Billy Sharp

teacher

But yet Hooper, who I rate as an equal to Sharp, gets the nod for a Premiership team. I rate the SPL the same as the NPC and both Sharp and Hooper have scored consistently in their respective leagues.

Perhaps certain top flight managers haven't been listening to your ratings?

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport

Fair play to @kristemple who started the #afcb forum with the question 'Are you signing Billy Sharp?' to EH - whose face was a picture!

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport

Eddie Howe's response to said question by the way was 'no comment ' #afcb

Wasn't good enough for it.

Just as Lee, Barnard and a whole host of other players weren't/aren't.

And there's no disgrace in that, just as most opera singers don't get to sing at Coventry Garden. There are a limited number of Premiership places and the Life of a professional footballer in the lower leagues can still be a nice little earner.

That's a bit of a cheap dig. Never got the chance.

I think his point was if he WAS good enough top NPC teams would be after him, they're not, he wasnt.

Besides, totally doesnt fit our system

I never liked him since his joining interview intimated he was joining us as a stepping stone, how did that work out ?

Billy joined Saints as a stepping stone to a new life, a life away from the 18 months he and his wife prior underwent tragically losing their first child, a son every man dreams of as being his fulfillment in life. Where are the statements from the club that he was incapable of making a go in the Premiership? Are we to rely on the hatred statements from fickle minded kids posting on here, who don't don't know a thing about life beyond sitting at a computer day in, day out. spouting complete and unfounded nonsense?

Those who have followed Billy's fight back against his tragedy. his work towards his foundation and finally succeeding with his wife in having another son might realise leaving the club was not only due to playing football. but in part to return up north and family and to safeguard the life of his new born son.

May your hatred towards a really nice return to you a hundred fold. To Billy Sharp and others I shall always be indebted for doing so much to getting SFC back into to Premier rank of English football.

Billy joined Saints as a stepping stone to a new life, a life away from the 18 months he and his wife prior underwent tragically losing their first child, a son every man dreams of as being his fulfillment in life. Where are the statements from the club that he was incapable of making a go in the Premiership? Are we to rely on the hatred statements from fickle minded kids posting on here, who don't don't know a thing about life beyond sitting at a computer day in, day out. spouting complete and unfounded nonsense?

Those who have followed Billy's fight back against his tragedy. his work towards his foundation and finally succeeding with his wife in having another son might realise leaving the club was not only due to playing football. but in part to return up north and family and to safeguard the life of his new born son.

May your hatred towards a really nice return to you a hundred fold. To Billy Sharp and others I shall always be indebted for doing so much to getting SFC back into to Premier rank of English football.

Well said, I know his cousin through work, met him a couple of times and is a top bloke.

Saw him in sheffield last season and asked why he was loaned out as I was looking forward to seeing him in the prem, his reply was 'politics'

Blimey Art, bit strong suggesting that people who don't rate Billy display "hatred" towards him.

I appreciate what Billy did for us and sympathise for his personal tragedy.

That all said, its obvious to me that he isn't a PL player and I fully understand why he didn't get a chance with us and why he no other PL team, or top end championship team, has seemingly come in for him. That's not hatred, its honesty.

Edited by egg

Thing is, Billy may not be a premiership player but is Mayuka (can't be bothered to check spelling). Why not keep him on our books until we find another striker. Starting to get concerned now that our striking department is pizz poor. If not coming from Rickie, our midfield has been proven to be pretty useless, where are the goals going to come from?

Wasn't good enough for it.

Just as Lee, Barnard and a whole host of other players weren't/aren't.

......but it's wrong for (some) fans to denegrate players because of that.

They were bought in by someone else and if the guy tries his very best - and it's not good enough - so be it .

They'll probably do well - at another club .....or in another league.

Thing is, Billy may not be a premiership player but is Mayuka (can't be bothered to check spelling). Why not keep him on our books until we find another striker. Starting to get concerned now that our striking department is pizz poor. If not coming from Rickie, our midfield has been proven to be pretty useless, where are the goals going to come from?

Lucky we seem to be ready to splash out on a striker then rather than clog up our squad with players who aren't good enough like Sharp.

SFC have acted like a family on benefits with regards Sharp. Imagine Sharp as a perfectly good, working washing machine thats been unplugged and dragged into the garden just because the family want a new one.

However the family have now been unable to decide on which new model to buy and for 6 months have needed to hand wash clothes or dress in unwashed clobber.

Now the school holidays are over and the kids need their uniforms washed.......... Panic!!!

SFC have acted like a family on benefits with regards Sharp. Imagine Sharp as a perfectly good, working washing machine thats been unplugged and dragged into the garden just because the family want a new one.

However the family have now been unable to decide on which new model to buy and for 6 months have needed to hand wash clothes or dress in unwashed clobber.

Now the school holidays are over and the kids need their uniforms washed.......... Panic!!!

You need help...

That's a bit of a cheap dig. Never got the chance.

He was under contract at a newly promoted side in the Premier League, you don't get much better chances then that.

If he was good enough for the PL he should have proved himself in training, which he apparently did not.

The fact that its teams from the lower end of the Championship are after him should be a(nother) telling sign that he is not Premier League material.

He played a rol in us getting promoted and I'll have fond memories of him for that but if two coaches decide they don't want to use him in the PL then lets just cut ties and make sure he ends up at a club where he can be of value.

Worst analogy ever? :?

Hardly a groundbreaking story.
Yes but does show that one or two on here, stating they knew what he was doing, i.e, told he was leaving, at home, not training etc.. were talking, (as usual) absolute b*ll*cks. He's been working hard training under Radhi since he returned 2 July and later spoke with Pochettino who told him they'd speak again after the tour.

Billy's Foundation work is causing a distraction and this very weekend he was up north raising thousands where he may have done better to be available to play for the under 21's

Yes but does show that one or two on here, stating they knew what he was doing, i.e, told he was leaving, at home, not training etc.. were talking, (as usual) absolute b*ll*cks. He's been working hard training under Radhi since he returned 2 July and later spoke with Pochettino who told him they'd speak again after the tour.

Billy's Foundation work is causing a distraction and this very weekend he was up north raising thousands where he may have done better to be available to play for the under 21's

If he is such a good footballer and has been working so hard, why have two sets of player management deemed him not good enough?

Do they hate Billy Sharp as much as those you claim on here do?

Billy Sharp: " I WILL FIGHT FOR MY PLACE"

billy sharp ‏@billysharp10 8h

Hearing lots of rumours on here about me,like I've said before 2 years left on Southampton contract an I will continue to fight for my place

And if another club comes in for me in the meantime I will assess the situation.like I've said before hear it from the horses mouth

And lots of crap today regarding my agent,for the record my agent is Paul masterton @marzey29 first eleven

Could "I'm going to fight for my place" really mean "why would I go to Boro (or anyone else for that matter) and earn half of what I'm earning here, I've got 2 years left and as I might not earn this sort of money again - I ain't giving it up for anyone or anything"?

Just wondering....

Nice sentiment, but considering he's not been assigned a squad number it seems he has an awful lot to do in terms of convincing the coaching staff of his worth.

It takes one injury, and for MoPo and NC to continue firing blanks in their striker search for a couple of weeks...

Could "I'm going to fight for my place" really mean "why would I go to Boro (or anyone else for that matter) and earn half of what I'm earning here, I've got 2 years left and as I might not earn this sort of money again - I ain't giving it up for anyone or anything"?

Just wondering....

It might mean that, but personally I choose to believe he has more integrity than that. He's not Wayne Bridge..

Glad to see others think he hasnt been given the chance, and is the victim of club politics...

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/32426/why-is-billy-sharp-persona-non-grata-at-st-marys-

He is the victim of not fitting the tactics and not being good enough Alps

Many fans are blind to this due to sentiment. What about Hammond ? Shall we give him a go too ?

He is the victim of not fitting the tactics and not being good enough Alps

Many fans are blind to this due to sentiment. What about Hammond ? Shall we give him a go too ?

We have plenty of CM options now we've signed Wanyama. We are short up-front.

and I am far from convinced about the "not good enough". Seems to have become a glib cliche...

He's perfectly adequate for cover, he's a better striker then Fox and Hooiveld are defenders.

Yep. And I have seen nothing to indicate he is worse than Mayuka. Except he cost a lot less...

EDIT: Therefore, a seeeeemple question to our footballing experts on here:

How has Mayuka shown in ca. a dozen sub appearances that he is better than Billy in the 2 or 3 he had ?

Edited by alpine_saint

I dont understand when he is hungry and desperate to prove himself at this level, why the f**k he is still locked out int he cold, sans squad number, when the management are making such a hash of strengthening the striker department......

Maybe MP just does not rate him Alps..........my guess is he believes he is simply not at all good enough.

As such in some ways its being a lot more straight with him than giving him hope etc. Better to say, I dont think you are good enough, you are free to find another club than keep him hanging on.

Seems a lot more decent this way, for a player who has given good service to the club, than pretending otherwise.