Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Saint Scott

Chances are Cork and Morgan aren't going to play in every game between now and the rest of the season so some extra cover in there would be handy. And someone else to play in the attacking positions. Apart from that I think we have enough.

Alou Diarra has joined Rennes from West Ham so can't see Diame also leaving.

Hah Diamé. They were talking about him during the Arsenal game last night, the French commentators I mean, apparently the 3.5 million £ get out clause is not yet applicable and if anyone wants to buy him it's about 10 million. £s or €s I don't know though.

Chances are Cork and Morgan aren't going to play in every game between now and the rest of the season so some extra cover in there would be handy. And someone else to play in the attacking positions. Apart from that I think we have enough.

Alou Diarra has joined Rennes from West Ham so can't see Diame also leaving.

Particulalry as Morgan has already accumulated 3 yellows in January

I will do my best to edit the first post with all incoming and outgoing Premier League transfers on deadline day. Feel free to post any on here if and when they happen as well as discuss whats going on today. Just so we have a quick source to look at through the day.

I think we can safely assume the Balotelli deal will be wrapped up today.

C'mon Saint Scott, Scharner has just rejoined WAFC on loan, update the OP

Alex Goring Crook ‏@alex_crook

Not expecting #saintsfc to make any signings before the window closes. Possibly a couple of squad players going out #transfers

It would be a crap transfer window if that was the case.

All our rivals apart from Villa have strengthened far more than we have.

Getting rid of Butterfield would be good as he's (hopefully) never going to be the first team. Just need to move on the likes of Barn(y)ard and Forte (if he's still with us?) and would be good to get one or two to add some proper competition for first team places. Hope the rumours of no-one coming in arent true, as a few injuries and we're in trouble.

Don't agree. We've kept all our players together, and have brought in a very promising CB which is the position we needed strengthening. No point just bringing any old player in for the sake of it.

We've got enough to stay up and fully expect us to.

We need another attacking player, for all our good play recently we just don't convert enough chances.

Sky Sports News reporter Rob Dorsett has revealed that USA international Brek Shea has agreed a move to Stoke City from MLS side FC Dallas, but he still needs to complete a work permit to rubber-stamp his move to the Premier League.

I wonder what first attracted Tony Pulis to the 6' 3", attacking midfielder Brek Shea?

SSN reporting live - Mike Ashley has just arrived in a helicopter.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooo :rolleyes:

Is that a sports story worth reporting live?

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport

Newcastle expect to complete the signing of Swiss teenager Kevin Mbabu later today - the club’s sixth signing in Jan