Nicola Cortese appreciation thread

saintadjg

Holds no prisoners, isn't everyone's cup of tea and is very ruthless in how he works.

But you simply cannot ignore the relentless level success he achieves in all area's.

I think the ''pipe dream'' of a top 4 place isn't a pipe dream at all, the money we're putting towards signings suggests they're actually very serious to make this a possibility over the coming seasons.

I would've been happy if we managed to hang on to our best players, maybe spent a little bit on defenders. We'd of been ok. I was happy with ok!

Cortese was like, no bearsy, I'm gonna sign three champions league quality internationals for £40m. He's like that, cortese. He's mental!

Wouldn't want anyone else in charge.

Love the fact he backs up everything he says, yet still wants to do things the correct way with academy players etc.

Managerial decisions have ultimately been spot on.

Long may he continue.

Fully Agreed, our best ever chairman. Every major decision he has made, he has got right

lol i dunno where it is in them threads but i remember being v.angar and advising cortese to go f*ck himself. I was like I ain't even gonna bother supporting southampton no more, I'm so angar! Then like a week later we played well against everton and I cravenly abandoned my morals and was like yeah this new manager is well good! Nice move cortese! I'm v.fickle!

lol i dunno where it is in them threads but i remember being v.angar and advising cortese to go f*ck himself. I was like I ain't even gonna bother supporting southampton no more, I'm so angar! Then like a week later we played well against everton and I cravenly abandoned my morals and was like yeah this new manager is well good! Nice move cortese! I'm v.fickle!

So was everyone else

I hate Cortese.

And let's face it deep down so do all of you lot.

We play FM and Fantasy Football. We all dream. We dream of playing for Saints. We age, we dream of being the Manager. We age, we dream of being the Chairman.

During the Rupert years it was easy, yes we saw the Academy & the Michelin starred Catering but all felt we could do better. We all knew we could do better than the Execs (hell my 3 legged cat could have done better)

But then bloody Cortese came along.

DREAM KILLER.

There simply is no way in any of our wildest dreams, ANY of us could have done any better.

Damn him. I've had 4 years of Megan Fox instead.

Hmm OK well when you add 4 years of Megan to SRL on Wednesday & 3 points yesterday, I may just let him off.

Fantastic summer. Europe on cards now next season. I really like the kit too unlike a lot of wingy weirdos. What a season we can look forward too now. Shaw to be in full England squad by end of the season too. Only piece of the jigsaw missing is a couttinho type to put it on a plate for ossie.

Even though I disagreed when he cruelly dumped Nigel, I felt he had every right to make (what I thought at the time) a wrong decision: as Markus made it clear, he (Markus) would not have even considered buying Saints if it were not for Nicola. Without NC we'd probably be swimming with the skates (well maybe not quite that low, but near enough). When he was considering his future at Saints during the summer, I was pleased to see the poll here gave him over 90% support.

What NC has orchestrated so far is incredible.

Fantastic summer. Europe on cards now next season. I really like the kit too unlike a lot of wingy weirdos. What a season we can look forward too now. Shaw to be in full England squad by end of the season too. Only piece of the jigsaw missing is a couttinho type to put it on a plate for ossie.

Not missing - just yet to live up to his potential. Step forward, Gaston Ramirez - your time is NOW.

just a mere employee, apparently

Yeah thats a f****** joke.

I remember when he threatened to walk and the amount of people who were of the opinion "it's no big deal, there would be many people who could do the job as well as or better than him" I doubt it.

Call it a love in or happy clapping or whatever but NC is the most important thing to happen to this club for a bloody long time.

Full of ego, totally ruthless, doesn't **** about he's not here to make friends, he's here to make SFC a great club competing at the top.

Yeah thats a f****** joke.

I remember when he threatened to walk and the amount of people who were of the opinion "it's no big deal, there would be many people who could do the job as well as or better than him" I doubt it.

Call it a love in or happy clapping or whatever but NC is the most important thing to happen to this club for a bloody long time.

Full of ego, totally ruthless, doesn't **** about he's not here to make friends, he's here to make SFC a great club competing at the top.

dont forget, he is totally naive in the transfer market and les reed is clueless

Wouldn't want anyone else in charge.

Love the fact he backs up everything he says, yet still wants to do things the correct way with academy players etc.

Managerial decisions have ultimately been spot on.

Long may he continue.

Totally agree with this post. Doing a great job.

Ive always been a massive fan of cortese,every promise he has made he has delivered and we just keep getting better and better under his leadership.

Going into administration was a blessing in disguise as under lowe we were rotting away.

As far as im concerned nicola should be looked upon as a legend, because we are entering our best period since the keegan days :-)

Whilst I acknowledge that his contribution to our recent (and possible future success) is significant. I dont feel comfortable with hero worshipping a football club chairman/CEO etc.

This is not meant to be an anti Cortese post, as I said I think he's been great for the club, nearly all of his contraversial decisions have been vindicated. Its just the hero worship in an internet thread that I'm not sure about.

Whilst I acknowledge that his contribution to our recent (and possible future success) is significant. I dont feel comfortable with hero worshipping a football club chairman/CEO etc.

This is not meant to be an anti Cortese post, as I said I think he's been great for the club, nearly all of his contraversial decisions have been vindicated. Its just the hero worship in an internet thread that I'm not sure about.

it goes the other way though. no doubt some would not hesitate to utterly slate him (like they already do) for the slightest thing

Holds no prisoners, isn't everyone's cup of tea and is very ruthless in how he works.

But you simply cannot ignore the relentless level success he achieves in all area's.

I think the ''pipe dream'' of a top 4 place isn't a pipe dream at all, the money we're putting towards signings suggests they're actually very serious to make this a possibility over the coming seasons.

Funny enough I met a former Saints Manager three weeks ago, referred to N.C. as a "loose cannon"; I told him he was wrong, and went onto say, that had he said shrewd or even ruthless then I may have agreed, however, loose cannon was wrong and that N.C. knows what he is doing where he wants the club to be and the one thing he could be sure of is that he will do it; other than that we had a really good chat and he was very approachable, finally do not ask who it was as I feel to disclose this would not be fair on him, but can assure you all it is true.

On the subject of praise for NC

He needs it for keeping the Youngsters at the club

Ralph Ellis runs you through what we learned from this weekend in football. This week includes Stoke's new style under Mark Hughes, Joe Cole rolling back the years at West Ham and Southampton's young record-breakers.

..................................................................................................................................................

1) Southampton’s teenage stars Calum Chambers and Luke Shaw became the youngest full back pairing to start a game in Premier League history in the 1-0 win at West Brom.

Right back Chambers, at 18 years and 36 days, is 173 days younger than his fellow academy product Shaw – putting them well ahead of Gary and Phil Neville who were 20 and 18 respectively the first time they both occupied the positions for Manchester United in a 2-2 draw against Liverpool in October 1995.

They might even be the youngest ever in the top flight. The record appears to belong to Cyril Trigg and Billy Hughes who stepped in to Birmingham’s team to solve an injury crisis in a 2-1 defeat by Aston Villa in 1936. They were also both 18, but Trigg was only 11 days away from his next birthday.

Saints boss Mauricio Pochettino started another 18-year-old midfielder James Ward-Prowse among six Englishmen in his team. Who would have thought an Argentinean who still uses an interpreter for press conferences could become Roy Hodgson’s best Premier League ally?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2396833/What-learned-weekend-Romelu-Lukakus-impressive-cameo-Chelsea-Joe-Cole-form-West-Ham.html#ixzz2cPHqDggS

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The other good thing about cortese is he implement what he wants from the top,

Pocchetino might do a great job but i wouldnt be afraid of losing him.pardew adkins, both done good jobs but you are only as strong as your chairman/owner.

Avram grant at chelsea was further proof.

As long as nicolas pulling the reigns we will be doing well

The other good thing about cortese is he implement what he wants from the top,

Pocchetino might do a great job but i wouldnt be afraid of losing him.pardew adkins, both done good jobs but you are only as strong as your chairman/owner.

Avram grant at chelsea was further proof.

As long as nicolas pulling the reigns we will be doing well

Loving what he and Markus have done for the club. I used to be envious of people like my old man who had STs during the glory days of the 1976 FA Cup win and European run and 1980s, Keegen, Shilton et al but think our generation might be in for a second spell of halycon days (comparatively). I'm going to get to as many games as petrol costs allow and enjoy!

I particularly enjoyed the posts by those who were concerned that the instability caused as a result of managerial changes would threaten the signing of Forren!!

Understand Mr Cortese is currently having a big wall built round his house at Chilworth

Wonder if he has upset someone?

Italian clubs/Agents etc or, perhaps, these are bricks left over from the Staplewood development

He's also creating a moat around it.

Anyone who doesn't agree to what he asks for gets dumped in the moat and eaten by the crock's.