New Home Shirt - do you like it?

stevegrant

Your opinion on the new home shirt...  

900 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on the new home shirt...

• Like it, will buy it
    • Like it, but won't buy it
    • Don't like it, won't buy it
    • Don't like it, but will buy it anyway
    • Not bothered

But the SC kit looks like Addidas spent more time designing it. (Different colours on the colour). Looks a bit better with white shorts, but if we had that we'd look like a knock off Arsenal.

As it is, we have knock off South China shirts!

Ours does look slightly better without the sponsor as per the U21's

But the SC kit looks like Adidas spent more time designing it.

It looks like they spent exactly the same time designing it to me - how long do you think it takes to produce 3 or 4 different combinations of a template ? All the pieces are in the same place, they just said "put some navy on that piece under the arms" where Saints just have more red.

One thing I've noticed, the Sunderland shirt looks much better on than the pictures suggested - still has a bad-looking sponsor though.

Went into Southampton today for the first time since shirts were released. Only saw 2 young kids wearing the new shirts. Saw far more last season, striped and sash shirts. First time had seen new shirts 'live' as it were, do look cheap and tacky. Last year saw the then new shirts in Salisbury where I work, on release date, not seen one in all this time this year.

Sales must be down surely.

I wonder if perhaps next time the club will listen to the fans for once.

Went into Southampton today for the first time since shirts were released. Only saw 2 young kids wearing the new shirts. Saw far more last season, striped and sash shirts. First time had seen new shirts 'live' as it were, do look cheap and tacky. Last year saw the then new shirts in Salisbury where I work, on release date, not seen one in all this time this year.

They can only listen if enough noise is made.

#ahem# http://www.save-our-stripes.co.uk/

Doubt it.

Fight the power. An example to us all. Actually, no, sorry. To no one.

Such a shame some people are so small minded. However: No, i'm not an example to anyone. I have never stated that I am, I just want the stripes to return. I also know I am not alone in that and have wanted to at least try something to raise the profile of that.

Do you want the stripes to return or are you part of the still numerically significant (albeit still a minority) who like the new kit?

Edited by Colinjb

Such a shame some people are so small minded. However: No, i'm not an example to anyone. I have never stated that I am, I just want the stripes to return. I also know I am not alone in that and have wanted to at least try something to raise the profile of that.

Do you want the stripes to return or are you part of the still numerically significant (albeit still a minority) who like the new kit?

It's ridiculous campaigning against something, when you're not doing the one thing that would actually make a difference for your "campaign".

It's ridiculous campaigning against something, when you're not doing the one thing that would actually make a difference for your "campaign".

You assume that it's all on me. It's not, I am trying to aid facilitate something the majority want. I personally am nothing as far as the campaign is concerned... it's about the majority desire for the shirt design to revert to stripes. Any personal attack on me is meaningless.

What is your opinion on the new shirt Sour Mash?

Edited by Colinjb

I cannot believe this is 20 odd pages long.... And even more ridiculous are Facebook pages and other helmets doing campaigns about a sodding football shirt.

It is a sodding game where people ping a ball around the grass...and grown men on here are genuinely angry, upset and wound up about whether or not we are playing in stripes or plain red.

Get a grip you bunch of utter cretins. I don't like the kit but it's not going to make me lose sleep and get vocal about it!

Complete lemons some of you.

Just drove by someone wearing the shirt, and feck me it really is horrible!

Yep.

And of course, we will all be desperately trying to buy one after the last game of this season after we have Qualified for the CL wearing them....................

8)

You assume that it's all on me. It's not, I am trying to aid facilitate something the majority want. I personally am nothing as far as the campaign is concerned... it's about the majority desire for the shirt design to revert to stripes. Any personal attack on me is meaningless.

What is your opinion on the new shirt Sour Mash?

I think it's cr@p, ugly, cheap looking and not Saints. Luckily most Saints fans are actually boycotting it, so at least some will hopefully make a difference.

I cannot believe this is 20 odd pages long.... And even more ridiculous are Facebook pages and other helmets doing campaigns about a sodding football shirt.

It is a sodding game where people ping a ball around the grass...and grown men on here are genuinely angry, upset and wound up about whether or not we are playing in stripes or plain red.

Get a grip you bunch of utter cretins. I don't like the kit but it's not going to make me lose sleep and get vocal about it!

We'll file you in the 'don't care' column then B Rabbit. Is that ok? ;) 14% is still a lot of people.

Don't think anyone is losing sleep over it. I can't believe there are grown men out there that rant and rage on a forum about other men they've never met complaining about a football shirt, all typed out in a lovely orange font. Strange old world aint it.

I think it's cr@p, ugly, cheap looking and not Saints. Luckily most Saints fans are actually boycotting it, so at least some will hopefully make a difference.

Fingers crossed. I want to look on my collection in years to come and see this as a blip.

No certainties though. I do wonder what financial impact a shirt boycott would actually have. 20,000 sales with £30 profit every time yields £600k. It's nothing really compared to the premier league money.

Hopefully though it is still regarded by NC as significant. Makes me wonder about the true motivation of the design change though... and that it happened as soon as we got to the Premier League when other income streams are more significant.

Edited by Colinjb

Fingers crossed. I want to look on my collection in years to come and see this as a blip.

No certainties though. I do wonder what financial impact a shirt boycott would actually have. 20,000 sales with £30 profit every time yields £600k. It's nothing really compared to the premier league money.

Possibly. I'm not sure what the commercial relationship with Adidas would be and their views on very poor sales. Also when trying to negotiate for a new sponsor, as a sponsor I would ask to see last year's kit sales as one of the things that will reflect the level of coverage my brand would get - wouldn't be very impressive if the figure was well below the market average.

Possibly. I'm not sure what the commercial relationship with Adidas would be and their views on very poor sales. Also when trying to negotiate for a new sponsor, as a sponsor I would ask to see last year's kit sales as one of the things that will reflect the level of coverage my brand would get - wouldn't be very impressive if the figure was well below the market average.

True. The mobile billboard on worldwide tv element may outweigh the visibility around southampton angle though. I fear that shirt sales and therefore fan desire is irrelevant. This is however contradicted by the exposure given to the shirt launches.

They'll still want to have it. Comparing it to what is the club's biggest source of income by a factor of 10 isn't really fair. If the club saw a drop of 20,000 they would react.

I do wonder what financial impact a shirt boycott would actually have. 20,000 sales with £30 profit every time yields £600k. It's nothing really compared to the premier league money.

Put it this way. Every person that doesn't buy it has done a hundred times more to force change for next season than anything you've done, which mainly amounted to scuttling down the Saints shop at the first available minute to hoover one up.

Edited by CB Fry

Put it this way. Every person that doesn't buy it has done a hundred times more to force change for next season than anything you've done, which mainly amounted to scuttling down the Saints shop at the first available minute to hoover one up.

CB Fry, what is your opinion on the shirt? And why the lack of civility?

Reading between the lines you don't like the deviation from stripes. Neither do I. Yet, you feel the need to attack me because I am a collector of Saints kits and you feel that makes my stance hypocritical? It really is a shame if that's the case because there is no point in being so hostile if we both want the same thing.

Edited by Colinjb

Yeah, that always makes stuff happen, telling people not to complain about something you don't like. I assume you're planning on using telepathy to inform the club of your displeasure ?

CB Fry, what is your opinion on the shirt? And why the lack of civility?

Reading between the lines you don't like the deviation from stripes. Neither do I. Yet, you feel the need to attack me because I am a collector of Saints kits and you feel that makes my stance hypocritical? It really is a shame if that's the case because there is no point in being so hostile if we both want the same thing.

He might be being offensive about it, but he does have a point. I'm more likely to sell the rest of my collection than I am buy this one to add to it.

I must admit I have a gap in my collection. I have every home shirt from 1976 onwards, but will not be buying this. I preferred the south China version. It is the gold that makes it look tacky

I wouldn't mind if some effort had gone into it and after careful consideration of a wide ranging design short list they'd chosen this - I.e. it was just down to poor taste but its worse than that..

Just feels like the club looking down on the fans and saying "we know its a cheap £15 standard issue shirt but we can't be arsed to do anything else - well just buy the cheapest and charge as much as we can"

it makes last years look good now!

I wouldn't mind if some effort had gone into it and after careful consideration of a wide ranging design short list they'd chosen this - I.e. it was just down to poor taste but its worse than that..

Just feels like the club looking down on the fans and saying "we know its a cheap £15 standard issue shirt but we can't be arsed to do anything else - well just buy the cheapest and charge as much as we can"

it makes last years look good now!

please, what football shirt doesnt look cheap?

He might be being offensive about it, but he does have a point. I'm more likely to sell the rest of my collection than I am buy this one to add to it.

I do understand the perceived contradiction, I do. The club will be losing a sale from me this year though as I have only bought one, not the usual two. There is no need to buy a new one to back up the one I have worn (and due to their poor quality, damaged) through the season as I will not be wearing it, just filing it away.

Being offensive towards me when we do both want the same thing is so utterly futile! Human nature is baffling at times.

Edited by Colinjb

I do understand the perceived contradiction, I do. The club will be losing a sale from me this year though as I have only bought one, not the usual two. There is no need to buy a new one to back up the one I have worn (and due to their poor quality, damaged) through the season as I will not be wearing it, just filing it away.

Being offensive towards me when we do both want the same thing is so utterly futile! Human nature is baffling at times.

Where have I been offensive exactly?

If you like you can register your disgust with me by protesting in your usual fashion. Wire me fifty quid, I'll PM you my bank details.

Where have I been offensive exactly?

If you like you can register your disgust with me by protesting in your usual fashion. Wire me fifty quid, I'll PM you my bank details.

Your tone is clear. You obviously think of me with quite some level of contempt. Describing me as 'scuttling' to the club shop and being extremely snide.

However, don't we both want the same thing? There is common ground here and I am not going to go to the level of being rude towards you. Life is too short.