Is there any team you dislike more than Pompey?

I've disliked a lot of teams at various stages of my life. Derby in 2007, Reading quite recently and so forth, usually because they've done one over us.

But Pompey are just skanks and there's no mistake. Riding high in the Prem paying stupid money for player wages with money they didnt have. Then cheating their way out of it. I'm fairly sure I'ld still hate them even if they werent our local rivals.

Bournemouth fans wont be happy that they're not getting mentioned atall.

Haha. Even after the aggro at our 3 games the other season I still look out for their results and hope they win. I guess dispatching them by 2 clear goals every game just made us all feel ''ah bless them and their small club''.

As it stands, it's

1) Skates

2) Cardiff City

3) Brighton

4) Reading

5) MK Dons

Though the increasing irrelevance of 1) and the possibility of 2) coming up may switch their positions for the first time since just before the 2008 FA Cup Final when I realised I had to choose. And there's always the possibility 1) cease to exist of course.

On the hate scale (10 = extreme hatred 1 = slight dislike), I have the teams above ranked at about a 8,7,5,5 and 4.

Bournemouth score about a minus 3, lightly positive but generally ambivalent towards them.

Hate is a very self destrructive emotion and best avoided. Nevertheless, I detest PFC and all they represent; more than any club they take the biscuit. That reminds me of Reading too and I cannot think of anything good to say about them. Cardiff and Swansea should be sent off to the League of Wales or whatever it is called, IMO. MK? Well, that saga leaves a bad taste does it not. Bournemouth (once known as Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic or "Boscombe" locally) are an amusing lot. Most of their fans seem to hate us at least some of their elderly brethen have given me an earful of abuse when in Boscombe. "You're just a small club on Poole Bay!" :lol:

Hate is a very self destrructive emotion and best avoided. Nevertheless, I detest PFC and all they represent; more than any club they take the biscuit. That reminds me of Reading too and I cannot think of anything good to say about them. Cardiff and Swansea should be sent off to the League of Wales or whatever it is called, IMO. MK? Well, that saga leaves a bad taste does it not. Bournemouth (once known as Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic or "Boscombe" locally) are an amusing lot. Most of their fans seem to hate us at least some of their elderly brethen have given me an earful of abuse when in Boscombe. "You're just a small club on Poole Bay!" :lol:

You do realise that Swansea and Cardiff joined the Football League at the same time as Saints, right ? And that the League of Wales didn't exist until over 70 years afterwards ? Strange. I think everyone's agreed on MK though... and presumably Arsenal for the same reasons...

Spurs. We hated them long before the hatred of Pompey took over in the 1970s. Loads of people used to go and watch us and Pompey depending who was home. I used to go and watch them regularly, but I did at least watch from the away end.

I was in the club shop in West Quay last week when an elderly couple were telling the shop assistant this exact thing and how they wished it could go back to being like it now.

The old lady then went on to say she wanted a Saints teddy for her new grandchild as there was no way her daughters Skate husband was bringing the kid up Blue.

For me there is no alternative. I have known a lot of Skates fans over the years and they are always abusive and find it difficult to discuss our rivalry in a rational and intelligent way. I have a good mate who is a mad Liverpool fan and I never hear him talking about about Everton in the same way. Their's is a rivalry and ours seems to be a hatred. If any Skate gets in to a discussion about recent results then just remind them of the overall stats between Saints and Pompey. They are in favour of Saints:

Games won: 34

Games drawn: 15

Games lost: 21

And that's a 'no' from me too.

No.

Daft question.

Nope - just Pompey. Love everyone else.

For me there is no alternative. I have known a lot of Skates fans over the years and they are always abusive and find it difficult to discuss our rivalry in a rational and intelligent way. I have a good mate who is a mad Liverpool fan and I never hear him talking about about Everton in the same way. Their's is a rivalry and ours seems to be a hatred. If any Skate gets in to a discussion about recent results then just remind them of the overall stats between Saints and Pompey. They are in favour of Saints:

Games won: 34

Games drawn: 15

Games lost: 21

Cheats FC - although they really have only two faults:

(1) Everything they say

(2) Everything they do

What a stupid question of course not, they're absolute scum as anyone who's ever had to do an away day at Fratton will know. Bunch of cowards that chuck stuff at you from a distance and revel in their "hardman" attitude. Then there's the horrible cheating, dirty team and it's gun running, child murdering, pension stealing owners. Oh and also the sickening love in with the media for the fews terrible support.

There's not a club, or city that comes within touching distance of how much i hate those inbred cu.nts, and i'm shocked there would be for any other saints fan to be honest.

You do realise that Swansea and Cardiff joined the Football League at the same time as Saints, right ? And that the League of Wales didn't exist until over 70 years afterwards ? Strange. I think everyone's agreed on MK though... and presumably Arsenal for the same reasons...

I could not care less when Swansea or Cardiff joined the Football League. You merely point out that , in my opinion, they have beein the English league far too long; over seventy years by your estimate. You are welcome to denigrate my opinions as strange if it makes you happy! Arsenal moving from Woolwich was not crossing national borders and was, I think, to avoid competition from Charlton.

There is no national border between England and Wales as we are one country, the country of Wales has never really existed. The fact there is a Welsh football team is a UEFA anomaly.

Close, though the welsh "national" football team predated UEFA by about 60 years as well. One of the benefits of the home nations playing the game before anyone else.

Arsenal: because of Wenger, their pathetic fans always going on how great football they supposedly play and for always hanging around our academy players.

Manure: no explanation needed.

But Pompey will always be top of the clubs I dislike the most, even when they are in League 2 next season.

Never hated Pompy, I see the rivalry as just something fun, I spose Im not from southampton and that's why.

i HATE liverpool, everything about that club, cant stand them. Also dislike anywhere 'Arry is , so that's QPR at the mo.

I think this is quite accurate when it comes Portsmouth. I think you have to really be from Southampton to truely hate them. I grew up in Cornwall and have never even lived anyway near Southampton, just travelled for the games and as such "hate" them because I have to rather than it being driven from a real local rivalry.

Having said that I do hold them in utter contempt not due to being a Saints fan, but just the disgusting way they have run their club, cheated their way to success and not even had the good grace to realise the damage it does to the game........I really hope they fecking die.

Not too many other clubs I dislike and although I quite like the club, Liverpool fans drive me mental..........utterly deluded.