Chelsea are right

lordswoodsaints

Our support is Fookin ****

Very low key today even when we were winning

Nothing original and it was embarrassing to see just how crap we are at singing

As for those that left with 30 minutes to go shame on you.

Most probably something to do with the fact that we had no 'kop' due to the clever idea of giving Chelsea fans vitually the whole Northam Stand. Pathetic decision.

Because they were so original.

'your grounds too big for you'

'here there they're every f*cking where, empty seats'

'here for the Chelsea'

'play up Pompey'

'Small town in Portmsouth'

'is there a fire drill'

Never heard any of them before.

All atmospheres are sh*t now. That is modern football for you. Don't you dare stand, don't you dare say anything nasty, don't you dare have a couple of beers before hand.

Why do you give a ****? There are more important things in life than football.

Why do you give a ****? There are more important things in life than football.

What the **** are you doing on this 'football' forum then?......you are right there are more important things than football but as this is a football forum it's a bit difficult to not talk about football and I give a **** because its my Fookin team.

What the **** are you doing on this 'football' forum then?......you are right there are more important things than football but as this is a football forum it's a bit difficult to not talk about football and I give a **** because its my Fookin team.

i'm on the forum because i want to have sensible discussions with people about the club and what people's opinions are. not insulting everyone who went to the game today. i think there's a difference even if it is hard for you to comprehend.

what are the club meant to do...?

Move the boundaries round to shift away fans round towards blocks 1-4. I was sat there today and the Chelsea fans totally embarrassed us. I can see why they mocked us for having a 'day out'.. That said it's much easier to whip up an atmosphere as the minority away support as all your proper keen loud fans are in one small area.

As a side note, the Saints side of the barrier was policed and stewarded stringently today while the Chelsea fans were allowed to do what they wanted. Seemed a little harsh as the coins only seemed to be flying one way!

We have had very few decent atmospheres in the last few seasons. But today wasn't helped by the score line and conceding just before half time. But compared to City, Arsenal and Fulham which I have done away this season, ours is far better than theirs. Just wait till we go to the bridge, we will probably be the only fans singnig as most sets of away fans seem to be better than home support for a number of reasons.

a mate of mine is a sunderland fan..and has been doing loads of away games

he was at sms the other week and said by a mile, the worst atmosphere he has seen this season from opposing fans

he was very disappointed considering how big the game was

A Sunderland fan shouldn't be so quick to pass judgement, have you seen the number of empty seats at the stadium of light this season?

Anyway, why do some people on this forum feel the need to stick the boot in on their own fans after a home defeat. Its not the first time and is pointless. Was lordwoodsaints down at st marys singing his heart out in a sea of silent sfc fans? I think not.

The simple fact is that most away fans these days are considered passionate and loud and sing a lot. It's because they're more often the most dedicated fans of the club in question. Chelsea are no different. A year ago I was fortunate enough to do corporate at Stamford Bridge, watching the skates get spanked. Atmosphere was dead in Chelsea's home end, the worst I've witnessed.

You might assume from the comment above that the skates fans made bit of noise. They didn't. They were crap and only had one song.

he was at sms the other week and said by a mile, the worst atmosphere he has seen this season from opposing fans

And their support was terrible as well and they won.

i'm on the forum because i want to have sensible discussions with people about the club and what people's opinions are. not insulting everyone who went to the game today. i think there's a difference even if it is hard for you to comprehend.

I was at the game today,and every game as I'm a season ticket holder not to mention the other 40 years I've been home and away,Europe,cup semi finals and finals,friendlies and long trips to godforsaken **** holes on a cold wet Wednesday night so I think I've earnt my right to express my views don't you?

Today our support was **** and tbh it is nothing special for most home games and I'm disappointed with our fans (and that includes myself) for not putting up a good show to combat the superb Chelsea support.........it wouldn't of happened back in the. 80's that's for sure.

This story is so much better the fifth time you posted it, well done.

I didn't go to the game but I'm really cross at the "fans" who did go. They were useless. They might as well all die. I've got mates who support other teams and they all say we're **** fans. I'm so ashamed I just don't know what to do with myself.

Ha ha that made me laugh.:)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Most probably something to do with the fact that we had no 'kop' due to the clever idea of giving Chelsea fans vitually the whole Northam Stand. Pathetic decision.

Absofookinlutely! Nail on head moment. Ticketing policy maker at Saints now must be a complete and utter numpty. As a ST holder before Christmas I asked to purchase my ticket and THREE others, but no I was told I had to wait for general sale to get more tickets. Well what do you know, I bought different Christmas presents for my lads - and today I see empty seats all around the ground and no atmosphere. Idiots at best.

Are you going to tell us all about your Sunderland supporting mate and his tedious opinion on every equally tedious thread about our support?

Absofookinlutely! Nail on head moment. Ticketing policy maker at Saints now must be a complete and utter numpty. As a ST holder before Christmas I asked to purchase my ticket and THREE others, but no I was told I had to wait for general sale to get more tickets. Well what do you know, I bought different Christmas presents for my lads - and today I see empty seats all around the ground and no atmosphere. Idiots at best.

Exactly what happened to me,I wanted to buy 4 extra tickets when I purchased my 2 seats as Christmas presents but was told the same thing......when I get into the ground today every seat in my row apart from my 2 were empty and the 6 rows behind were empty so who's the bright spark who decided that I couldn't have extra tickets?

The simple fact is that most away fans these days are considered passionate and loud and sing a lot. It's because they're more often the most dedicated fans of the club in question. Chelsea are no different. A year ago I was fortunate enough to do corporate at Stamford Bridge, watching the skates get spanked. Atmosphere was dead in Chelsea's home end, the worst I've witnessed.

You might assume from the comment above that the skates fans made bit of noise. They didn't. They were crap and only had one song.

Agree all the fuss because Chelsea were given more seats in the away end .

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Not surprising for a game like this.

Most of the people I go with usually didn't fancy it today and I hardly recognized anyone around me today. It took most of them about 30 minutes to work out which seat was theres too.

When you take into consideration that Chelsea took over the loudest part of our ground and the fact there were so many 'day trippers' in the home end, its not surprising it was a poor atmosphere.

I've been to approximately 50 grounds around the country and our home support for league games is actually very very good. It does seem like grounds are getting quieter and quieter these days. We didnt hear Stokes famous loud atmosphere until the 80th minute the other day. I was told that when you go to Everton you have to play the crowd as well as the team, yet they were silent all game.

I went to the early rounds of the FA cup when we were in league 1 and the atmosphere was non existent in those games. They at least had the excuse of a small crowd and stands being closed. Today was terrible, especially considering the size of the crowd. Not having a cop to get things started is probably to blame. Far too many tourists too. Still at least the chump next to me got lots of photos of the crowd on his ipad. Sigh.

The same Sunderland fans who were the quiets away fans I've seen at SMS for a long time.

No atmosphere since the Dell went, our Timothy and Julian fans dont help.....................

How to improve the atmosphere today? For a start it would have helped if we had managed to sell more than 23000 tickets.

Aside from that, uprooting the Northam stand is ridiculous. Moving the away fans isn't an option though due to segregation, access and so on, so the only thing the club could possibly look at doing is trying to get the Northam singers to go and take over the Chapel. Still not a simple idea and the family concession areas would have to be changed.

That said, with the majority of Saints fans in blocks 1,2 & 3 today all more interested in sticking their fingers up at Chelsea fans as opposed to watching the game or supporting our own bloody team, this is all rather immaterial.

Sat in the Itchen North for the first time in years as I was moved from the Northam (no idea why by the way, our seats were left empty and unimpeded by netting!) and it was f*cking abysmal. Knew it was going to be appalling as soon as the whistle went for kick-off and everyone sat down.

Tried to get an atmosphere going for 20 minutes but gave up after that, nobody wanted to join in.

Won't be sitting there again.

Itchen North was dreadful.

First time i've left a game early (5 minutes to go) since the Pompey 4-1 game.

Nice for someone to have a go at me and said "see you next year", my response was to show him my season ticket.

Any of you been to Stamford Bridge in recent years? It is like Twickenham but minus the singing!

The place is vying for Best Kept Library in London alongside Arse's.

I hate to admit it, but Spuds are the loudest of the big London clubs at home.

London clubs bar Millwall, West Ham and Spurs are ****e.