Billy Sharp

teacher

And yet RL said in the recent hospital visit interview that his youngest had recently been in the General at some time in the recent past. Information is out there, just need to assimilate it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't know any of Lambert's business and that's why I said I'm guessing, as I knew his family did not move down here straight away.

Its no big deal so try to chill out Window.

Yes he had split with his wife at the time of his move to saints.

Find out the truth like me and stop dismissing those that know.

Lallana's back?

I said his injury is not as bad as first thought and he is going to be back within 2 weeks yes.

You're all over the place mate. One minute Billy is telling you himself, the next its a mate of his.

And on the HCDAJFU thread, you did post that Lallana was back. Why did you do that?

He would LOVE to come back but his wife won't move south.

Not what I heard at all, what I heard was that he knew he was not first choice in prem and his wife wanted to move back home, in fact he wasnt enthralled to come here in the first place because of location (not club) but he thought it was too good to turn down.

He didnt settle well, his wife even worse and he got a loan move.

Whats done is done, obv I have no idea how he is coping at Forest, but imagine that OD leaving probably doesnt do him any favours.

You're all over the place mate. One minute Billy is telling you himself, the next its a mate of his.

And on the HCDAJFU thread, you did post that Lallana was back. Why did you do that?

Never once said Sharp told me himself, as I don't know sharp personally.

As for Lallana let's wait and see as he won't be long.

Yes he had split with his wife at the time of his move to saints.

Find out the truth like me and stop dismissing those that know.

Lallana's back?

I said his injury is not as bad as first thought and he is going to be back within 2 weeks yes.

In fairness, on the Sunderland build up thread, you said "Lallana is back :)"

Never once said Sharp told me himself, as I don't know sharp personally.

As for Lallana let's wait and see as he won't be long.

Can't be arsed to find the post but you certainly did allude that billy had told you himself.

Maybe don't suggest that people should learn the facts before criticising those who do know......as you clearly don't yourself.

Re Lallana, he's back, he's out for two weeks, less than 10 weeks, be back soon.....you don't know do you?

Can't be arsed to find the post but you certainly did allude that billy had told you himself.

Maybe don't suggest that people should learn the facts before criticising those who do know......as you clearly don't yourself.

Re Lallana, he's back, he's out for two weeks, less than 10 weeks, be back soon.....you don't know do you?

My advice to everyone on this forum is to ignore everything Pilchards ever says. He clearly gets a couple of snippets of things from hanging around Staplewood car park or whatever it is he does but he believes his own hype and sets himself as Captain Hotline to the stars. He's totally full of it and has been for years.

My advice to everyone on this forum is to ignore everything Pilchards ever says. He clearly gets a couple of snippets of things from hanging around Staplewood car park or whatever it is he does but he believes his own hype and sets himself as Captain Hotline to the stars. He's totally full of it and has been for years.

Yes indeed, please ignore me.....!!

Sound advice

Sharp and his missus/girlfriend spent most of last year running LJS Trust and being interviewed about it so can't see how they would have split up. Having said that from personal experience I know the loss of a child often destroys even the strongest relationship so it wouldn't surprise me.

After he said he was back he then said Chelsea game after sunderland game came and went

He said it before the Sunderland game, actually just checked it back. By all means call him out if he is wrong, but at least be fair when presenting these 'facts'.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?41743-Sunderland-Build-up-Thread&p=1558807#post1558807

Edited by St Chalet

I'm not really the one who needs to make sure I'm not presenting things as fact. That's the whole point of my posts to Pilchards.

If he change his mind before the Sunderland game, fair enough but still hasn't answered why he said he was back in the first place.

Same principle as with Billy Sharps situation....presented as fact but seemingly not

• 3 weeks later...

Back to Sharp, the Forest owners son tweeted earlier this evening "Billy Sharp....."

It may be that they are about to sign him, it may be he as having some sort of sexual fantasy about him. Who knows how much is in this, but as it's got Forest fans excited I thought I'd pass it on anyway....

• 4 months later...
Isn't today the day supposedly pencilled in for Billy to meet with Poch to see whether he has a future at Saints? Or am I imagining that. If so' date=' it'll be interesting to see whether there's an update on this later on today although I expect the outcome will be Billy looking for a new club.[/quote']

No reason for anything to be made public. It is clear he will leave the club anyway.

He couldn't have done less than Maukya this season.

Sharp's a very limited player. Mayuka gives the manager more of an option as he's not just a 'fox in the box', whilst he's also got far more potential. Unfair to dismiss him just because he didn't get much of a chance. Besides, it's worth remembering that Sharp was behind Lee in the pecking order until Lee's injury.

He couldn't have done less than Maukya this season.

Mayuka is hungry, pacey, and bound to improve under our setup.

Joking apart, it'll be interesting to see what happens with him. He looked good at the acon, might turn out to be a decent prospect. If MP really doesn't rate him then no doubt he'll be shipped out soon enough.

Sharp's a very limited player. Mayuka gives the manager more of an option as he's not just a 'fox in the box', whilst he's also got far more potential. Unfair to dismiss him just because he didn't get much of a chance. Besides, it's worth remembering that Sharp was behind Lee in the pecking order until Lee's injury.

he is a limited player but on reflection who would you rather have had this season coming to with 10 minutes to go to get us an equaliser, 'a fox in the box' like Sharp or Mayuka who seems to have only played well for 20 minutes this season. Yes, he's quick and runs around a lot, but so does Mo Farrah, that doesn't make him a premier league striker. people keep saying he didnt get a chance, maybe there is a reason for that as not one, but two managers didn't play him. if it had just been Adkins you could argue that it was because he simply didn't like or rate him, the fact that it wasn't just Adkins speaks volumes. He might well come good but he's done nothing to suggest that he will or to show why we signed him.

Edited by Turkish

he is a limited player but on reflection who would you rather have had this season coming to with 10 minutes to go to get us an equaliser, 'a fox in the box' like Sharp or Mayuka who seems to have only played well for 20 minutes this season. Yes, he's quick and runs around a lot, but so does Mo Farrah, that doesn't make him a premier league striker. people keep saying he didnt get a chance, maybe there is a reason for that as not one, but two managers didn't play him. if it had just been Adkins you could argue that it was because he simply didn't like or rate him, the fact that it wasn't just Adkins speaks volumes. He might well come good but he's done nothing to suggest that he will or to show why we signed him.

Not really Turkish, a bit of rhetorical exaggeration there because there are alternate plausible explanations for why Mayuka did not play so much under Poch. Try the Forren excuse for example- it was too risky in those final games of the season to change a stuttering forward line up but that had the advantage of having got EPL experience ~ and that had clearly worked against some teams mid-season. Or the "who ya going to drop" argument - between talismanic SRL scoring his goals and Jrod reinventing himself as Saints player of the mid-season such that calls for possible Eng call-ups were softly muted they were a feared partnership. Neither of those was going to be dropped ever for Mayuka unless there was injuries suspension or dramatic loss of form. If Mayuka was to replace Gaston or Punch or AL or Guly as an AM that would have been more realistic at times - but i suspect he relative to the others lacks defensive nous to be really adaptable for that role........so the introduction of Mayuka for any of those AM starters or forwards was always going to be hard, and in the absence of injuries, suspensions, losses of form and tactical changes plus the backdrop of relegation if even one mistake was made - well that's why his game time was limited even if he was sh*t hot in training.

Not really Turkish, a bit of rhetorical exaggeration there because there are alternate plausible explanations for why Mayuka did not play so much under Poch. Try the Forren excuse for example- it was too risky in those final games of the season to change a stuttering forward line up but that had the advantage of having got EPL experience ~ and that had clearly worked against some teams mid-season. Or the "who ya going to drop" argument - between talismanic SRL scoring his goals and Jrod reinventing himself as Saints player of the mid-season such that calls for possible Eng call-ups were softly muted they were a feared partnership. Neither of those was going to be dropped ever for Mayuka unless there was injuries suspension or dramatic loss of form. If Mayuka was to replace Gaston or Punch or AL or Guly as an AM that would have been more realistic at times - but i suspect he relative to the others lacks defensive nous to be really adaptable for that role........so the introduction of Mayuka for any of those AM starters or forwards was always going to be hard, and in the absence of injuries, suspensions, losses of form and tactical changes plus the backdrop of relegation if even one mistake was made - well that's why his game time was limited even if he was sh*t hot in training.

is that so?

MP was appointed in mid January and in Mayuka got less than an hour of football in 13 games, in the early days not even making the bench (yes i know he was at the ACON for some of it). if you're trying to say that is because Rodriguez, Lambert, and co were undroppable then i think you need to look at the goals for column in our last 6 games, 3 goals in that period with Lambert in particular looking out of form, off the pace and needing a rest. Our attacking play was very slow and one paced, crying out for some pace, something Mayuka is meant to bring to the table, If that didn't suggest we needed to try something different what did? Struggling for goals against the backdrop of a relegation battle yet still he can hardly get a kick, doesn't seem to me like the signs of a player who has much faith in him from the management.

As for your other point, i mentioned that he had done nothing to show why we we signed him. if you believe that as a striker Lambert and rodriguez are undroppable and if you are right that he doesn't have the defensive nous to replace Ramirez, Puncheon, Lallana etc then we've effetively signed a player who is third choice striker for a team that only plays with one man up top and who can only play in that one position.

In a season he's had one start where he was dreadful and Adkins didn't pick him and MP hasn't picked him. we weren't safe until the 2nd last game and only scored 3 goals in our last 6. with that in mind I dont think his nonappearances are anything to do with all of the other players having been amazing and undroppable all season.

Edited by Turkish

"MP was appointed in mid January and in Mayuka got less than an hour of football in 13 games, in the early days not even making the bench (yes i know he was at the ACON for some of it). if you're trying to say that is because Rodriguez, Lambert, and co were undroppable then i think you need to look at the goals for column in our last 6 games, 3 goals in that period with Lambert in particular looking out of form, off the pace and needing a rest. Our attacking play was very slow and one paced, crying out for some pace, something Mayuka is meant to bring to the table, If that didn't suggest we needed to try something different what did? Struggling for goals against the backdrop of a relegation battle yet still he can hardly get a kick, doesn't seem to me like the signs of a player who has much faith in him from the management.": Fair point - we looked tired and toothless the last six games that's true ~ but as i suggested, it might have been that MP went with "the devil you know" on that one preferring to keep SRL and Jrod on the pitch for as long as possible. In the circumstances a new to england and new to the epl coach erred on the side of caution, and it worked.

"As for your other point, i mentioned that he had done nothing to show why we we signed him. if you believe that as a striker Lambert and rodriguez are undroppable and if you are right that he doesn't have the defensive nous to replace Ramirez, Puncheon, Lallana etc then we've effetively signed a player who is third choice striker for a team that only plays with one man up top and who can only play in that one position." Again - fair point, you are probably spot on with this assessment. If we play only one striker then Mayuka will need to be unbelievably good to start the first match as that striker ~ and with Jrod and srl on the bench. In the circumstances he looks like he was an emergency plan B purchase- fast pacey goalscorer forward to hoof it to if it goes wrong with our cultured passing approach ..the sort of cover your options thinking that picked Carroll and Crouch for the Eng bench.

"In a season he's had one start where he was dreadful and Adkins didn't pick him and MP hasn't picked him. we weren't safe until the 2nd last game and only scored 3 goals in our last 6. with that in mind I don't think his nonappearances are anything to do with all of the other players having been amazing and undroppable all season." I am looking at it from a slightly different perspective Turkish, your reason given (suggesting that both NA and MP did'nt rate him) for his non-appearances is not the only possible reason is my point. You may well be correct but its not a given that one can absolutely infer and read volumes out of. The form of srl and jrod plus the other AM factors are as likely to have been contributory factors to little game time as your opinion.

fwiw I would like us to persist with him a while, we are hardly blessed with pace, we were VERY lucky with injuries last year and in different circumstances he might have got the extended game time that most AM and strikers in particular seem to need before they can really express themselves.

i'm not saying we should get shot of him, yet my point remains valid, Billy Sharp couldn't possibly have had less of an impact that Mayuka and at this moment in time he's done little to show why signed him. None selection by two managers even at times when we were struggling to get goals seem to suggest there is a problem somewhere.

so then what was the outcome of the meeting between Billy Sharp and MP yesterday (if in fact it took place :rolleyes:)
I believe Billy was one of several players told to report back on June 10th and Pochettino will be getting together with them to make decisions. He's not said anything on Twitter except for new items for his charity.

Forgot to mention Kevin Davies has been exchanging Tweets with Radhi Jaidi all afternoon where Radhi tells Kev he's working the past month with the under 21's at the Academy. Kevin asks if it's with Doddsy and Willo which Radhi confirms. Nice to hear Kevin compliment God's country as a lovely part of the world.

i'm not saying we should get shot of him, yet my point remains valid, Billy Sharp couldn't possibly have had less of an impact that Mayuka and at this moment in time he's done little to show why signed him. None selection by two managers even at times when we were struggling to get goals seem to suggest there is a problem somewhere.

But Mayuka was in a publications top 100 players in the world and he has brilliant stats on football manager. When he signed for my Saints team we won the premier league followed by the champions league so I say give him a chance on this info alone.

WTF do Adkins and Pochettino know anyway. :lol:

Mayuka missed pre-season, then Pochettino's trip to Barcelona & most breaks in the season because he was away on international duty. Hardly surprising he's struggled to make an impression under either manager, & he was just starting to do so when Adkins was replaced. With a full pre-seaon under his belt he could be a transformed player- shown just as much as a certain Jay Rodriguez did in his opening couple of hundred minutes.

• 4 weeks later...
Probably because he's on a hefty wage due to coming here and getting us promoted. He's a good bloke. Deserves to be playing football.

Agree.

Sentimentality gets you nowhere, but I would have let him talk to Doncaster. The 350k difference between our desired price (according to the article) and their bid is not much to us based on our current means. (350k not much..... yet based on the TV money and amounts we are supposedly offer for players...)