2014/15 Kit Revealed - #TheStripesAreBack

The9

I see an SFC on the training sock. I would also think the kits will have the same style sock, though whether that's a white sock with black turnover on the home kit remains to be seen.

I've seen those gradated Barcelona Nike-ripoff shirts somewhere else, going to have a look around to see if I can track down a brand that's used them. Pretty sure Wycombe had an away kit like that last season...

It doesn't, really.

Was rummaging around the KUKRI site for something that has a "V with stripes under", but though the "Kimmer" has a V, and there are a few designs with stripes, I can't see one with both. So could be they don't have the template we're having, or the design is none of them. Also can't find the same style sock as worn in grey/yellow, but there are quite a few designs with multiple colourways, so I may have missed it.

Pretty sure that training kit is right though, the low white training socks may even have KUKRI logos on.

I know the adidas stuff was generic and dull, but the training stuff did look very 'premier league' and professional. The shirts today looked ill-fitting and cheaper.

Not sure about that, the colour scheme is horrible though, and the best pics we have are of the coaches, not the players, you'd expect those to be pretty dubious fits!

Keep looking for something similar, but they have a lot of (generic) designs. Can see the tracksuits aren't the same from the pic above though. Just attempted detective work really - anyone got any other crappo brands? Samurai, that's another one.

Keep looking for something similar, but they have a lot of (generic) designs. Can see the tracksuits aren't the same from the pic above though. Just attempted detective work really - anyone got any other crappo brands? Samurai, that's another one.

Sondico, Jakko, ProStar, Jacetts?

Again, the cheap unfitted look.

As opposed to the shirts by adidas, which we were told a day or so ago had to be privately tailored by the club and were a contributory factor to Cortese cancelling the contract?

I like the Admiral gear.

Me too, despite it being supposedly poorly made, low quality, etc. It looks nice, it's unique but not an ugly design and most importantly, it looks like a Saints kit. They've also come a long way from the cheesegrater material of the 1970s (or even the dodgy weave pattern of the 1991 home shirt or the flame shirts).

To be honest I don't think there's much difference in the quality of the Nike/adidas stuff and the rest of it in terms of replicas. My adidas shorts last season came unstitched around the waistband, none of the own made stuff did that. However, the Umbro away shorts we had in the sash season were a ridiculous shape, always sliding down at the back of the waist, and every bit as bad as the (actually pretty decent quality otherwise) "nose-breaker", or the not-quite-long-enough long sleeve on the all yellow away or white/grey flybe shirts. The blue away relegation season is an excellent kit by any measure.

Anyway, players who get precious about their kit are mostly being primadonnas, provided it's not causing actual injury or discomfort it's really not their problem, and I couldn't care less about fitted kit, I think that fitted shirts look pretty silly with baggy shorts.

Sondico, Jakko, ProStar, Jacetts?

Well Sondico make the current Skate kit and they ARE in bed with Mike Ashley, so that's not happening, they're not stupid enough to pay a direct rival (I mean SportsDirect, not whatstheirname).

Jacetts might be an option - but pretty sure the likes of ProStar make their own, similar for Jakko, Legea, Joma etc.

After having looked at it quite a bit today, have to say I really like the new training kit. Like the design and also the fact that it should look a bit more individual than the bloody adidas template from last season that made all the adidas teams look uniform. Such a lazy approach and such a lazy, s**t design.

Pretty optimistic about the home made approach atm tbh.

I'd imagine we'll get a look in a few days with a couple of big new signings - and a big fanfare welcome for Veho into the bargain.

Really? OS said on 30th June

Saints’ new home and away kits will be unveiled in the coming weeks and will go on sale late in July, well in advance of the 2014/15 campaign.

Almost sounds like it isn't even finalised, which I am sure can't be the case.

Can't say I like the training kit. Quite like the design, don't like the choice of colours for the white/yellow, and the grey on the Saints badge looks awful. The grey/yellow looks better, and definitely goes with the rest of the training kit better too, but still not a fan. I'd probably buy one if it was a tenner though, and it won't be... at least until April 2015.

FWIW, having now had a better look at the gallery on the OS, I don't think it's the same design as the one I found on the KUKRI site, and the markings on the white socks are just lines not a brand name. That would explain why I couldn't find design matches for the training kit or sock styles.

Somebody back there in the thread said something about "Think Pony"

Not sure if they were referring to the previous 90's kit, or were using rhyming slang :?

That was in response to someone else saying something like "with a sort of V with bits of stripes underneath", I think. Still primarily red though.

say what you like about Adidas.... but the red and the black training gear was top quality and even at full price value for money.... The sweat tops were exceptionally good and great for breathable warmth during the winter... I hope I am wrong but those training tops with the cuffs looked dire.... why would you have cuffs like that on a modern pro training sweat ? Yes the adidas playing shirt from last year was poor and possibly our worst shirt ever but the general quality of adidas stuff is fabulous.... so here is the problem. If there are many like me who each year buy a southampton FC badged leisure top ( sweat or T-shirt ) but of course only if its reasonable quality and style then their sales may not be what they hoped. The training wear during the home-brand era was poor so I stayed away. And my kids during that time I seemed to remember wanted to wear red and white to matches but preferred Athletic Bilbao tops that they had... What is totally beyond me is why Saints did not keep Adidas on a reduced contract for the one year with training wear only and then back to full contract the year after... that way they only had to find a shirt maker for their own-brand year in the wilderness... or would that be too embarrassing for adidas !?!? anyway , from the pictures so far , the T-shirts look ok , great for barby tops in the summer and beach wear... the grey half zips look terrible so its even-stevens as they say....

A thread recap so far for people who want to see what's actually been said...

FFS don't quote it!

I hate to break more bad news to you. But next year we will be blessed with the return of the "saints" own brand kit.

Thanks to none other than mr cortese

Cortese had one of his many disputes with Adidas I believe. Unless the damage can be undone we will be our own brand I'm afraid

On the plus side. I think it may be stripes lol

It will need to be something special now...

Most of you are probably unaware that the players shirts worn on a match day are different to the ones you buy in the shops. When the shirts come in the ones the players wear are sent back to be tailored to fit each player exactly how they like it. Especially the home ones as the away come slightly fitted anyway.

This may be another key factor for the change as they can be made correct to start rather than have to make them twice.

As you know cortese OCD went from players sleeping in there own bedding etc everywhere they went , down to each player having there own gloves hats Etc for training. I personally think this is a good idea. Even if it stops one player catching a bug before a big game then its worth it. When there's as much money at stake as there is these days every fine point counts.

Also just noticed on the OS that the adidas logo has just been added back to the "rolling partner banner" at the bottom of the page.

Could be nothing in it, but it could also have been pulled by the club due to the discrepancies.

It had disappeared for a number of weeks.

Pretty sure the decision is already made, have you seen the ad campaign circulating at the moment yet? Tangible red and white stripes and a couple of yellow and blue bits on there too... :)

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/14032014-home-heart-launch-1421737.aspx

Well said.

I'd be interested to hear peoples thoughts on the below?

61818.jpg

It won't be stripes, the next kit is the last of Cortese's legacy

Depends if the new board have been able to influence anything since they've come in.

And how the reported issues with Adidas were resolved if at all

What I was told is that Cortese wanted to get out of the 2 year contract and switch manufacturers (to adidas' arch-rivals Puma) the two companies (SFC and adidas UK) were in contract termination negotiations and then Cortese got sacked, Ralph & co. reconciled.

Confirmed. Adidas are NOT making our kits next season.

https://www.facebook.com/adidasFootballUK/posts/641326732603985

Not this season coming but may well be for 15/16? weird.

Blimey you lot have been busy over the past week or so...

I heard from a third party that Ralph Krueger was asked about the kit at the Awards last week and said pretty much the first thing everyone says to him is "can we have stripes back", but confirmed the kit deal was already signed for next season and it will be plain red - which I am aware conflicts with Blakey's story.

It is done. All finished. The sponsor has seen it and is happy with it.

steve_veho: @50miles2saints @andrew_saintsfc @AdeMcKenzie only about 6 people on the planet have seen it #patience

Patience from here on in it seems...

Saint Armstrong on twitter pretty much confirming it's an own-brand kit, I won't be buying.

Nope, he cancelled the deal due to their screw up getting the kit for the start of the season.

You'd think!

Partnership termination has just been announced on Twitter. Statement says that decision was made in December so Cortese fallout could have been likely reason for the termination. No details of new kit announced, other than that information will be released in the coming months (Although I'm sure we all assumed as much, anyway!)

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/14052014-statement-southampton-fc-adidas-1552140.aspx

How long does it take to produce a kit ffs! We reconciled in feb/mar and they can't produce a kit between then and July? :rolleyes:

on OS now about not using Adidas

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/14052014-statement-southampton-fc-adidas-1552140.aspx

Following months of discussions at the end of last year, the decision was made at the start of December 2013 that the Club would terminate its contract with its Official Technical Supplier, adidas.

In February and March of this year, the Club worked hard to repair the relationship with adidas but, despite these healthy discussions, it has become clear that, due to the short lead times involved, adidas were unable to produce a Southampton kit in time for next season.

As a result of this the Club has had to find an alternative solution, and we will be unveiling exciting news regarding our 2014/15 kit within the next couple of months.

Uh not necessarily.

IF he had a row, it is an equal possibility that he ordered a new kit from someone else before he was resigned.

The Board have then simply spent 3 months trying to get out of both messes.

I thought it was common knowledge now?

As per mlt originally said and subsequent leaks from the club, the shirt is red and own brand.

Adidas relationship is back on track now on both sides and return stripes and all in 2015. confirmed to me yesterday.

You can't hang that one on the current Board, this is all Cortese's doing. Things were too far down the line to go back, it's own brand for a year and then back to adidas as the rift has now been healed.

Apparently new kit and training stuff has arrived

Would this make sense to those that know the dates of release etc.

A month from now.

Watch this be completely wrong.....................

Someone n(Not me) thinks they saw it yesterday.

A diagonal white V from shoulders to neck, stripes underneath. His comments "Think the old pony strip"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbwZH1Y58VdfsxKZtjzIGJY0xo8JDvHIrkleGBUqWNBwVPdzXO

SevillaWarriorAwayDesign.jpg

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

I've heard that the away kit is navy. Anyone else heard similar?

Bored at work:

sfc1415_copy.jpg

getimage.php?shape=men&style=1067&sleeve=1&collar=2&view=front&c1=15&c2=1&c3=1&w=265

Really like this :)

Oh dear... Just as I feared. The new range is tacky in quality, ill fitting, own brand ********. Save your pounds and expectation.

the club should have just taken a hit on what they ordered and gone elsewhere. Sales are going to be appalling.

Players track is white and staff grey with yellow. Mono badge same colour as tops. Colour badges on kits, navy away. No news on home, but expecting red monstrosity.

disappointing, thanks Nicola you ****.

Having seen it I think you will be presently surprised , obviously the usual drongos will cry. Lots of you are far off the mark though

This is a Cortese kit. I'm all accepting of giving the board a kicking when it's deserved, but this was not their work.

My earlier post of 19/07/14 is the sale date.

Is it? So is the issue not that "Cortese cancelled the adidas kit and didn't leave us enough lead time to resolve it" but actually because "Cortese cancelled the adidas kit AND kicked off a deal with another supplier which we then couldn't get out of in time"?

Yes it is.

There were also badge issues with Adidas (they sent a ton of kit with NO badge on it which really f'd off Cortese), Also the club had to get the players shirts privately tailored.

Edited by The9

Talking of kit ..I noticed that the sponsors on the rolling bar on the OS have been reduced from 7 to 4 now. I can see that Adidas have gone and the betting outfit,Veho have replaced AAP but who else is missing.

Grey Goose?

Talking of kit ..I noticed that the sponsors on the rolling bar on the OS have been reduced from 7 to 4 now. I can see that Adidas have gone and the betting outfit,Veho have replaced AAP but who else is missing.

I spoke to this briefly on one of the Lallana threads but I imagine the hair care industry of the Hampshire area will collapse without Shaw and Lallana supporting it, thus their ads have been pulled.