Billy Sharp

teacher

Sharp isn't good enough for the Prem, QUOTE]

easily said but to judge someone on the basis of 2 sub.apps ...after that appalling start to the season is a bit harsh..he certainly wasn't the worst performer at that time, and now that we have a bit of a goal drought, he must surely be worth another chance for a few weeks......?

NA said on Solent after the game that he is on loan there til the end of the season and we will look at it then.

He said Sharp is a good player and its good he is scoring goals but that he probably wouldnt have had enough game time here.

He has obviously seen him at very close quarters in training etc and from this interview it was pretty clear Sharp won't be back this season.

Its easy to be sentimental but as a couple have said his first touch and awareness and allround game isnt good enough for the league we are in.

Sharp really doesn't have the pace for the top flight imo. I know Lambert doesn't either, but he does offer more all round.

He's a totally different sort of player, he is a 6 yard box goal poacher. He won't be any good to us in games where we don't get a lot of Possesion or need him as an outlet but what he is ideal for is when we are chasing a game and need a goal, as a sub. In all honesty to do think he'd have made less of an impact than Mayuka and Rodriguez have so far in their time here?

He's a totally different sort of player, he is a 6 yard box goal poacher. He won't be any good to us in games where we don't get a lot of Possesion or need him as an outlet but what he is ideal for is when we are chasing a game and need a goal, as a sub. In all honesty to do think he'd have made less of an impact than Mayuka and Rodriguez have so far in their time here?

Probably

if Billy was good enough we wouldn't have let him go out on loan.

Correct. Only Prem squad he would get into is Reading IMO which tells its own story.

Quite why so many want him back and then are happy to slag off Lambert and Ramirez is beyond me.

Would you have been confident Sharp would have slotted that pressure pen today?

Correct. Only Prem squad he would get into is Reading IMO which tells its own story.

Quite why so many want him back and then are happy to slag off Lambert and Ramirez is beyond me.

Would you have been confident Sharp would have slotted that pressure pen today?

based on his one and only penalty attempt for us v Blackpool, no, shocking penalty.

I agree with you, why people obsess over Sharp is beyond me. When Lee and himself were fit, he couldn't get in the first team, so how people think he'd get in our team now is ridiculous? who would we drop? £12m Ramirez or an in-form Puncheon?

Like today really.

Well, like I said earlier, Lambert is clinical infront of goal, so is J Rod, our issue is creating chances in the final third, how often do we get ANY chances in the box this season ? Except for headers ?

Sharp wont change that, Id rather the cash for a new decent wide man to compliment what we have, CB or GK

Nobodies suggested he should start.

I think a few peoples point is that Sharp could have an impact off the bench in a situation where we are chasing a goal.

Good point !........other than Rodriguez, Sharp is the only player likely to pick up half-chances in the box. Guly is good for nuisance value in attack, but little else.

Even Le Fondre has scored a few this season playing in a terrible team and he isn't as good as Billy. FFS

Is he ? Your wife is the most beautiful syndrome going on there.

He's slow, possibly the slowest non-big man striker I have ever seen, has a poor first touch, no where near good enough for the premiership and offers pretty much nothing in the build up. You carry him in games hoping for a chance to fall his way. Do we really have 10 other players good enough to enable us to have a goal hanger in the side? Maybe if we'd kept him he'd have 5 goals like Fondre, but maybe we'd be bottom of the league too.

I was glad we let him go out on loan. For the record I don't rate Lee, Fonte or Barnard either. Rodriguez is still developing, but looks a better all round player to me. Who the hell knows what Mayuka can do.

Chez hits the nail on the head. A little striker needs to offer pace, a good first touch , and the ability to come short and offer something in the build up. Billy offers none of these.

We have better. Rodriguez actually offers all of the above and has height and power.

The lad isn't premier quality. Move him on permanently and get another winger in to feed our strikers.

Is he ? Your wife is the most beautiful syndrome going on there.

He's slow, possibly the slowest non-big man striker I have ever seen, has a poor first touch, no where near good enough for the premiership and offers pretty much nothing in the build up. You carry him in games hoping for a chance to fall his way. Do we really have 10 other players good enough to enable us to have a goal hanger in the side? Maybe if we'd kept him he'd have 5 goals like Fondre, but maybe we'd be bottom of the league too.

I was glad we let him go out on loan. For the record I don't rate Lee, Fonte or Barnard either. Rodriguez is still developing, but looks a better all round player to me. Who the hell knows what Mayuka can do.

Forte?!?

I'm not sure Billy Sharp coming back is an option because he now lives back with his wife who will NOT move south.

Its funny how he says he wants to come back to let the saints fans think he's a great guy and yes he did love it down here but he knows that situations have changed now.

I predict we will sell him in this transfer window or Forest buy him at the end of the season.

Quite frankly we took Sharp as a desperate option last season which turned out well as it got us in the premiership.

I'm not sure Billy Sharp coming back is an option because he now lives back with his wife who will NOT move south.

Its funny how he says he wants to come back to let the saints fans think he's a great guy and yes he did love it down here but he knows that situations have changed now.

I predict we will sell him in this transfer window or Forest buy him at the end of the season.

Quite frankly we took Sharp as a desperate option last season which turned out well as it got us in the premiership.

You said he and his wife had split a couple of weeks back, a few days later their son was born. She might not have liked living here but don't think that is why he moved on loan.

It was because NA told him he wasnt going to feature much.

Agree that we got him as Hooper or JR were unattainable and he did a good job. Clearly not a Prem class player though (especially in our style/system) so right decision for all parties.

You said he and his wife had split a couple of weeks back, a few days later their son was born. She might not have liked living here but don't think that is why he moved on loan.

It was because NA told him he wasnt going to feature much.

Agree that we got him as Hooper or JR were unattainable and he did a good job. Clearly not a Prem class player though (especially in our style/system) so right decision for all parties.

A few weeks back I said that Sharp had moved to us as he had split with his wife and wanted a fresh start.

What has gone on since then and having a baby does suggest they are back together again and him coming back in no longer an option as his wife will not move.

Maybe he will do a Rickie Lambert who's family still live in merseyside I'm guessing.

A few weeks back I said that Sharp had moved to us as he had split with his wife and wanted a fresh start.

What has gone on since then and having a baby does suggest they are back together again and him coming back in no longer an option as his wife will not move.

Maybe he will do a Rickie Lambert who's family still live in merseyside I'm guessing.

When they first moved down here there was no suggestion they had split. She was tweeting about moving here, meeting all the other player wives/partners etc. Plus the baby would have been conceived in Feb sort of time, ie just after he moved here.

Also pretty sure RL's family live down here in North Baddesley, certainly his wife and kids do.

When they first moved down here there was no suggestion they had split. She was tweeting about moving here, meeting all the other player wives/partners etc. Plus the baby would have been conceived in Feb sort of time, ie just after he moved here.

Also pretty sure RL's family live down here in North Baddesley, certainly his wife and kids do.

I too could not work out how he could of split up with his wife but he just did.

Was told about it from a guy who's in the group that go out with the players clubbing etc.

As for Rickie, I added guessing as I thought his wife and kids lived up there still.

I too could not work out how he could of split up with his wife but he just did.

Was told about it from a guy who's in the group that go out with the players clubbing etc.

As for Rickie, I added guessing as I thought his wife and kids lived up there still.

You said that Sharp had definitely split up with his Mrs, from the horses mouth apparently. Now it turns out its a mate of a mate kind of thing.

Up there with your "adams back!" post which was also clearly nonsense.

Has he said he wants to come back?

You said that Sharp had definitely split up with his Mrs, from the horses mouth apparently. Now it turns out its a mate of a mate kind of thing.

Up there with your "adams back!" post which was also clearly nonsense.

Yes he had split with his wife at the time of his move to saints.

Find out the truth like me and stop dismissing those that know.

Lallana's back?

I said his injury is not as bad as first thought and he is going to be back within 2 weeks yes.