New Home Shirt - do you like it?

stevegrant

Your opinion on the new home shirt...  

900 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on the new home shirt...

• Like it, will buy it
    • Like it, but won't buy it
    • Don't like it, won't buy it
    • Don't like it, but will buy it anyway
    • Not bothered

Not a massive fan of the new shirt, if indeed that is the new shirt. If another primarily all red shirt and maybe shorts is correct, it would nice to know why we've moved away from our more traditional stripes. Cardiff made a more drastic change but at least they explained why! Also, weren't there rumours of a new signing perhaps showing off the new kit, I wonder if this is true although technically Lovren is a new signing and could be used for this function...

i am torn.

i don't like the fact we are not in stripes, we are stripes after all, but then again, i liked the 100 year anniversary kit, the bacon rasher of colin clarke et al, and the 125 year kit! there were some boring stripey versions recently, (flybe with black thick stripes down arm, for one), so i am holding out until i see it on. probably on my son as he will want one.

anyway, look at nigel adkins. no one wanted him gone, but everyone has dealt with it. the king is dead, long live the king.

stripes will return!

Not bothered

Forgetting the design for a moment - 4th shirt in 4 years, and with change of sponsor expected next season, most likely 5 in 5.

Wasn't that long ago fans moaned about this sort of thing, now its a social media frenzy because we 'might' have seen something a day early.

Is it just me that finds the idea of a premier league team playing in an Adidas stock kit whilst all the other Adidas equipped teams in the PL seem to have their own type of kit hard to believe? That kit looks like something we would train in and not a match kit which would be in effect an advert for Adidas.

FWIW I think that it is pretty crap, seems to me that Adidas are pulling the strings and have emphasised their '3 stripe' shoulder for their own benefit (it is just one of their regular warm up tops with our badge and sponsor on it!) rather than promoting any Saints tradition !

If we also have red shorts and socks then it's Liverpool mark 2, yet again !

No imagination, not Saints, not for me....

Grrrr...

we shall see tomorrow at 9, still not fussed either way, I watch the team not the shirt. As long as we've the right blokes wearing it we could be attired in sackcloth or lincoln green for all I care. Only the wearer counts and as I wouldn't be seen dead in a replica shirt it just doesn't matter to me.

and what's with the tacky cardboard package ?

Perversely, I think that this is what makes it credible !

Shirts like these would normally be delivered in that type of carton and a 'whistleblower' could well have just plucked one out and taken a quick snap !

Might be wrong, mind..... !

I meant to click not bothered... and I'm really not bothered about it, tbh. It's ok, stripes, red, whatever. It's Saints, they play at St. Mary's, in Southampton and to me, it's still Saints if a little unfamiliar looking when watching them. Oh well. Roll on the season, when we'll have bigger things to worry about/look forward to!

I meant to click not bothered... and I'm really not bothered about it, tbh. It's ok, stripes, red, whatever. It's Saints, they play at St. Mary's, in Southampton and to me, it's still Saints if a little unfamiliar looking when watching them. Oh well. Roll on the season, when we'll have bigger things to worry about/look forward to!

I wonder how many people sit at St Mary's during games and even give a second thought as to what we are wearing?

Perversely, I think that this is what makes it credible !

Shirts like these would normally be delivered in that type of carton and a 'whistleblower' could well have just plucked one out and taken a quick snap !

Might be wrong, mind..... !

Well evidently I shall just have to bow to your superior knowledge of tacky cardboard packages and their contents then. :rolleyes:

You're never gonna be quoted by Daily Mail "Fury!" articles if you keep coming out with this kind of pragmatism :)

Grown men should not wear football shirts unless playing. Doesn't bother me its about how we play and how we do. I'm sure some will moan for the sake of it and some will use it to attack Cortese.

Well evidently I shall just have to bow to your superior knowledge of tacky cardboard packages and their contents then. :rolleyes:

You may well be joking but I was in the rag trade for 40 years and have been to factories all over Asia (including those which produce these flimsy polyester rip-off shirts!) and believe me, these cartons are standard issue !

Beyond that, I know nothing !

Really hope that monstrosity turns out to be fake. Can we just cling to the hope that the club have leaked this rubbish to wind us up before they release the Rank Xerox classic everyone wants to see? (Or at least some stripes)

Absolutely horrendous, even worse than last years and that was awful. Whoever came up with this garbage should be shot

Youre right wouldnt have happened with a fanontheboard. Cortese is making our club a laughing stock.

I voted "I don't like it, but will buy it anyways"

This is purely down to the last shirt I brought was the 'sash' and have worn it to games every season since. Its now pretty old and is needing a replacement unfortunately :(

I may see if there's any retro shirts in the store for this season and get one of those instead. This, and the last seasons shirt have been awful imo.

If it's also over £45 they can stick it. One season rotation at those prices is a rip off, especially if its not an entirely unique design to us.

I'm sure they'll sell *we get told by the marketing dept* record breaking numbers, and I'll probably be one of them unless i can find an alternative. Could just buy a plain red t-shirt tbh... Would be practically the same thing ffs. In fact can i change my answer to "i don't like it, and i not buying one. I'm going to get a red t-shirt for £3 at primark" Thx

IF this is the actual shirt, then am I the only one who thinks the sleeves look a bloody mess?

Caveat: If this is the real thing.

I agree Phil, the sleeves look very poor. I note the nice and subtle changes to the club emblem but please NOT in gold.

The shirt, generally, reminds me of Arsenal so I'm not impressed in that respect.

We do need a general style which says Southampton but that does negate the full on stripes which we are all used to

(e.g. Stoke, Sunderland). Last season's home shirt grew on me but I can't see this one doing so.

I know I'm being critical and sadly I have no real alternative to offer.

I will not buy this, if it turns out to be the shirt.

Gold... No I will not do it.

Wrong crest, but looks like the one that has been on the program's for a while, so looks like the club are modernising the crest.

The crest is crocked!

It is terrible.

sale of replica shirts has become a common rip-off across football but fans must blame themselves for falling for it. The cynical marketing ploy is that each year's shirt has to be noticeably different or fans will carry on using an old shirt. So that's what fans should do. If you want stripes wear stripes, regardless of what shirt is being used on the pitch.