New Home Shirt - do you like it?

stevegrant

Your opinion on the new home shirt...  

900 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on the new home shirt...

• Like it, will buy it
    • Like it, but won't buy it
    • Don't like it, won't buy it
    • Don't like it, but will buy it anyway
    • Not bothered

Is it better to look like someone successful of look like some average? Would you rather look like Brad Pitt or Jimmy Carr?

I just can't fathom why all of a sudden people have a problem looking like SOUTHAMPTON?? In my 40+ years of supporting Saints, I have never once thought "Christ, we look like Sunderland! We need to change to look like someone else!".

So, to continue your line of thought Turkish, if the whole point of changing kit is to 'look like someone more successful', why aren't we wearing the Barcelona kit, or Spain maybe? And if Sunderland go on to dominate the PL and Europe for the next decade will you then be lobbying to change back to 'look like' them? Let's stop these childish worries about other clubs eh, it's embarrassing mate..

Let's just be comfortable looking like he club we are - Southampton FC - in red, white and black.

I think that the club has missed a trick here. Go back to stripes and shirt sales will be far more than for the red shirts. It doesn't make sense.

If the fans really do not like it, and do not buy it, the club will return to stripes. Enough fans will buy in though. Saying this Cardiff fans turned their back on the red kit, but I see it is staying red!

I just can't fathom why all of a sudden people have a problem looking like SOUTHAMPTON?? In my 40+ years of supporting Saints, I have never once thought "Christ, we look like Sunderland! We need to change to look like someone else!".

So, to continue your line of thought Turkish, if the whole point of changing kit is to 'look like someone more successful', why aren't we wearing the Barcelona kit, or Spain maybe? And if Sunderland go on to dominate the PL and Europe for the next decade will you then be lobbying to change back to 'look like' them? Let's stop these childish worries about other clubs eh, it's embarrassing mate..

Let's just be comfortable looking like he club we are - Southampton FC - in red, white and black.

I didn't say we should. The point was if we're going to look like someone else its better to look like someone successful.

Right I have it, this is Montreal Impacts 2013 kit (my current FM team)

Montreal-Impact-2013-adidas-third-football-shirt-a.jpg

Imagine that as a red and white striped kit, that's all I could ever ask for from a saints kit. No idea why we have 2 disappointing alternatives...

Said this all along. Lush kit. So straight forward. Very nice. Would have been great in R & W

I didn't say we should. The point was if we're going to look like someone else its better to look like someone successful.

The point is we shouldn't want to look like anyone other that SOUTHAMPTON FC! This whole pro-change lobby gets more and more pathetic by the minute...

No long sleeve option :(

And think sizing is a little less generous than Umbro.

Still, lack of LS means I won't be tempted to buy it now...

Sizing is less generous than Umbro ? You must be kidding. Depending on manufacturer i can buy Medium or Large in tops. Umbro's Saints shirts were tight and I had to go for XL......many had the same issue. So what size would we have to buy with this crappy thing then ?

Oh, and I agree about the long sleeves !

It's rather mean of the club that the 10% discount for season ticket holders in the shop doesn't apply until August 1st. Also, there is a new online payment system that doesn't give a discount for having a Saints credit card - which is the only reason I have one.

Not buying the shirt, home or away, but it won't harm the club as I've never bought a replica shirt in my life and regard the whole scam by football clubs as a rip-off that sadly, too many fans fall for. I do wear a Saints' scarf but only when the weather dictates that a scarf is needed anyway for an afternoon out.

They only served 2000 last year based on the launch day figures we got from people who'd queued and how long it took to serve them, the refusal to sell online or open the Megastore at the ground means they all get to queue outside the smallest outlet for the privilege.

The thing is, I bought the new kit from the same store on launch day in 2011 (aap3 stripes, Championship promotion season) and in 2008 (Umbro flybe admin season) and there wasn't a single other person around - purely because there was another shop open and a postage-free delivery service to get the kit online on launch day.

They're only doing this for show, and if last year is anything to go by, if you turn up at 4pm you can walk straight in without a queue.

The only remotely interesting thing about this for me today is to see if the numbers on the back of the shirt are also gold, which ups the tacky quotient about 500% and also makes them harder to see than white.

If it was striped there would have been no one there. No one.

I'd have been there at some point, maybe not on Sheep Day though, I only do launch day stuff when I know the queue has died down or doesn't exist. :)

They only served 2000 last year based on the launch day figures we got from people who'd queued and how long it took to serve them, the refusal to sell online or open the Megastore at the ground means they all get to queue outside the smallest outlet for the privilege.

The thing is, I bought the new kit from the same store on launch day in 2011 (aap3 stripes, Championship promotion season) and in 2008 (Umbro flybe admin season) and there wasn't a single other person around - purely because there was another shop open and a postage-free delivery service to get the kit online on launch day.

They're only doing this for show, and if last year is anything to go by, if you turn up at 4pm you can walk straight in without a queue.

The only remotely interesting thing about this for me today is to see if the numbers on the back of the shirt are also gold, which ups the tacky quotient about 500% and also makes them harder to see than white.

Names and numbers are white.

I dont have twitter. thanks for being helpful

basically, you have (probably) just made your statement up

Yes, I've made up what is being shown on twitter which hundreds of other people can have a look at themselves and verify. Not all of us make up stuff on the internet Brett......

I had you down as a queue through the nighter.

he cant wait to get the kit. you dont post 1000s on a single subject like this. discuss the stitching, numbering and fonte and great detail not to achieve wood on a day like this

Yes, I've made up what is being shown on twitter which hundreds of other people can have a look at themselves and verify. Not all of us make up stuff on the internet Brett......

ok. well post the pics here from twitter for the wider SWF audience. or post the link

cheers