New Home Shirt - do you like it?

stevegrant

Your opinion on the new home shirt...  

900 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on the new home shirt...

• Like it, will buy it
    • Like it, but won't buy it
    • Don't like it, won't buy it
    • Don't like it, but will buy it anyway
    • Not bothered

looks like a fake to me, perhaps to through fans of the scent and create an element of surprise when the kit turns out to be striped. If not then its worse than last season, and that was as poor in style and quality as football kits come. Plenty of mugs will still buy it though. I prefer to spen dmy money on tickets.

Blatantly not out first team strip, maybe our training top. The crest is wonky yet the sponsor logo is real but that doesn't mean it's genuine.

The OS even refers to us being back in stripes FFS.

10hrs and counting.

The design of the new kits has been the talk of Southampton and beyond throughout the summer with fans desperate to get a glimpse of the new strips that Mauricio Pochettino's side will wear in the forthcoming Barclays Premier League campaign.

Those months of rumours and gossip will finally come to an end on Friday morning when the striking new strips will be revealed on saintsfc.co.uk and across the Club’s social media channels on Twitter, Facebook and Google+.

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/your-new-kit-is-coming-882412.aspx#yjB1H0QcObZA8p6g.99

What happened to the rumours of the sponsor being bought out of their deal, and the club getting in a new big name? Was that just more typical web guff and nonsense? So no Red Bull?

Or is it conspiracy time, with a few false leads to throw everyone in the wrong direction, and this shirt is exposd as hype and nonsense?

Didn't we have the same debate last year, everyone criticising the design, and then record sales?

And then, the year before, with the sash, and everyone getting heated about that?

We could just hold fire until the announcement, then everybody fire off their criticism, regardless, even if we like it! After all, let's not give Cortese the thought we might agree with what he is doing!!

What happened to the rumours of the sponsor being bought out of their deal, and the club getting in a new big name?

Don't know about a big name but I know for a fact that the club was touting around companies to take over the shirt sponsorship from this summer, which suggests to me they thought they'd get enough from a new sponsor to make it worthwhile ditching aap3 and paying compensation. As it turns out, they've obviously not found anyone who will pay enough, for whatever reason.

What happened to the rumours of the sponsor being bought out of their deal, and the club getting in a new big name? Was that just more typical web guff and nonsense? So no Red Bull?

No, that was true, and it was Lotus Cars. Not red bull, hence the gold. aap3, by default, came back in at the last minute after things broke down.

I'm just hoping as others have said that this is an elaborate wind-up. The fact that the badge on the 'home shirt' is skewed gives me hope that it is a hoax. Also the fact that the logos, etc. are all in gold makes them look like transfer stickers that someone has just stuck onto some training tops or kit-wear that they have got hold of from somewhere. I suspect if they had been in all white they would have looked even more like transfer stickers, so I reckon if I were wanting to mock up a hoax kit, running with gold logos, etc. would be more effective than anything else, unless I was prepared to go to some expense.

If this turns out to genuinely be the Saints kit, then I shall know it as the 'Gullible Saints Kit' as anyone who is prepared to buy it must be incredibly gullible! That having been said, it is possibly not the worst and most un-Saints-like Saints kit ever - that award must go to last season's abomination of a Liverpool/Forest 1980's kit (which is what I will continue to call it whenever I refer to it!)

SAVE OUR STRIPES!!!!

Here's hoping for good news in the morning that it is a hoax!

So this is what the new home shirt will look like...

Kl1AVSB.jpg

What do you think? Do you like it? If not, will you still buy it anyway?

OK for those that believe this is a fake based only on the wonky badge, look a the box that the shirt is laying on - it's not even. That can cause the badge to appear to be wonky . Also the front of the shirt is being pulled at the top from right to left in the picture (which you can see from the creases in the top left and the fact that this v in the neck is out of line with the label on the inside back of the shirt) which is also contributing to a wonky badge.

The badge is fine.

Give the information we have had over the past month or two, this picture ties in with it. Also I have heard (via FB so must be true :?) shop staff have confirmed it's real.

I'll put myself out there and say, this is not fake - it is the kit that'll be announced in 4 hours time!

I'm just hoping as others have said that this is an elaborate wind-up. The fact that the badge on the 'home shirt' is skewed gives me hope that it is a hoax. Also the fact that the logos, etc. are all in gold makes them look like transfer stickers that someone has just stuck onto some training tops or kit-wear that they have got hold of from somewhere. I suspect if they had been in all white they would have looked even more like transfer stickers, so I reckon if I were wanting to mock up a hoax kit, running with gold logos, etc. would be more effective than anything else, unless I was prepared to go to some expense.

If this turns out to genuinely be the Saints kit, then I shall know it as the 'Gullible Saints Kit' as anyone who is prepared to buy it must be incredibly gullible! That having been said, it is possibly not the worst and most un-Saints-like Saints kit ever - that award must go to last season's abomination of a Liverpool/Forest 1980's kit (which is what I will continue to call it whenever I refer to it!)

SAVE OUR STRIPES!!!!

Here's hoping for good news in the morning that it is a hoax!

The badge and Adidas logo in the picture don't look like transfers, the look sewn on and they don't bend with the creases (like the sponsor does). In any case I'd expect someone doing a fake mock up to have ensured that the badge looked straight before sending out the pic to social media (see my previous post for the reason the badge looks wonky)

I'm undecided on it. Will have to see it being worn.

Me too by Lucy Pinder, and she must be wearing nothing but the shirt, oh and it must be in the flesh too, not a picture. Lastly she will need to be tugging me off whilst wearing it. Only then will I buy it.

Jesus guys, talk about not seeing the wood for the trees.........

It doesnt matter if the photo is a fake or not. All indicators/rumours suggest this is the kit we are getting. Maybe someone has seen it or paid close attention to the rumours and has simply done their best, with limited photoshop skills to provide a mock-up ??

This kit is going to be an unmittigated disaster. Its the worst kit we've had since the Hummel days (every one of which I utterly detested). I am regrettably superstitious, and think things like kits have a subliminal effect on performance, so I think this kit (in conjunction with a transfer window that appears to be going wrong - again) could take us down.

Alps - the kit does not affect performance.

It affects the fans, the pride in the club, how we identify and relate to each other, and therefore the influence we bring as a collective on the team with the manner of our support.

Look at how p*ssed off most of us are about this.

It affects the fans, the pride in the club, how we identify and relate to each other, and therefore the influence we bring as a collective on the team with the manner of our support.

Look at how p*ssed off most of us are about this.

yeah Ok.

next thing you will suggest that signing argies is a bad move incase the falklands kick off

hoe did last season have a negative effect on the team. with a very similar kit?

Jesus guys, talk about not seeing the wood for the trees.........

It doesnt matter if the photo is a fake or not. All indicators/rumours suggest this is the kit we are getting. Maybe someone has seen it or paid close attention to the rumours and has simply done their best, with limited photoshop skills to provide a mock-up ??

This kit is going to be an unmittigated disaster. Its the worst kit we've had since the Hummel days (every one of which I utterly detested). I am regrettably superstitious, and think things like kits have a subliminal effect on performance, so I think this kit (in conjunction with a transfer window that appears to be going wrong - again) could take us down.

Having seen many of your posts in the past, including the one where you told me to 'f**k off' despite your protestations that no one uses proper argument any more I can only conclude that from this post you are definitely doing this sort of post on purpose to gain reaction.

Superstition and subliminal effect is a sort oxymoron - as one is mumbo jumbo with no bases in fact and the other is recordable and repeatable which is it?

Also before you tell me to f**k off again - like I care - you have no proof that this is the kit and no proof the transfer window is going wrong and no proof a bad kit, which is always going to be subjective, will have any effect on the season. Therefore your post is a bit silly at best.

Enjoy the coming season, whatever happens you won't, whereas I'll just take it as it comes as most supporters and followers do.

Can you smell something burning, Jamie ?

is this where you throw out insults and when someone bites back, you complain that no one debates sensibly any more

every summer (and season) it is the same with you. MOAN MOAN MONA, kick your toys out of the pram, state that we are going down, the club is crap. maybe even run like a shoddy B&B and then when you are (constantly) shown to be wrong, you try and pass it all off as some sort of love/hate relationship you have the with the club...its all very odd

its a shame you never EVER seem to learn from previous seasons

as for your jibes about being a chef (which I am not). Why is that a point of ridicule? I have loads of respect for the chefs I work with and they do a job that I certainly could not do, nor want to do. not too sure how or why you think that is a point?

you on the other hand, clearly LOVE a good chef

Edited by Batman

The thing I don't get is why Alpine "utterly destested" the second Hummel kit which was, err, red and white stripes and black shorts and white socks.

He am cuckoo.

Curious.

When have I ever indicated that I am one of the stripe fetishists, or that I want stripes now ?

The Hummel kits were all tacky and cheap-looking, it had little to do with the overall scheme (apart from the truly bloody awful blue flame effort), it was the detail and styling.

It affects the fans, the pride in the club, how we identify and relate to each other, and therefore the influence we bring as a collective on the team with the manner of our support.Look at how p*ssed off most of us are about this.
I think this is one of my favourite forum posts. Alpine expressing concern about "the manner of our support".'kin 'ell! PMSL