3 up 3 down

Batman

Who do you think will go down from the prem and who will replace them

My 3 to go down

Fulham - Cant keep letting in the vast amount of goals they do and survive.

Palace - although they have improved, I think their general quality is just not good enough

West Ham - more in hope than anything. Their saviour will be carroll, IF he comes back soon

Promoted

Leicester - They look good and its their time

QPR - they have the best squad and will probably get another striker in jan

Derby - Just think they are the team that come from no where and shake things up. Schteve is doing a fantastic job

Who do you think will go down from the prem and who will replace them

My 3 to go down

Fulham - Cant keep letting in the vast amount of goals they do and survive.

Palace - although they have improved, I think their general quality is just not good enough

West Ham - more in hope than anything. Their saviour will be carroll, IF he comes back soon

Promoted

Leicester - They look good and its their time

QPR - they have the best squad and will probably get another striker in jan

Derby - Just think they are the team that come from no where and shake things up. Schteve is doing a fantastic job

Do you think west ham are too good to go down with Carol? Do you think big Sam could be in danger?

Up

QPR - Very very good squad for that league, HR who despite what often gets written on here is a decent manager and is more than capable of getting them promoted.

Leicester - Seems like their time, have a decent squad and to be honest I think they need this before their better plsyers start moving on.

Leeds - Have a decent young squad and a manager with something to prove. I think a couple of injuries or losing players in Jan will curtail Derby.

Down

Fulham - They are terrible, also their recent transfer policy of buying older players is goong to bite them. Parker and The ginger one whose name I cant remember are too slow to both play DM and Berba for all his quality needs real energy around him.

West Ham - Too many injuries, cant score goals despite having 100 strikers and big sam playing with no strikers at times purely defensively means they should be kicked out the league by default.

Sunderland - Their blip of positivity under poyet is just that, a blip, they lack quality, how anyone wasted anything on Altidore is beyond me.

Up - Leicester and qpr automatically, play offs is anyone's guess. I fancy forest might sneak it.

Down, so many to choose from. Sunderland, palace, Fulham and Cardiff have the strongest chance IMHO and of the those I think palace might scrape through. Would obviously enjoy seeing west ham go down, though.

Down

Cardiff - That draw yesterday had Everton 2-2 from our relegation season written all over it. After the sinking by us, last night their confidence will be shattered, coupled with the turmoil running through the club I think they're doomed.

Fulham - Just terrible. Ageing and stagnating squad. Just look poor and half hearted most times they play.

Palace - Despite improvement under Pulis they still lack the quality to do it, but I think they'll give it a good go and run a lot closer to survival than I would have predicted at the start of the season. Would like to see them stay up and WHU go down in their place.

Up

QPR - Squad is far too good for the Championship, on appear at least. Would love to see them fail for obvious reasons.

Leicester - Good squad and manager, feels like it might be their time.

Derby - Got the all important momentum going their way under Schteve and I think they may do it in the Play Offs.

Do you think west ham are too good to go down with Carol? Do you think big Sam could be in danger?

Carroll is better than most give him credit and will fit sams team perfectly. Whether he himself is enough I dont know. It depends when he gets fit and how the teams around them respond but from what I hear he wont be fit until the last quarter of the season which is far too late.

most peole seem of a like mind, with one or two. But I think Pulis and Poyet have a better chance of keeping their clubs up.....so I'm going for;

Cardiff, Vincent Tan has destroyed the clubs image, and the faith of even their most die-hard supporters. Whoever (is stupid enough) to take the job will need to work a miracle from Day 1.

Fulham 4 defeats in first 6 outings is not a good start for any new manager. Hull (not the best midtable side,) had a field day against them 6-0. Seems like only one way now - down.

Stoke.....I think they were impatient to sack Pulis and with Begovic out in injured ( 6 weeks-was it ?)....a lot could go wrong as it did for us (after Boruc) and they don't have the buffer of points.

I hate predictions and all this may well go to the last day.

Burnley and Derby to comeup.

I think QPR may go to the play-offs, although their defence is quite good, they haven't been scoring lots of goals. If they get injuries to defensive players late on in the season, they might lose it, and there are too many " almost clubs " around them. Anyone in the top 10 could make a play-off place and that's a real lottery.

Edited by david in sweden

Carroll is better than most give him credit and will fit sams team perfectly. Whether he himself is enough I dont know. It depends when he gets fit and how the teams around them respond but from what I hear he wont be fit until the last quarter of the season which is far too late.

They may decide its worth the gamble of getting quality reinforcements in in January. I guess Sam is a proven manager and did a pretty good job at Bolton for the most part but I wouldn't want him here his teams are physical and aggressive but its like watching Wimbledon at times!

They may decide its worth the gamble of getting quality reinforcements in in January. I guess Sam is a proven manager and did a pretty good job at Bolton for the most part but I wouldn't want him here his teams are physical and aggressive but its like watching Wimbledon at times!

Sam is just the sort of manage that a struggling side (like Wham) would want ot get in, so I think his job maybe safe ......for a while yet, but despite them finishing mid-table last season, I wasn't convinced by their performances, and we know that spending big money (£15 million on Carroll) on a striker who can't play ...(memories of Delgado).... limits your options for a suitable replacement.

How would it be for us if Osvaldo ..or Rodriguez was out for a long period and there wasn't Liebherr money available to buy someone else?

Edited by david in sweden

Sam is just the sort of manage that a struggling side (like Wham) would want ot get in, so I think his job maybe safe ......for a while yet, but despite them finishing mid-table last season, I wasn't convinced by their performances, and we know that spending big money (£15 million on Carroll) on a striker who can't play ...(memories of Delgado).... limits your options for a suitable replacement.

How would it be for us if Osvaldo ..or Rodriguez was out for a long period and there wasn't Liebherr money available to buy someone else?

My problem with WHU is their outdated style of football. I can't think of any other prem side that plays the way they do and in the end (AC or not) that's why I think they will go down.

Fulham - They seem so substandard, with a terrible attitude.

Wham - I tipped them at start of season, more out of hope then. But now with all their injuries and generally lacking in quality, particularly up front they really might go (smiley thingy)

Cardiff - all their off field shenanigins, can't help( though I would rather see Sunderland go)

Burnley - Best managed side

Leicester - Probably the best all-round team in division

Derby - McClaren doing excellent job.

Better or not what's the point? He's far too flimsy for such a big bloke, how much have West Ham chucked down the drain on him this season and last for such minimal return?

He's effective at what he does - and yeah he is basically Big Sam's wet dream, but I personally am not that sold on him. He is, as you would expect, amazing aerially and a real handful, but as soon as he brings the ball down he struggles. He just isn't sticky enough for a target man, and not quick enough to counter attack. Just my opinion of course.

In answer to the OP:

Down

Sunderland: Goners. You cannot chop and change your squad like that. It may make some fans, Alpine, happy to see 15 odd players come in, but the fact is fans (my self included) are idiots and do not know how to run a club. It doesn't help that they spent a lot of money on mediocre players. Have any of all their signings actually been an improvement?

Fulham: I don't actually mind Fulham. Not really sure why, just always had a soft spot for them. But as has been said, their policy of signing older players has bitten them on the backside. No drive, no dynamism, no energy, no creativity. Plus, leaking goals at that rate (6 away to Hull FFS) is lethal.

Not too sure bout the last one. For some odd reason I'm going against my usual feelings and actually wanting Palace to escape. I've never really liked them, and I've always disliked Pulis and his style, but now for some reason I find myself willing them both on.

Not too sure bout West Ham, I just think Sam has too much nous to go down. Plus the idiots at the top will probably throw him some more money to spunk on yet another striker and be ok. Then again, it depends on who Cardiff get as manager, and how well they spend their "large sums" in January. Same as WBA, though without the large sums. The 3rd will probably come from that group though.

Up

QPR: Don't like them, or the manager, or half the team (yes you Joey Barton) but that squad is easily good enough to win promotion. A manager much worse and less experienced than 'Arry should get that squad promoted.

Derby: More hope than expectation. They have some really good young players, and it would be good if they could get them up and get some playing time in the Prem before being picked off by Prem clubs and left to rot in the reserves - would love to see us poach Will Hughes.

Possibly Leicester, but they have been in this position for a few years now and keep bottling it, despite the stupid money they have thrown around over the past few seasons. Maybe Pearson isn't the man to take them up? Can't see him getting another crack if they don't do it this year. Burnley? Maybe, Dyche seems a decent young manager, doing a good job with a pretty small squad, would quite like them to make it.

A quick look at the table shows that anyone up to Norwich is in close proximity of the drop, so predicting who will actually go down is pretty difficult. The question of who will get promoted from the Championship is similar - any of four teams could go up automatically, and anyone up to Blackpool might sneak into the play-offs. Then, who knows what can happen. Predicting these type of things is almost a lottery.

For what it's worth, here are my own predictions:

To get relegated:

20. Cardiff

19. Sunderland

18. Fulham

To get promoted

3. Burnley

2. Leicester

1. Derby

So, not that different from other members' posts really. But, again, anything could happen.

Could be any 3 from about 9 at the moment for the drop.

I'll go:

Sunderland - Bottom at Christmas

Fulham - Depends on how they respond to that heavy defeat.

West Ham - Carrol has been 'close' to returning for months now. I reckon he's actually out for the season.

QPR - Unfortunately.

Leicester - keep getting close each season, they'll succeed eventually.

Reading - Adkins' teams seem to change division one way or the other more often than not.

I'm not convinced Carroll is injured all the time.

Not casting aspertions (sic) but did I read somewhere that some players were out "injured" for a considerable time but were in fact in rehab for some addiction. Makes you wonder about some incidents.

Relegation, Sunderland, Fulham and Norwich, promoted, 3 former Saints managers QPR, Leicester and Reading through the play-offs. Would love WHU to go down with all their spouting about the Olympic stadium.

Better or not what's the point? He's far too flimsy for such a big bloke, how much have West Ham chucked down the drain on him this season and last for such minimal return?

He's effective at what he does - and yeah he is basically Big Sam's wet dream, but I personally am not that sold on him. He is, as you would expect, amazing aerially and a real handful, but as soon as he brings the ball down he struggles. He just isn't sticky enough for a target man, and not quick enough to counter attack. Just my opinion of course.

In answer to the OP:

Down

Sunderland: Goners. You cannot chop and change your squad like that. It may make some fans, Alpine, happy to see 15 odd players come in, but the fact is fans (my self included) are idiots and do not know how to run a club. It doesn't help that they spent a lot of money on mediocre players. Have any of all their signings actually been an improvement?

Fulham: I don't actually mind Fulham. Not really sure why, just always had a soft spot for them. But as has been said, their policy of signing older players has bitten them on the backside. No drive, no dynamism, no energy, no creativity. Plus, leaking goals at that rate (6 away to Hull FFS) is lethal.

Not too sure bout the last one. For some odd reason I'm going against my usual feelings and actually wanting Palace to escape. I've never really liked them, and I've always disliked Pulis and his style, but now for some reason I find myself willing them both on.

Not too sure bout West Ham, I just think Sam has too much nous to go down. Plus the idiots at the top will probably throw him some more money to spunk on yet another striker and be ok. Then again, it depends on who Cardiff get as manager, and how well they spend their "large sums" in January. Same as WBA, though without the large sums. The 3rd will probably come from that group though.

Up

QPR: Don't like them, or the manager, or half the team (yes you Joey Barton) but that squad is easily good enough to win promotion. A manager much worse and less experienced than 'Arry should get that squad promoted.

Derby: More hope than expectation. They have some really good young players, and it would be good if they could get them up and get some playing time in the Prem before being picked off by Prem clubs and left to rot in the reserves - would love to see us poach Will Hughes.

Possibly Leicester, but they have been in this position for a few years now and keep bottling it, despite the stupid money they have thrown around over the past few seasons. Maybe Pearson isn't the man to take them up? Can't see him getting another crack if they don't do it this year. Burnley? Maybe, Dyche seems a decent young manager, doing a good job with a pretty small squad, would quite like them to make it.

Well, he isnt slow by any means, he isnt lightening but not slow, is a very good finisher on the floor and in the air. Big and strong, nasty and can despite popular belief hold the ball up. He will never flick it around a load of players but thats not his game.

As per lightweight injury wise I disagree, you find with players after they have one or two big injuries they become a little susceptible. He has tendonitis I believe which is a horrible injury in reality.

Is he good enough to keep them up on his own ? No, but he is certainly better than a bottom of the table player (in the right system)

Would like to get rid of the dross like Sunderland Fulham West Ham etc.

When was the last time all 3 three promoted clubs stayed up?

The year before we came up - Norwich, Swansea, QPR

I think QPR and Leicester will clinch automatic promotion, but playoffs are hard to predict.

I expect Fulham and Sunderland to go down, with the third spot to go to Norwich or Cardiff if the new manager's honeymoon doesn't last long.

• 1 month later...
Could be any 3 from about 9 at the moment for the drop.

I'll go:

Sunderland - Bottom at Christmas

Fulham - Depends on how they respond to that heavy defeat.

West Ham - Carrol has been 'close' to returning for months now. I reckon he's actually out for the season.

QPR - Unfortunately.

Leicester - keep getting close each season, they'll succeed eventually.

Reading - Adkins' teams seem to change division one way or the other more often than not.

Three ex Saints Managers if you're right.