Lallana starter for England

Batman

100% starter . He is way to good and can easily cement a permanant starting position for England.

That's the opinion of other club supporters as well I think .

Bit of hard work and alot of quality will get you a long way

Woy wasn't at the game for no reason today

I would say

Chambers

Shaw

Clyne

Jrod

Ricky

Lallana

Are all on his radar

To be honest IDE say cork isn't being ignored either as he is quality and as good as the utd players that woy will be considering.

I would be disappointed if 3 saints players didn't make the squad

He'll get 50 minutes or so in the next friendly and will be replaced by Rodwell/Henderson/Cleverley/Milner off the bench, guaranteed.

Been saying it since our League One days.. he's the best attacking midfielder this country has produced since Joe Cole. There is not one midfielder of English nationality that can do what he does.

Whaaaaa? Not Milner? ;)

I've always wanted to see him and Wilshere play together, possibly with Rooney too in an attacking three. Doubt we'll see that though.

Just imagine in a few years.... Lallana, JWP, Wiltshire in CM. Rodriguez playing from the wide area's.

Shaw and Clyne as full backs.

It's not as far fetched as it sounds.

100% starter . He is way to good and can easily cement a permanant starting position for England.

That's the opinion of other club supporters as well I think .

Bit of hard work and alot of quality will get you a long way

Woy wasn't at the game for no reason today

I would say

Chambers

Shaw

Clyne

Jrod

Ricky

Lallana

Are all on his radar

To be honest IDE say cork isn't being ignored either as he is quality and as good as the utd players that woy will be considering.

I would be disappointed if 3 saints players didn't make the squad

This.

If you go on other clubs forums like I sometimes do, you'll see that virtually everyone rates him.

He is an absolute shoe in for Brazil no doubt about it.

I honestly think Lallana is an good as Ozil, yet people who haven't seen him enough would laugh. If he was foreign and at a big club he'd get a hell of a lot of attention. Superb player and other countries would have identified that earlier and had him playing ages ago. Still in the dark ages with technical players and never learn the lesson. The Townsend hype shows that.

I feel sorry for the better players as it must be confusing and frustrating to see players like cleverley playing.

To be fair lallana was a late bloomer, always had great technique but too him a while to find his best position and form. Right now he should be starting for England and I'll be amazed if we are not fighting off the bidders in the summer as he must be good enough for the top 4.

To be fair lallana was a late bloomer, always had great technique but too him a while to find his best position and form. Right now he should be starting for England and I'll be amazed if we are not fighting off the bidders in the summer as he must be good enough for the top 4.

This, its only really been this season that he has been bang in form.

Also I think AT gets the plaudits as he is direct and does make things happen, certainly isnt as good as his hype but his couple of good games against poor opposition for England have raised his profile

What amazes me is that he was 22 in League 1 and wasn't making too much of an impression.

It's so important to stick with players with excellent technique, as you don't know when they'll mature

adam said himself, he only really understood how someone with his technical ability ought to be contributing when he found himself on the field with players like Cazorla. That's something you don't learn off rochdale players in league 1. Knock it past ur man and chase after it maybe, but that's never been his strong suit.

On another subject lets brainstorm bout English defensive midfielders playing better than Jack Cork. Lets make a list, there must be loads! Ok, GO!

adam said himself, he only really understood how someone with his technical ability ought to be contributing when he found himself on the field with players like Cazorla. That's something you don't learn off rochdale players in league 1. Knock it past ur man and chase after it maybe, but that's never been his strong suit.

On another subject lets brainstorm bout English defensive midfielders playing better than Jack Cork. Lets make a list, there must be loads! Ok, GO!

Rodwell. He went to Brazil with England

Phil jones is going to be united skipper one day.Or some shyt

Hart

Clyne Cahill Terry Shaw

Cork Wilshere

Rooney Lallana Rodriguez

Lambert

That team would get out the group guaranteed. Only question is sturrige/ Rodriguez but saints bias and more familiarity with team mates swung it for JRod

Hate having Terry in there but struggle to think of a better Partner for cahill than his clubmate

Fonte must surely be on the verge of a call up to the Portugese squad - he's been great this season too!

Totally agree, he has been unbelievably good this year. Looks such a good player.

Makes it even more satisfying to know that he's come all the way with us. For all you can say about Pard's, we have to say thanks for bringing in Jose and Lambo.

General consensus on here... "Lallana not good enough for United" "Average" "Squad player at best"

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/adam-lallana.361862/page-4

Normally, United fans are quite knowledgeable but literally the only player I'd have from their midfield over ours is Mata, possibly Kagawa. :lol:

Edited by Crab Lungs

What amazes me is that he was 22 in League 1 and wasn't making too much of an impression.

It's so important to stick with players with excellent technique, as you don't know when they'll mature

Its incredible that Schneiderlin and Lallana were part of the team that was relegated from the Championship in 08/09 and are now two of the three best players at a top-half Premiership club.

Lallana should be starting for England. Not only has he been consistently one of top midfielders in the league this season he gives you something different wth his dribbling ability. I have no doubt Hodgson is well aware of this.

General consensus on here... "Lallana not good enough for United" "Average" "Squad player at best"

Normally, United fans are quite knowledgeable but literally the only player I'd have from their midfield over ours is Mata, possibly Kagawa. :lol:

Janzaj, Mata

Nobody else, I think that Lallana would fit into Utd but with the purchase of Mata I think they need other players now. Like Cork and Schniederlin or even a pre-injury VW

Agreed. Third best English player this season, behind Rooney and Sturridge. With Walcott injured I'm not sure how you could justify keeping him on the bench.

To be fair, if I were a fan of a club like that I'd want to see more than one good season (though it has been a great season) before going in and paying enormous money for an English player. If he'd gone there in January he would be a squad player initially, but play like he has this season and he'd probably force his way in there ahead of Januzaj.

Edited by DuncanRG

I agree, he has to start. Actually think in a couple of years we may have decent side. Centre backs concern me, but with Clyne, shaw, walker, chambers, Gibbs, Henderson, wilshire, cork, oxlade, Morrison, Barkley, sterling, januzaj, lallana, Walcott, Sturridge, wellbeck, Jrod and Rooney there's enough talent available to forge a competitive team. Plus there will be players we don't even know about yet, and the possibles (depending on development) of Townsend, jwp, zaha, berahino ...

I can't wait to get the World Cup out of the way and clear the deadwood. After Brazil, there should be no place for cole, gerrard, lampard, Barry or Milner.

Edited by Chewy
Spelling

I agree, he has to start. Actually think in a couple of years we may have decent side. Centre backs concern me, but with Clyne, shaw, walker, chambers, Gibbs, Henderson, wilshire, cork, oxlade, Morrison, Barkley, sterling, januzaj, lallana, Walcott, Sturridge, wellbeck, Jrod and Rooney there's enough talent available to forge a competitive team. Plus there will be players we don't even know about yet, and the possibles (depending on development) of Townsend, jwp, zaha, berahino ...

I can't wait to get the World Cup out of the way and clear the deadwood. After Brazil, there should be no place for cole, gerrard, lampard, Barry or Milner.

Pretty sure Januzaj has plumped for Belgium

This so needs to happen but not sure it will! We say this every World Cup and they still seem to cling on till the next one, Glenn Johnson is another one.

Blank piece of paper .... Shaw, Cork and Lallana to start plus 8 others ... JRod and Clyne in the squad ... won't happen but it probably should.

Shaw maybe, although we have lots of options at LB.

Chambers is solid but lacks pace. Should see improvement in next 18 months.

Clyne is a good full back, but doesnt offer anything that Johnson cant.

Ricky - 100% should go apart from if AC has a good run of form for WHU.

Lallana will go and is a starter for me. Not as good as Hazard or Silva but better than any other englishman at the moment.

JRod maybe. Needs 6/7 goals to end of the season to push this one.

Dont get me wrong, i am not slating players here, far from it. Just have to be relalistic. Reckon AL & RL will go, with LS first back up to Baines and Cole and he might get a friendly run out.

Just imagine in a few years.... Lallana, JWP, Wiltshire in CM. Rodriguez playing from the wide area's.

Shaw and Clyne as full backs.

It's not as far fetched as it sounds.

JWP will not reach that level. And wilshire will never reach his potential. Has a ready made excuse for everything, plays up all the time and has an all round horrendous attitude. I honestly think you are more likely to have a mixture of AL, JC, RB, JW and AOC in england's midfield. Prowse has good technique, next carrick maybe (Spain, just like barcelona, must be shivering at that prosepect :mcinnes:)

Can Morgan qualify for England yet?

Nope. The home nations agreement rules out him and Janujaz from qualifying for England, no matter how long they stay here for.

Still baffled how anyone thinks otherwise despite the rules being pretty clear.