New Home Shirt - do you like it?

stevegrant

Your opinion on the new home shirt...  

900 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on the new home shirt...

• Like it, will buy it
    • Like it, but won't buy it
    • Don't like it, won't buy it
    • Don't like it, but will buy it anyway
    • Not bothered

This http://www.live4soccer.co.uk/acatalog/Adidas_Tiro_13_Jersey_-_University_Red_White.html#.Uc2DiWt5mSM plus an iron on club badge and you've got a shirt for about £25.

Mind you, the teamwear shirt is not exactly the same as the new kit shirt. There's a seam across the chest and white under the arms too.

Just shows how cheap the shirts are though.. I will only be getting one for my son but the near-as-damn-it base shirt retailing for £12.75 is a proper kick in the b0ll0cks never mind the design.

less 10% for ST holders at the mega stores from the 1st August ?

ah the good old 10% saving , some on here claimed that would make up for the season ticket increase of £30 , yet even with this saving the shirt still costs MORE than last year's. some saving that is.

Poor photoshop but just wanted to get a rough idea of what it would have looked like without the awful gold on it:

2gwtcp2.jpg

Much better imo.....

Agreed. Just need to lose the aap smiley thing which is really distracting and a very bad piece of graphic design IMO.

less 10% for ST holders at the mega stores from the 1st August ?

ah the good old 10% saving , some on here claimed that would make up for the season ticket increase of £30 , yet even with this saving the shirt still costs MORE than last year's. some saving that is.

good point. Like everything. You are free not to buy any of it

Poor photoshop but just wanted to get a rough idea of what it would have looked like without the awful gold on it:

2gwtcp2.jpg

Much better imo.....

Good job, could have stomached that, would have complied when the kids start asking for it.

The actual kit is not coming in my house.

good point. Like everything. You are free not to buy any of it

don't buy myself but have done as a present , kid sizes, £40 this year is a joke. will encourage something else which is a shame as remember when I was young always nice to get saints shirt to wear over the park for a kickabout

don't buy myself but have done as a present , kid sizes, £40 this year is a joke. will encourage something else which is a shame as remember when I was young always nice to get saints shirt to wear over the park for a kickabout

£50 for an adult shirt is mental really.

just had a look at the mailonline link again. we dont even have the worst kit this season. There are some right shockers out there in the prem

this was the scene last summer on launch day. depsite a majority on here stating they did not like the kit at all.

I wonder if it will be like this again this weekend? £50 a pop is steep, ffs

AwtjrG_CQAAOw-Y.jpg

It does always amuse me people that queue to buy the new shirt. Wearing their old Saints shirt.

2gwtcp2.jpg

Much better imo.....

Yes, much better. Better photoshop than the job done on the official photos too!

Just sent this to the Club. I'll let you know when my ST gets revoked.

"Dear Mr Cortese

I felt I had to send this to register my displeasure, and great disappoinment with the latest Home shirt kit launch.

I must ask, do you really understand the Southampton Football Supporter ?

Do you actually care about what he/she thinks ?

Last season 2012/13 we had an ALL RED kit, which made us look like Liverpool

Now, this season 2013/14 we have a shirt which makes us look like Arsenal

What would you think if suddenly, the cross was taken away from the Swiss National Flag, of the Italian Flag was changed to all Red ??

Supporters CARE about their Club, but Heritage and Tradition means a lot to us.

I am only one Supporter, but I will definitely not be purchasing something which in my view does NOT look like A Southampton shirt. I will take great pride in still my RED and WHITE stripe shirt for the coming season, and I am convinced that many other Supporters will do the same.

Suffice to say, I am most displeased with the latest merchandise, which I consider to be nothing like what most long standing and loyal supporters were wishing for"

2gwtcp2.jpg

Much better imo.....

I'ts still not great, particularly as a follow up to another all red effort, but at least it's not disgusting this way.

"Dear Mr Cortese

I felt I had to send this to register my displeasure, and great disappoinment with the latest Home shirt kit launch.

What would you think if suddenly, the cross was taken away from the Swiss National Flag, of the Italian Flag was changed to all Red ??

I am only one Supporter, but I will definitely not be purchasing something which in my view does NOT look like A Southampton shirt. I will take great pride in still my RED and WHITE stripe shirt for the coming season, and I am convinced that many other Supporters will do the same.

Suffice to say, I am most displeased with the latest merchandise, which I consider to be nothing like what most long standing and loyal supporters were wishing for"

Top effort pal, how DO you DECIDE which WORDS should be IN capitals?

"Dear Mr Cortese

Speak for yourself but not others pal. Grotesquely arrogant to think you can send letters referencing what "most" supporters think.

Otherwise fair enough for actually bothering to send something in :lol:

"Dear Mr Cortese

My e-mail to the club although as much from the heart as yours, to my detriment, was a little less diplomatic than yours. My words were a little shorter and more succinct but I feel carried the sentiment I was looking for.

May I make a suggestion. Please if ignore me (just as the club probably will) but please could all those who feel that the loss of the stripes is as I do a loss of a bit of our heritage, please e-mail, snail mail, tweet, phone or however suits you, inform the club of your displeasure at seeing our heritage thrown out like some piece of old cloth.

Speak for yourself but not others pal. Grotesquely arrogant to think you can send letters referencing what "most" supporters think.

Otherwise fair enough for actually bothering to send something in :lol:

Sorry, perhaps I should have said something like " the many thousands observed wearing Saints Red and White stripes on any home matchday" , but they were too many to count.

I'm confused. I thought that stripes were essential to the kit?

Do people actually know why they hate it or just do because its en vogue?

Come on Charlie, you've been an mboarder long enough to know that todays 'outrage' will be tomorrows tuts, followed by next weeks 'fastest selling shirt in history' propoganda on the OS and on the first day of the season SMS will be awash with fat men in football shirts.