Poch staying ........for now?

simo

More from BBC Sport's Ben Smith:"Mauricio Pochettino has no plans to plunge Southampton into further turmoil by following former chairman Nicola Cortese out of the club in the short term. His long-term future remains in doubt, however."The players have expressed their surprise and disappointment at Cortese's departure but while Pochettino remains they do not plan to spark an exodus from the club."

What did everyone honestly expect to happen? That MP was gonna ditch us then KL was going to sell every good player we have and run off into the sunset with millions leaving us as screwed as the skates? Even if MP did leave and took some players with him we would have more money to re invest. It's not like the Lowe era now, everything will be fine.

Keep the faith! Up the Saints :D

I'd like to know what has changed from last June when MP said he would walk, what has Katrina/Nicola said in the last 24hrs to make him change his mind ?

Funds ? Selling the club to Nicola who needs funds to purchase etc.

Also seeing an article doesn't Shaw have that clause inserted into his contract saying he can leave if Cortese does ?

I'd like to know what has changed from last June when MP said he would walk, what has Katrina/Nicola said in the last 24hrs to make him change his mind ?

Funds ? Selling the club to Nicola who needs funds to purchase etc.

Also seeing an article doesn't Shaw have that clause inserted into his contract saying he can leave if Cortese does ?

He's been here a year now, last May he'd just been here a couple of months and I think he was still living in a hotel somewhere. Now he's becoming accustomed to the way of life, his family are here and he's doing well enough. Anyone can change their mind when a situation ceases to be hypothetical and becomes real.

If true wouldn't it be nice if, just for once, the club made a statement about it on the OS to both inform the fans and to keep at bay the packs of over eager journalists who will need a map and compass to find their way to the Press Conference this afternoon. That way it takes the wind out of their sails and the PC can be just about the Sunderland game as it would have been had NC not gone !

If true wouldn't it be nice if, just for once, the club made a statement about it on the OS to both inform the fans and to keep at bay the packs of over eager journalists who will need a map and compass to find their way to the Press Conference this afternoon. That way it takes the wind out of their sails and the PC can be just about the Sunderland game as it would have been had NC not gone !

He may make a statement in the PC....

I hope he does so we can express our gratitude on Saturday.

There's no point in him leaving until the end of the season when he'll have a bigger choice of clubs to choose from if he does decide to leave. I hope he stays however unlikely.

Milan have appointed Seedorf as coach/manager, now that's experimental enough and it could go either way really. It's about as likely as not that they'll be looking for a new manager in the summer anyway. Pochettino could well be a prime candidate should that situation arise.

Exactly this. I cannot believe its not been suggested by many on here or the papers. Everyone seems too caught up in the confusion and hype. This is exactly his plan IMO. He knows what the club is worth and how to run it. He's in an incredible position to be a front man for another buyer, and maybe invest too.

It's a romantic idea but I doubt that Liebherr would sell to Cortese, and far as I'm aware he could have done fronted a consortium without resigning as chairman.

If that was the plan then he would have informed certain players as well, certainly the one who has Cortese's name in his contract. If Shaw goes, it ain't happening.

Why not sell to Cortese? Both parties know each other, so might ease things along and it might be seen as reward for services given both to her father and to the club in recent years. It does seem strange that one of the reasons given for leaving was a disagreement on his cut if the club was to be sold - why walk away from that and get nothing?

sh*t loads has changed. Why does it have to be the last 24 hrs.

He has signed a load of players, players have signed new contracts, he would have got these players in on the 'Southampton Way'

He owes a lot to his team. It's not just about NC.

Why not sell to Cortese? Both parties know each other, so might ease things along and it might be seen as reward for services given both to her father and to the club in recent years. It does seem strange that one of the reasons given for leaving was a disagreement on his cut if the club was to be sold - why walk away from that and get nothing?

With any luck the next few weeks will be turmoil, we will retain MP but slide down the table finishing a couple of places clear. KL will have had enough by then, NC walks in with a sensible offer, KL can side step the turd.

Paul Belverstone ‏@paulbelvers 1m

Katharina Liebherr has just arrived at St Mary's for her meeting with Mauricio Pochettino #saintsfc

How many contradicting reports are there! She's not here according to some....and now she is here according to others.

How many contradicting reports are there! She's not here according to some....and now she is here according to others.

one of the great problems with people making stuff up, there are many versions of the same event...or non-event as the case might be. With twitter and stuff like that everybody and his dog feels obliged to comment on anything and everything. In times gone by people just made stuff up and exposed it to a select few in public houses and the like, now it's gone global on various social media.

Back tracking faster than an italian tank....

Said he would defo go if Nicola goes, so whats changed? His options? Players? Now loves the club?

The Milan job is not going to be available until the summer.

Must be some odds you can get somewhere on that, & on NC turning up there first.

Wasn't there a quote from MP about his contract renewal - he wasn't that concerned that talks had not yet started?

Yes and interestingly 18th December

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/southampton-boss-pochettino-plays-down-new-contract-talks-3997807

Yeah, buy out cost in the summer will be less............

Southampton boss Mauricio Pochettino has cooled talk of entering new contract talks.

Pochettino, whose current contract has another 18 months to run, has confirmed that no discussions have taken place as yet.

“I have until next season,” he explained. “My contract runs into next season, but we have not spoken about it yet.”

Reality changed. Nothing can switch minds faster in my experience.

Im not so sure - he was fairly adamant in the summer

"My Word Is My Bond"

"I would not continue if Nicola Cortese was not here. It would not make any sense if I was at this club and he wasn’t."

Asked if he would be staying if Cortese left, the Argentinian said: ''Of course not, because the person that has put his faith in me in this club and as a manager is Nicola Cortese.

''Me on a personal sense, I would not understand a Southampton without Nicola being here.''

''Basically, my future in Southampton has to be with Nicola.''

one of the great problems with people making stuff up, there are many versions of the same event...or non-event as the case might be. With twitter and stuff like that everybody and his dog feels obliged to comment on anything and everything. In times gone by people just made stuff up and exposed it to a select few in public houses and the like, now it's gone global on various social media.

Sooooo true..:rolleyes:

I have been informed...:)

I have been made aware...:)

My mate at the club told me.....:)

:):)

Posters making things up or repeating what was said three pages before:p

COYS and 3 points against Sunderland:D

What Mauricio Pochettino needs to bear in mind is resignation out of a misplaced loyalty to the ex-CEO will be a Folly of the grandest scale. The minute Cortese had decided that results weren't good enough, Poch would have been out the door just like Adkins before him and Pardew before him. People like Cortese are ruthless and do not understand quaint emotional notions like loyalty. The manager's loyalty should be to his colleagues, his players and the fans nobody else, it's just a job he's doing.

Back tracking faster than an italian tank....

Said he would defo go if Nicola goes, so whats changed? His options? Players? Now loves the club?

He said that 6 months ago when NC sat him down and said "Look, I need a power play, back me up in the press and we'll get money to sign players"

I seriously doubt it was meant as a long term statement.