Rickie Lambert called up for England

Saint-Armstrong

There are many tweets saying that Sky are reporting that Welbeck, Cleverly and Rooney to start up front...

As much as I hate the icon, my hand is near my head!

O well, play players out of position ie Cleverley, if that's how you wanna play it, Roy!

Hopefully he will play the second '45!

Thanks for letting me know, trousers, means I can go and play 5 a side during the first half without missing SRL!

As much as I hate the icon, my hand is near my head!

O well, play players out of position ie Cleverley, if that's how you wanna play it, Roy!

Hopefully he will play the second '45!

Thanks for letting me know, trousers, means I can go and play 5 a side during the first half without missing SRL!

Bear in mind it could be twitter BS!

@FA: #England Team: 1 Hart 2 Walker 3 Baines 4 Gerrard © 5 Cahill 6 Jagielka 7 Walcott 8 Wilshere 9 Welbeck 10 Rooney 11 Cleverley #EngvSco

@FA: Subs: 12 Johnson 13 Foster 14 Cole 15 Jones 16 Smalling 17 Milner 18 Lampard 19 Defoe 20 Lambert 21 Chamberlain 22 Zaha 23 Ruddy #EngvSco

Honestly can't see what he sees in Welbeck. If he didn't play for Utd, would he actually be in the squad let alone starting?

I think he will end up a decent player, his technique always seemed decent to me and he works hard which is also his downfall really, this is why when he was played by SAF he was deployed out wide.

He gave Real a torrid time and usually looks ok in an England top for me.

I get the impression Hodgson sees him for the future and is bedding him into the international team. England arent exactly blessed with strikers ATM either, Id have liked to have seen Hooper given a go though.

Real shame but not a big surprise. Rickie will probably get ten to twenty mins during a plethora of substitutions when then game is getting really messy & disjointed. I hope I'm wrong but I think Hodgson will not give him a fair crack at this tonight.

Yep, it's got an anti-climax feel about it

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})