think a cheeseburger has travelled through your vascular system and has settled on your brain causing confusion, paranoia and the inability to see logic through your own stupid arguments.

Keep digging though for the entertainment of everyone else

How you have audacity to call someone else thick when you sit there argueing about the semantics of how eveyone is supposed to understand exactly what you are thinking in your weird little brain is beyond me.

I think a cheeseburger has travelled through your vascular system and has settled on your brain causing confusion, paranoia and the inability to see logic through your own stupid arguments.

Keep digging though for the entertainment of everyone else

I was happy to elaborate on my opinion. Perhaps if you had described my efforts as something less than an "utterly stupid argument", you might have conversely received a more respectful response.

Alpine you mention them dicking us but forget we lost rl to

A red card. They scored 3 when we were down to 10. As for this argument any side can get thrashed, west ham have some very good players who when they all 'gel' can kill sides with their direct approach. One of the reasons they drew games was from not putting away chances. That. 6-0 had been coming for ages! I was going to ask are you actually a saints fan because you have no faith no belief and

All you ever do is moan when you never go to games. You post as if you're a season ticket holder, yet your level of

Knowledge only goes so far as basic knee jerk reaction. Every match thread is littered with you moaning and saying. "f****** useless". If Southampton don't win you complain and post horribly negative comments, you never put saints down to win in big games. It's a good thing you can't attend matches because as Nigel says so often we need people on the bus and the fans behind the team, the only thing you're behind is your negative agenda to make others share your pessimistic miserable outlook.

Yes, yes, but try to explain WHY it is stupid - or cant you and you can only resort to abuse ?

If you really need an explanation then i pity you.

So you HONESTLY believe poyet said to his players.." ok we've got a good chance of making the play offs but i don't think we can win them, tell you what lets lose against west ham to **** off southampton"

you complete freak

Cast your mind back to 1978 when Saints and Spurs allegedly colluded to achieve a 0-0 draw which meant both sides automatically went up and depriving (on goal difference) guess who. Yep you've guessed it Brighton. I remember it well and there were allegations from B and HA fans that we had deliberately not gone for a win. I saw the game and it was a strange affair because we could have won the title with a victory and yet apart from a Tony Funnell shot which hit a post, we did not look interested. Pay back time?

No, and anyone who seriously believes that is as big a freak as alpine

Nope. Just the GK and the guy who scored the OG.

Really, the uproar the possibility of corruption in our game on here is somewhat bemusing.

How do you know it would just need to be the GK and the guy who scored the OG when you openly admit you haven't even seen the highlights?

I have no problem with accepting the possibility of corruption in our game, I'm sure it does go on somewhere, but the example you have constructed is utterly ridiculous.

If you really need an explanation then i pity you.

So you HONESTLY believe poyet said to his players.." ok we've got a good chance of making the play offs but i don't think we can win them, tell you what lets lose against west ham to **** off southampton"

you complete freak

I don't agree with him, but that is NOT what he is saying. He's saying money exchanged hands, not that they did it out of a petty grudge.

Yes, not knowing what happens to incomplete PL parachute payment schemes is a clincally identified ground for mental health treatment on the NHS or sectioning under the Mental Health Act .

And people say I need help :rolleyes:

An increasing number, certainly.I pity those around you having to endure your endless negativity, the atmosphere must be a cross between a funeral parlour and a morgue!

Not sure how "no chance in the play offs" equate to Alps saying they will definitely get to Wembley because they will definitely beat us. Isn't that quite a good chance in the play offs?

In your head they've got a bye to Wembley?

But why ? Seriously ?

The English game is largely foregin-owned with foreign money flowing into it, the players and managers are largely foreign, there is a huge amount of money in foreign TV rights, and imo the FA and PL do not exactly shroud themselves in a mantle of morality nowadays. There was an article in one of the Sundays talking about the UK has sold itself off to foreginers to make money out of the British people - why is this not the case with football ?

Saying "we are English, we do things differently here" isnt for me a good enough argument to discount the possibility.

Seeing as your argument is pretty much, well there's no proof it didn't happen. I would think maybe a bit more evidence is necessary. As you said yourself, you didn't even watch the game.

So you are basing this on what exactly? It might have?

Also, how can the Play-Offs be a 'lottery' & Brighton still have 'no chance'? Are you one of these people who splits his sides when a former convict wins the lottery? Forgetting that it is a 'lottery' and that therein ANYONE can win?

I bet allardyce is on the phone to ferguson as we speak, offering a large cash bonus for a posh win.

How did you know that ???

It was supposed to be a private line

More to the point, I'd be AMAZED if Sam HADN'T spoken to Dunc about it ...... " make sure you bang a few in and I'll have a word with your dad about you loaning three or four of United's finest young ones for next season "

How did you know that ???

It was supposed to be a private line

More to the point, I'd be AMAZED if Sam HADN'T spoken to Dunc about it ...... " make sure you bang a few in and I'll have a word with your dad about you loaning three or four of United's finest young ones for next season "

As if Fergie Snr cares one jot about us and Hammers.

Of course match fixing goes on in our top leagues, there are too many unexplained actions for it not to be true. Apart from Grobbelar there was that match at Everton that they won 3-2. Their third goal went under the keeper who takes his hand away at the last minute. Of course I can't prove it, but I was at Coventry when Bruce punched the ball into his own net.

I have only seen the 'highlights' of the West Ham - Brighton game but one team wasn't trying very hard.

So, just clocked this on the Barnard thread. That you not making sense again?

One rule for one thread, another for another?

I was talking about sentencing, FFS. I actually have no idea if he is innocent or guilty of the offence. The OP said he didnt expect a custodial sentence. The judge decides the sentence.

Of course match fixing goes on in our top leagues, there are too many unexplained actions for it not to be true. Apart from Grobbelar there was that match at Everton that they won 3-2. Their third goal went under the keeper who takes his hand away at the last minute. Of course I can't prove it, but I was at Coventry when Bruce punched the ball into his own net.

I have only seen the 'highlights' of the West Ham - Brighton game but one team wasn't trying very hard.

Hans Segers, Wimbledon ?

Is Alpine a creation by the owners of Saints Web to increase their site traffic? They know as soon as he starts another ludicrous thread that the forum will suddenly jump into life and it won't take long to reach at least 3 pages.

As far as I'm concerned the whole idea of this thread is just so ludicrous it's untrue. Maybe it would have made more sense if Alpine had suggested match fixing linked to illegal far eastern bookmakers as a team are clearly never going to throw a game just to annoy another on the faint hope that they might not get promoted even though they are still favourites to do so with 3 games to go.

Seeing as your argument is pretty much, well there's no proof it didn't happen. I would think maybe a bit more evidence is necessary. As you said yourself, you didn't even watch the game.

So you are basing this on what exactly? It might have?

Jesus Christ, can people read nowadays ?

At least have the courtesy of reading the f**king OP before laying into someone.

Sorry Alpine. I was trying hard not to take the p!ss, as I do enjoy your posts, (really) but this did make me chuckle. I have several mates that watched the game think as you do, that Brighton 'rolled over'. I don't think this happens here, Italy perhaps. Wet Sham were just too good for Gus. Admit the defending was dire.

Alpine, I think I speak for everyone who reads this forum when I say the sooner they ban your negative drivel the better. As for Brighton beating saints in the playoffs, we would beat them easily. The only team that would worry me are Blackpool.

Clearly you don't if Norms message is anything to go by.

Not sure why everyone is giving Alpine s hit I think after the horrible run of results this weekend is very nice of Alpine to start a joke thread to cheer us all up. This thread has cheered me up no end:lol::D

The absolutely ear-steaming outrage that this sheer notion has caused is really quite shocking.

Is there some sort of refusal to consider the possibility because it means we as SFC fans and our clubs have all been made monkeys uncles out of the situation or something ?

Up to 90 MILLION pounds windfall rides on being promoted. If you all want to deny that there is absolutely no chance that with such money at stake someone doesnt try to increase the odds of their interested party, you are totally naiive and bonkers.

The days of cucumber sandwiches on the village pavillion at tea during an Sunday afteroon cricket match in modern-day sport is GONE. Its all about MONEY.

I am aware this will fan the flames, but I spoke to a Brighton ST holder at work this morning, who went to the game. He said Gus picked the wrong team, packing the midfield and playing one up front. He said as soon as the team was read out, he turned to his mate and said they'd lose. They picked their smallest striker as the loan front man, played someone at right back who had been out with injury for 4 months, where he thought the guy that had been filling in (a loanee) had been playing ok in the meantime. He went on to say that they had no "out ball" as a result as everything kept coming back and that when Brighton fed the ball out to the full backs from the keeper, they were closed down really fast.

He said that, together with the keeper having a mare, gave them little chance.

Seriously.

I havent seen it, but I've picked up on a few comments about just how bad it was.

I know Wham must have been pumped up after Friday's defeat for us, but even that doesnt explain the scoreline, imo.

People can argue that Brighton still had a chance of a play-off place, but how often does 6th place win the playoffs ? Everyone knows how much of a lottery it is, which is why we are so desperate to avoid it.

And quite frankly, I trust Poyet about as far as I can throw him. With my little finger.

If it was thrown, the evidence must be out there somewhere, and if it EVER got traced back to Wham, I would throw them out of the League for good, after the Tevez business.

*cue lunatic comments, because of course it NEVER happens.....*

You seem to have forgotten that Brighton are Sh1te

Seriously.

I havent seen it, but I've picked up on a few comments about just how bad it was.

I know Wham must have been pumped up after Friday's defeat for us, but even that doesnt explain the scoreline, imo.

People can argue that Brighton still had a chance of a play-off place, but how often does 6th place win the playoffs ? Everyone knows how much of a lottery it is, which is why we are so desperate to avoid it.

And quite frankly, I trust Poyet about as far as I can throw him. With my little finger.

If it was thrown, the evidence must be out there somewhere, and if it EVER got traced back to Wham, I would throw them out of the League for good, after the Tevez business.

*cue lunatic comments, because of course it NEVER happens.....*

Agreed re: Poyet, but really? They've got previous for being gash in April remember - they we dreadful for the last 6 weeks of last season too. Obviously they decided losing at home to Reading did for them and Poyet's a terrible manager who can't motivate.

These are the kind of mental paranoid posts that we hear about from KUMB and laugh at them for being so bonkers.

I am aware this will fan the flames, but I spoke to a Brighton ST holder at work this morning, who went to the game. He said Gus picked the wrong team, packing the midfield and playing one up front. He said as soon as the team was read out, he turned to his mate and said they'd lose. They picked their smallest striker as the loan front man, played someone at right back who had been out with injury for 4 months, where he thought the guy that had been filling in (a loanee) had been playing ok in the meantime. He went on to say that they had no "out ball" as a result as everything kept coming back and that when Brighton fed the ball out to the full backs from the keeper, they were closed down really fast.

He said that, together with the keeper having a mare, gave them little chance.

I dont know how the game went because I didnt see it. I will check the answer to the question I am about to ask in a minute.

Question: seeing as how utterly tits up it was going, and taking your post into account, how soon Did Poyet CHANGE the team with substitutions to try to get the game back on the rails and therefore try to save his play offs campaign ?