New Home Shirt - do you like it?

stevegrant

Your opinion on the new home shirt...  

900 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on the new home shirt...

• Like it, will buy it
    • Like it, but won't buy it
    • Don't like it, won't buy it
    • Don't like it, but will buy it anyway
    • Not bothered

"Worth the two hour wait" - Really?

He could have waited until tomorrow and stroll into the shop and get it with no waiting. Even later this afternoon the queue will disappear.

He was obviously happy to to this and felt it was worthwhile so why don't you let him get on with it without having to criticise? Each to their own eh..........let him get on with it.

I'd easily believe that they sold more shirts this morning than last season as the home shirt is a lot better than last seasons Forest/Liverpool retro kit. And this seasons away kit is an awful lot better than last season white with red pinstripes.

Still I'd prefer red and white stripes, quarters or even halves than just a plain red shirt. If they added a bit of black to the shirt and given us black shorts it would have looked like the centenary shirt and they could have got away with it.

It looks seriously s**t. Like a batch rejected by the factory for not being up to spec.

You forgot to add in your opinion.... I don't think much of it either, but that's my opinion. Those that like it and re happy, good on them. Your or my opinion Counts for no more than there's. to think so is arrogant and petty...

You forgot to add in your opinion.... I don't think much of it either' date=' but that's my opinion. Those that like it and re happy, good on them. Your or my opinion Counts for no more than there's. to think so is arrogant and petty...[/quote']

have a look at the top of this page , there is a vote that gives you an idea where general opinion is, club are re-rweeting a few "I love the kit" tweets they must be gutted at the negative publicity.

You forgot to add in your opinion.... I don't think much of it either' date=' but that's my opinion. Those that like it and re happy, good on them. Your or my opinion Counts for no more than there's. to think so is arrogant and petty...[/quote']

have a look at the top of this page , there is a vote that gives you an idea where general opinion is, club are re-rweeting a few "I love the kit" tweets they must be gutted at the negative publicity.

:facepalm:Missing the point completely. Matters not if 99% don't like it. Fact is is some do, why is their opinion not valid, who gives anyone else the right to suggest their opinion is not valid?

Its not like some big moral issue, it's a piece of sports kit so it's a matter of individual taste and good on those not worried about falling in line with a majority, but happy to make their own minds up....

You forgot to add in your opinion.... I don't think much of it either' date=' but that's my opinion. Those that like it and re happy, good on them. Your or my opinion Counts for no more than there's. to think so is arrogant and petty...[/quote'] Why does that need to be added to the post? It's obviously just my opinion, I'm sure there will be people who like it.

just back in the car. Kit looks better in real life IMO

asked the person serving me how many sold and they said more than the first morning last season.

no doubt that will get dismissed but hey ho

as for your comment above. buy the brizzle shirt then

No ta, better option outlined below:

Yesterday order the £17.99 version on-line...will be with me in 3 days. A colour iron-on emblem - i.e. a proper Saints one - will be added at little cost possibly. Spent much less and don't have a sponsor name - fantastic. Mugs for spending £45-£50.

:facepalm:Missing the point completely. Matters not if 99% don't like it. Fact is is some do, why is their opinion not valid, who gives anyone else the right to suggest their opinion is not valid?

Its not like some big moral issue, it's a piece of sports kit so it's a matter of individual taste and good on those not worried about falling in line with a majority, but happy to make their own minds up....

What point are you making, apart from telling people that they are not allowed to type into a web forum that they don't like it?

Why is that such a problem for you?

One person you won't catch wearing the new shirt is Cortese. So why the f*ck should he be bothered what people think. Would be a different thing if he had to sit in every directors box wearing it. :(

Yesterday order the £17.99 version on-line...will be with me in 3 days. A colour iron-on emblem - i.e. a proper Saints one - will be added at little cost possibly. Spent much less and don't have a sponsor name - fantastic. Mugs for spending £45-£50.

Is there a stripy one, and where can you get a badge from?

Unbranded shirt - £17.99. add a badge and a sponsor to it and then make it 50 quid, SFC and adidas can shove their shirt up their arse!

and get fined for counterfeiting. You cannot use copyrighted trade marks just because you fancy it.

Just to prove the point. This forum is allowed to use the club badge but the Ugly isn't. I believe Saints are pretty sh*tty about illegal use of the club logo.

Edited by Window Cleaner

and get fined for counterfeiting. You cannot use copyrighted trade marks just because you fancy it.

Just to prove the point. This forum is allowed to use the club badge but the Ugly isn't. I believe Saints are pretty sh*tty about illegal use of the club logo.

Nick will make you do time for it - fact

It's probably been discussed earlier in this thread but I can't be bothered to look.

My recollection is that AAP's sponsorship agreement expires at the end of next season. So unless they renew, we will be going through this whole circus again in 12 months time. Although I guess that this holds out the remote possibility of getting the stripes back.

Have just priced up a full kit for my 6 year old @ £75.

Have I missed something here? That is ****ing extortion.

It's actually less extortionate than it was to buy a full kit in the late 80s. It was £40 for the full kit in about 1988. If you go by inflation, that should now cost £90.

In a democracy you go with the majority, the majority dont like it but are lumbered with it and if they do buy it as they support their side they shall be buying an unhappy purchase through gritted teeth.

Have just priced up a full kit for my 6 year old @ £75.

Have I missed something here? That is ****ing extortion.

That's probably the worst thing about these kits - parents feeling under pressure to shell out for something they know isn't great.

Presume the OS has already gone into overdrive about he queues, record sales etc? Love a bit of creative PR.

My one mate who said he was going to buy it thought better of it having got own to West Quay - presumably having seen it is even worse 'in the cloth'...

Edited by SW11_Saint

All this talk about Cardiff though does remind us that it's not so bad... at least we're not completely changing to a polar opposite colour kit.

So we're not quite as bad as the club who has despicably thrown aside its heritage colours and identity and totally p1ssed all over its own fans - whoopee doo!!

Don't know if it's been mentioned on this thread before, but Stoke's new away kit, the one which they wore at St Mary's on the last day, is the same template.

Boring, generic, lazy.

:lol: Looking forward to how stupid it's going to look when we play them at St Marys then.

Sick of these kits, once again we look more like liverpool than saints! Virtually all red kit TICK stupid cold sponsor and crests TICK once again I won't be buying a replica shirt this season I only with the masses would resist as well so it sent a real message to the club! Southampton play in red and white stripes and have done for most of our history, I loved the sash kit for the anniverssary because it linked back to our history but the rubish we've seen the last two seasons is just plain odd no link to the history of the club and no reason offered. We';ve waited all this time to get one of the worlds leading kit makes doing our shirts and we go an ruin it with this pile of poo!

I have just checked out the comments on the DE website regarding the new kit its popularity.

I can't believe the people on there. There a few trolls on there who are being overly aggressive in abusing saints fans who have bought this kit, fair enough.

But the ones who have bought it can't see that:

A.) its a total rip off at £50 when you can buy it on-line for £15

B.) Think they are in the majority :rolleyes: in that the new shirt is good

C.) Either can't see that they are supporting a stealth rebranding on the club or actually support it and feel that as "true fans" that is then way to go and the rest of us (majority against re-branding) are wrong.

For me, personally, it is just a shirt... I hope and feel that the numbers will stack up, and we can go back to a kit to rival the championship one in the coming seasons. But how people can argue that they are in the majority to support this kit is beyond me, our own SWF poll indicates only 16% would buy this shirt.... (maybe that is a biased poll, we are the die hard nutters who care enough to sign up to a forum after all).. but the echo poll was similarly against the shirt... So if you like it, fair enough go and buy it. But I dislike people ramming it down our throats that we are wrong and we are should embrace the club as it sells its soul.

The majority wont buy this shirt (I hope), I expect to see more championship stripes and league 1 sashes than pinstripe/Arsenal jerseys this year (I hope)... And anyone who supports the club in charging the fans £50 for an AVERAGE (being kind) teamwear kit that can be bought on-line for £15 and is in use by / similar to other clubs kits, is massively letting the rest of the fan base down imho.

If you like it, buy it, but you are selling out the clubs traditions and the majority of the fanbase are against it and want stripes or a certain kit from the eighties which had less stripes. Unbelievable that fans are getting aggressive abuse over this kit, let alone those who are against this kit. But ffs, it should cost £20, be distinct, and be striped!! Don't support the club in ripping us off. they don't need encouragement!!

Don't let it bother you pal. And certainly don't judge people who want to buy the shirt of the team they support.

Trying not to judge, as I said, people can buy it if they want, its a free country! Just shocked at the attitudes between fans. The shirt represents a callous re-branding of the club and extortion of the fans, particularly charging £40 for kids strips let alone the £50 cost for the adults... Little to deny in that surely?