New Home Shirt - do you like it?

stevegrant

Your opinion on the new home shirt...  

900 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on the new home shirt...

• Like it, will buy it
    • Like it, but won't buy it
    • Don't like it, won't buy it
    • Don't like it, but will buy it anyway
    • Not bothered

The goalkeeper shirts look really nice, especially the away one. Away kit looks smart, home is boring.

Unless it is worn at home or when we play in Red away, you won't get to see it.

In my mind there is no way The FA will let us have our keeper wearing a shirt that is so close in colour to the players kit - another kit boo boo.

Any news on the 3rd strip?

So the designs, including the sponsor, must have been there for a number of weeks. The only way that Ramirez, Yoshida and JWP could have been in the photo shoot was if it was done before the Confederations Cup.

Think I might just wait until 9am tomorrow before passing judgement.

Well, I've waited, and it looks as tacky as the one that was posted yesterday. Total abortion of a shirt, what are the white things on the sleeves, look like they have been patched on? Really really poor. But then Adidas has always been one of the tackier brands. The away might grow on me but at the moment I'm not very keen, as said elsewhere looks a bit like a rugby league kit. I assume the pictures are all photo-shopped, given that Gaston at least is still in Brazil or has this kit been doing the rounds since April?

Curious.

When have I ever indicated that I am one of the stripe fetishists, or that I want stripes now ?

The Hummel kits were all tacky and cheap-looking, it had little to do with the overall scheme (apart from the truly bloody awful blue flame effort), it was the detail and styling.

That second hummel one wasn't tacky.

And Hummel didn't do the Blue Flame kit.

Surprise surprise, it looks better worn than draped across a box in a warehouse. I'm fine with both. They're just kits at the end of the day. Stripey socks, stripes (in kind) on the shirt and shorts. I'm sure we can soldier through a season with that.

£50 for a shirt is a bit rich mind, ST holder discount or not.

I know things evolve, and as far as the away shirt goes, that to me should be the one that chops and changes. I came across this www where it seems stripes arrived in 1896 http://www.teammead.co.uk/saintsfc/1896.htm. We can forget the shirts from 1985-1989, but like the shirt at the beginning of the 80s or the one 99/00

We haven't gone quite as far as Cardiff, who changed colour and got a truly crap top, but I want stripes (or one stripe at least!)

So the designs, including the sponsor, must have been there for a number of weeks. The only way that Ramirez, Yoshida and JWP could have been in the photo shoot was if it was done before the Confederations Cup.

There are no shots in the video of the sponsor logo on the shirts the players are wearing! Just on the rack.

It looks ok in the players and surprised with the striped socks.

In the vid were they playing as saints in the new kit ? White shorts on there !

Thought I was going to like the away kit but that white V is way too big for me.

Away goalie top looks nice, will get one for the nipper as he likes orange.

Always think its interesting who they choose for the shoots, think there is something to both gaston and Luke being there.

Won't buy it, would buy several of the modern xerox kit that was on here, can we get a production run if those made up :)

Looks like the aap3 logo and saints badge have been photoshopped in doesn't it?

yep, i'm sure it has. when you watch the video on youtube, not once do they show a player wearing the kit with the aap3 logo on it. they are always shot head and shoulders of from behind.

but that's alright, they obviously just didn't have the sponsor sorted by then. no big deal really i guess.

the biggest deal though is how unimaginative the home shirt is! not that i'm genuinely that bothered mind, its just a shirt. do think some people take things like this too seriously.

At the risk of appearing a bit hypocritical, I was fairly ambivalent toward a bit of nylon and certainly not precious of the stripes. But this is truly awful. If you are going to have gold crest - at least do the stripes to match! And to have a sewn in badge and an iron on sponsors logo. Well thats just cheap.

I would rather look like Liverpool (last year) than Bristol City (this year). Kits are the same near as damn it.

Thought I might buy the away kit but better to at least show a splash of red at home games so will stick with last years kit or maybe even go back to the stripes of 11/12

Thought it would be difficult to top last years monstrosity, but they have managed it.

A drab, boring, bland, generic Adidas template, which says NOTHING about the history and tradition of Southampton Football Club. Truly awful.

Four replica kit sales lost in this household. Give the fans what they want to see the team in next year - red & white stripes.