New Home Shirt - do you like it?

stevegrant

Your opinion on the new home shirt...  

900 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on the new home shirt...

• Like it, will buy it
    • Like it, but won't buy it
    • Don't like it, won't buy it
    • Don't like it, but will buy it anyway
    • Not bothered

Am I right in thinking this will be the third kit not to feature our 'standard' red and white stripes, under the Cortese premiership?

We had the sash, the pinstripes and now this gold monstrosity.

They're doing a good job of indicating they don't like us in stripes - whether or not that is actually the case remains to be seen.

:facepalm:

Shirt sales make up such a small proportion of the club's revenue that buying the shirt doesn't really make much difference other than adding to a number that Pravda can then trot out and say "it was our best/fastest selling shirt of all time". However, because of the way these things tend to work, it would put a hell of a lot of pressure on those lower down the food chain but still in decision-making positions at the club if a particular shirt sold really badly in comparison to the previous one.

Not buying the shirt if you want change can make a difference, it just requires other people to do likewise, which is the main problem due to the sheep-like mentality of football fans.

Which is why I will understand if people do not buy the shirt. As I said, the group was to raise awareness of the desire of many fans of Saints to see the team return to stripes.... no further agenda or aim, the group description is as follows:

A group created to emphasise the desire of the supporters of Southampton Football Club to see our team return to wearing our traditional Red and White Striped kit.

This is a group with no further political desire or comment. It just wants to see Saints abandon the 'all red' creations of the last two years and return to a strip that is actually reflective of our identity. Namely: A striped shirt, black shorts and red/white socks.

Of course we respect that there may be a spread of opinion on the kit, but please, respect our right to protest and we will respect your right to differ.

I am not trying to lead a shirt burning rabble... just raise the profile of this as it had started to get a little swept under the carpet. as I said, although things are at an early and small scale right now, it appears to be working.

There are arguments for and against both courses of action.

It's not for me to say how people should protest... I just wanted to start a group exclaiming a desire for the club to return to red and white stripes. It turns out that currently close to 200 people agree with me and have joined.

I wanted to highlight the issue. As things stand, it's working, albeit in a small way.

But how would you be damaging the club?

But how would you be damaging the club?

If there was a boycott it would cause short term damage by harming immediate sales.

Yes there may be long term benefit... but that is speculation.

As I said there are for/against arguments for many approaches that could be taken.

Well, as always it's a matter of personal taste. For me, stripes year in year out became rather boring - there's only so much variation you can have. I was pleased to get away from stripes for a while with the sash kit and last years shirt. I quite like this years too and will buy it. I confidently predict that on Sunday there will be a large queue when the shirt goes on sale.

Having said that, I prefer some of the 'mock up' shirts that appeared on the 'shirt thread' - my favourite being in post 1037, followed by that in 1061.

If there was a boycott it would cause short term damage by harming immediate sales.

Yes there may be long term benefit... but that is speculation.

As I said there are for/against arguments for many approaches that could be taken.

But I thought the point of your campaign was for a long-term benefit or is that just speculation? What short-term damage would be caused to Saints by selling a few thousand less shirts for example?

But I thought the point of your campaign was for a long-term benefit or is that just speculation? What short-term damage would be caused to Saints by selling a few thousand less shirts for example?

The desire is to see the team play in stripes. I have no idea what effect that would have on the finances!!! It could be positive, could be negative... simply do not know.

It's all about trying to raise the profile of a preference for the team to play in stripes by some supporters.

Away Kit ISNT black and gold, From the latest picture I've seen, but actually predominently black with white in the same places as the home kit. Silver Logo and sponsor

Shame, I'd have probably gone for it if black and gold, Will be £84 richer in the next few months.

Probably the worst shirt we have had in the NC era.

As generic as generic get's.

It is a shame we are getting further away from our stripes but if I had a choice I would go for the sash style shirt. That was our best shirt for years imo.

Looks as though NC is trying to copy the whole "red sells in asia" type thing.

It's rubbish but not because it isn't stripes or has some gold on it. It's just a rubbish piece of design.

The Bristol City one looks rubbish. The Swansea one looks rubbish. It's rubbish.

Could I please urge anyone who thinks it's rubbish not to buy it FFS?

The only good thing I can say about that hideous shirt is that Help for Heroes get £20 from me.

It looks even worse than the previous leak; dreadfully tacky. I think our kit "design" team must be blind. At Bristol City had the good sense to keep their logo etc in keeping with the red and white theme. Red, white and chav gold looks atrocious.

What a steaming pile of wombat do's.

Is this some sort of sick attempt to make last years steaming pile of crap look half decent after all?

And as for the Gold - I don't really know where to start. Intrigued to see how it'll stand up to a few washes. Fools Gold.

The club can most certainly stick it where the sun don't shine.

I'm not precious about stripes so long as it's red and white. Not terrible IMHO ... but could have been so much better. Probably won't buy it but then I haven't bought a shirt since the sash.

I like black kits so foolishly have high hopes for the away strip.:?

Having seen the Bristol City kit, I've changed my mind.

Why do they do this? We pay out all this money for a big name kit supplier and get generic sh*t. Why do the club not use some of the templates mocked up on this forum ffs, they are always good.

I love this site... Somebody puts a badly photoshopped shirt on a cardboard box., and people think its real... Same sort of people who believe in politicians, and fairies at the bottom of your garden.

Unless I'm missing the tongue in cheek comments, of course.

Just zoomed in on the picture for the first time...definitely photoshopped. Feeling much better about it now.

IF this is the kit, I note 2 things:

1) It turns out I actually liked the last 2 Saints shirts.

2) For the first time in years and years I'm not going to buy a Saints shirt at the start of the season primarily because it looks like a really ****e club Rugby shirt.

It also doesn't help that it has no stripes. No block stripes, no pinstripes, no nothing. Hopefully it is a training shirt and a basic, striped shirt is in the pipeline without chavvy gold stencil toss all over it.