2014/15 Kit Revealed - #TheStripesAreBack

The9

It looks like the kit I have most seasons after doing my Premier League team online, and then I have to design the kit, and I just randomly throw in colours here and there, with some vague semblance of colours that kind of compliment each other, but otherwise are pretty garish. Or maybe even one of the old Sensible Soccer kits I used to have for my team!

I know Mr Grant is in charge and all that, but he did just say it was "from a mate". Any chance you'd like to tell us which mate Steve, like where he works, in what capacity etc, and how he has been able to "leak" this image early. Far too many taking it as gospel - although at the same time all of course hoping it's not true!

I would be amazed if that is our kit next season. I call BS.

Worst kit ever. (which is why I don't think it is our kit).

Also got to love the Cortese digs. Are people seriously saying a guy who handed in his notice 8 months ago (whilst Adidas were still sponsors) is able to lock in the design for our kit for the following season?

Very doubtful....

Oh, and having previously said only primadonnas care about the kit they're being paid to wear, I'd make an exception in that case.

Hopefully Cortese going has saved us from a weird shift to red and yellow...

Also got to love the Cortese digs. Are people seriously saying a guy who handed in his notice 8 months ago (whilst Adidas were still sponsors) is able to lock in the design for our kit for the following season?

Very doubtful....

He worked his notice until January, definitely cancelled the Adidas contract, as noted from the time line on the OS, and if (as people have said) he also kicked off a new deal, we'd have had to extract ourselves from this AND get a new supplier in 6 months as well as going through the whole design/redesign, manufacturer and shipping process. Perfectly possible they were on very tight timelines.

He worked his notice until January, definitely cancelled the Adidas contract, as noted from the time line on the OS, and if (as people have said) he also kicked off a new deal, we'd have had to extract ourselves from this AND get a new supplier in 6 months as well as going through the whole design/redesign, manufacturer and shipping process. Perfectly possible they were on very tight timelines.

Don't buy it for a second. Half a year is plenty of time to sort out a kit manufacturer/design. Unless the board have been sleeping on the job of course. If my company can make 1000 custom shirts to send to Africa as part of our partnership with a charity in over 3 weeks I am sure a PL club can do the same...

Don't buy it for a second. Half a year is plenty of time to sort out a kit manufacturer/design. Unless the board have been sleeping on the job of course. If my company can make 1000 custom shirts to send to Africa as part of our partnership with a charity in over 3 weeks I am sure a PL club can do the same...

I'd be surprised if they went with a striped logo for Heart and Home and gave out striped scarves in Swansea if it wasn't striped, and I mean red and white stripes... But they have clearly stated they didn't have enough time to get out of the "no brand" and re-use Adidas, so the timescales aren't that different.

Also, whoever it was that said Adidas wouldn't put their logo on that red thing doesn't really understand how branding works.

du6usezu.jpg

Surely if it was a red/yellow shirt then the whole colour coding of the club would match it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe this fella knows what he is talking about. The new kit is pretty much there in front of your eyes.

Can't be a Cortese abortion because the man hated stripes, I have been told b someone ITK that there are no stripes as the die had been cast before the Cuban heeled one left the building.

Well there are no red and white stripes on that shirt... Shadow ones don't count, just like they didn't in 1985.

kayM4dU.jpg

Erm. Been sent this by a mate, with the caption "from the Cortese design house" :uhoh: :lol:

Oh no. Please tell me my worst fears are not going to come true. Surely this cannot be our new shirt? If it is... then we will be a laughing stock.

Dress like a professional athlete play like an athlete. Dress like a Sunday league team, play like a Sunday league team.

I refuse to believe our club hierarchy are that stupd. Yellow for away yes, but on a home strip?!

FWIW, I kept my powder dry when I say the training kit.... could be first impressions, but I thought it looked crap.

Please don't let this be our shirt. Please.

Edited by SaintRobbie

Very doubtful....

Spot on.

Well, when something else is unveiled tomorrow no-one will even notice this bit.

But well done Robbie again on coming across like a neurotic eleven year old girl and spouting the wonder which is that line about kit affecting ability.

Seeing as the widely admired Palace side of the second half of last season were wearing the same UNBRANDED kit as the crap team they had in the first few games of it.

Well, when something else is unveiled tomorrow no-one will even notice this bit.

But well done Robbie again on coming across like a neurotic eleven year old girl and spouting the wonder which is that line about kit affecting ability.

Seeing as the widely admired Palace side of the second half of last season were wearing the same UNBRANDED kit as the crap team they had in the first few games of it.

So we are destined to relegate until we sign Pulis to save us?

I'm not saying a branded shirt is everything, having a team of quality players helps.... hopefully we will have one in a month or so.

But it's basic sports psychology I'm afraid.

Further, it will once again divide the fan base. All the club needed to do was produce something in red and white, might not be Adidas and therefore appear cheap, but at least we'd have all admired the move toward tradition.

So we are destined to relegate until we sign Pulis to save us?

I'm not saying a branded shirt is everything, having a team of quality players helps.... hopefully we will have one in a month or so.

But it's basic sports psychology I'm afraid.

Further, it will once again divide the fan base. All the club needed to do was produce something in red and white, might not be Adidas and therefore appear cheap, but at least we'd have all admired the move toward tradition.

Oh, I'd forgotten you're the pr1ck who thinks "to relegate" is decent English. The conclusion you've come to from my point about own brand kits not having any bearing whatsoever on performance is precisely the reason everyone things you're insane.

You do not seem able to comprehend basic information, so I'm not going to waste my time any further.

I believe the new kit is red and white stripes, however the stripes are not vertical but horizontal and the red stripes are thin.

Ha, purely based on the comment above about the media room backdrop, nice one.

Oh, I'd forgotten you're the pr1ck who thinks "to relegate" is decent English. The conclusion you've come to from my point about own brand kits not having any bearing whatsoever on performance is precisely the reason everyone things you're insane.

You do not seem able to comprehend basic information, so I'm not going to waste my time any further.

Weinberg, R. (2008). Does imagery work? Effects on performance and mental skills. Journal of Imagery Research in Sport and Physical Activity, 3(1).

Some basic information for you. There's plenty more sports psychology reading out there. Luckily, Red as a colour seems to have an unduly higher performance rate for some reason. You can read lots about this too if you like.

It's all about having the edge over the opposition and extra confidence when you're at the very top of a profession, anything for the tiniest of edges over the opposition.

Ironically however, some rugby teams started playing in pink to feel like underdogs and generate more aggression. Perhaps Koeman could generate a similar reverse-psycology?

Edited by SaintRobbie

Assuming Robbie's just tried to post something about psychology, can someone tell him we already did that whole argument months ago in this thread and it's irrelevant anyway? Oh hang on, it's me that can't see his stuff, not the other way around.

Can't be a Cortese abortion because the man hated stripes, I have been told b someone ITK that there are no stripes as the die had been cast before the Cuban heeled one left the building.

Just curious, but if Cortese did indeed hate stripes, why did he sign off on the shirt design for our Championship promotion season?

home_short_sleeve_front_personalisation.jpg

Wet Spam is pretty bad, but if that is ours, well not sure quite what to say.

I like the West Ham one, it's a nod to the McAvennie/Cottee kit from the early 80s. Don't like the sky blue shorts they have though, someone obviously decided it was necessary due to the lack of sky blue sleeves, but the original had white shorts and was fine...

Of course I'm sure they'll have the traditionalists who didn't like it then and don't like it now, but there's no excuse for it nowadays, the 80s was a time when clubs were just getting into replica marketing and the manufacturers/brands had more power, they should have made all their mistakes long ago and shouldn't be repeating any.

Quite looking forward to tomorrow now, makes sense that they'd reveal the shirt about now, given that they've taken the old banners down and must be about to put the new ones up.