New Home Shirt - do you like it?

stevegrant

Your opinion on the new home shirt...  

900 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on the new home shirt...

• Like it, will buy it
    • Like it, but won't buy it
    • Don't like it, won't buy it
    • Don't like it, but will buy it anyway
    • Not bothered

For me I don't hate the kit, I hate the fact it's soo similar to so many other teams kit.

Totally agree. For the first time in as long as I can remember we have nothing to distinguish it as a Saints kit. Whether it's good or bad is largely irrelevant - we have had some dire ones in the past, but have now fallen into template wilderness.

They were accepted, but then they always retained our red, white & black palette. Some were fantastic, some were bloody awful - but they were always identifiably Saints. The move from some form of stripes is a big issue, but so is the removal of the black shorts. Swapping a clear identity for genericism is never a good idea.

What if you've just robbed a bank?

Right I have it, this is Montreal Impacts 2013 kit (my current FM team)

Montreal-Impact-2013-adidas-third-football-shirt-a.jpg

Imagine that as a red and white striped kit, that's all I could ever ask for from a saints kit. No idea why we have 2 disappointing alternatives...

Exactly. That is what amazes me about this whole fiasco - it is so ridiculously easy to get it RIGHT!

Exactly. That is what amazes me about this whole fiasco - it is so ridiculously easy to get it RIGHT!

Exactly, I believe the rational of "didn't want to look like stoke or sunderland" but looking like liverpool or arsenal isn't any better. Plus picking the collar/tasteful button up adidas kit in stripes would have stood out. Sad bit is I would have paid £50 for the Montreal kit but for saints.

Exactly, I believe the rational of "didn't want to look like stoke or sunderland" but looking like liverpool or arsenal isn't any better. Plus picking the collar/tasteful button up adidas kit in stripes would have stood out. Sad bit is I would have paid £50 for the Montreal kit but for saints.

Is it better to look like someone successful of look like some average? Would you rather look like Brad Pitt or Jimmy Carr?

Is it better to look like someone successful of look like some average? Would you rather look like Brad Pitt or Jimmy Carr?

Is being a brad pitt look a like more successful than being as funny as jimmy carr?? short term maybe but long term id rather be funny than having to turn up stripping for old ladies.

Either way I just like having the collar on the kit, that would have been something nice, like charlton last year with the all red affair, didn't look amazing (not cafc red) but had a quality collar.

Is being a brad pitt look a like more successful than being as funny as jimmy carr?? short term maybe but long term id rather be funny than having to turn up stripping for old ladies.

Either way I just like having the collar on the kit, that would have been something nice, like charlton last year with the all red affair, didn't look amazing (not cafc red) but had a quality collar.

I would say Brad Pitt will still pull more women and is more successful than Jimmy Carr. If you're happy to be the chubby funny guy that is described as 'a genuine bloke' rather than someone everyone wishes they were then that's up to you.

Just for a sense of perspective here is a reminder of some of our hopeless kits over the last 30 years. Not even sure this ranks in the top 5 of disasters. Some of the 90s kits were an abomination. Frankly most of us remember shirts with fondness simply because of results and performance from the team wearing it. If we do as we'll as NC is planning this year in 20 years we'll all be calling this one a classic

Most teams' kits were.

There's no reason to suggest why it would. Why would you suddey honk what a great kit because we won something in I.

Out of interest, who might have bought for instance an 80-85 inspired shirt out of those of us who haven't bought a shirt for 10-20-30 years. Even if it was something to bring out of the packaging admire and then put away in the knowledge football shirt wearing is for football players and kids.

I would have considered it.

If anyone tells me what does it matter what they wear they have no idea.

I have always fancied buying a recycled copied football top from a lower tier team and wearing it.............................

I'm in a half mind to buy the Bristol city one and wear it and see if anyone notices. I did say it was **** though.

Had they done just that, there'd still be *****ing and whining about the shade of red, thickness of stripes, cost, number of stripes, detail badge, numbers etc. People love to have a good moan and Saintsweb as a whole seems to excel at it...

I would say Brad Pitt will still pull more women and is more successful than Jimmy Carr. If you're happy to be the chubby funny guy that is described as 'a genuine bloke' rather than someone everyone wishes they were then that's up to you.

Depressingly summing up my chances with women and justifying having to look like successful(ish) prem teams instead of our selves. *doffs cap till tomorrow*

Brentford fans will be delighted with your summary (as that's what they're wearing)... just as much cheap teamwear crap as the new home shirt, but if we had that I'd love it.

Off the shelf is ok if done properly!!!

Most teams' kits were.

There's no reason to suggest why it would. Why would you suddey honk what a great kit because we won something in I.

Out of interest, who might have bought for instance an 80-85 inspired shirt out of those of us who haven't bought a shirt for 10-20-30 years. Even if it was something to bring out of the packaging admire and then put away in the knowledge football shirt wearing is for football players and kids.

I would have considered it.

If anyone tells me what does it matter what they wear they have no idea.

I for one would've joined the queue snaking around West Quay to get my paws on one. The mock up posted on the earlier thread was awesome. Shame.

For me I don't hate the kit, I hate the fact it's soo similar to so many other teams kit.

Exactly how I feel added to the fact you can buy it for £18 plain (without badge & sponsor).

£50 for the shirt......seriously?

Had they done just that, there'd still be *****ing and whining about the shade of red, thickness of stripes, cost, number of stripes, detail badge, numbers etc. People love to have a good moan and Saintsweb as a whole seems to excel at it...

No doubt, But i don't think you'd get Polls showing 60% (TSW) or The Echo's 72% of people saying that they don't like it.

Massive PR boob.

No doubt, But i don't think you'd get Polls showing 60% (TSW) or The Echo's 72% of people saying that they don't like it.

Massive PR boob.

Like most things. Most saints fans will probably calm right down after a few days.

Just look at the fury immediately after adkins was sacked. come Everton game. it was quite muted, considering

Massive PR boob.

Correct. A red and white kit would get some debate around "don't like the collar" and so on, but the vast majority would be positive to non plussed.

This isn't the case here obviously.

Like most things. Most saints fans will probably calm right down after a few days.

Just look at the fury immediately after adkins was sacked. come Everton game. it was quite muted, considering

Of course they'll calm down. Even the most ardent whinger on here recognises its only a flipping shirt. And while it would be much better if we wore something more in keeping with our history, we'll move on from it. That doesn't mean to say that the change will be truly accepted; fans will just grin and bear it, and we'll get used to the fact that we supporta side that wear a kit most fans think is sh*t.

Predominantly for the fact that because a lot of people want to support the team in the latest home shirt, so there's f*ck all we can actually do about it.

Any middle aged porkers posted a picture of them testing the seams of the new shirt yet? That always make it look much better IMO.

There are few people that can pull off a Soccerball shirt better than a 45 year old man stood at the bar in a pub, pint in one hand, pork scratchings in the other with the shirt snuggly moulded round his huge beer gut.

Brentford fans will be delighted with your summary (as that's what they're wearing)... just as much cheap teamwear crap as the new home shirt, but if we had that I'd love it.

As someone who goes to Brentford games as well as supports Saints I think this striped shirt might a good investment for me! I'd probably never buy a Brentford shirt as I'm not really a fan but with this I could wear to support both.. cool.