New Home Shirt - do you like it?

stevegrant

Your opinion on the new home shirt...  

900 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on the new home shirt...

• Like it, will buy it
    • Like it, but won't buy it
    • Don't like it, won't buy it
    • Don't like it, but will buy it anyway
    • Not bothered

Trying not to judge, as I said, people can buy it if they want, its a free country! Just shocked at the attitudes between fans. The shirt represents a callous re-branding of the club and extortion of the fans, particularly charging £40 for kids strips let alone the £50 cost for the adults... Little to deny in that surely?

I don't see a "callous re-branding" of the club, and all football shirts are over-priced these days.

Your post says "And anyone who supports the club in charging the fans £50 for an AVERAGE (being kind) teamwear kit that can be bought on-line for £15 and is in use by / similar to other clubs kits, is massively letting the rest of the fan base down imho."

That is ridiculous. If you buy it is because you want the shirt (understandable) not because you agree with the price or think its the greatest shirt on earth.

Right time to wade in on this. Got back from Silverstone last night so I've missed all the fun regarding the shirt! No doubt most of this has been said already though!

I don't like it and won't be buying it. Is not only down to the fact I'm ot a fan of the all red effort, but I don't like the design, and £50 for a shirt being used by pub/Sunday league teams strikes me as a rip off.

And for me the Gold looks like something JD sports would come up with.

Also, what's happened with the fabled Addidas-Saints megastore?

Right time to wade in on this. Got back from Silverstone last night so I've missed all the fun regarding the shirt! No doubt most of this has been said already though!

I don't like it and won't be buying it. Is not only down to the fact I'm ot a fan of the all red effort, but I don't like the design, and £50 for a shirt being used by pub/Sunday league teams strikes me as a rip off.

And for me the Gold looks like something JD sports would come up with.

Also, what's happened with the fabled Addidas-Saints megastore?

It was actually a Lotus garage next to the saints store. There was going to be a 'saintsmobile' which was gold and red sort of like the popemobile that Nicola was going to ride around Southampton in. Unfortunately Nicola wanted to introduce this deal at the British Grand Prix this weekend by being delivered on a red and gold special edition red arrow and Lotus said no so its all fallen through.

maybe Adidas have given up on sports wear design and have just decided to hell with everyone, they can all wear the same.

All the Adidas tennis shirts at Wimbledon are the same,

and I remember Sergio Garcia wearing the exact same outfit, including colours, as one of his playing partners in a tournament recently.

There are only two miAdidas templates with a variety of features, they're not the same as the teamwear catalogue styles. There's only one pro team that I know of wearing either of the miAdidas styles, some random lower tier German side. You can barely make a decent red and white striped kit out of the options on that website.

An interesting read. Probably slightly biased towards the club but maybe that is the opinion of the vast majority that, if you like a kit you buy it and if you don't you don't. None of this pride stuff that comes out on saints web about our club's history.

http://www.miteam.adidas.co.uk/mi-Morona-Uniform-M-%28with-socks%29/5285_M,en_GB,pd.html?config=true&recipe=%2Fconfigurator%2Fservices%2Fmiadidas-configurator%2FrecipeService%2FrecipeIdent%2FR1372707235712_NG%2Fregion%2Fgb%2Fchannel%2F2%2Fpartner%2Fnull#is_configurator

There you go, Mr Cortese! A design that anyone will look at and immediately think "Southampton FC" - created in less than 3 minutes with the standard Adidas templates. I would have happily bought this shirt for £50 without trawling through the Adidas catalogue to look for it cheaper - and I am sure I am not the only one.

For me, personally, it is just a shirt...

Yeh, for me too. I think we are alike on this one. You seem to be pretty down to earth and unaffected by all this nonsense. A sane and calm voice in a crowd of hysterical wailing. An oasis in amongst the crazed tempest of riduculously excessive opinions. You've done well to keep your head on this one, whilst all around you are losing theirs.

The shirt represents a callous re-branding of the club and extortion of the fans...

Oh.

Too close to Arses for my liking.

I do however prefer the aap3 on gold against the background which is much better than last years messy 'stuck on' white on black on red background logo.

I didn't mind last years faint stripes and now wish they were on this year's shirt. At least that was a faint nod to tradition.

But the big no-no-NO is the giant white hanky sleeves. How clumsy they are.

This isn't a specially designed SFC shirt. It's a rehash of a ready made Adidas design, which is an insult.

I'm afraid the club are going to rue choosing this apology for a design, because they are not going to sell as well as a Saints shirt should.

. But I dislike people ramming it down our throats that we are wrong and we are should embrace the club as it sells its soul.

Can you seriously not see the irony in your own post where you spent a long time ramming your view down everyones throat and then comment that? lol

Edited by Saint-Fred

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/13/14-kits/swindon-town-2013-2014-adidas-away-football-shirt.html

Ooh, I like Swindon's away kit. Actually, that'd look nice in red and white - perhaps with black shorts?

Adidas could never come up with something like this. Oh, hang on...

That format, and the Ajax shirt I posted earlier, really make the abortion we've got seem criminal.

That format, and the Ajax shirt I posted earlier, really make the abortion we've got seem criminal.

Agreed. As I keep saying this is something that is SO EASY to get right, and to therefore get all fans behind. All of which concerns me re the motives behind these two successive monstrosities we've suffered.

This was thought of two years ago, red strip with thin stripes to get us used to the idea, now none so we can look back and wish and not realise what they have done, old skool tactic, basically they/he is screwing us over, no consultation on what the customer wants, now he will suffer poor publicity and will be quite rightly seen as out of touch with the fans by the National media, something we knew already.

This was thought of two years ago, red strip with thin stripes to get us used to the idea, now none so we can look back and wish and not realise what they have done, old skool tactic, basically they/he is screwing us over, no consultation on what the customer wants, now he will suffer poor publicity and will be quite rightly seen as out of touch with the fans by the National media, something we knew already.

Talk about over the top there Dune

The soundbite that came with my season ticket was talking about "The Southampton Way - we lead and others follow our example" etc etc

I'm having trouble linking that with the new kit. We have a shirt that you can buy unbranded for £15-20 online, a shirt that is identical to Bristol City's, a League One club and yet we take the lead whilst others follow ? Really ?

If I was Mr Cortese I would be asking Adidas serious questions as to why the club have been conned into launching a kit that most certainly does not "lead the way" !!

SFC, Cortese or whoever approved this kit have had the wool well and truly pulled over their eyes. Say what you will about last season's pin stripe effort from Umbro but at least it was unique to Southampton.

:lol:

I work with a Citeh fan.

He's just been in to my office for a whinge.

Their new shirts are a standard template (wow he knows the key word without reading this forum).

Their badge is now a stuck on "piece of sh1t" instead of the stitched in badge they had last year.

"Every fan he knows is up in arms about it".

Perhaps this Football Shirt issue is bigger than us. Perhaps we could lead a PL Fans revolt against ALL the Kit Manufacturers ripping us ALL off with Krap.

Anyway it made me smirk

:lol:

I work with a Citeh fan.

He's just been in to my office for a whinge.

Their new shirts are a standard template (wow he knows the key word without reading this forum).

Their badge is now a stuck on "piece of sh1t" instead of the stitched in badge they had last year.

"Every fan he knows is up in arms about it".

Perhaps this Football Shirt issue is bigger than us. Perhaps we could lead a PL Fans revolt against ALL the Kit Manufacturers ripping us ALL off with Krap.

Anyway it made me smirk

Don't you have a smirking ban in the workplace over there?

Just what is Corteses motivation for this abomination of a kit? Surely he hasnt deliberately set out to sell fewer shirts and **** off half the fan base? So what gives? I don't get it. Makes no sense at all. The Lions Shirts are **** over here too btw - wafer thin terry material and they want $130 for them - about £80. Shirt makers are taking us for mugs. They can Jog On.

Yeh, for me too. I think we are alike on this one. You seem to be pretty down to earth and unaffected by all this nonsense. A sane and calm voice in a crowd of hysterical wailing. An oasis in amongst the crazed tempest of riduculously excessive opinions. You've done well to keep your head on this one, whilst all around you are losing theirs.

Oh.

Which part of the shirt isn't a rip off and isn't a re-branding on the clubs traditional stripes? Do tell? Or can i expect further 1 word smart arse answers as you attempt to take the **** out of the majority view??

Which part of the shirt isn't a rip off and isn't a re-branding on the clubs traditional stripes? Do tell? Or can i expect further 1 word smart arse answers as you attempt to take the **** out of the majority view??

Majority view! you're kidding right. A few angry fans on a forum, does not constitute a 'majority' view. We had the same response last year, and in part, the year before, and on here it was the same half dozen regular posters, who shouted the loudest. No, it's not stripes, but it is the strip that my team will play in this coming season, and as such, it is a Saints kit. Some here need to get over themselves, they do not influence the policy making of this club, now, or in the future, so live with it, or change allegiance!

Majority view! you're kidding right. A few angry fans on a forum, does not constitute a 'majority' view. We had the same response last year, and in part, the year before, and on here it was the same half dozen regular posters, who shouted the loudest. No, it's not stripes, but it is the strip that my team will play in this coming season, and as such, it is a Saints kit. Some here need to get over themselves, they do not influence the policy making of this club, now, or in the future, so live with it, or change allegiance!

Of course its the majority view you mentalist. Have a look at the poll results here and on the Echo. The majority don't like the style of the kit. Some do and will buy the kit, and some will buy it even though they don't like it. But why try to argue with genuine polled numbers? Of those who have answered the poll, the majority don't like the kit. Unless you're suggesting that the silent majority who do like the kt simply haven't been polled?

Of course its the majority view you mentalist. Have a look at the poll results here and on the Echo. The majority don't like the style of the kit. Some do and will buy the kit, and some will buy it even though they don't like it. But why try to argue with genuine polled numbers? Of those who have answered the poll, the majority don't like the kit. Unless you're suggesting that the silent majority who do like the kt simply haven't been polled?

Im pro this new kit and nearly everything that NC does. But even I agree that this kit is have not been received well at all in general

I also think that it will still sell quite well. Well enough to dimiss consideration that a mistake was made anyway

Your point being? We don't have a choice so lump it or like it? Ridiculous.

Fans who pay over £500 for their STs surely have some right of ownership of their club otherwise what does any of it mean. Where's the harm in seeking the opinion of fans before settling a designa after all the fans are the mugs who are going to have to wear these things around town and for sure most don't want to look like plonkers.