New Home Shirt - do you like it?

stevegrant

Your opinion on the new home shirt...  

900 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on the new home shirt...

• Like it, will buy it
    • Like it, but won't buy it
    • Don't like it, won't buy it
    • Don't like it, but will buy it anyway
    • Not bothered

As if last seasons kits weren't bad enough they now serve up another abortion which looks like a Liverpool shirt. The Gold badges & sponsorship look cheap & tacky. The shirt is nothing more than a stock training top from the Adidas catalogue.

The Poll results say it all. The club has completely ignored the opinion of those that matter most... The fans!

Disgraceful.

Cheap and nasty looking. Stickers instead of embroidery, very market stall. All that gold makes it look even more tin pot. I'm assuming the numbers and names will be gold as well. And as for those white patches on the sleeves. Quite like the socks though.

Cheap and nasty looking. Stickers instead of embroidery, very market stall. All that gold makes it look even more tin pot. I'm assuming the numbers and names will be gold as well. And as for those white patches on the sleeves. Quite like the socks though.

Numbers will be white I would have thought.

Chill out pal

Now I've chilled out can I just say if you don't like this shirt don't buy it. It doesn't make you a bad person or a bad supporter. I was looking at a video of Pompey v Saints from 1987 the other day. Not one Saints supporter in a Saints shirt. It's a fairly new phenomenom. It doesn't have to be this way.

Like it just don't like the fact Adidas have been very lazy, exactly the same as so many other kits out there!

perhaps we don't sell enough to make a tailor made kit commercially viable. Doubt if Adidas just do it all for free. We obviously aren't going to play in stripes for the forseeable future so any other kit is as good as another. Then again perhaps trying to change our sponsor and apparently failing set us back in time so that at the end of the day we had to go for an off the peg jobby.

perhaps we don't sell enough to make a tailor made kit commercially viable. Doubt if Adidas just do it all for free. We obviously aren't going to play in stripes for the forseeable future so any other kit is as good as another.

I think it was more to do with the fact that we've only just signed the contract with them. I don't think design teams (even at big multi-nationals) work that quick.

50 pound? 50 effing pound. Screw you Adidas... Screw you in your corporate asses. Bring back our own label even if the quality was a bit naff

This is what annoys me the most about this whole sorry saga, the fact the kit was £42? last season, and this year they give us season ticket holders 10% off to make out we're getting a bit of a return on our loyalty. Then they put the shirt up to £50 making it £45 for us and we still end up paying more than last season. Absolute bunch of ****s.

By the by, I thought some sort of law was put in place about 10 years ago regarding how often a football club could change their shirt following a bit of uproar over Man U having about 10 kits in 3 years?

I was looking at a video of Pompey v Saints from 1987 the other day. Not one Saints supporter in a Saints shirt. It's a fairly new phenomenom. It doesn't have to be this way.

You'd have to be mentalist to wear colours for away trip to portsmouth, to be fair

Can someone explain the justification for the massive price hike? I've only bought the sash kit out of all the recent shirts but I'm sure this was around £40. Why are the club now charging £50 and £40(!) for children's shirts - complete rip-off. Obviously we're not as high up in the Adidas pecking order as West Ham are with their bespoke template. Very disappointed for the 2nd year in a row.

So what you're saying is that you're the perfect marketing guinea pig who will buy absolutely any old **** the club decide to throw your way? Brilliant. What was the point in your "campaign" when you're not even going to stand by your own convictions when it comes to actually standing up for your opinion?

Not buying a £42 shirt is not going to damage the club when it will be bringing in more than £60m in broadcast and prize money next season, along with around £15m in gate receipts.

Shirts will cost £50 for Adults, £40 for Kids

so not only sh*t shirt but costing significantly more than last season too

I see that PSV Eindhoven are abandonning stripes for a solid red shirt this year as well, ostensibly because it's their 100th anniversary, maybe some traditional basis for that. Stripes seem to be less and less in vogue. Sponsorship perhaps. I know in the UK we have a unique shirt sponsor but in some countries they have several and I can only think the white sleeve patches on our new kit are more designed with that in mind on a global basis.

I used to wear red and white stripes when I worked behind the deli counter in ASDA.

One of the reasons I'm not precious about them.

This kit has loads more white on it than last year, is better than last year and looks better on than it did laid out across a piece of cardboard (who knew, eh?)

its for the huge Asian fanbase we are aiming to attract

its sh**

again we are looking like Liverpool.

thank god im old enough not to need a saints shirt

At least you can just order some more red smoke bombs for next season. Red and White would be more difficult to co-ordinate!

Home kit is terrible on every level imo.

Away kit looked ok in the mock up yesterday, but seeing it today with that huge V neck has even made that look horrid.

And charging £50 for a generic design?? Feck off Adidas. Stripes again for me next season.

Yesterday's "mock up" was just some idiot trying to be clever, we already knew months ago what style the away kit was with the big V, though the trim colour was subject to some conjecture until reveal. Actually you can barely tell now if it's white or silver on the shirts.

I see that PSV Eindhoven are abandonning stripes for a solid red shirt this year as well, ostensibly because it's their 100th anniversary, maybe some traditional basis for that. Stripes seem to be less and less in vogue. Sponsorship perhaps. I know in the UK we have a unique shirt sponsor but in some countries they have several and I can only think the white sleeve patches on our new kit are more designed with that in mind on a global basis.

No-one has a problem with one off anniversary colours, most people (except docker p) loved the sash. It's the rebrand by stealth that's bugging me.

No-one has a problem with one off anniversary colours, most people (except docker p) loved the sash. It's the rebrand by stealth that's bugging me.

Not sure of your point re: the sleeve patches - the template can be done with same-colour patches too, Chelsea's kit is the same but with a different (bespoke) collar and decent weave pattern in the design, same for Bayern's. The break in the adidas stripes coincides with the wider use of competition logos on sleeves circa 2001.

At least you can just order some more red smoke bombs for next season. Red and White would be more difficult to co-ordinate!

you must be really hating the poll results at the top of this page Charlie , keep up plugging the club PR though

I honestly am not that bothered. Its just funny how much people can hate a kit. Its a kit, and it is clearly better than last year.

the argument that it is "just a kit" is ignoring the discussion on the abandonment of the club history and heritage. this is something many fans have an issue with clearly.

the argument that it is "just a kit" is ignoring the discussion on the abandonment of the club history and heritage. this is something many fans have an issue with clearly.

The clappers will airbrush the relevance of this out of history as we got back to back promotions.................

The clappers will airbrush the relevance of this out of history as we got back to back promotions.................

what were your thoughts during the 80s? what did you do about the kits then? did you organise a protest about our all red top with white bits on the sleave?