Saints to sign Rui Fonte?

Bad Wolf

Apparently anyway.

Jose's younger brother, winger/forward, played for MP at Espanyol.

Would make sense however looking at his career stats I'd be pretty underwhelmed by this. Seems to be a squad player wherever he's been, though saying that he IS only 23 and was a regular in Portugal's Under 21s.

Anyone ever seen him play?

What is your source for this?

A friend told me. Not the most reliable source I know. And I don't think he's ever given me any transfer rumours before and I'm pretty sure he only said "apparently" too. It's probably ******** in all honesty, thought I'd see if anyone else had heard this though.

Apparently anyway.

Would make sense however looking at his career stats I'd be pretty underwhelmed by this. Seems to be a squad player wherever he's been, though saying that he IS only 23 and was a regular in Portugal's Under 21s. Anyone ever seen him play?

Mmmm.... maybe we should sign his younger brother then, Rui's injury record might be a problem....?

A friend told me. Not the most reliable source I know. And I don't think he's ever given me any transfer rumours before and I'm pretty sure he only said "apparently" too. It's probably ******** in all honesty, thought I'd see if anyone else had heard this though.

Is your "friend" a Chelsea fan? They are apparently ITK about all Saints transfer moves. :rolleyes:

Apparently anyway.

Would make sense however looking at his career stats I'd be pretty underwhelmed by this. Seems to be a squad player wherever he's been, though saying that he IS only 23 and was a regular in Portugal's Under 21s.

Anyone ever seen him play?

Is he a free agent or is this meant to be a summer move?

Instant Classic has loads of previous for posting utter bullish*t.

Where? Care to find an example of this? Because I've only ever started one transfer rumour thread and it wasn't even strictly to do with Saints, it was Connolly to Pompey. Which ended up happening.

He is currently (not) playing for Benfica's reserve team.

A lot of hype when he went to Arsenal but he is really not that good. I even think he was given way too many chances at Espanyol.

Saying that we're said to be in for Yoshida's brother. Cortese is fuming at home because it was the missing link to domination in the Japanese market that he couldn't find.